• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Falco Q&A

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Or against any character that you play against.. mainly Falco... Just powershield EVERYTHING and problem solved......woooooooohooooooooooo!!!!!.. lol sorry! Powershielding is awesome!!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Peach vs. Falco is even. Shoot more lasers and up B more when recovering. Spacing isn't too hard in the matchup, you just really need to keep your cool. Never rush an approach vs. Peach.

shoot more lasers is the answer to almost every falco matchup, with only a select few exceptions
This.

actually, the answer for peach is often dsmash less
And this.

mogwai i ahvea question

what happens if we feed you after midnight?
I make a combo video. Sadly, "Fed After Midnight" has been stuck in production for a long while now, so we'll see if I can get my shit together after I get some more footage at SPOC VI

Falco vs Cactus, it's better to shoot less lasers. :laugh:
This is mostly true, but not 100%. Against Cactus, your default should never be to idly shoot lasers (like against other players). As long as they have a good purpose, fire away.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
LOL thats such a sweet name for a vid

and how the hell did you get around the censor?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Damnit i clicked your sig Mog and I got rick rolled nd everyone in class heard :(

Arrogant

Smash Journeyman
Wes, since you're taking questions and all, let me ask you this. . . What is the best way for me to train to quickly be able to drill shine dudes? And I mean, like, fast.

What I mean is, I decided to learn the game a lil', right? And I decided to go with Falco, 'cause one, he's top tier, two, it takes time to get good with him and I like a challenge. Altogether, I've practiced, maybe, 4 hours total and I've gotten 'okay'. I was playing with Ry the other day and I noticed that he was mad quick following up with combos after a drill-shine--drill-shining me again. To do that he must've hit that jump button mighty fast. He gave me some tips on how to practice, but I want quick results, so do you have any recommendations, my dude?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Wes, since you're taking questions and all, let me ask you this. . . What is the best way for me to train to quickly be able to drill shine dudes? And I mean, like, fast.

What I mean is, I decided to learn the game a lil', right? And I decided to go with Falco, 'cause one, he's top tier, two, it takes time to get good with him and I like a challenge. Altogether, I've practiced, maybe, 4 hours total and I've gotten 'okay'. I was playing with Ry the other day and I noticed that he was mad quick following up with combos after a drill-shine--drill-shining me again. To do that he must've hit that jump button mighty fast. He gave me some tips on how to practice, but I want quick results, so do you have any recommendations, my dude?
um, either go to FD with a level 1 bowser with 0.5 damage ratio and 9 handicap (you with 1 handicap) and just keep dair -> shining him, or make it a level 4 Falco/Fox without any damage ratio/handicap shenanigans to get a feel for what it's really like comboing a fast faller. The first will just make you generically better at hitting l-cancels while the 2nd will give you an idea of how to combo. Remember to wavedash out of shine almost always.

Arrogant

Smash Journeyman
um, either go to FD with a level 1 bowser with 0.5 damage ratio and 9 handicap (you with 1 handicap) and just keep dair -> shining him, or make it a level 4 Falco/Fox without any damage ratio/handicap shenanigans to get a feel for what it's really like comboing a fast faller. The first will just make you generically better at hitting l-cancels while the 2nd will give you an idea of how to combo. Remember to wavedash out of shine almost always.
That first thing that you mentioned--the whole handicap thing-- is what Ry told me to do and I've been doing that my dude, but yeah, I haven't gotten it down as of yet. I've been able to do it, like, twice in a row, but only a few times. Recovering quickly is different when the dair actually connects and I had to get that timing down first. Yeah, he told me to WD after shines. Still have to get in the habit of doing that.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
That first thing that you mentioned--the whole handicap thing-- is what Ry told me to do and I've been doing that my dude, but yeah, I haven't gotten it down as of yet. I've been able to do it, like, twice in a row, but only a few times. Recovering quickly is different when the dair actually connects and I had to get that timing down first. Yeah, he told me to WD after shines. Still have to get in the habit of doing that.
Yea, it takes a little time, but eventually it'll just click and you'll feel yourself being able to do shit much faster. Keep at it.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Thanks for the hook up, my dude. . . You doin' a good thing here.

This has been a public service announcement, brought to you by The Stalin. . .
WOWOWWOWOW haha

i feel weird for saying this, but i just watched that repeat about 5 or 6 times. idk

saintrage

Smash Cadet
*EDIT* I just realized this question was kind of answered at the very end of dashizwiz's thread. At least i gathered that you can't really time it to combo unless the player is bad. You pretty much have to be ok with shine+shine+bair/dair if you start of with a shine or a dair. I just want to make sure thats the way it is.

I so got a question about fighting characters that aren't fast fallers. When playing a marth for example i was trying to figure out if it is better to wavedash out of shield or just follow up with a jump almost always when the marth is at low percent and i am trying to start a combo. Because after the shine, it seems like even if i jump out immediately and wait a sec before i fast fall and dair him he still is able to recover from the hit stun before i can use an uptilt or another shine and he breaks my combo. And if i had wavedashed out of shield i feel like i don't have time to dair him and then get tot the ground for a continuation of the combo. Should i DI away after the dair and try to avoid getting hit? or am i just not timing it right.

This is specifically at low percents on a stage with no platforms like FD of course.

It seemed like i had another question too xD i'm sure i'll think of it when i am no where near a pc.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I'm having trouble starting a combo off of a laser. I either land too close and shoot "through" them, or too far and not close enough to shine.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
laser then grab i found is useful just to control the game. laser --> nair --> shine...or figureout the spacing to shine

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I could either tech chase or go for the Uthrow, and follow DI for the combo.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Mogwai, when you use lasers in serious play, do you ever spam them or do you only shoot them when you know it'll hit or force your opponent to move into a bad position? (or something else?)

Suggestion for lesson 3, stage control and platforms.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Mogwai, when you use lasers in serious play, do you ever spam them or do you only shoot them when you know it'll hit or force your opponent to move into a bad position? (or something else?)
I spam vs. certain characters and on certain stages, but this typically is a means to force my opponent into a bad position (approaching). The trick is to not let yourself get into a bad position by shooting too many lasers in the pursuit of trivial %s.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Makes sense, also, do you have any advice on edge guarding link, is it possible to CC into a dsmash through his upB or dair him if he hookshots the ledge? I honestly don't get to play against my friend enough to try many things out on his link so thanks for the input.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
laser him off the edge then edgehog would be my suggestion>?

again i am hesistant to give advice cuz i get ***** by the Mog :(

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
A suggestion for a future lesson: Falco in teams.
here's your answer

dont. :)
lol, true

not really, there are some awesome Falcos in teams... Forward and Reik come to mind. I however am not one of them, I play Jiggs in team :p In other words, it's a great idea for a lesson, it's just not one I'm fit to teach.

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
hey mogwai, i'd like to see you write about using lasers to make situations safe
whatever advice you have on the subject
rshl from on top of opponent covers all options from a tech
stuff like that

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
lol, true

not really, there are some awesome Falcos in teams... Forward and Reik come to mind. I however am not one of them, I play Jiggs in team :p In other words, it's a great idea for a lesson, it's just not one I'm fit to teach.
>.>.................................
I didn't say he sucked in teams, just that I suck with him in teams -_-.

You have to play very cautiously and very much off of your teammate as Falco in teams and I suck at that. Jiggs you just kinda float around and do stuff and you're fine.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Why is my Falco so sexy?
I dunno, I haven't played it yet.

p.s. get a mouse so that we can play craft -_-.

Why is mine so exquisite? xD .........lol?
I dunno if exquisite is the word I'd use, but you're very fast and fluid because you learned the game around Forward, who has basically always been the cutting edge of Falco sexiness.

Top Bottom