• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon Moveset Discussion: summaries coming soon

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Definitly one of my favourite attacks in the game.
What I find most useful (besides the nice strings it provides) is it's mindgame potential. People KNOW you're going to use U-air, and many have fallen do to it's awesomeness, so they will always try to avoid it as much as they can, thus airdodging, thus fastfalling, thus a free hit for you, thus mindgames. My friends airdodge everytime, but now they've discovered I always predict their airdodge they airdodge later and when they do that, they get a Sweet Knee to the face, thus the mindgame Circle of Doom is complete.
Yeah I love this moves. And it's common uses like chasing opponents after grabs/nairs or fastfalling it are...commonly known. If anyone has some situations/tactics for this move, I'd love to hear it.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Everyone likes Knee Smash/Knee of Justice/The Knee when it's electric. Sadly it's much harder to find the electric hitbox than in Melee because now not only still must hit in the beginning but if hit in the hitbox which in Melee would be reverse knockback it becomes weak even if hit in the beginning. At least it has better visual effect than in Melee. It works best on huge characters. I can't do it but I saw many peoble use the weak Knee into the electric Knee for KO.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i rarely try to sweetspot fair anymore.
i use it for flub knee > ftilt and flub knee > uair offstage
and things like that

i also approach with it because of its crazy priority

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
fair is usually just my gimping move.

edit: or my jab to aerial technique. usually is a sweet knee if I do

kamimari36

Smash Apprentice
It's perfect, flubbed or sweetspotted.
Flubbed combo's into Uair or another Fair,
and sweetspotted combo's into Dtaunt.
Perfect for gimping, a flubbed knee will always put a Falco, Fox or Wolf out of range to recover.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
This is THE move.
No question. I don't even care if I kill with it, or hit it sweetspotted or anything like that.

Flubbed or no, it feels ****ing amazing, every time I whip it out.

Sukai

Smash Champion
From what I've seen, the knee has a sufficient amount of priority in it, so that alone makes it a great move.
It combos if sourspotted and kills when sweetspotted, it's also like a pseudo sex kick, with a short, but lasting hitbox. An ideal move, but has punishable aerial lag and not enough shield pressure to compensate.

and sweetspotted combo's into Dtaunt.
No, that's the Falcon punch, the knee combos into a "HYES!!"

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Thanks for the picture, it made my day :).
And I use the Knee for platforms mostly, and ofcourse offstage for early kills/gimps. My best mindgame with the Knee: On Battlefield, my opponent is on the platform to the left on the left side of the platform, camping/shielding/whatever, I'm running towards him from the right side of BF (obviously) and run 'till I'm 2 Falcons away from him, he rolls to the right side of the platform, I do a SH retreating Sweet Knee + Down Taunt. That was one of my best kills (or at least a very awesome kill).
Kneeing a Wario when he is lagging from getting on his bike also grants pure boners, I get 2-3 off every time I play my friends' Wario.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
easiest punisher to land ever. if you bait a big mistake smile.

Aside from that not the greatest move. horrible poke/approach tool. Meh off stage in terms of range; reverse uair and bair are way better for edge gaurding because of the added range and priority. (you get better recovery facing the stage as well.)

Player-3

Smash Hero
easiest punisher to land ever. if you bait a big mistake smile.

Aside from that not the greatest move. horrible poke/approach tool. Meh off stage in terms of range; reverse uair and bair are way better for edge gaurding because of the added range and priority. (you get better recovery facing the stage as well.)
AC fair is a good approach for falcon

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
I think the knee is much better when used against an aerial opponent. SH fair, against someone with access to all their tilts, smashes, and shield, is an unreliable approach. Flubbed knees are pointless on the ground unless the opponent trips, which imo isn't worth the risk of getting shield grabbed, and a sweetspotted knee that gets shielded gives Falcon a ton of hit lag (easy grab for the opponent). Maybe backflipping over an opponent so it's harder to punish wouldn't be terrible... but the knee is a lot better against an aerial opponent because uair is great at baiting airdodges, and even if you try to sweetspot it while the invincibility frames are just wearing off, you'll get a flubbed knee, which gives you a free uair unless your opponent airdodges, which is risky offstage. Just my two cents. I think the discussion has been thorough, does anyone have anything to add before the next move?

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I didn't know that even Falcon Pawnch had so low priority. It's hard to find the priority because it lasts a very short time.
OK, i swear a falcon pawnch canceled the beginning frames of a pkt2 once... in my experiences, it has higher priority than most.

now to the knee....
I really like this move! I've gotten really used to the sweetspot. as n00b said, it is definitely best used in the air for all the reasons specified. but then again, nearly all of Cfalc's moves are single hit with lag inbetween, so it really isn't that bad against grounded opponents... but then again, i havent used cfalc in any tournaments. knee for air if sweetspot, flubbed for combo setting up, but i suck at that for some random reason. I like ness' air to ground game better, but this isn't ness' board.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
OK, i swear a falcon pawnch canceled the beginning frames of a pkt2 once... in my experiences, it has higher priority than most.
I think we're on the third move after Falcon Punch, try to keep on the topic of his forward aerial for now. Maybe the beginning of PKT2 has low priority (I thought that was the case, but I'm no good with Ness/Lucas), because there are multiple situations where Falcon Punch has clanked with a jab (Falcon's own jab will do this).

Iwan

Smash Ace
I don't need to say much about the knee: It's a very good move that's probably one of the most underrated punishers in the game.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
I guess we should start on bair now. It has many uses, I probably use it most for KOs (around 110%). It is a very safe move to use when retreating, and when sweetspotted (this is much easier to do than the knee), provides impressive knockback even at lower percentages, which can get your opponent offstage for you to edgeguard.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Great move, lasts long enough and can combo into Falcon Punch :p.
I use a retreating B-air occasionally to approach, and an offstage B-air is always win (since if they airdodge, they eat a backwards U-air). Overall it's a nice punisher too, quick, powerfull and little lag.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Good kill move, especially on the short chars, so don't stale it early.
You can WOP This, right?
I've BAir>BAir>Flubbed Knee>Kneed before. :)
That's epic. Now somehow make it an inescapable combo and we're top tier :p...
But you're right, it's a nice WoPper.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I WoP with bair semi frequently. It is an awesome kill move. It's something I've made an effort to put more of into my game (and up smash).
It auto cancels, (right?) and has a curious little sweet spot.
Definitely a sold aerial, certainly by Falcon standards.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
I think all has been said, B-air is a good move, but not a deep move, so let's just move on (if you have enough information ofcourse).

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
I think bair is Falcon's third best move, anyway yeah you may want to only use it at the beginning of a stock and for a kill, but if you choose to use bair a lot to keep opponents away, then going for a kill with an unused(!) uair would probably be best. And Lullo is right, there's not much to really say about this I guess, bair has great knockback and is one of Falcon's safest moves.

So, dair is next.
I'll start with saying that it combos into knee for like the one person who doesn't know. While its downward knockback obviously lends it to use offstage, it has even higher knockback at Falcon's torso, sending opponents away horizontally, and killing earlier than bair and any uncharged smash. Dairs on a grounded opponent are very unsafe, so if you attempt one, be sure to follow it with something.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I think dair should be more powerful because it's not easy to find the spike hitbox. Sad the nipple spike is not a spike in Brawl and now it requires foot sweetspot. I don't know the no-spike hitbox dair can still gimp.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
it can spike at his feet. lololbvious
lol thanks, forgot that

I think dair should be more powerful because it's not easy to find the spike hitbox. Sad the nipple spike is not a spike in Brawl and now it requires foot sweetspot. I don't know the no-spike hitbox dair can still gimp.
Does it have a third hitbox with weak knockback? Like, around the feet spikes (it can be meteor canceled, but "meteor smash" is lame :p) like you said, but I thought when it hit above his legs or wherever the real spike hitbox was from Melee, it always had excellent diagonal knockback. Anytime you hit with one of those hitboxes (which were the only ones I thought, but I don't use this move often) it's a good thing- either a lot of knockback, forcing a meteor cancel, or a combo. It's just that it has bad range, and a lot of lag afterward.

Top Bottom