• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Boards Community Guide Discussion/Rough Draft *WE'RE NOT DONE YET!!! *

J4pu

Smash Champion
2nd post of thread
//!\\ THIS IS JUST THE FIRST PART OF THE GUIDE. THE REST OF THE GUIDE WILL BE WRITTEN BT ME AND THE FBR CURRENT JANUARY //!\\
replace with "by"

i know we have a thing for typos here at the falco boards but let's not overdo it

also, cool hitbox pics

SHDL

Smash Rookie
Woke up, so I decided to do this.

Resized images. Got a transparent Falco image.

> :falco:

No?

EDIT: This is Kuro btw. . going to sleep.

kthxbai.

zamz

Smash Journeyman
Have we finalized an outline of the guide? In other words, have we decided on the general order of things, and the information we will discuss?

If so, edit the guide to contain these subfields, but place "NOT FINISHED" or "EMPTY" tags in the areas we're still missing information. Why? It'll be a quick and easy way to see what still needs work.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
This might help. Falco pummel data. Improve the end of your CG you can.
Frames to do: 21
0%: 18th frame - 0 pummels
10%: 36th frame = 1 pummel
20%: 54th frame = 2 pummels
30%: 72nd frame = 3 pummels
40%: 90th frame = 4 pummels
50%: 108nd frame = 5 pummels
60%: 126th frame = 6 pummels
70%: 144th frame = 7 pummels

So this is the number of pummels one can get directly after the grab at certain percents and still activate a throw?

So I could pull off 5 pummels at 50% and still throw and they couldn't escape?

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Guise, I've got my internets and Wii now, so I can get back to helping!

Also, how are we getting the frame data? This post has a decent, although time-consuming way to get it.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Are you guys planning on covering ledge options in the guide?
I'm guessing it would go under stage control, but I'm not sure.

If you do, will that laser->grab thing I found out a while back go in there?
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsNWnh-47Dw
OP:http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=216145&highlight=Octix

Maybe people will see some more use from this. I admit, I never really gave this much thought at all, but after the idea was actually put forward I see some general uses for this in a "mindgame". One is most notiably free recovery whenever you grab the ledge.

Most people phantasm from the ledge into the opponent to get back on stage, well we all know that gets expected and people distance themselves correctly, well with that idea you can use the laser to go back onto the stage to stun them and you phantasm in the lagless part after the laser and your opponent is like "What the heck just happened!"

But, yeah, apart from adding a bit of variety into the metagame, not really going to do much, IMO.
Yeah, not a tech, like I was looking to find, but it's always an option.

You don't have my motivation as of yet. But you do have my intertest. Motivation to do anything much past reading and typing a few words is about all I can manage early morning (6am now) lol

Notra

Smash Ace
lmao how do people forget the fact that i'm one of the only ACTIVE falcos in the midwest, along with Champ_SlayZ

i'll contribute...but people stop f*cking forgetting me -_-
im from the midwest. but im new to the tourney scene. only been to 3.

and does anyone want me to help? my saturday this weekend is all brawl. so if there is something to be done, lay it on me.

Albino Ace

Smash Rookie
I see the guide mentions that Nair's lag cancels on landing, but I also see it says that Bair is faster?

Nair:
First hits on frame 3
Landing lag: 9
Shield hit lag: 6
Shield stun: 7
Advantage: -8

Bair:
First hits on frame 4
Landing lag: 15
Shield hit lag: 10
Shield stun: 14
Advantage: -11
Unless I'm misinterpreting the above data, I would think lag-wise Nair is faster...Also, in my personal experience I've found Nair, with its low start-up lag and of course the lag cancel upon landing, to be quite useful for getting out of hitstun, and thus landing back on the ground with minimal lag, ready to counterattack. Admittedly, I've only used it for such "recovery" so to speak at low percents. With that logic, I would think it'd be better for avoiding being KO'd at higher percents than Bair, but I haven't tested it.

If I'm wrong about any of the above (which I may be, I'm mostly unfamiliar with the technical aspects of Smash), feel free to correct me.

Also, just a minor thing, not too important...

Falco throws the opponent into the ground, jumps above them, and bombards them with lasers from two guns. The opponent is then sent out in front of Falco.
When I saw Smash Wiki said Falco only uses one gun when played as, I had first thought Falco used two in his throws, including down throw. However, when I paused during the throw to take a closer look, I saw that he indeed does only use one gun. Actually, it may be noticeable looking at a photo posted earlier in this thread:

Like I said, just a minor thing. lol

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Albino, I made a quick fix for that in the guide. Also, I think that might have been referring to some of the non-advantage stuff, because it has less startup, landing lag, and hitlag.

Top Bottom