• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FB3: The Shocker//April 11th-12th PDX

QraQ

Smash Ace
Aight take 2 with my shotoutz.
Sorry for the delay but I've been real busy with work this week.

Eggz aka Shanimus Maximus - Good Yoshi ditto we had. You were hard-boiled when I first met you but in time you showed me your scrambled side =).

Balloon aka Barthalimue - Smash Bros B4 Hoes 4 LyFe!!!...Or until some fine *** Bee-otches come along =). Your Falcon passed me around like currency in prison.

Aftermath aka James - Your new name is CMC for Cuban Missle Crisis. Amazing Samus that you self-proclaim faster than Wes =P. I remember when you said it : "I don't think Wes is the fastest Samus; I think IM the fastest Samus!" xD

J(iz)uce aka Jesse - We should spoon sometime...You radiate too much *** Ima have to take you down a notch. I already almost merc'c BC-Chris. IM the only black smasher at events.

BRDY aka Brady - I hope I helped you defeat your "Achiles Heel". Now ****ing help me with Samus you ***. We should just play that coop **** in tournies. With my movement skill and your distinct knowledge on how to use the A button, we would ****.
Brady's girl aka Rachel - You're not mean =)

Tudios aka Derrick - Had fun talking smash with you. I enjoyed hearing your input on everything involving Brawl. Our matches were fun even though I couldn't seem to read you at all you pandora's box -.- . P.S. You sleep like a 12 year old girl who got ***** the night before, don't ask me how I know...

Climax aka Guy - Great tourney man props. Too bad you lost the dittos brakcet =P. Sorry we pissed off your girl =/.

JoshisBad aka Josh - You're the mirror image of Idaho Josh. For that I dislike you. haha j/k. But no seriously gtfo.

Deva aka Deva? - Someday we'll mm.

Peach Masta - Sexy

Sheik Slammer - Sexier

Riot - Your girl is so god **** annoying

Timmy/Tommy - Yall are weird but good at smash thus making you even out into normal. Make me a voodoo doll!

RedYoshi - You're too quiet to make any real funny comment to. Have fun with your Banjo-Kazooie speed runs.

Wikipedia - "Hey you know your girl has a baby?"...****ing idiot...

These are done in order of impact on me =P. Not sure if that's bad to say or not haha. Hope you all enjoyed my company as much as I enjoyed you guys. Until next time.

-QraQ

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
P.S. You sleep like a 12 year old girl who got ***** the night before, don't ask me how I know...
Noooooooo!!! You told everyone my secret!!
Don't tell people that! j/k

I don't know what you are talking about.

You're cool Dom, but I can see why your name is QraQ. . .

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Yeah so I'm like 2 weeks behind on the shout outs gimme a break I didn't have internetzorz

Guy: Thanks for hosting such a great tournament you're too good.

t!mmy: you're too good also kirbyside me more next time plz lol.

t0mmy: great matches man. Next time we face off twice hopefully the second time I won't be almost passing out in the chair lol.

Brdy: Good seeing you again man. Perhaps next time we'll play a match together.

Juce: Too good you are.

Bart: see Jesse's shout out.

Shane: see Bart's shout out.

Red: see Shane's shout out.

Jiggle Jammer: Good hanging out with you again even though we didn't get to play. Ps. See red's shoutout.

Sheik Slammer: See Jiggle Jammer's shout out.

Idaho: Thanks for coming to Oregon. It was nice meeting you, it just made the tournament that much funner. Also Qraq///knutz we had some good doubles matches we should play again some time soon like idk maybe the next Idaho tournament. I saw that post and I'm interested in going just need to see if anyone else from Northern Oregon wants to go.

WA: Thanks for coming to another Oregon tournament it's always good to see you guys there. You guys make the tournament funner too. Perhaps I'll get to go to a GC before brawl comes out if not I'll just have to play brawl with ya.

Climax11

Smash Ace
I know it's a bit early and I don't have many facts yet, but considering this is going to be a 2 day Melee/Brawl Event, I wanted to get hype out there early.

The last Finger Bang had over 42 participants, over 50 attendies, and an over 35 person singles bracket.. This time around I hope to hype more of Washington & Califonia into joining the mix.

Expect more facts Mid February.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Peach Masta, upload the brackets of SuFi to Tia. Thx.

Climax11

Smash Ace
Early thoughts I've had for the tournament are:

FRIDAY:
Melee Singles/$5
Melee Doubles/$5

SATURDAY:
Brawl Crews/$1 per person (singles seeding determined via crews.)
Brawl Doubles/$10 per person (also used to determine singles seeding)
Brawl Singles/$10 per person

Then, for any of the older, more mature chaps, late night drunken crews?

Oh, also I'm going to be charging a $5 dollar door charge for this, with all the funds going towards the tournament. The reason for this is that at previous finger bangs, especially the last one, alot of things were used that shouldn't have been, or maybe that I should have thought better about (i.e. my roommates toothpastes/towels/food). This being said I will be buying little thinks that no one things about but add up for a tournament where the majority of people stay the night (shampoo's, toothpastes, beverages).

The reason for me posting this all so early is to get a feel on the costs as having so many different smash related tournies does spread the money quiet thin for some people and it will be a pick your tournaments kind of event. I believe I will be doing something of the sorts where people who car pool, especially from far away, will be recieving some sort of discount, such as if eugene makes the trip, the drivers door fee will be waved. Also I might buy prizes with carry over money, or use it to buy cheap tv's and seating for future events. Anyways, thoughts?

Chip.

you know what to do
Early thoughts I've had for the tournament are:

FRIDAY:
Melee Singles/$5
Melee Doubles/$5

SATURDAY:
Brawl Crews/$1 per person (singles seeding determined via crews.)
Brawl Doubles/$10 per person (also used to determine singles seeding)
Brawl Singles/$10 per person

Then, for any of the older, more mature chaps, late night drunken crews?

Oh, also I'm going to be charging a $5 dollar door charge for this, with all the funds going towards the tournament. The reason for this is that at previous finger bangs, especially the last one, alot of things were used that shouldn't have been, or maybe that I should have thought better about (i.e. my roommates toothpastes/towels/food). This being said I will be buying little thinks that no one things about but add up for a tournament where the majority of people stay the night (shampoo's, toothpastes, beverages).

The reason for me posting this all so early is to get a feel on the costs as having so many different smash related tournies does spread the money quiet thin for some people and it will be a pick your tournaments kind of event. I believe I will be doing something of the sorts where people who car pool, especially from far away, will be recieving some sort of discount, such as if eugene makes the trip, the drivers door fee will be waved. Also I might buy prizes with carry over money, or use it to buy cheap tv's and seating for future events. Anyways, thoughts?

Wow you're a really good tournament host.

Seriously, discounts for people like Wa making the long drive out there is awesome. Gameclucks guy never does that for eastern Washington when we make it out to their tournies!

Anyway, good shiz. I'll look forward in attending the next fingerbang with my brother, Deva :).

vull45

Smash Apprentice
Hey Chip have you and Deva ever gone to Sakura-Con? Its in Seattle which i'm guessing is closer then Portland for you guys. Point is they have Smash there and Awesome prizes at least last year was

Chip.

you know what to do
Hey Chip have you and Deva ever gone to Sakura-Con? Its in Seattle which i'm guessing is closer then Portland for you guys. Point is they have Smash there and Awesome prizes at least last year was
No, but I haven't heard great things about it. I've heard something about not legit MLG rules and laggy TVs or something.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Oh, also I'm going to be charging a $5 dollar door charge for this, with all the funds going towards the tournament. The reason for this is that at previous finger bangs, especially the last one, alot of things were used that shouldn't have been, or maybe that I should have thought better about (i.e. my roommates toothpastes/towels/food).
Yeah, most people don't realize that there are expenses beyond electricity and services rendered as host with each tournament.

Nice seeing financial consideration for long-distance travelers. It will help bring in more people and bigger attendance is always good.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I agree with the $5 door charge, I noticed the problems you mentioned at the last Fingerbang. I think people might have been getting into your refridgerator and it was really trashed, I mean, that was the worst I've seen after a Smashfest in my 2+ years of competitive playing. Put the entrance fee towards Cash Prizes, OoS travel funds, and some for electricity, organizing, and cleanup expenses.
Seriously, we need to make things easier on Guy next Fingerbang if there's going to be like 40 people there.

vull45

Smash Apprentice
No, but I haven't heard great things about it. I've heard something about not legit MLG rules and laggy TVs or something.
Last year it was ran by seattlesmash and it was by MLG rules everything there was nice they had big tv's and about twelve gamecubes i think. The prize was and awsome, curved glass trophy and convention credit equivalent to getting a free xbox 360 or $350

These are the people that ran it check out this link
http://www.seattlesmash.com/

HOWEVER i cant say for certain that they will be doing it this year but i assume they are.

vull45

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to hear more about Sakura-Con sir.
Sakura-Con is a huge 3 day anime convention held anualy in seattle. And i mean it's big, the attendence is over 10,000 people. There is a cover charge for all three days. The price depends on when you register the soon the better but when your in. The video games are not limeted to smash they probably have 10 other video game tournaments at least. Some shooters, mario kart, guitar hero and such. The best way to find out about it is with a google search, personaly i dont think their home page tells you much. To get the jist of it just go to wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakura-Con

Side note: While I don't cosplay most people do so dont get freaked out

Climax11

Smash Ace
Yeah...while the anime I like I'm usally balls deep in how interested in it I am, I just don't think I could brave a three day anime convention for a smash tournie...now a 3 day Smash Convention...that'd be the tits!

Balloon

Smash Lord
I'm down with the third fingerbang.

I'm also down, if others are, for still having 10 dollar entrance for Melee singles.

Climax11

Smash Ace
I've seen all of Full Metal, probably my favorite anime of all time...well either that or TriGun. Cowboy bebop was pretty awesome too. Samuri Champoo seems cool, just never really follwed it. Anyways...

I'm thinking the weekend of April 11th - 13th. The schedul would goes as follows.

Doors open Friday April 11th @ 2pm.
Melee's Doubles Start @ 4pm
Melee's Singles Start @ 6pm

Friday night I'm thinking ordering food/smash til dawn?

Saturday we get an earlier start though
Brawl Singles-Seeding Crews Start @ 11am
Brawl Doubles Start @ 1pm
Brawl Singles Start @ 5pm

Follwed by a planned trip too a denny's type resturant. I'll need people to
A)offered rides if they can so we can plan this out well.
B)if people decide to stay the garage should be set up for smash, that will have to be the area to nap/play while everyone else is gone.

People will be allowed to stay til sunday noon, with 2 being the absolute latest I can have people over. Satruday Night will on a ask to stay basis, as drunken smash/crews will be happening and I don't just want anyone over.

The crews seeding is going to be pretty simple. Crews will be determined at random at time of sign up, and will cost $1. If you can't afford the crews cost legitimatly but are playing singles I will front you.
Basically it's a "kill tally". The more stockes you take, the higher you'll be seeded via tio's skill setting. If your crew does spectacular and you don't get a chance to play, you will automatically match the highest stock taker in you group per that round. Crews will be double elimination and I figured with the assumed lack of systems this would be a great chance for everyone to get Brawl practice, especially if they were unable to attend the previous night.

If you miss crews you'll automatically get lowest seeding (1), and the top four stock takers from crews, as well as the four participants in doubles grand finals shall be the only ones receving (10) seeding.

Anyways, for now the day is tenitive. Any idea's or thoughts at this point I'd be happy to discuss. I'm glad to see some interest already, and Balloons idea of charging $10 for melee singles is open for opinions at this point as well.

vull45

Smash Apprentice
Vash the Stampede, notorious gunman worth Sixty billion double dollars :chuckle: I go cuz my brother is an amine freak and the smash tournament is two out of the three days with lots of free play. We don't live in Seattle so i find lots of other things to do besides the convention.

Top Bottom