• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fancy Titles Are Overrated - The Zelda Replay Recording Centre

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Hello and welcome to the Zelda replay recording center!

So, what is this place?

This is a thread where everyone can come to get their replays recorded and published online. That's right, everyone. You don't need a capture card, you don't need an youtube account, you don't need technical knowledge. All you need to do is to send me your replays, I can take care of everything else.

How does this thread work?

This thread is made of two parts: the introduction and the recordings list. The first one is what you're reading right now, and it holds all the advice, rules and explanations you'll need. Read this carefully when you're using this thread for the first time, as it tells you everything you need to know.

The recordings list is located in the second post of this thread. It's basically a log of this thread, telling what has happened in the past, what the situation is right now and what's going to happen in the future. It has three subcategories, explained below:

Recent recordings
I'll keep record of the past few recording here. It'll tell you who are the latest users to receive their replays and how many replays I recorded for them. If your name appears here but you have not receaved any kind of notification from me, it's likely there has been some kind of mixup. If this happens, message me and I'll get everything sorted out ASAP.

Currently working on
The list of users, whose replays I'm currently working on. Every users name will be followed by a number of replays they've sent be and a date by which I'm aiming to have all their stuff recorded. Keep in mind that these dates are not to be taken as a promise: if things get busy or I run into some trouble, you might have to wait longer than said here.

Next in line
The list of users waiting for their turn to get their replays recorded next. The first person of this list will be the next to get their replays recorded, the second will follow after that and so on. If there's a text "No more requests!" in this list, I won't be taking any more recording requests for a while.

The rules:

Post into this thread when you want something recorded. This makes it much easier for me to follow the situation and to keep this place up to date.

When sending me replays, include your username into the message.
If I don't see your username anywhere I'll ignore your replays.

Tell me how you want to receive your replays. You have two options: 'll either upload them into my youtube account and send you the link, or I'll send the video files directly to you. If you choose the former, tell me the names of your opponents, the name you use yourself and what match the one in question is. (friendly/tourney, offline/wifi etc.) When choosing the latter you'll get a download link for your videos. They size of the download can get all the way up to 200 MB, so be prepared. Also, unless you tell me otherwise, the video format will be mp4 and the video will have 4:3 aspect ratio. An example can be found here.

Regular brawl only.
I don't hack my Wii, so I won't be able to record any replays you've saved while using some codes that alter the gameplay and I can't offer any custom textures. However, I'm still willing try recording videos taken with the infinite replay code on, just keep in mind that the video might desynch at some point. If this happens I'll notify you and ask if you still want the videos recorded or not.

The priority is on Zelda videos, tournament matches and offline videos.
I'm willing to record any kind of replays (at least for now) but keep in mind that this is the Zelda boards. If someone has a replay of his Zelda, it'll always get recorded before the replays without Zelda in them. Also, tournament matches/MMs will get recorded before casual ones and offline matches before online. I can also record other stuff like AT showcase videos, and they'll be placed somewhere on the queue based on the current situation.

There's no limit to how many replays you can send me.
However, if you'll be sending me a huge number of videos I might have to separate them into two or more recording sessions. If this happens Imight not record all your replays at the same time or might record someone else's videos before fully finishing yours.

Be patient. I'll try my best to record stuff as it comes in, but this might not always be possible. Sometimes I might be too busy to handle video recording, or my equipment might break, plus I also have a real life. All these reasons can force me to take a break from recording or to close this thread at any given time. Please keep this in mind.

Well then, how do I send my replays to you?

This can be done via many different ways, but I prefer getting the replays to my Email. To do this, just follow the steps below. In case you have some trouble or would like to use a different method just tell me and we'll figure something out.
  1. Find out the day the replay was recorded and what's its number (was it the first, second or maybe fifth replay recorded that day)
  2. Connect your SD card to your computer so that you can get access to the files in a folders (SD card reader or digital camera would work for example)
  3. Open up the following folder: private => wii => app => RSBE (RSBP for Europeans) => rp
  4. Locate the right .BIN file by it's name. The names are in this format: rp_year/month/day_definition number. All files with same numbers between the two underscores were recorded the same day, the highest in the folder being the first from that day and the the lowest being the last. So if you have a replay recorded 22.10.2008 its name could be something like rp_081022_1547
  5. Copy that file and send it to me through email (adress: halfsplitsoul@aol.fi). Feel free to send more than one file if you want.
  6. *optional* If you have multiple files and can pack them into one .zip or .rar file, I'd be very happy.

That's it!

If you have any questions or need help with anything just ask and I'll do my best to help. I'll be waiting for your replays!

[collapse="Other stuff"]

• Yes, I did promise this thread to appear much earlier, but then something else turned up. Also, making this took much longer time than I'd though beforehand.
  • If you notice anything wrong or something said in a way it's impossible to understand tell me and I'll change that.
  • Yes, I know I suck at making well organized and easy-to-read threads. Feel free to give me suggestions about the layout to make this place look better and nicer to the eyes.
  • Yes, I know I write too long.
  • Yes, there probably are some typos. Point them out and I'll fix them.
  • Yes, the title is temporary. I'll make up something more creative later.
  • Don't hesitate to post critisisms, suggestions or questions. I'm open for anything.
  • Help is always appreciated. If you want to offer yours just message me.
  • Please please please be active with your replays and advertise this place... I don't want to see I made this thread for nothing.
[/collapse]

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
The recordings list

Recent recordings

DTP --- 7 replays --- 8. March
DTP --- 2 replays --- 16. March
Aibou --- 4 replays --- 5. April
Diabolique --- 3 replays* --- 5. April

* indicates clips recorded for the Zelda community combo video

Currently working on

Nothing.

Next in line

Nothing right now.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Nicely done!

HOWEVER... centRE, not centER. We ain't no americans HSS =p

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Capitalize the words in the title!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

good thread, I have some replays ^_^

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Bump?

Do us Zelda's really have no vids? lol
It'd be good to get more Zelda vids out there imo.
I think I'll submit some of my own for the lulz. I haven't legitimately used Zelda in ages though so it'll be old vids xD

Do I send you the vids by giving you my Wii Number and adding yours?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Actually I think this could be a GREAT thread to send in replays and the such for a combo video

Bandit

Smash Lord
Nicely done!

HOWEVER... centRE, not centER. We ain't no americans HSS =p
Capitalize the words in the title!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Actually I think this could be a GREAT thread to send in replays and the such for a combo video
To all of the above... I say:

Agreed (even on the RE over ER, we are a classy lady who goes to the Centre)

We're just getting started planning the combo video but this thread could be a great place for people to send in specific clips for the video and full matches for themselves & YouTube.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I'm going to recommend this to Peachkid and tell him to send you any saves he has with me in it... He has a lot but can't get them up so this should be useful!

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Yes, please send me videos. This place has been too dead.

Do I send you the vids by giving you my Wii Number and adding yours?
It takes a long time for Wii consoles to register each other, so sending them through Email or giving me a download link would be better. If you can't do either of those though we can exchange both Wii and Brawl friend codes.

Yup, I'll give a link for this place in the combo video thread... once I get around making one.

To all of the above... I say:

Agreed (even on the RE over ER, we are a classy lady who goes to the Centre)
Okay, fine then, if you all insist...

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
It takes a long time for Wii consoles to register each other, so sending them through Email or giving me a download link would be better. If you can't do either of those though we can exchange both Wii and Brawl friend codes.
I'm not quite sure how to do all of that lol
But I'll try.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
LOL at the thread title - reminds me of a certain someone!

@DTP: do you have an SD card reader at all?

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I'm not quite sure how to do all of that lol
But I'll try.
I don't think I can explain it any better than I already have in the OP either... Well, if you have trouble making it work just tell me and I'll give you my codes.

LOL at the thread title - reminds me of a certain someone!
I choose to have no idea what you're talking about.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
@DTP: do you have an SD card reader at all?
I have one lol
I randomly bought one because I had a feeling I'd need it at one point
And yes, that's a reason why I buy some things lmao

I'm just really stupid with computer stuff and I give up easy xD
I'll still try though, it can't be that hard.

I have all day to figure this out :D

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
So, I put on that code that doesn't let you exit the results screen until you save the match.....

Which means I have a **** LOAD of matches to sort through. I'll try to put up some good ones for recording, but there's literally hundreds of replays. x.x Even No Contests had to get saved..... what a dumb code.....

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Finished up recording and uploading DTP's matches.

Also, from next week forwards I'll be quite busy so all recording requests received then may be taken care of at slower pace than usually. Sorry.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Thanks buddy :)

Like I said in my email, I still have a couple more replays to send to you that were actually recent and offline. Once I get them from my friend, which I might do today, then I'll send them to you :D

Diabolique

Smash Cadet
I'm going to e-mail you the three replays with the footage that will hopefully be in the Community video, Since I'm not that good at recording. Expect an e-mail

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
My apologies half-split, I don't have access to my wii atm but will send them to asap when I get the chance.

Aibou

Smash Master
So...I have some Zelda vids. It's wifi so it's kinda meh, but still...

I'll send them over very shortly once I put them on my SD card...

EDIT: Sent ^_^

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
EDIT: Sent ^_^
Thanks, I got those. I'll try to record them soon. Do you want me to upload them to youtube or to send the video files to you?

so can I like them them to someone and get them to email you i don't have a SD card.
It doesn't matter how you get the replays to me, as long as I know who they're from and what I'm supposed to do with them.

Aibou

Smash Master
You can send them to me, Half-Split. My Youtube needs more vids XD.

Thanks, no rush with them ^_^

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Can I send them to your Wii HSS ?
That's probably going to be a little problematic. I'll never be playing brawl at the same time than you, so it'll take forever for our Wiis to register each other (if they do at all...) Also, my Wii isn't even plugged in most of the time, so I don't know if anything can be send to it.

Feel free to try if you want to though. I already have your numbers registered anyway.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
That's probably going to be a little problematic. I'll never be playing brawl at the same time than you, so it'll take forever for our Wiis to register each other (if they do at all...) Also, my Wii isn't even plugged in most of the time, so I don't know if anything can be send to it.

Feel free to try if you want to though. I already have your numbers registered anyway.
IDK if I still have you added i'll try we just need to set up a time when we'll both be online so that way it will work just LMK and stuff I guess or something ya know.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I'm sorry I haven't been able to keep up with the requests lately. I'll make sure to record everything during the Easter times.

That's also when we'll have to meet online AL, so just send me a PM with the times that best suit you and we'll set up the time.

Aibou

Smash Master
Thanks Half-Split for recording my replays. I posted them in the Video Thread if you want to see them. ^_^

Thanks again...

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
You still doing this, HSS? If not, I'll send my replays to ENNH instead.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Yep, I'm still doing this. It might take me few days to get the replays recorded and the videos online, though.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I want the avi file so I can put it on my YouTube channel, if that's all right. A few days is fine, tho! No rush.

If I send you my music/stage/texture files, can you record with those on? Since ENNH does (I'm sending him some Pika replays), I might as well upload everything at once if you can do it too.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Sorry, I can't. I still haven't modded my wii, so I can only record with regular textures, music and whatnot. Replays lasting over three minutes are fine though.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
.........How can you record matches over three minutes without a modded Wii? It doesn't desync? o.o

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Apparently, it doesn't. I thought for sure that it would, but so far I haven't experienced any desyncing in any of the replays I've recorded, some of them lasting up to 6-7 minutes long.

Top Bottom