• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon's Guaranteed Gimp Combos

TheMike

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_en6Gp_wckE

This is 100% guaranteed when done right. The only requirement is hitting the opponent with the flubbed knee close to the edge. This video only contains Falco being gimped, but there are other characters in which this combo has great effect, such as Snake, Fox, Olimar, Ike, Link, Mario and others that I need to check. More testing coming soon. This is ****ing promising.

Official Brazilian Thread: http://s8.zetaboards.com/1UP_Smash_Board/topic/8104539/1/#new

Mit

Smash Ace
That's worth testing for the second hit out of the flub knee, but gimp?

Why didn't the Falco just double jump? Last I checked, flub knee doesn't make you lose your second jump. Either that Falco wasn't even trying to double jump, or he kept double jumping right before* Falcon hit him a second time, which would be his own fault for not waiting and jumping afterward.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I do not see this working against Snake. Sorry.

C4 Recovery is 2 good.

But it will put us in a bad position (good for you to spike us)

Also what Mit said.. I didn't really see any second jumps. If the opponent keeps his second jump he may be able to recover.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Falcon can edgeguard Snake too easy because he will be in the right position for drop-out, then Dair(example) in the cypher

and u can also Spike Snake during the C4 Hitstun

SDI doesn´t work, for SURE
if u scape, falcon has other chances to punish u and also probably stage spike

SDI oly works if u start that combo with the sweetspotted knee

I am studying set ups for the flub knee at that position
i think Fast Fall Nair(fisrt hit) works
and i am not sure about Jab(First 2 hits)>flub knee

Acedude55

Smash Ace
:L ....

Nifty to know about, buuuuuuut...

It's a highly situational thing, don't see it being useful at a high level of competitive play, but if you're lucky, sure you can pull that off.

Also, JabJab -> Flub knee would only work properly if the opponent messes up.
Or you can consider that a mindgame at hand. First thing a guy would expect after 2 Jabs is a grab. Sooo....yeah. Not assuming anything here.

N-air -> Flub knee really shouldn't work lol, I'll say the same for this as I did for 2Jabs -> Flub knee. Only if the opponent messes up/mindgamed/blahblahblah.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I did something like this to a Link, but I landed on the stage after flubbed knee and his boomerang pulled me off for the sweet knee. Anyways, please don't say they're guaranteed when they're not guaranteed.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Not even flub knee>uair is guaranteed, which is probably the best thing to do offstage anyway. Knee to any other attack is easily avoided with a fast aerial/airdodge/jump. I like the knee to footstool idea though.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Go back to your precious random boa-

Oh right, you don't even have a board ;)

:034:
He belongs here more than you on 'your ike board'.

And the other ike boarder and you make it seem that you dont know what you are talking about, so you can expect comments like redblue's or this one.

go away, and stay away.

:falcon: - YES!

Top Bottom