• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FB3: The Shocker//April 11th-12th PDX

Climax11

Smash Ace
Jem once again has broken my heart.

Yeah, you tell him eggerz (wiki, if you plan on participating in the main tourney it's basically a free tourney so i do want to have more of an empahsis of fun on the early bird dittos.)!

and uh...50 dollars for gas? Well alright, i was going to take you out this tourney but I guess I'll sand bag to ya... (oh yeah, bring your lap top....:) i think someone said they could record they just need a good lap top do it on, and while mines capable of tio, is probably to retarted for recording equipment.)

Any other opinions on the one character knockout per person?

QraQ

Smash Ace
I'm glad me and bart are winning doubles, or else I'd regret paying 50$ gas. LOL
I'm pretty sure the KNUTTQRAQER has it on LockD my friend.
I believe you're lookin for the children's table sir.

-QraQ

VenusGospel

Smash Apprentice
so hey ride Ole is it cool if you still get Ryan and I if not that is fine I can find other ways but I am just throwing that out
Sorry man, I spoke to Rawb about it and since it's his birthday this weekend he's not even going to be able to smash, now I'm having issues getting the equipment down there, he might be able to give me a ride, but you and Ryan is another story, pm me your number and we'll try and work through this. I'll try desperately to see if I can get you a ride

T0MMY

Smash Master
Ditto tourney rules should be so simple
1)Player 1 chooses character & Player 2 has to play that character against him/her
2)Player 2 chooses character & Player 1 has to play that character against him/her
3)If there is a 3rd round, both players may agree on a character to ditto, if not then random character select (maybe allow for agreement on characters not to be used in a random select (eg "no Ice Climbers on random" "ok")

Character knockouts are stupid for the obviousness that people don't want to play a stupid match, it's axiomatic. But if the players want to play Ice Climber dittos or Peach dittos on Dreamland or whatever, we shouldn't prevent them from doing that--remember it's about having fun, if they have fun doing that, then let them. If you don't want to watch it, then don't.

BC-Chris

Smash Journeyman
haha jem I don't know of any cutties that live near the SFE tournies.
I know alot from lake oswego and a good amount from gresham.
Hey climax I might not be able to make it today to your place since I might hang out with my friends hailey and marie so I'll call you if I'm gonna come.
Hey minh are you coming up today ?

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
all right so is anyone willing to give two attractive kids with long hair a ride we have hit a snag in the ride action. I can more than likely get the ol' mommy to take us but I am just trying to cover everything so I don't depend on one thing

Balloon

Smash Lord
Gage, try for your mom to take you. If she really really can't, I'll see about getting you with the Eugene van. Don't mention that you have a backup though, cause then she might just say "then do that."

Climax11

Smash Ace
I think it'd be stupid for the eugene van to pick you up, it's way out of the way, and i'm assuming alot of gas. In all seriousness though, it added on an extra hour to my trip to the last SFE.

So what I"m saying is I'm sure if nothing else we can figure out someone with a smaller car to go pick you up later tonight. (bearing in mind you might have a few bones for gas, or someones super nice.) I would but right now i'm doing some set up and once people get here I can't really leave the house.

But yeah, we'll figure something out if your mom can't.

Climax11

Smash Ace
No. I thought about it after it worked so well at SFE but I had already posted the prices with the whole "do two tournies, save $5" thing, so I decided against it. Depending on how things go I might incorporate the door fee in the future, but I didn't want to change the plans after I had as many people confirmed as I did.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Well my mom can't because we are having some family issues. So yeah if there is an alternate ride from Eugene that is willing I will be more than happy to chip in some gas money

Balloon

Smash Lord
So then, Guy, I don't get how you're planning to distribute prizes. If you take 5 dollars off of people's entrance fees for singles, does that just mean less of a pot for singles?

Climax11

Smash Ace
Well you can look at it 2 ways...

1 - basically it's a 10 dollar tourney at heart....

or

2 - it's 15 dollars to play 2 tourneys. If you're that good just win them both.

:) ?

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Yeah know body has seen me for awhile I have been training by my self and with some people Ole came to my place tonight and asked told me about it and I told him I will go with him. I guess ill see everyone tomorrow.

To those who have not met me they will tomorrow I am going to bring my (A) game nothing but that.

see you tomorrow guys.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Jesse and I are leaving for this in a few minutes. I have 2 TVs with built-in VCRs, a standalone VCR, and 6 VHS tapes, so that makes at least 3 setups with recording stuffs.

Be there around 10 PMish tonight.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Eugene will be there whenever Bart gets to our place.
I'm thinking I'd rather just go early tomorrow so Ronin can come with us, because it'll probably be midnight before we leave at this rate.
We'll be bringing
13 TVs
13 Gamecubes
10 VCRs
20 VHS tapes
and 1 SSBM Game Disc

BC-Chris

Smash Journeyman
hey climax I'll bring my cube tomorrow k .
It will be easier this way/ Im going mudding tonight and racing throughout gresham with travis ,ryan quackenbush and john since john is driving/me .
so yeah I had alot of fun so far almost crash over a dozentimes already and were gonna go back out so yeah. I can actually get arrested tonight lol.
then smash tomorrow so I call you or minh in the morning and say whats up
oh yeah riot come k and this tournie looks really great nice job climax.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Quackenbush? Is that a common name, because that was the last name of a character in this book I have read? It was a very odd book, not common by any means.

BC-Chris

Smash Journeyman
ssssp

Quackenbush? Is that a common name, because that was the last name of a character in this book I have read? It was a very odd book, not common by any means.
hey duke quacknbush is from washington and pretty good at smash I think alot better then you lol not kidding.
or trying to say your bad.
he really technical and has been playing extremely smart with me .
ryan plays fox I know for sure he is better than jayce but not minh.
:laugh:

Top Bottom