• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon Allies Week 3:Captain Falcon(extend)/Snake

Dxkid

Smash Apprentice
Well i notice that there wasnt a thread about so I decided to make this thread

FALCON IN TEAMS

The purpose of this thread is to talk about teams with Falcon and how he can be helped or be of help for the character and teammate i thought real hard of this and as much it is to discuss about CF match-up

What about the Teammates that going to help him along the road?

So lets get started this week is.....

Snake:

Captain Falcon:

*sigh*even if there are 2 Falcon you still cant change what Falcon is this is a tough team to use but nothing is impossible

How to Rate
From a scale of 1-10 you decide what is the purpose of this teammate if he can help or he can be complete crap

why:couldnt decide if ratios would work or not*shrugs*

Teammates rating:
Meta***....i mean Metaknight =
10/10

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
As MK has good matchups against all the cast..

10/10 lulz

Player-3

Smash Hero
their the perfect team.

metaknight has everything falcon doesnt

falcon has everything metaknight doesnt (nothing good)

Zeallyx

their the perfect team.

metaknight has everything falcon doesnt

falcon has everything metaknight doesnt (nothing good)
win
that actually made me smile ^_^
If I didn't already have an awesome sig (17 falcon's ftw) I'd sig it.

Zeallyx

Being in a falcon/falcon team is the most fun with smash i have ever had. you can pull off so many pwanches its not even funny....
lol yeah, its beast (in friendlies lol)

still, falcon as falcon's teammate..2/10

Zeallyx

but the YES-chaining makes it 10/10
I know/think you are kidding, but in case someone takes that seriously, it is escapable, even without the opponent beeing 'chained's teammate interrupting the chain.

Winnar

Smash Lord
TOTALLY INESCAPABLE...probably D: Actually, I'd have to test it before I knock it, because it MIGHT be possible (and hilarious). It would have to be a 2v1 situation, though, and I don't know how often that comes up with double falcon teams. Generally I'd say if it's 2v1 just grab to knee/falcon punch.

Actually my brother and I did this at Chu's Biweekly (double falcon teams, not the YESZ chain). It almost worked kind of alright. We're good on teams together, so we were able to take advantage of that. Lots of grab -> hold -> knees. Quite hawt.

I dunno, we won our first match before we started goofing off (my brother isn't that great at falcon D: )

I'd say 3/10, with 1/10 being like Link or something. Actually yeah, I'd just go ahead and say Link's 1/10. Very few grab team combos, which is the sexiest thing about falcon on teams.

I dunno, Falcon on teams is even less explored than Falcon in singles.

P.S. Tomorrow (today at this point I guess) I'm going to a tournament and doing doubles with 3GOD, who mains Wario. At least some of the matches we'll be playing Wario/Falcon, so I'll report how that goes when I get back :O

Zeallyx

TOTALLY INESCAPABLE...probably D: Actually, I'd have to test it before I knock it, because it MIGHT be possible (and hilarious). It would have to be a 2v1 situation, though, and I don't know how often that comes up with double falcon teams. Generally I'd say if it's 2v1 just grab to knee/falcon punch.

Actually my brother and I did this at Chu's Biweekly (double falcon teams, not the YESZ chain). It almost worked kind of alright. We're good on teams together, so we were able to take advantage of that. Lots of grab -> hold -> knees. Quite hawt.

I dunno, we won our first match before we started goofing off (my brother isn't that great at falcon D: )

I'd say 3/10, with 1/10 being like Link or something. Actually yeah, I'd just go ahead and say Link's 1/10. Very few grab team combos, which is the sexiest thing about falcon on teams.

I dunno, Falcon on teams is even less explored than Falcon in singles.

P.S. Tomorrow (today at this point I guess) I'm going to a tournament and doing doubles with 3GOD, who mains Wario. At least some of the matches we'll be playing Wario/Falcon, so I'll report how that goes when I get back :O

The up b chain is escapable, even with 2 falcon´s against 1 opponent

and in teams, the characters are still the same characters, so a falcon-falcon team will be less effective as a team with a falcon-link, as link is a better character overall than falcon.

I´d say falcon/link team is 3-10, links projectiles do help the team.

Wogrim

Smash Lord

The up b chain is escapable, even with 2 falcon´s against 1 opponent

and in teams, the characters are still the same characters, so a falcon-falcon team will be less effective as a team with a falcon-link, as link is a better character overall than falcon.

I´d say falcon/link team is 3-10, links projectiles do help the team.
Link being higher on the 1v1 tier list has nothing to do with if he's a good doubles partner.

Zeallyx

Link being higher on the 1v1 tier list has nothing to do with if he's a good doubles partner.

It may not be what determines the effectiveness of their team 100%, but it sure has something to do with it.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I'll put IC as an example. IC is far from bottom tier, but in 2v2 they will almost never get one of their death CG's because the other opponent can come over and interrupt it, so IC is significantly worse in 2v2.

Link is also probably not as good in 2v2 because it's a lot harder to projectile camp when there's 2 people that can try to get past your projectiles, and if they decide to just ignore a Link trying to camp and 2v1 (+ a bit of pesky Link projectiles that will be shieldable for the most part) then Link's partner is left out in the cold. Falcon is better at covering his partner because of his good combination of speed and power (much better power than any of the other fast characters).

2 Falcons ftw

Tim-Tim

Smash Cadet
I'll put IC as an example. IC is far from bottom tier, but in 2v2 they will almost never get one of their death CG's because the other opponent can come over and interrupt it, so IC is significantly worse in 2v2.

Link is also probably not as good in 2v2 because it's a lot harder to projectile camp when there's 2 people that can try to get past your projectiles, and if they decide to just ignore a Link trying to camp and 2v1 (+ a bit of pesky Link projectiles that will be shieldable for the most part) then Link's partner is left out in the cold. Falcon is better at covering his partner because of his good combination of speed and power (much better power than any of the other fast characters).

2 Falcons ftw
i agree..i once did a ffa and me and the other falcon actually pulled of some sweet combos.
example:
he held enemy pit.
and i punched.
i didn't hit him because he was the grabber.
pit = dead.
tell me that falcon and falcon is not good.

Zeallyx

2 Falcons ftw
Yes, but alot of the problems falcon faces in 1v1 will still be present in 2v2. The iceclimbers get worse in 2v2 for the reason you just gave, but falcon does not have a reason (like that) to get better in 2v2, and he can't get worse.

i agree..i once did a ffa and me and the other falcon actually pulled of some sweet combos.
example:
he held enemy pit.
and i punched.
i didn't hit him because he was the grabber.
pit = dead.
tell me that falcon and falcon is not good.
Falcon and falcon is not good.
Falcon and falcon may be good in 2v1, but that is not what this is about.

There are far better teammates for falcon than another falcon.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Falcon/Falcon is fun, but not good.

Falcon Dive Ladders, no. Just no.

IC: far better options out there.

Link: far, far better options out there.

Pick someone with speed, priority, and range.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Yes, but alot of the problems falcon faces in 1v1 will still be present in 2v2. The iceclimbers get worse in 2v2 for the reason you just gave, but falcon does not have a reason (like that) to get better in 2v2, and he can't get worse.

Falcon and falcon is not good.
Falcon and falcon may be good in 2v1, but that is not what this is about.

There are far better teammates for falcon than another falcon.
No he doesn't magically get better, but speed in general is more useful in 2v2. If you're having 2 1v1s on opposite ends of the stage, and your partner Falcon dashes over to your opponent in the middle of the fight, your opponent will have to have some reaction that will either fail to your partner's attack or avoid it, which you will punish yourself. Your partner's opponent will generally chase after your partner but it gives a second or two to make that play on your opponent (and if you knock your opponent away, then you now have a 2v1 on your partner's opponent).

This won't work out so easily in practice, but in theory that maneuverability is extremely useful in ganging up on one of your opponents. Obviously if you are Falcon you can be the one running over to your partner's opponent, but having 2 fast characters gives you more options.

7/10

Zeallyx

No he doesn't magically get better, but speed in general is more useful in 2v2. If you're having 2 1v1s on opposite ends of the stage, and your partner Falcon dashes over to your opponent in the middle of the fight, your opponent will have to have some reaction that will either fail to your partner's attack or avoid it, which you will punish yourself. Your partner's opponent will generally chase after your partner but it gives a second or two to make that play on your opponent (and if you knock your opponent away, then you now have a 2v1 on your partner's opponent).

This won't work out so easily in practice, but in theory that maneuverability is extremely useful in ganging up on one of your opponents. Obviously if you are Falcon you can be the one running over to your partner's opponent, but having 2 fast characters gives you more options.

7/10

Falcon does not gain priority or something..like I said, he wont do good against any team unless its another falcon-falcon team (wich will mean a 50-50 matchup).

The speed is good, yes, but they'll still get owned..bad:(
2/10

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
well, i've teamed with snake in person with my falcon. the "YESZ NOW" combo as i like to call it is inescapable. Falcon gets a c4 planted on him while falcon upb's the opponent (YESZ) and as the opponent is in the air, its hard to predict when it will detonate so it's very hard to airdodge so when you do airdodge you get blown up (NOW). falcon can also help snake's recovery in many ways, and considering snake is one of the best characters anyway, it is a good team. :p

Dxkid

Smash Apprentice
ARG ok since we have 2/10,7/10,n 4/10

ill jus say 5/10 is that better or still not good

Zeallyx

ARG ok since we have 2/10,7/10,n 4/10

ill jus say 5/10 is that better or still not good
That is not how it works, sorry.
We need to debate till we come to an agreement, Or else the ratio will be incorrect.

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
Instead of grading how good the team is overall grade on how well the two characters work together. For example GaW is an amazing teams character not because he's good or can cover up his teammates match-ups but because he can help and be helped by various teammates in various ways.

Wogrim's right in that speed is good to cover the other teammate, but the thing is double Falcons have a hard time covering each other. They have running speed but their attacks are super fast and have some issues with range and priority. Most Falcon doubles aren't going to be good at supporting each other unless they know each others' playstyles and getting off grab combos can be pretty hard to do consistently at low percents especially with the other enemy teammate trying to come to the rescue. I personally feel it's a 4/10.

Zeallyx

Instead of grading how good the team is overall grade on how well the two characters work together. For example GaW is an amazing teams character not because he's good or can cover up his teammates match-ups but because he can help and be helped by various teammates in various ways.

Wogrim's right in that speed is good to cover the other teammate, but the thing is double Falcons have a hard time covering each other. They have running speed but their attacks are super fast and have some issues with range and priority. Most Falcon doubles aren't going to be good at supporting each other unless they know each others' playstyles and getting off grab combos can be pretty hard to do consistently at low percents especially with the other enemy teammate trying to come to the rescue. I personally feel it's a 4/10.
As falcon is still falcon, even in teams, and it seems the only pro for this team is his speed (so a falcon-sonic team would be better?), I don't agree with anything higher than 2-10.

Adding another falcon to a falcon's game doesn't give him his melee self back, nor does it improve his moveset. And not to mention, adding another falcon to falcon's game, means the opponent gets another character added to their game too..
In short a falcon-falcon team is not an effective team.

Top Bottom