• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon Punch more useful than you think

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I think the Falcon Punch its a lot easier to hit with than in melee (without counting the G-Regulate Falcon Punch), I have been using it more and more in my macthes, and I manage to use it as a finisher is many of them, I also use it to build damage when I have the chance. If you are able to predict an opponent's move animation to use the falcon punch at the right time you will be using it a lot.

I have some vidoes showing that, though I havent still upload then yet, I will do it soon.
who else agree that the falcon punch its more useful than most people think?

Amide

Smash Lord
It's hard to pull off sometimes, but this attack really deserves credit.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
iono, if combos r already hard to link then i really don't know why is a move like falcon punch is easier to land.
i would like to c ur vids tho

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
There's no chance in hell the punch will land in non-wifi matches against competent players. Unless they REALLY **** up.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
I use Falcon Punch probably once a match or less unless I'm down a stock and desperate. Then I try and throw in a few more and hope for good luck. lol

It's not a reliable move.

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol one way to screw someone up is to do reverse Falcon Punch (do it to fail), as if you're trying to hit them via 360 punch. Then do a B-reversed Falcon Punch.

Reverse is sooo much slower ._.; such a mindgame when you come up with the faster Falcon Punch to predict a roll behind you.

the great jonzales

Smash Cadet
hmm, maybe, i K.O.'d a pit at 37% in a match i jumped over him and reversed whilst he was in his Fsmash animation. maybe u cud get some carelessness at lower percents in less expirienced players, but for pro's i don't think it'll work. they'll prob see it, get past u and punsih u hard, they play carefully at all percents.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
The only way Falcon Punch will work is if you do some crazy **** like goodoldganon did in that video. Otherwise it's not useful. At all.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
it's easy to hit marth with it b/c of his dancing blades, what i do when it starts up is roll and wait a split second, (if they continue until the fourth hit)then falcon punch, it's so funny because marth can't stop his dancing blades, he actually run's into it, but works maybe once a match

Gray

Smash Journeyman
Unplugging their controller -> Punch is an excellent combo. So is shield break -> Punch.

surrepGuy

Smash Cadet
So does that little trick goodoldganon has work with the falcon punch or only the warlock punch?

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
an easy way to land the falcon punch is by running toward the legde juming off the ledge and mid-jump do a falcon punch and reverse it (when you do a reverse falcon punch in the air you cand kind of control the direction in which you fall) and by the time you punch you will be level with the stage. this tech only works a couple of times because sooner or later your opponent will catch on.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The Falcon Punch is like only useful if your opponent completely screws up with something really laggy.

Let's say your opponent has like a really really slow rolling dodge...maybe like you use this like half a second in advance and he rolls into where your Falcon Punch will go. Yeah, that's how situational the Falcon Punch is.

Well, I guess it's a legitimately good kill move if Snake has to recover from below stage, but that's about it really.

And guess what, Ganondorf actually has an easier time landing his Warlock Punch than Captain Falcon can land his Falcon Punch. Why? He can combo into it.

Not joking. Shieldbreaking at the end ftw. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqRd9lYBwmw

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
...I've won matches by spamming the Falcon Punch over and over again. Hell, even if you don't win, it's fun as hell. Especially in FFAs, but sometimes in 1vs1 too! It helps if you also spam taunts and use a completely random color that nobody else in his right mind would choose in a normal fight. (like Pink or Green)

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Meh, falcon paunch has a sorta disjointed hitboxyness to it. I've had it clash with snakes mortar, and snake somehow gets hit by a "phantom" punch. Kinda funny.

Tenki

Smash Hero
._.; yeah, so I'm thinking SH forward Falcon Punch or SH "b-reversed" (tap backwards then punch) Falcon Punch is good, especially vs people on edges, since they seem to like rolling toward you when they hear "FALCON..!"

180 punches are too slow.

Comments?

Tenki

Smash Hero
I don't know, maybe it's just me, but it seems pretty underrated- if you don't reverse it, it doesn't feel so slow/sluggish...

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Falcon Punch is useful on characters like Fox, Falco, and Wolf when they use Side-B to recover, you can predict the general area in which they will land making it easy to land a Falcon Punch. This also works on Pikachu and Luigi with their Side-B too. I once got away with a reverse Falcon Punch because a Mario caped me and I was reversing away from him. eh...... It also works on Ganon if they happen to charge Warlock Punch, if you have good reflexes, your Falcon punch will come out sooner than their Warlock.

Tenki

Smash Hero
IMO this move could see alot more use, since killing at 50-60% instead of having to wait it out for 150%+, demoralizing your enemy... at the risk of 10% (usually tilt punishment) sounds pretty good to me.

We should totally come up with a list of moves that are susceptible to Falcon Pun(ch)isment.

General:
-Any recovery that leaves the opponent unable to attack afterwards
-Tether recoveries: you can start early and predict where they'll immediately be when they're under the edge. Some, like Olimar/TL have longer times to 'reel' themselves to the edge.

Sheik/PT/Samus-ZSS: Transformation/switch

For most of these, you either have to predict their startup or start at the same time.

Pikachu: Thunder, D-smash (?)
Ganondorf: Warlock Punch (both normal/reverse), U-tilt
Snake: F-smash, U-smash (bait it!), taunt, Nikita, Cypher (lol)
Fox/Falco/Wolf: Side-B

haha... needs more XD

Top Bottom