• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Favorite Legend of Zelda moments

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
WW Ending (Ganon's stab to the head, look above! :))
Majora's Mask after you play the Oath to Order up until you go into the moon.
Reuniting Anju with Kafei
When the ominous thing comes out of the well in OoT and attacks you.

Spire

III
BRoomer
This was so momentous. I was really surprised when it happened. Link stabbing Ganon through the mouth in OoT wasn't a big surprise, because the game aimed for pseudo-realism, the fight was really dark, and he was in beast form. But, with WW's E for everyone cel shaded cartoon style and Ganondorf being human, a sword IN his head spelled certain death, and I remember feeling almost bad about it, like, "what have I done, no, what has Nintendo done?"

It was shocking, but to date is the best Ganon battle and death imo.

Banks

Smash Hero
To me, the intro to ALttP would be very iconic. At the time, I had little exposure to the SNES, and this new game would blow my mind. I was in the mindset that this would be the same game that my mother got rid of for no good reason (the NES L0Z). I turned it on and witnessed the beginning. The story of how things unfolded, and the music was all so well crafted. It set the mood and the feeling, to me, and made it my favorite game of all time.
agreed ZIO, i was looking at this thread and wondering why there was no LttP love =(

my fave zelda of all time /nokanye

Krypt222

Smash Cadet
That was epic. X) lulz Id do it again too if my baby brother didnt EFF up our Wind Waker. He was like... 1 though.. >> now I feel bad...

My favorite Zelda moment is when I linked (LINKed :D) up with 3 other people for 4S. In there is my favorite moment when you are in the volcano level and you have the magnets. Do I need to go on? ^^

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
I hate myself for trading in my copy of WW every time i think of this

But I loved that game, mostly because after all the time I spent pushing myself to get the whole map done and do all of the side quests (except the Picto box one, he never liked my one picture), I became really attached, no to mention one of the more well-written Zelda storylines, combined with OoT references, it just was one of my (if not, THE) favorite games of all time.

Krypt222

Smash Cadet
lol atleast YOURS (wherever its at) works or worked whereas my baby brother EFFed up mine. ^^ I think Ill just get that super Zelda pack for the Wii or whatever it is.

You know what? Youre right! WW was the best if not second to OoT. :'( I miss it now... *cries*

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
lol atleast YOURS (wherever its at) works or worked whereas my baby brother EFFed up mine. ^^ I think Ill just get that super Zelda pack for the Wii or whatever it is.

You know what? Youre right! WW was the best if not second to OoT. :'( I miss it now... *cries*
The Gamecube Collector's edition? That only has a demo of Wind Waker on it

Skweege

Smash Cadet
In windwaker, hyrule castle basement, looking at the stained glass windows of all the sages.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
Dragon Roost Island's music. For some reason, everytime I hear it, either on Brawl or WW, my mind's completely at ease from anything I might've been thinking about prior to playing the game. It's just really calming, very soothing, and it's probably the most nostalgic thing from WW that sticks out to me the most.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
For me, it's a tie between two moments:

The first is at the end of OoT, when you're standing in the ruins of the castle, and Ganondorf explodes from the rubble and transforms into Ganon. In that moment, I allow myself to believe in the Zelda timeline nonsense, and take in the fact that I'm seeing the birth of Ganon. It's a pretty epic moment.

The other is completing the Wedding Mask sidequest in Majora's Mask. In a game that's dark amd beautiful, it's by far the most emotional moment. Anju and Kafei have forgiven each other, and even as their world ends, it doesn't matter because they're together again.

Nevermind, Anju amd Kafei are definitely #1.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Mine is definitely without a doubt....

The first time I stepped foot on Hyrule Field in Ocarina of Time.

That's when I knew it was something special....the music,the cut scene.I'll never forget it.

sir noob

Smash Rookie
My most memorable moment is when you drop tasty fish in front of Lord Jabu-Jabu's mouth. I didn't expect a whale to be a dungeon! (There is a lot of LoZ moments in here.)

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
in OoT fighting Ganon with the thunder and this hulking best standing voer you, no sword and Zelda screaming in agony for you. Damn Nintendo, that was great.

On the other hand there's in MM after you went to get every single mask then you help reunite Anju and Kafei with only 5 minutes remaining and the whole world shaking, go on to the final fight and get the Fierce Deity mask under that serene almost surreal tree. The ultimate Zelda moment if it weren't for the stupid puzzles you had to do to get that mask. Kind of ruined the pacing. So I put this at second.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Dude. Where do I even start to answer this question? I might just do a top 5...

5. Getting to the Desert Colossus for the first time. That scenery just blows me away even today. Such a fantastic little area.
4. Mikau's death. Even as a 9-year old boy, and now a 21 year old man, that scene is just utterly heartbreaking to me. He was saving his eggs, damn it! Why?
3. Zant showing up after you find the last Fused Shadow. That entire scene is just mindblowing.
2. Putting on the Fierce Deity mask for the first time. The entire Moon area, really. And going to Ikana Canyon for the first time. They're tied.
1. Tough one. Favorite moment of all time? Anything with Ganondorf in it. I mean damn, any time that man shows up, is just completely epic. The fights, the atmosphere, everything. From OoT to WW to TP, everything about Ganon screams "I'm an absolute badass villain."

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'll avoid using a MM moment since that's basically a given.

Instead I'll say the moment that you first enter the Dark World in ALttP as human Link (instead of lolbunny in the one sequence). The way the screen just dissolved, that sound effect, the anticipation, THE ELECTRICITY, BAM- you're there right on the top of the Pyramid of Power, the sky is red, the colours rich and overpowering instead of overtly dark and dead looking (great choice), the music hits, the massive orchestration, the sound of destiny, the sound of an epic (in the real sense not the internetfag sense) adventure into the vast unknown.

Welcome to what Zelda is supposed to be.

Still salty as **** at Uematsu for totally butchering this track for Brawl. Then again what would the composer of Final Fantasy music know about dat Zelda atmosphere? Tbh I don't think I liked any of the rearranged Zelda tracks on Brawl, lol. Not enough audi famam illius obv

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Teran, allow me to correct you.

Uematsu did not arrange any themes in Brawl: all he did in Brawl was the Main Theme's composition.
The song arrangements were made by the 38 composers Sakurai hired, which you can check on this Dojo post.
You can check who did each arrangement in Brawl's Sound Test feature, also available on this Dojo page.

If you want to blame someone, blame the arranger behind the Brawl version.

Then again, I don't think the Brawl arrangements were that bad as some people say. In fact, I enjoyed most of the remixes. I could even say that some remixes surpassed the original versions.

All of this is my opinion, though, and therefore subjective, so let's not start an argument over this...

To stay on topic, my favorite Zelda is Wind Waker. It was my first Zelda game, so it has more nostalgic feel than any other game. Other favorites are Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Skyward Sword. I also enjoyed Four Swords Adventures a lot, thanks to its focus on multiplayer.

I have to say that Skyward Sword is my second favorite, because of the story, that while not very deep, it was emotional. The soundtrack was very good and so was the ending.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Brawl arrangements were either really good or so bad they made me turn them off out of shame.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Brawl's soundtrack was pretty disappointing on the whole given the list of composers involved with it and the available source material, a few decent arrangements but it honestly should have been a lot better than what it was. I wound up replacing almost all of it when hacks became prevalent

On topic: back to LTTP, and music! End credits was so good, still remember the first time I beat LTTP almost 20 years ago. I wouldn't say it's necessarily the best moment but it's probably the most nostalgic to me, other than that, basically the entirety of MM

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
When Link first encounters Ganondorf in OoT, and gets hit with a ball of dark energy or something.

Realizing Link became an adult.

Also, I love how when you earn spiritual stones, they shine so intensely and surround everything with green, red, or blue (depends on which stone you obtain).

Anything in black = a spoiler.
In Link's Awakening, I really like any moment involving the Ballad of the Windfish. Also the end credits, fighting Nightmare, learning that Koholint Island will disappear after defeating Nightmare, climbing the final staircase, being killed by the shopkeeper, and Marin as a seagull in the perfect ending.

Yeah, I went farther with that than I thought I would have, but Link's Awakening is just way too amazing.

In Majora's Mask, the scene with the Gibdo father was incredible.

That's all I can think of for now.

Insom

Smash Apprentice
My favorite moment was stabbing Ganon right through is ****ing face at the end of Oot. I jizzed in my pre-pubescent pants.
Some other favorite moments are:
Navi saying "There's no way he's going to hold me back again! This time, we fight together!" For a moment I forgot that she'd been an annoying ***** for the whole game.
The Milk Bar in Majora's Mask. I sometimes turn on the game just to go there and stand around listening to the music.
Using the secret techniques to style on all the enemies in Twilight Princess.
Completing the Bombers Notebook. It makes you do the Anju+Kafei quest (the longest sidequest in the game) three goddamn times.
All of Oot, especially the things I mentioned already.

G-Dub

Smash Journeyman
When you spend weeks and weeks in the water temple for the first time, melting your brain then finally finding the spot in the wall that is a shade lighter then the other part of the wall that will blow up....
Theeeeen getting to the lame boss that was easier than the deku tree spider.... Lol

SuperNova!

Smash Apprentice
> When Link is waving good-bye to his grandma in Wind Waker

> When Midna puts the Ordon Shield on her face in the beginning of Twilight Princess

> When Ganondorf says "The wind... it is blowing..." in the end of Wind Waker

> Gonzo... nuf said :laugh:

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
The Wind Waker:
  • Link getting catapulted into the Forsaken Fortress
  • The final battle
  • MEOW! - and the entire dialogue tree when you finally catch her.
Twilight Princess
  • Being able to pick up and hug puppies.
  • The battle with Argorok
Phantom Hourglass
  • Linebeck getting washed across the deck at the end of the final battle.
  • Every other part with Linebeck.
Spirit Tracks
  • Link and Zelda's incessant flirting, even at the cost of letting Byrne escape.
Skyward Sword
  • Final battle with Demise and the lightning strikes.

boss_man_sippy

Smash Rookie
Dragon Roost Island's music. For some reason, everytime I hear it, either on Brawl or WW, my mind's completely at ease from anything I might've been thinking about prior to playing the game. It's just really calming, very soothing, and it's probably the most nostalgic thing from WW that sticks out to me the most.
I was literally going to say the exact same thing! That is probably my favorite song from any game in the Zelda franchise. That, and when you first set off into Hyrule Field in OoT and the Hyrule Field music starts playing. Instant nostalgia.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask: Everything. Literally.

Skyward Sword:

-When Zelda said she'll wait for Link in the crystal thing. That entire scene had me in tears. Heck, I'm crying now thinking about it.

-Pulling out the sword for the first time. Players weren't merely controlling Link. They BECAME Link.

-Ghirahim.

Twilight Princess: -Henna! She was so snarky and fishing was fun; she was one of my favorite characters in the game. She's just good company. And she had a side hustle with that ridiculously difficult minigame. Not many NPCs have that much depth lol.

-Beating the Cave of Ordeals. It was simply satisfying using all of Link's gear against countless hordes of enemies for the first time way before Hyrule Warriors was conceived.

-Sky Temple everything. The double clawshot was so awesome and I always like levels like it and Stone Tower Temple from MM. There's something oddly enchanting about being very high up in the air in Zelda games that I absolutely adore.

-Zant using Ganondorf as a puppet the whole time? Twist ending was good, and the cliffhanger left me wanting more.

-When that Yeti chick turned evil. Creepy and kinda sad. Then you beat her and it gets heartwarming lol.

-Helping Ilia get her memory back.

Link to the Past: -Bunny Link. <3 Game was spectacular in general, but that was so WTF and memorable.

Spirit Tracks: -The first and second bosses. Unique fights. Cool songs. Strangely memorable to me.

Wind Waker: -Dragon Roost Island. I would sail there for no reason aside from listening to the music.

Last edited:

Drowzee64

Smash Cadet
NNID
drowzee64
3DS FC
2895-6543-6932
From Majora's Mask alone:
  1. Anju and Kafei
  2. Playing with the Zora Mask on and talking to people who don't know Mikau is dead yet.
  3. The moon dropping.
  4. The Deku Scrub mourning what is heavily implied to be his son at the end.
  5. A bunch of stuff, really.
Twilight Princess:
  1. Midna's almost-death.
  2. Midna's departure at the end.
  3. Finding the village children again.
  4. That one freaky cutscene with white-eyed Ilia and Dark Link. You know the one.
  5. Fishing! This was solidly my favorite fishing minigame in the whole series, I loved the changing seasons in the fishing hole. Also that stupid little ball tilting minigame was the death of me.
Wind Waker:

1. Healing Grandma.
  2. Prince Komali holding the wilting flower and worrying about Medli.
  3. Getting tossed into Ganon's fortress by Tetra.
  4. Finally getting all of those stupid orbs in their pedestals and getting thrown... again, into the Tower of the Gods.
  5. The king drowning himself to take down Ganon in the ending. Also, that final battle in general.
That one guy turning out to be some sort of whale god in Phantom Hourglass. Everything with Linebeck in that same game.

Oh, and Spirit Tracks Zelda's freakout upon learning that some creepy old dude has her body. That was one of the most hilarious moments in the whole series.

Last edited:

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
In Skyward Sword, when you place the gem in the bird statue's eye and it fires a cannon at the bottom of the island with the Statue of the Goddess, and just clunks and falls. That was hilarious.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The day I found the Glitch World in Link's Awakening DX.
It was like exploring a brand new world.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
I know Skyward Sword is hated by many, many people but when the ending scenes came all the feels were hit.

Also when Zelda says "I used to wake you up whenever you slept in. But this time, will you wake me up when this is over?"

Last edited:

Dr. Krumm

Smash Apprentice
The Ganondorf fight in Wind Waker when the choir starts singing in the background, I was watching my brother play the final boss. I got the chills at that music. So memorable.

Top Bottom