• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcons Nair

Player-3

Smash Hero
Falcons Nair is a very good move and noone uses it like evar
>:

- Ledge Hopped
very good. i rarely see anyone use this to recover onto the stage from the ledge, but it cannot be shieldgrabbed inbetween hits, and if they are far away, you can always just di back and regrab the ledge. if they are closer however, you can fast fall into a jab, and then run past them and pivot grab/react according to what they do

- ShffLd Nairs
use these seriously
i see some people use them, but with all this first hit nair nonsense going on people forget about this piece of sexy awesome. It has very little landing lag, so use it to approach shield whores, and if you cant manage to pull a crossover to reverse jab on their shield, then can you just jab anyways, or if you wanna get fancy, UP B

- Full Hopped Nairs
yeah, you heard me
full hopped
you can full hop a nair to a uair before you land, this creates a pretty decent aerial wall since nair hits infront of you till it ends since its hitbox lasts very long and the cooldown is very little in the air

- *** nairs
falcon can rub it in other peoples faces
literraly
just saying, not really useful but its funny

- Nairing Offstage
Since MOST up bs dont have CRAZY SEXY TRANSCENDENTAL **** PRIORITY (mk) you can usually intercept and resend without having to time your attack to the extreme you usually do

- Nair Kills
yes. Nair can kil at around 150%, so if your uair is stale and you cant land a smash do the dthrow > nair string since most people dont think of it as a kill move, they will be trying to avoid a kill move (hyphen smash... bair.. knee..nipple dair..) and di AWAY and airdodge (or counter attack, in which case wait till theres lag and nair them) , and since nair ***** airdodges...... +1 rep nair

oh yeah
first hit nair is good too

also
:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You know I love you, P-3, but that doesn't mean you should make a thread about one move.

Bonus points for it not being about the knee or FP. <3

Don't do it again unless it contains useful information and has my name in it.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Reopened, let's see what you've got.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Reverse infraction?

First hit has set knockback. It can lead to (what seems to me), a guarenteed dsmash. Perhaps a utilt (which would be great for a KO), maybe a buffered IDA, I know SH Knee works on a lot of the cast.

Has anyone delved into all the guarenteed combos from FHNair? Or have I not been lurking hard enough?

On the second kick, at certain %'s it leads to itself or uair rather easily. Which is great for juggles. However, beyond that it knocks back to far. But not far enough to kill. Meaning it's a real low%/mid% move. Due to it's rather decent reach, if you want to try and keep uair a bit fresh - this is also a good move to use after a low hit uair at mid%'s.

Also, (correct me if I'm wrong), but it's Falcon's longest reaching (horizontally) air move, meaning it is one of his better defenses/approaches if you are airborne.

PJGLZ

Smash Journeyman
InDEED!
Ledgehopped nair>jab combo is likely to be falcon's best recovery from the ledge past 100%.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Already done. Keep this discussion SRERIOUS, guys.

Player-3

Smash Hero
yes susa

and yeah knee has a whole first hit nair thread

and it can kill pretty well on BF cuz of the sides, ive killed mario and similars there at the middle of the stage, mainly due to them not expecting to die from it

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
Nair is usually underrated and that could work as an advantage. It can deal damage, and it can kill at higher percentages. I found it to work well against other heavy characters :ganondorf: :laugh:

Its a good attack but its severe lack of priority makes it not a good aerial unlike Uair. However, it is not to be ignored :)

Player-3

Smash Hero
priority means jack **** for nair you dont need it its fast, long ranged, and you can just fast fall if you see a counter attack coming imo

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Nair is an ok move. Wouldnt call it good, though.

Falcon good =/= good.

Its a little underused, yes, but its a little overrated at the same time.
Dangerous combination.

And I already made a thread like this (?), If I recall correctly.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
--> Up-b
--> up-tilt
--> jab
--> grab
--> f-tilt
--> u-air

are its follow ups.

FH N-air however is usually found to be predictable.
One who uses it with great mixup/unpredictability would do tons of damage. I like to make use of FHN-air followups when able to.

Now then, Personally I don't use n-air unless
I'm 100% sure it will hit
To pressure
camp with attacks

Edit: >_> ok do we really need to be basically told "falcon sucks stop thinking he has anything good ffs ffffffffff" everyday on these boards?
>_>?

.Marik

is a social misfit
Nair is a really useful move for approaching, juggling, and setting up combos.

Nair> Nair> Uair> Knee.

Or something.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Maybe. :(

It still works moderately well though, lol.

You just have to time and space everything correctly.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
--> Up-b
--> up-tilt
--> jab
--> grab
--> f-tilt
--> u-air

are its follow ups.

FH N-air however is usually found to be predictable.
One who uses it with great mixup/unpredictability would do tons of damage. I like to make use of FHN-air followups when able to.

Now then, Personally I don't use n-air unless
I'm 100% sure it will hit
To pressure
camp with attacks

Edit: >_> ok do we really need to be basically told "falcon sucks stop thinking he has anything good ffs ffffffffff" everyday on these boards?
>_>?

Yes we do.
If people like you keep saying uninformed things like:

Nair is a really useful move for approaching, juggling, and setting up combos.

Nair> Nair> Uair> Knee.

Or something.
And the the post I quoted from you, Acedude, wasnt really well informed, either.

I'm not just here to tell you your post was uninformed, offcourse, but as long as posts like marikYoshi's are posted, this board cannot give a view of falcons current metageme. (which is what this board is all about.)

I still luv ya MarikYoshi. Don't take it personally.
You too Acedude, nothing personal, offcourse.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
actually, a fastfalled Uair reaches farther than a nair, but only by a little. Its so small that human spacing wouldn't allow you to tell the difference anyway, so it doesn't really matter. I know these things because I sit in the practice room all day with my best friend sandbag:(

noradseven

Smash Lord
Don't forget n-air extends falcons hitbox for a longer period of time.

Nair Cancel becomes useless when you face people who knows the match up, but Nair still a good Aproach
This so much... n-air cancel is telegraphed good but telegraphed, it can still be used as a same height/oppenent slightly lower AA move.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
i actually use nair to build damage very often the problem is that i ain't that great at SH's yet. i do use it to return from the ledge as well as the knee and uair. i'd be one happy falcon user if i can short hop more consistently.

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
Already done. Keep this discussion SRERIOUS, guys.
****, and there was me about to say instead of ledge hopping N-air you should just knee that son of a-

Erm, N-Air is actually one of my favorite moves with Falcon.

I'm also into the back-air but that's not really what this thread is about.

I agree with you, I don't see many Falcons using it.

LEZ SPAM IT!

Mit

Smash Ace
I've begun using a lot of fastfalled second-hit nairs. Sounds weird, I just use it in a small strategy.

Jumping in place. Get relatively close to someone, throw out jabbers or what have you, and when they try and attack, jump straight up.

They might back off a bit, expecting you to approach toward them. However, just fastfall right back down. Do stuff like an uair, or, I prefer nair more. Mostly because people see the first hit whiff, see the second hit whiff, and for whatever reason think they can run in and hit you when you land. That's when the nair cancels and you throw out a jab.

If it doesn't happen, keep jumping straight up like an idiot, fastfalling back to the ground. And if things get dangerous, you can double jump away. You just keep jumping in place dodging attacks and confusing the hell out of them until you finally get your jabber in.

Anyhow, the second hit fastfalled nair does hit sometimes, and sends 'em out at a pretty low angle, allowing you to dash in and likely get a followup move. I also boldly use it into shields of characters sometimes who don't have many fast OoS options. Mainly because when you hit their shield with the second hit nair and land they think they'll be able to hit you, but 9 times out of 10 you can get a jab in as soon as they lower their shield. A lot of characters you can even jab before they try and shield grab you. Friend of mine plays Ness a lot and this happens to him often. Raptor dash into shield > jab also works on Ness if he tries to shield grab you. (of course, don't do any of this if you're at 120%+ damage...)

Anyhow, that's my underrated nair technique I think more people should utilize. That and first-hit nair are almost like two different moves entirely. Ledgehopped nair is an interesting idea, I'll have to check that out.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
SHFF Nair is too good, especially on tall characters.

But I'm beginning to think that the knee is better as a ledge recovery move.
Though I still need some more testing to be sure what I'm saying isn't complete bullcrap.

Mit

Smash Ace
SHFF Nair is too good, especially on tall characters.

But I'm beginning to think that the knee is better as a ledge recovery move.
Though I still need some more testing to be sure what I'm saying isn't complete bullcrap.
Are you talking like, sweetspot fair? Because that should only be used as a guaranteed punish at the ledge. I could see flub knee being halfway useful, but it probably doesn't autocancel when you do it up from the ledge, and then even if you landed the flub, you'd be stuck in the ending lag which would prevent you from following up on it.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Are you talking like, sweetspot fair? Because that should only be used as a guaranteed punish at the ledge. I could see flub knee being halfway useful, but it probably doesn't autocancel when you do it up from the ledge, and then even if you landed the flub, you'd be stuck in the ending lag which would prevent you from following up on it.
Yes it auto cancels, I'm finishing typing a new thread about it.

Top Bottom