• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Family Fun Arcade (Granada Hills, CA) Brawl Tourney: Sunday, April 20th (No Items)

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
Put me down for a wii+brawl. I can bring a cube and Melee v1.03 too, if you want it.

also, theres 1 seat left in my car if you live in camarillo, in or south of moorpark, or along the 101 east of westlake village. i already counted you festizzio.

jocund50

Smash Apprentice
First come First serve people (for the Wii's and Gamecube), If you're not here then we have to take someone else's so just come on time with your Wii's :D. To notify us that you brought in a system, just come up front when you're about to sign-up.

jocund50

Smash Apprentice
Question: If I bring a cube + Melee, do I get into the Melee singles tournament for free?
Sorry about that didn't read the first post at top. To answer your question yes, you need both the cube and the melee game to get a free entry for Melee.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
dang...i hate complaining like this after they've done so much for us, but does anyone else really hate doing brawl THEN melee? i wish we could do melee first :'(

festizzio

Smash Champion
I'm not entering Brawl so it doesn't matter to me if it's first or last. :)

Glenn how bad is the DDR pad? Like, unplayable and you fail every song? Or is it just not as responsive as a new one. Cause I wanna play me some DDR.

festizzio

Smash Champion
Festizzio: I'll play DDR with you. Last time I went there they were decent but not perfect.
Coolio. :) My main DDR pad is a 3 year old red octane ignition, it's bending up at the corners and the sensors don't respond as well as they used to, so decent is pretty good by my standards. :)

jocund50

Smash Apprentice
This just in, I have everything confirmed:

We need at least 6 wii's and/or 6 gamecubes of course with the brawl game and melee game(Remember first come first serve). Brawl will go first at 2:00 p.m. and Melee will start at 6:00 p.m. Sign-ups are going to be separate. If anyone has anymore questions, you guys could talk to me or come sunday and speak with Arlieth before the tournament starts about entry fee because I don't deal with money, I just guard it :dizzy:.

jocund50

Smash Apprentice
What time is the place open for friendlies?
FFA opens at 10:00 a.m. but I dont think it will all be set-up until around 1ish, I'm not going to start the tournament exactly at 2:00pm so you all will have plenty of time to do some friendlies.

The Game II

Smash Champion
Coolio. :) My main DDR pad is a 3 year old red octane ignition, it's bending up at the corners and the sensors don't respond as well as they used to, so decent is pretty good by my standards. :)
There have times when I played at F.F.A., and I get more misses than greats. It's not as bad as some of the arcades in my hometown (imagine 0 greats, 12 misses), but it could be better.

--GCII

Atlus8

Smash Master
F**K YEAH IT DOES!!!!! There is an arcade place right where I live and they removed it! This was years ago, but I remember like it was yesterday . . . one day it was there and the next day . . . it wasn't . . . Actually, it was replaced by Virtual On 2, but . . . the joysticks were f***ing broken on both sides!!!!! The triggers didn't work and on one side, an entire joystick was missing!! The only other place,I know of, that has Virtual On is Sherman Oaks.

wtZzz

Smash Apprentice
alright i backed out of that aznforce tourny, so ill be here 100% **** it.

in the meantime, TONIGHT, (saturday), i heard there is an 818 brawlfest

hit me up on AIM so i can chase you around the stage

Zzzfilesk1

festizzio

Smash Champion
Oh my God Virtual On is amazing!! A pizza place near my house has it. :) And Chuy's has it too. That would be sick if this place had it. And bust-a-move. Every arcade must have bust-a-move/metal slug otherwise it's not an arcade at all. :O

Lucky that's a cool song but I prefer the original. :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EgATlhZFAfs

The Game II

Smash Champion
Oh my God Virtual On is amazing!! A pizza place near my house has it. :) And Chuy's has it too. That would be sick if this place had it. And bust-a-move. Every arcade must have bust-a-move/metal slug otherwise it's not an arcade at all. :O
FFA does have bust a move, last time I was there.

--GCII

Top Bottom