• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco edge trap

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Idea:

Instead of Fsmashing or gatling, what if we wait outside of the spike range and when they pick an option, grab them for it.

Roll back->reverse pivot grab -> spike-> same situation

Get up attack->regrab->pummel grab release next to the ledge(if they don't fall off)-> Shield and grab any option thats not jump(bair oos if they roll behind you) or reverse pivot grab if you know theyre going to roll

Get up w/o attack->ftilt if you cant grab fast enough, grab if you can

Roll back->same as get up w/o attack but slower. you might want to throw instead of pummel release in this situation depending on the character since they will be off the ledge. uthrow usually sends them in front of you but way above. It'd probably be better than releasing on mk.

Tech-> regrab their tech option

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
^ i like the way you think,good stuff i kill marth depending on how many stocks 3 stocks they play reckless > 2 stock they try to do some thing > one stock they forward b all day and try to avoid lasers i say i hav seen so many marth wait for you to spot dodge at very edge of the stage at high damage then they up B i hav won lots of matches(MM) by lasering my way and waiting for them to approach at the edge then wait for the up b,now i hav to say its a gamble because they like to wait for the spot dodge the do it so i try to just stand there and wait to see if they react if not i just edge grab . i will explain

at edge of stage

marth forward b cancel> up b------------falco hold shield> roll behind
marth forward b,b,cancel> up b------------falco roll behind immediately>wait for spotdodge upsmash or if blocking just grab
just some examples of mind games against marth.

swordsaint

Smash Master
tommy, the only problem with the regrab > spike option is that by then they're out of cg percents meaning they can DI the throw....no spike.

Buuman

Smash Ace
I wish buuman didn't quit vbrawl right as I started playing competitively... You could've being a damage control to all the Snake mains running wild... oh well.

Also, I'm pretty sure that some characters can sdi it away so that they get sent at a more horizontal angle thus bounce off the ground and in the air rather then getting planted. And everyone can tech the spike, and I doubt a grab is guaranteed. I don't see why ppl don't tech it more honestly.

And this strat has being known since the discovery of chain grabbing. A better thread would be one devoted to falco's amazing edge guard game imo.
There are rumors, that he might be coming back.

also at the guy who made this trap lol, not gonna take claim to this..but Both falco, and zero suit have the same trap that Dedede does. It's just not as effective. I trapped with both of those characters, but it feels kinda meh, cause the back part doesn't hold any power. Oh and nice job taking my words right out of my guide, "If they roll behind they get hit, if they get-up attack they get hit, the stage prevents them from rolling away so they get hit, and if they stand up they get hit."

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
the chain grab is just to give you time on how to kill them after your done so just predict wat they are going to do after. WAT CAN BE PREDICTED ,CAN BE PUNISHED.

Top Bottom