• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FB3: The Shocker//April 11th-12th PDX

keeper

Smash Champion
I don't do shoutouts but it was tight meeting idaho - qraq, gnosis, knuttz, (and more..?) - deva, and keeper. KEEP THAT SHIT!
Lame pun just got lamer. xP

If I only I had kept it.

Also, I don't know everyones user name on here. The ones I do know are: Balloon, T!mmy, T0mmy, Juce, Aftermath, Cimax, Eggz, Tudios, and that's really about it. So, if you don't mind, which one were you, Josh? >_<

Who were the people I was playing those FFAs with a bunch? I know one was Qraq, one went by Emis, and then there was Fago.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Shoutout time!

*Climax11 - You have proven yourself to be the N-Oregon host. You provided a great venue, and showed you can handle brackets and timeliness with a fairly large event. I can't begin to praise you enough. Post the results on tia!
I keep hearing how everyone says they're sorry you had to put up with all the work involved from organizing, advertising, and running the event in addition to the cleanup afterwards. I wish I could compensate you for that, or if you could take a house cut or something, but the most I could do is help out where I could. And I have to agree, it would help cut down on the mess if you provided LARGE trash/recycle bins for everyone and informed them where they were. And the attendees need to help out with the trash, remember, you are actually a guest at someone's house.

*Binx - hoping you get divorced, seriously, I have a feeling you're being trapped into a relationship you're not happy with. I see it happen to too many nice guys. I'm not just saying this because I miss you and want to hang out with you more; if you're in that kind of situation I hope you get yourself out of it.

*Venus Gospel - Congrats on your placing. You gave my Pichu a difficult time this time, and you showed a good deal of improvement even since SF:E. My only suggestion is you should be mindful of when you lead into an attack, be patient until you see the time. Good matches, look forward to placing even better in the future! Hope to see you at Smash the State this weekend.

*Foos - omg, you've gotten so good with your Sheik and your Fox. You're one of the players that pushes me to stay focused and keep playing. Intense match in singles! We'll MM in Smash 64 one of these days. And thanks for helping out with getting the thread for StS up and going too! And isn't my Game & Watch a good character? Yeah! My new sorta main, I'm really liking him. If only I got lucky with those judgments :^(

*Xeris - After I remembered you from that TANG I knew how much better you've got at this game. Pulling off victories with Ganondorf can be difficult against a lot of the top-tiers people play. If you were attending tournaments more regularly you would probably get that experience you need to overcome those difficulties. I'm thinking you'll take the Oregon Ganon-player award from Shin once you get that experience!
Best of luck to you on your business venture, I'll support you however I can!

*Buzz - Always great to see you at these events. You're one of those people everyone likes but forgets to mention. You and Foos make a good team too. And you rock at Smash 64! Hope to see you more at future events for more good times.

*Jiggle Jammer - Congrats on your victory against t1mmy, he was right saying if you earned that spot you could do it again. I don't know how to play against Jigglypuffs, but I tried my best and got you. I don't know if I should tell you to not be so obviously agrressive with your Fox or to keep it up, I knew exactly what you were going to do, but you pulled it off, haha. Your Jiggs is scary, and I have to mention that rest you pulled off on me on Pokemon Stadium was too good, I thought I had you in a semi-infinite against that tree and you got me X^D

*Sheik Slammer - We didn't get to play at all, but I know you rep Sheik with style! GG, see you and Gage and Smash the State, go for #1 in teams with him, you two got a good team!

*BC-Chris - Too technical @_@

*Red - Congrats on doing so well in the ditto match. Sorry I didn't get to play Sheik friendlies with you. Should have grabbed me at some point.

*Jankerrific - We only played a few friendlies, that was good because I hardly get to play you. Thanks for taking the time to come play with me and the Idaho players.

*Cmin - Yes! Minh! That was awesome you could show up. We've missed you! That was too funny when I hugged your leg and you were like WTF? Haha. It really was great to see you with OC George, Foos, and Buzz, like old times. Make sure to bring MCS with you to Smash the State. And I have to mention... Tudios' Pikachu should have beat you! But he didn't, no johns, GG, make sure to get some Pika practice in for next time!

*Juce - Strong performance, as usual. I keep telling everyone that Zelda is a Captain Falcon counter, she knows how to make use of her whole leg, not just the knee! Close match, brought it to the third game, if only I got a shine spike on our Fox ditto I could have changed things around. I'll get you this weekend >:^D

*Lucious - You're so much fun. Saw you with a girl and then you vanished. Why do girls steal people from us? (cries) I only did that once... beach johns... but remember, Smash Bros. before hoes.

*Balloon - Great playing, I hope you go up on the PR list after this. I was hoping you could take out Eggz for Oregon. But think of it this way, Oregon took out most of Washington this time around and brought it close to the finals. We'll get them next time!

*T0MMY - yay, you're staying more focused/less nervous in tournaments. Just a stock away from finals!

*T!MmY - omg, your game has gotten really off, I hope switching to a different character and getting away from Smash for a little bit will help you get back on your game. Props to staying persistent to your playing, guess when you're up I'm down and when you're down I'm up, huh? Well, you, Shin, and Russel helped me with my problems, so I'll help however I can.

*Wikipedia - seriously, stop shouting so much! lulz! But really, I noticed your improvement, and I heard you said you want to be recognized as a top player in Oregon. You've got the right attitude showing up to tournaments regularly. That's the only way the rest of us got where we are now. I'd say focus on Marth, he doesn't have to be too technical, get as many friendlies in as you can, instead of blowing $20 all on one MM, go for a lot more $1 MM so serious players will have incentive on playing you, try making it best of 5 to get more practice in on them. And I have to commend you for asking a lot of people for advice on improving. So, there's my advice.
And sorry if I came off so harsh on you about talking to me when I'm playing. Remember, I have problems focusing when I'm playing and constantly look for a reason to just quit playing in tournament matches. I didn't want to seem so mean about it, but it is annoying. You seemed like you'd refrain from doing so in the future, so it should all be good. And don't say you're leaving if you're not, I think you said goodbye to everyone like 5 times, lulz!

*Eggz - I have so much respect for you, because you are so willing to travel and attend a number of different tournaments. You are also really funny and overall fun. Definitely a top player in WA that we need to see more of, because, for real, I think the reason OR has gotten so much better is your periodic attendance. We used to sandbag so much, even in finals, now I see a lot more competition, and watch out, one day an OR player will win a match against you ;^)

*Aftermath - "Why's t0mmy playing so well?" I only ever heard that when we were playing out-of-state, but I hope you can see that I'm not being such an emo sandbagger anymore, as dukipedia said. It wasn't really by choice, just have a difficult time playing in a tournament. Come back to Oregon.

*Brdy_ - We didn't get to play. I was hoping you'd take out Bart and we'd play, but that no-good Aftermath eliminated you. Ah, well, we'll play again soon. And I hate playing Peach, but like playing you. Maybe we'll play next in the OR Online League.

*t1mmy - lawlz @ you hitting on Brdy's girlfriend.

*Deva - You've got one awesome Link! I don't think I played any friendlies with you, but I could tell you got it on. I was guessing your name had something to do with that guru named Deva, but I don't know much about him. Maybe your theme song could be Across the Universe, heh heh.

*Tudios - Your Pika is a beast! You should have won that match against Minh. Seriously, two failed Quick Attacks? But so close! It was one of those matches that make you hold your breath. I was cheering for you, but I just knew you were going to SD. Watch out for that kind of stuff, you could have gotten really far in the brackets!

*Shin - don't phail so much

*Riot - I totally forgot we had that argument, haha. That's cool. I was seriously concerned about playing your Samus after I saw all the people you defeated in the tournament. Seriously, I was talking to everyone I could and they were just like "Riot is good". And I hate fighting Samus, but I really stayed focused and kept on my game--I had to, you're a tricky player! Bombs! OMG! Good stuff.

*Artifice - Argh, I hate Peach! You had me waiting for so long, me and Foos were asking about a DQ. And our match did come close, I had more problems against you than I did with Hella, that's for sure. I didn't know if going Fox on you was a good idea or not, but I managed to pull of the win. GG!

*QraQ, Knuttz, Gnosis, and Chancellor, and FrankyFreakshow, Sweet Tangerine (Idaho) - I am always really thankful whenever anyone out of state shows up to an Oregon event. I know Idaho can really benefit from attending an OR event because we have the potential to be a meeting spot for other states like Washington, California, and....Alaska? I played quite a few friendlies with some of you, but I don't think I got to play much with Qraq and Knutts. Our Kirby & Jigglypuff MM was too good. We should have made it a 3/5 and recorded it.
I really do hope to see more of Idaho, and I was hoping Battle Christ would make an appearance.
Where was Buzz? He's obviously the best in the state, yes? Haha, j/j

*Ronin - see Shin's shout out.

keeper

Smash Champion
Other quotes-

Me: I'm getting *****...
Balloon: Don't focus on being *****.

Me: *reporting results of playing Eggz* I got *****.
I forgot who said it, I know Aftermath was there for it, and that dude that was sitting downstairs for awhile: *tries to type "*****" into the results thing for how many times Eggz lost*

T!mmy: I could just sit here and shield grab you the whole time. It's like you see a shield and you have to attack it.
Me: >_< I know...

T!mmy: BRAWL COMES OUT TOMORROW!

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Alllll right

SHOUT OUTS!!!!!!!

Guy/Climax- You are just the superist funnest hostesst ever. I loved the first FB and I loved the second. Thanks a lot for hosting it and you are just super fun. I didn't fight you this tournament haha. That is fun and yeah I have heard you are getting better. Don't get discouraged all right. I don't know if you are or not, but just remember. I got ***** hardcore when I first started out. It just takes some time and you can go big :).

Minh/CMIN/Semen?- Didn't get to play you much, but they were fun. Hope to see you soon for some more friendlies and such. You are my favorite asian smasher :)

Jayce/Jank- You are just a lot of fun. I have fun playing with you week after week. Thanks A LOT for paying Ryan's singles entry fee. That was really cool of you. We should mos def play this week. We will have tons and tons of fun :) Also, look at you. My little Jayce is growing up into a man smasher. Good job on getting same ranks with me.

T!MMY/Timmy- We had a ridiculous series of events. Playing with you was one of the most stressful things ever haha. We were too close in every match haha. If Jiggs didn't have rest I would be screwed :) Good stuff though and hey. I also don't know if you get discouraged, but don't take Tommy's comments a lot to heart it's fine. SD's happen in teams. Along the way it stops, but yeah don't worry about it.

T0MMY/Tommy- Hey good matches with you. All our matches were really close. Good job on winning though. I was a little down that I lost, but hey who isn't. Also, you shouldn't get on Timmy so much. Yeah he had SD's, but who doesn't in teams. I know that losing sucks and you can think to yourself "If he didn't SD there we would have won" That's the game and that's what happens. It's cool getting on Timmy isn't going to make it not happen. Just work around it or on it :)

BC-Chris/Chris/Koji/C4- DUDE!!!! Haha you did really good this tournament BC. I am glad you are improving. You aren't that little good I 4 stock with Roy anymore. Good job, I don't think you understand how much I love that you are improving. You just need to work on more mind games though. Think and you will be even better. We had very few friendlies, but it's all good. Again, good job on doing good this tournament.

Bart/Balloon/Dirthead- You are still just too good. You even beat Jesse this time around. Great job at doing that. You improve A LOT every tournament and you are all ready too good. I hope you place amazing at Pound 3. Good job on winning doubles and 2nd in singles. Next time you will get Eggz don't worry about it haha.

Jesse/Juce- All ways fun hanging out with you and our adventures. You should spend the night next weekend. Because that would be just super fun. You lost to Bart you crazy mofo. Don't worry about it though. I don't think we played a single match this tournament. That is pretty crazy stuff and we didn't fight eachother in the tourney. Still good job on the whole ditto tourney.

Russel/Lucious- It was really nice seeing you again. I am telling you if you need a place to stay you can come to my house. Don't worry about it okay? Yeah you left way to early what is wrong with you haha. Oh well, nice seeing you again and yeah you should come with Jesse to spend the night next weekend. :)

Brady/Brdy- Our matches were too good. They were all close and I loved them haha. I improved a lot since the SF:E Summer. I still was shocked that I won that Yoshi story match. Nothing like 3 rest in like 30 seconds haha. I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT STUPID APPLE BLEW UP HAHA!!! That was so stupid apples can't blow up. I hate this game.....Yeah good stuff though. It was also really nice seeing you again. You are one of my favorite smashers and I have only got to chill with you twice :(. Come to The Jiggs and we can have a slumber party :) Again, nice seeing you and hope to see you soon.

Qraq/I don't know your name...- You are a really funny man and I liked you a lot. You should come to more OR tournies. Because you are just super cool like that :) I didn't get to play with you much, but nice matches we had....even though they were all dittos. So yeah, thanks for coming and you should also come to The Jiggs.

Idaho/Udaho- All of you guys were a lot of fun. I wish you guys could come to more tournaments. Nice doubles to the two Idaho people we played you guys were fun. Wow I just realized I didn't have much to say. So yeah, good job and come to more OR tournies. Like The Jiggs *cough**cough*

Shane/Eggz- You are just too good. I didn't play with you all this tournament, but it's cool. We should get some friendlies in next time. Thanks for the "You are good at resting" comment that was cool. Hope to see you at The Jiggs. Because let's face it that tournament is going to be wayyyyyy better than this haha (oooooh what now Guy)

DMStudios- We didn't play like at all, but I still like you. You are really cool and that would be REALLY cool if you could get the whole Brawl thing to work out. I hope you can make it to The Jiggs. Because your chu is just too good.

Red (I repeated this color, but his name is Red come on haha)- Hey you were good it surprised me haha. You shouldn't be so shy though. Because everyone in the smash community is amazing and we love all of us haha. Fun stuff walking to J in the B and getting a free shake haha. Hope you come to more OR tournaments. Also, good job on repping being 15 haha.

Rest of WA- You guys are just all tons of fun. You should really come to more OR tournaments. Deva, really liked your Link. Artifice, I really liked your Peach. Good doubles matches with you guys and fun stuff.

JoshisRad/Josh Israd- Hey, I didn't play you much, but they were fun. You gots a good M2 :) Good times talking to you. Nice to see you could make it even though you didn't think you were going too. Hope to see you at The Jiggs.

F00S/Zach- I didn't play you at all this tournament. I thought we would have played ONE match haha. Oh well, there is all ways a next time. You have a good Sheik and apparently a good Fox :) Sucked that you had to leave early, but it's all good.

OC George/George- Didn't play you at all. Hope you had fun at this tournament. I saw you sitting a lot which kind of sucked. You should really be more active because you are super good. So yeah, play more often haha.

Buzz- I didn't see you play at all haha. I am sure you did though. You should be more active in the smash community haha. Make a Boards account *cough*

Finally Mr. Duke/Wikipedia- We still have never had a match with eachother haha. I enjoyed you this tournament thanks a lot for cheering for Ryan and I. The only thing you need to learn is BE QUIET DURING PEOPLES MATCHES HAHA!!!! It can be really distracting, so watch out for that. I hope to see you at more tournaments. And hey, you don't suck as much as you say. You just need to think more. Don't bring yourself down like that okay...okay.

If I forgot anyone else just tell me if you really want a shout out haha. I liked this tournament A LOT. Again, thanks Guy for holding this. I hope to see you all at The Jiggs. Thanks again for coming everyone and I still loved you all :)

Also, hey my game is in someones Cube. It was in my GC when I left it then I think what happened was since it sucked. You guys switched it out for I think the GC everybody was signing and I didn't know about that. So if someone could say they have it that would be really nice. Because I don't want to go have to buy another SSBM haha

keeper

Smash Champion
Red (I repeated this color, but his name is Red come on haha)- Hey you were good it surprised me haha. You shouldn't be so shy though. Because everyone in the smash community is amazing and we love all of us haha. Fun stuff walking to J in the B and getting a free shake haha. Hope you come to more OR tournaments. Also, good job on repping being 15 haha.
Seconded. Red is awesome and kicked ***. Go fifteen year olds?! =P

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
yay for no sleep.
since i suck at remembering names i'll just say it was a lot of fun playing everyone.

BC-Chris

Smash Journeyman
BC-Chris/Chris/Koji/C4- DUDE!!!! Haha you did really good this tournament BC. I am glad you are improving. You aren't that little good I 4 stock with Roy anymore. Good job, I don't think you understand how much I love that you are improving. You just need to work on more mind games though. Think and you will be even better. We had very few friendlies, but it's all good. Again, good job on doing good this tournament.

Hey gage I thought your shout was really good and cool.
niceeeeeeeeeeeee =]

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yeah Gage, our round was troubled but looking back on it I realize it was the best match I had. :)

The reason is because in all my other matches I would be doing well and then just lose steam and play badly and I don't know why. Playing our second round forced me to focus and go all out and in retrospect I realize I need to find a way of doing that in every match I play, even friendlies. Thanks for the great games.

brdy_

Smash Lord
Climax- Thanks for a badass tourney! You're a great host and you're super nice

CMIN- Didn't get to play you but nice seeing ya again

Timmy- Our teams matches were pretty intense, nice playing you again

Tommy- Our teams matches were pretty intense, nice playing you again

BC-Chris- Nice seeing you again man... you're getting technical!

Bart- GO BART

Jesse- GGz. I won't counterpick Mute City against you from now on :O

Gage- Wasn't it a BF match you won? Anyway, you have a good Jiggz and exploding apples FTW.

Qraq- Whata cool guy. Nice meeting you, Idaho is badass! Thanks for the tips and practice up against some Samus players ;)

Frankie- LOL, sorry if I offended you in that one thread... I was really just messin around.

Gnosis- You're a nice guy, nice seeing you again.

Shane/Eggz- GGz, glad Deva and I were actually able to take a round off of you in teams

DMStudios- Nice seeing you against and your Ganon was ****** me

Red- You did sooo well! Especially in dittos! Good job man

JoshisRad- Nice meeting you, you're definitely cooler in real life

Foosy- Nice seeing you again! I'll try to play you next time

OC George- Nice seeing you again as well... lets play/MM next time we see each other.

Wiki- Douche.

Juce

Smash Ace
shout outs:

brdy: get some

bart: GG NoRe

BC: too good, time for you to get your spot on the PR

gage: i'll teach you to do better this weekend ;)

EWA: good work at talking NOR, you got free food out of it.

idaho: bring BattleChrist next time!!!

Deva: learn to have a real name :p

tim/tom: eat meat

russ: you should have stayed longer! i had more money from dittos, i could have paid for your entry

OC: i love you

man these are hard, first time i've done shout outs.....

keeper

Smash Champion
BAh, I just realized I never did any official shout-outs. @_@

Climax: Awesome tournament and a great experience for my first tourney. ^_^
Whoever I played all those FFAs with: Those were extremely fun. *PK Fires crowd*
SSBM name LD: Thanks for playing me and you're pretty good for not having SSBM.
Qraq: I played you in some FFAs and we were usually the only two left. Deadly fun and awesome.
Balloon: Thanks for handing my *** to me with Roy and Marth. Good job on your placing too. ^_O
Eggz: Same, only with Falco. I still want that Ness rematch sometime (even if it is in SSBB, though I plan to use Lucas...).
Juce: I ought to play you sometime since we live so close together.
Aftermath: Best Samus I've ever seen.
Peachmasta: "Why the hell is a Peach main good with Jigglypuff?"
Kaji: Fun stuff, your Ness is pretty good and that Luigi match was intense.
Brdy: Your Peach is good, keep it up.
Foos: Wish I got to play you. @_@
T!mmy: You were awesome to play and have some incredible mind games.
T0mmy: See what I said about Foos. >_O
Dude with long blond hair: I wish I got to play you too.
Red: You're awesome for a fifteen year old kid, you really are. I look forward to playing you in brawl and you have a great attitude.
Josh: I'll keep it.

I know some of those were repeats, but I felt I needed some proper stuff.

Red.

Smash Ace
thx so much for supporting me in my matches oregon, you guys will always be awesome in my book.

shoutout time for oregon

Ballon: you were super cool to me, we shouldve played though. I like ur falcon

Tommy: u and ur bro look alot alike I swear, I couldn't tell u guys apart for a sec. good matches, we should've done more.

Brdy: stop calling me redyoshi and call me red. I also didn't like you insulting rare games like that.

T!mmy: ur kirby gives me trouble, I'm just so used to fighting offensive kirbys. excellent matches anyway.

ole: technical fox I see, ur rly good at drill shining.

wiki: u were rly cool to me. ditto mm me?

foos: man, my DK and doc did so well vs ur fox. excellent matches man.

aftermath: It appears the rumors about u were lies, I'm to know though. ur missle cancelling is insane

guy who helped me with moonwalking: u were super cool for helping me, sucks u got an f'd up bracket.

studios: good matches in ditto tourney

keeper: ur cool, just don't throw a fit when I get a ko on u.

juce: I heard u were a jerk to alot of ppl at the tourney??

climax: ur alot better then u think, u were very cool to everybody in the tourney

if I missed anybody let me no.

WA shoutout time

Deva: sucks we never got to play, I wanted to ditto mm u though.

arti: we nvr got play either XD

adam: nice job taking the ranked oregon players in friendlies and in tourney.

patrick: ur yoshi surprised me.

eggz: I did excellent vs u in the ditto tourney and in the friendlie we had..excelent matches anyeays.. oh I forgot, I made u laugh so many times in the car.

and last but not least

Ka-master: don't judge me plz by how bad I did in that friendlie plz..I'll do better next time we play.

Red.

Smash Ace
actually he couldn't make it, he was at eggz place all day, and I only played him one game. after he was done smashing at eggz he went home.

Top Bottom