• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Mario Game! Which Are Yours?

What's your favorite game (s) ?

• Total voters

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Well I'm curious, I think mine is Super Mario Bros. 3, Paper Mario and Super Mario 64.

What about everyone else?

(AKA let me get a poll up..)

Tacel

Smash Lord
Super Mario 64 is beyond belief. I love it so much.
Every single level is amazing
It's definitely my favorite, but if I'd make a top 5, it would probably be:
5. Mario Kart Wii
4. Paper Mario
2. Super Mario Sunshine
1. Super Mario 64

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm glad this was multi vote, because i cant choose between mario 64 and mario rpg. i would prob choose 64 if i had to choose tho

A_man13

Smash Master
I voted Superstar saga. I was between that, 64, World, Yoshi's Island, 3, BIS, sunshine, and galaxy.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
I voted for SMRPG! It was really between that, 64, World and sunshine x__x;

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It was tough to narrow it down to less than 8.

A_man13

Smash Master
Paper Mario is in the lead at this point. Come to think of it, I meant to put those in my favorite mario game list earlier. But WHO shall win?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
-SMW
-Mario Kart 64/Super <3

Mario Kart 64 is probably the game I enjoyed the most when I was younger. I've spent endless hours playing multiplayers with friends :bee:

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
SMRPG

Such an easy RPG to pick up and its short and fun.

Though tbh I haven't played any Mario games past Sunshine :( and haven't played the 2 other Mario RPGs

Hope I can eventually.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
SMRPG

Such an easy RPG to pick up and its short and fun.

Though tbh I haven't played any Mario games past Sunshine :( and haven't played the 2 other Mario RPGs

Hope I can eventually.
I haven't either myself. I plan to as well, since I am getting money now.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Paper Mario TTYD, Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World 2.

Those are the best Mario games imo.

PMTTYD's ONLY flaw is underwhelming enemy difficulty, but is like...top tier at everything else by a huge margin (great overworld, story, battle engine, puzzle elements).

Super Mario Galaxy is a very creative 3D platformer with some of the best platformer controls you will ever find for a game of its type.

New Super Mario Bros Wii is a surprisingly challenging 2D platformer, and the added element of multiplayer option is quite innovative and fun.

Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World 2 are great examples of how Nintendo really excels at making smooth yet intricate controls and solid level design. These old classics are must plays.

D

Deleted member

Super Mario Galaxy is just an brillant game to play. There is so many good things about it, it's not even funny. If I had to pick one game I would say that was perfect, it would be this game.

Super Mario 64 is my 2nd choice mainly because it brought me into video gaming. It is still and excelent platformer to this date.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Here's a picture of some of my favorite Mario games. I'm a semi-collector and that's why I have original and Player's Choice versions of SSB and MK64. Enjoy.

BSP

Smash Legend
Super Mario RPG is my favorite so far. It was just chock full of awesome.

Matt07

Smash Master
Seeing that Mario Tennis 64 cartridge makes me miss that game :(. And I have way to many favourite Mario games too vote xD.

Arcade

Smash Ace
Sidescroller: Super Mario Bros. 3 (If you voted NSMB or NSMB Wii I weep for you)
3D: Super Mario 64
RPG: Paper Mario (Thousand Year Door is a close second, Superstar Saga is also very close)
Party/Sports: Mario Power Tennis
Kart racing: Double Dash
Other: Mario Teaches Typing (It taught me how to type, after all)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I can't vote because I would click on them all. I fan Mario games that much. )=

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
This is not an easy thing to vote on...

So I just chose the 3 I remember the most vividly as a child. Super Mario 64, Super Mario RPG, and SMW2: Yoshi's Island.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Super Mario All-Stars(yay, cheating!)

BIS and NSMB need more votes, honestly

and does SMB2 apply to both SMB2's?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
won't lie, SMB3 has to be the best. Me and my friend beat it, and it's difficulty was hardcore to us. Not to mention the mindgames the final castle played. It was so easy but you were so paranoid you died due to fear.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
It's very close between Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World. Those who aren't old school gamers above 25 y/o surely can't understand how incredible those games were at that time.

Super Mario World is way better than SMB3 but at the same time its on a more powerful system and was released later. Its basically like SMB3 2.0... and I think SMB3 was probably too difficult in some stages so I'd say SUPER MARIO WORLD is the best mario ever.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The game at the very top of my list is Super Mario 64.

Well... that really isn't a game that I would spend countless hours on these days. That's only because due to today's technological advances where we now have top notch graphics and nearly limitless gameplay, SM64 doesn't attract me as much as the glory days (aka the N64 era) when I was just 5. I mean, back then, that game meant the world to me. I remember the days when my dad used to own an office and he'd let me take my N64 to his work to jack it up in the extremely small tv he had and commence playing in Bomb-Omb Battlefield or Jolly Roger Bay. I would give all the money IN THE WORLD if I could just go back in time and spend one day doing what I most cherish. Being 5 and not caring whether or not a game is that technologically up to date enough for me to spend hours upon hours UPON HOURS on it, even though the game makes me sick to my guys (MW2).

Ah, those were the days

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Should there be another thread since Galaxy 2 is out, or does Galaxy 2 go in the category of other?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
To my knowledge, I cannot edit it, nor can you vote again ;(

...vote other?

Top Bottom