• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco vs Luigi

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
It's really not that hard though. I have alot of weegee practice, if you want to ask me about it over aim. It's alot easier to explain matchups in more or less real-time imo.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
luigi 40% - 60% falco... but generally this matchup its prety equal a litlle bit better for falco..
lasers are an option, but they arent the trick to beat luigi.. entering well wif aerials, and shfflcancelling then shine should be enoth to put a luigi on probs to beat an average luigi.. this match up depends to much on both players.. when talking about compettitive lvl, u can't say any move that will magically make u win for falco neither luigi. like the most of the match ups in compettitive lvl people. thios game is to evolved and neets to evolve more i know. but u should already understand that u make moves to cover ur space and are effective to hit it, and to take another hit after it.. and even this matchup is to progressive, depending on how are both players doing, and how are they spacing, with what move, from where, etc..

just think that falcos are ok with well landed aerials

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
shine can come pretty good to ANY match up.. shine comes up fast after any aerial u should know that. shine CAN be folowwed up. and also, utitdepends pretty much on the momentum

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
shine can come pretty good to ANY match up.. shine comes up fast after any aerial u should know that. shine CAN be folowwed up. and also, utitdepends pretty much on the momentum
shine absolutely cannot be followed up on luigi at any percentage UNLESS the luigi has the reaction time of a ******. Luigi can jump out, or intercept falco's follow-up with an aerial.

The only good thing about shine is for positioning. Utilt has better follow ups against floaty characters like luigi.

Dude work on your spelling/grammar. It's a nightmare just trying to figure out what you're saying.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
shine absolutely cannot be followed up on luigi at any percentage UNLESS the luigi has the reaction time of a ******. Luigi can jump out, or intercept falco's follow-up with an aerial.

The only good thing about shine is for positioning. Utilt has better follow ups against floaty characters like luigi.

Dude work on your spelling/grammar. It's a nightmare just trying to figure out what you're saying.
Falco can Shine Dair just like on anyone. Luigi DIing HARD to the side makes it tough but it's doable (hence double shines off the top of Yoshis etc WORK if Luigi doesn't DI uber far (I think it might have to be SDI actually)

Utilt has good follow up yeah, but it's tough to hit a Luigi with that (Unless the Luigi has the reaction time of a ******, he can shield or outrange/priority it with 10 attacks)

LOL his location = not heavy on english. Didn't notice, thought he was miami rez for a while or don't know where that is?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
dynaism: Anyone remotely floaty, and not a heavy weight can made the shine impossible to follow up on. Not just peach/luigi. Even marth, and sheik fall under this.

And no, the utilt can't be hit out of if you space your aerial correctly, unless he crouch cancels.

assuming he doesn't crouch cancel, nair should pop him up, which allows utilt to follow up.

at low percent, dair > utilt works too.

if he ccs nair, you get dsmash > tech chased into grab into either a cg if they di forward, or if they DI back you can tech chase into anything, because luigi is a ****ing boss and has near-guaranteed zero to deaths on fast fallers. <3

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
dynaism: Anyone remotely floaty, and not a heavy weight can made the shine impossible to follow up on. Not just peach/luigi. Even marth, and sheik fall under this.
What game are you playing? Have you ever even seen a Falco v Sheik/Marth match? Ruby, I think you've over-exaggerating just a tinnnnny bit.

I.B

Smash Lord
Huh? He may not be able to exactly 'combo' off of it. But come on now, it's Falco. He has lasers and more hops than Nate Robinson.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
What game are you playing? Have you ever even seen a Falco v Sheik/Marth match? Ruby, I think you've over-exaggerating just a tinnnnny bit.
I'm not. I drill, then shine a sheik or marth and they fly half the stage away, which allows them to react, or jump away from anything not named laser.

Maybe it's just arizona, but we SDI pretty much everything falco does. maybe ill have to find some video references as to what i'm talking about.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Huh? He may not be able to exactly 'combo' off of it. But come on now, it's Falco. He has lasers and more hops than Nate Robinson.
aka he has no follow-ups.

I'm not going to count shooting luigi from half the stage away as he floats to the stage as a "follow-up."

wilkins

Smash Apprentice
Unknown522 posting:
I'm not. I drill, then shine a sheik or marth and they fly half the stage away, which allows them to react, or jump away from anything not named laser.
Even though this is false. Why is this a bad thing?

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
okok rubyris, first. Im from venezuela, i just moved here.. chill out dude, dam.. second, i use luigi and i know a lot about what im talking about. it looks like u need to play this match up a lil more. :S..

stop overeacting and respect some u ***.. every1 is on u because ur wrong, learn, stop teaching, u have nothing to teach. learn

not gonna read what u say.. srry for my grammar, trying to speak my third lenguage *****

SUP CANADA? HOWS THA *****S? how ya doing guys

I.B

Smash Lord
aka he has no follow-ups.

I'm not going to count shooting luigi from half the stage away as he floats to the stage as a "follow-up."

K
okok rubyris, first. Im from venezuela, i just moved here.. chill out dude, dam.. second, i use luigi and i know a lot about what im talking about. it looks like u need to play this match up a lil more. :S..

stop overeacting and respect some u ***.. every1 is on u because ur wrong, learn, stop teaching, u have nothing to teach. learn

not gonna read what u say.. srry for my grammar, trying to speak my third lenguage *****

Suuuup

Rubyiris

Smash Hero

Too bad I'm right about the shine vs utilt argument, kid.

Try and trash me when you have your facts straight and you can speak English properly.

Sion

Island of Horizon
ruby, are you talking about shine with or without platforms?

i can combo characters as floaty as jigglypuff with dair shine dair utilt on a platform.
or dair shine anything for that matter

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
yeah to bad im still learning english. U may want to speak in italian? Maybe spanish? I dont know in what lenguage u would understand more. But lets see, YOU ARE WRONG, just accept it. U said something stupid when u said that the shine would not came out after a cancelled aerial if luigi would well time something between the aerial and the shine:s. Thats just stupid :s. U wont learn till u accept things, kid :s.
Dot to the conversation, dont want to talk wif some1 who doesnt even know what he's saying :s.

Canedians, r u guys coming to the big tourney in fl?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Rub - Are you WD out of the shine? If you WD out of shine and they're SDIing one way or the other, you should be able to follow up still. Utilt around 30% combos really nicely, but Falco won't land that against a smart Luigi, the kind that knows how to shield approach. The best would be trading utilt with something, which trading isn't in Falcos favor here. :\

ruby, are you talking about shine with or without platforms?

i can combo characters as floaty as jigglypuff with dair shine dair utilt on a platform.
or dair shine anything for that matter
Isn't that Double Shine Dair Double Shine Dair and so on?
You're fast enough! ;)

The next big one WC is for SURE going to is Apex 2
That's in NY, late summer I think.

EC got this until then. With minor appearances from our travelling crusader BO10 probably LOL

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
yeah to bad im still learning english. U may want to speak in italian? Maybe spanish? I dont know in what lenguage u would understand more. But lets see, YOU ARE WRONG, just accept it. U said something stupid when u said that the shine would not came out after a cancelled aerial if luigi would well time something between the aerial and the shine:s. Thats just stupid :s. U wont learn till u accept things, kid :s.
Dot to the conversation, dont want to talk wif some1 who doesnt even know what he's saying :s.

At low percentage Luigi can cc an aerial and punish.

Good job being wrong though.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Dynaism: Even if you WD, if they SDI the shine away falco cannot in any way, shape, or form follow up against characters like luigi, marth, and sheik. Even with the wavedash, they have enough time to jump, or stuff your attempted follow-up with an aerial.

Sion

Island of Horizon
ruby, what you're saying is indeed valid, but shooting down the idea of the staple aerial -> shine is just weird.

utilt does combo easier, yes, but shine isn't half bad either. there are some points where the luigi will either cc your utilt or shield your utilt where shine would actually work better. shine can be followed up, but it depends on what you mean by "follow up". btw, you can follow marth/sheik's when they SDI the shine away.

unknown522

Some guy
Yes, let's call smash DI false. Great logic, guy.

I also never said it was bad. I just simply said utilt has better follow-ups
Even if you smash DI the shine, you can still follow-up. U-tilt gives great follow-ups. It's mostly percent/character dependent though.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
This thread is made of lol's, watching rubyris tell off all these players better than him just seems ignorant/stubborn..

Can someone just post a top level match of a falco shining a floaty character and then following up with a dair or ANYTHING?

..Cauuuse i'm pretty sure it's clearly not IMPOSSIBLE to shine combo a marth or a shiek. especially at very low %.

LoL I think you should start speaking for your own falco when you say falco can't do this or that IMO.

I have nothing against you or anything, I just notice almost every time I see you post you have that 'VBM' kinda attitude.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Page 2/3 of this thread sum it up as far as I'm concerned.

The rest has been "wtf you be talkin bout?" type stuff.

The best way to learn Falco vs Luigi is to play it LOTS, but there aren't more than 3 Luigi's in the world that would actually show what this match up should be like.

So good luck LOL

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
People really deep to underestimate exactly how ****ing far a character can fly if you SDI the shine.

Top Bottom