• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Falcon CHAT! The Captain Falcon Social Thread

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Change your timings and your approaching moves.
This. They can only predict those things perfectly if you are predictable.

Additionally, you don't have to be on offense, per se, all the time. You can throw out safe moves and bait your opponent, etc.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
You charge an Usmash.

Or if you want 100% success : dash > shield > drop shield > hold A to autojab. Autojab beats every spotdodge.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
how do you punish someone who spots every time you approach them (try to dash grab them)
You charge an Usmash.

Or if you want 100% success : dash > shield > drop shield > hold A to autojab. Autojab beats every spotdodge.
This is pretty good advice. More generally, anything you can do to keep your approaches varied will make you less predictable, which means they can't use the same defense every time.

A pivot tilt may also work in the dash grab spot dodge situation. But as teluoborg said, autojab is a really safe option that close. There's nothing they'll have out of spot dodge that will beat your jab.

The_Paradiddler

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 2397 7602 9504
hey all, Sonic main looking for capt practice. Anyone down?

NNID Paradiddler

MonkBard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-0453-0713
Alright, let's talk about U-Tilts. Any tips on how to get those to work? Any way to combo into them? As a man trying to break into the competitive Sm4sh scene, any and all advice would be appreciated. Please and thank you! ^_^

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
Alright, let's talk about U-Tilts. Any tips on how to get those to work? Any way to combo into them? As a man trying to break into the competitive Sm4sh scene, any and all advice would be appreciated. Please and thank you! ^_^
The only ones can think of at the moment is up air into the ground > up tilt and down air > up tilt > knee if they don't tech the down air.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Also, if you're not aware, it has a meteor hitbox in Smash 4, which is a change from past games (but I assume that change is why you're asking about it).

Consequently, opponents hit out of the air with it can also tech it with quick reflexes.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
Also, if you're not aware, it has a meteor hitbox in Smash 4, which is a change from past games (but I assume that change is why you're asking about it).

Consequently, opponents hit out of the air with it can also tech it with quick reflexes.
Oooh I just thought of something. What if you up tilt them and if they tech the spike maybe you can do an f smash.

S.P.A.D.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lavama
Maybe, I'm unsure on the timing of that. Seems like at about 15% I want to say you can actually do a SH Nair into one or two utilts into almost an aerial of your choice. I don't believe the utilts will be spiking because of the angle you're hitting but I think it should connect.

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
I'm having a rough time getting The Knee right. In previous games, I was jumping around and kneeing people like a madman. But now, whenever I go for an airborne (or grounded) target, they always seem to avoid it or the knee doesn't connect all. Is there any strategy to timing this move?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Figured I'd post my silhouettes in the social threads, you guys might think they're cool... Let me know if this kind of stuff is annoying and I'll stop.

[collapse=Fabulousness]
[/collapse]

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
That's pretty nice work man. Will you do the other colors ?
I did the other colors actually, they're on my deviantart... Somewhere... But I only have those two available as shirts... Though if you have shirt requests for the other colors I'm glad to accommodate.

MonkBard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-0453-0713
do you have the wii u version
Unfortunately, I only have a 3DS at the moment. :'(

Also, at Grand Traverse Smash last month, there was a raffle and I won the art commission. My current avi is the result :3

Last edited:

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Figured I'd post my silhouettes in the social threads, you guys might think they're cool... Let me know if this kind of stuff is annoying and I'll stop.

[collapse=Fabulousness]
[/collapse]
Can i use this to put on a t-shirt for myself?

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash

[collapse=Fabulousness]
[/collapse]
Thanks for the effort man, these images are awesome! (Hence, I am still using them for my sig :p)

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
Hi Falcons. I've been messing with this guy a good bit and may make him into a serious secondary. Possibly a main at some point. His ability to completely turn games around off of 2-3 reads is insane.

Posting because I saw this and was like: .......

https://youtu.be/pw9qyl0vPps?t=60

Sub 60%? Jeez.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I did the other colors actually, they're on my deviantart... Somewhere... But I only have those two available as shirts... Though if you have shirt requests for the other colors I'm glad to accommodate.
Hum pretty nice but I like my shirts a little more subtle. I'll keep browsing your DA tho because even while they're simple your arts are pretty slick.

Themeatgrinder

Smash Cadet
NNID
Badboi117
3DS FC
0130-2293-8436
Does any Falcon wanna help me practice? I just picked him up as a main and I want to improve my Falcon

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Have an awesome animation of Captain Falcon. I didn't make this by the way.

The way he's drawn reminds me of The Flash. Y'know, I wouldn't mind a leaner Captain Falcon, but whatever. Also, @Space Stranger.

Last edited:

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Hi Falcons. I've been messing with this guy a good bit and may make him into a serious secondary. Possibly a main at some point. His ability to completely turn games around off of 2-3 reads is insane.

Posting because I saw this and was like: .......

https://youtu.be/pw9qyl0vPps?t=60

Sub 60%? Jeez.
That Falcon should have won that set... the way he lost was kinda dumb and cheezy. (Especially considering Pika has an advantage on the MU).

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Can someone help me learn to read? As Fabulous Falcon, it always seems to be a pain for me to read rolls, air dodges, etc. Or do I play until reading becomes a thing? By the way, I only have 3ds Smash at the moment.

MonkBard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-0453-0713
Can someone help me learn to read? As Fabulous Falcon, it always seems to be a pain for me to read rolls, air dodges, etc. Or do I play until reading becomes a thing? By the way, I only have 3ds Smash at the moment.
In the wise words of Bruce Lee, "Don't think. Feel." Personally, I don't worry about reads, since Falcon is a rushdown character, but if you want to focus more on his strong punishing game, then spot-dodging is your friend. Actually, I was able to spot-dodge a CPU Lucario's counter, so that was pretty hype. :roll:

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
In the wise words of Bruce Lee, "Don't think. Feel." Personally, I don't worry about reads, since Falcon is a rushdown character, but if you want to focus more on his strong punishing game, then spot-dodging is your friend. Actually, I was able to spot-dodge a CPU Lucario's counter, so that was pretty hype. :roll:
But if I feel, I become Shulk!

All joking aside, I want to rushdown, but punish air dodges and the like. Like Air Dodge > Hard Knee.

Top Bottom