• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fair Approach

Blad01

Smash Lord
We all know that Sheik's Fair get nerfed, and is not longer a good SH approach, and you would usually prefer Bair or Nair.

However, Fair is Sheik's only move to have this caracteristic : You CAN double-jump from a SHFair.

So basically :

1. Short Hop
  2. Fair immediatly
  3. Double-jump

This prevent your opponent from :

• Shieldgrab
  • DownSmash Out Of Sheild / Spotdodge

After your double-jump, you can :
  • Vanish
  • (jump behind your opponent) FF Bair
  • (jump behind your opponent) B Reversed
  • Dair
  • Retreat simply (while throwing needles if you want). (good hit&run tactic)

Also, on a side note, you can footstool jump your opponent 8D

Maybe some of you already knew that, but i found this really useful, so hope that helps ^_^

[To be updated with screenshots / video]

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Are you saying that you can't jump after b/d/n/u-airs?

Also, you can just f-air multiple times - edgeguarding.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
whoa, i gotta try

fair, double jump toward opponent, b reverse needle cancel, bair to ftilt YAYUHZZZZ

Blad01

Smash Lord
whoa, i gotta try

fair, double jump toward opponent, b reverse needle cancel, bair to ftilt YAYUHZZZZ
Lol that's what i mean yes :p

But seriously in try this in a few real matchs and who... That ******* useful O-O Platforms can also be a great alternative with this :D

But sometimes be careful to Utilt / Usmash OoS of you decide to jump behind your opponent ^^

For the moment my favorites mix with Fair are :

- Fair, double-jump retreat, needles, platform (that cancels a bit the lag)
- Fair, same but behind and with b-reverse
- Mixed with Up B or Dair when i want to surprise.

Oh, and i gotta try the SH Retreating Faire to double jump style ^_^

[I'm preparing the video]

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
if somebody does an air and lands behind you do a quick short hop fair fading back (so you are going through them) and double jump into needles its pretty awesome haha

not the best but its tight anyways

Blad01

Smash Lord
a gutsy man could do fair to DAIR

yayuhzzz!
Lol that's what i said XD

In the video i'm preparing, i did a Fair to Footstool to Dair, it's pretty cool X) (but punishable :().

So gimpy, had you already figure this out ? (Fair to double-jump, i mean)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
yeah its not that surprisingly difficult to find - it's nice but rarely does it stop anyone from punishing you if they were going to already haha

also i did a footstool -> dair off the stage on a falco at like zero percent and it killed him - recorded LOL

Blad01

Smash Lord
yeah its not that surprisingly difficult to find - it's nice but rarely does it stop anyone from punishing you if they were going to already haha
Oh ok, you broke my hope lol. Seriously i asked you that because you didn't mentionned it in you "Aerials Dissected" thread ^_^

also i did a footstool -> dair off the stage on a falco at like zero percent and it killed him - recorded LOL
O_O Poor falco, again him... :(

But wtf ? XD The Dair sends upward, right ? ôO Did you stage spiked him ? :p

ynnek123

Smash Ace
lol this topic proves again that we don't even know half about this game yet. I mean, this is SO obvious, yet no more then 2 people found it till now xD

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
i should try approaching like this more...u have to press jump and attack at like the same time in order to get the double jump after

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Woah, check out the similarities between mine and Blad01s sig. Both main Falco and Shiek, both secondary a low tier.

Anyway, SH Fair>>DJ>>Needle turnaround>>Retreating B Air is really fun

xiferp

Smash Apprentice
I. Just. Can't. Do. It. I'm not getting the second jump. T_T

Blad01

Smash Lord
Yes you have to press Jump and A at the same time :) Then, when you are at the end of your Fair, press Jump, that will buffer your second jump :)

Blad01

Smash Lord
Woah, check out the similarities between mine and Blad01s sig. Both main Falco and Shiek, both secondary a low tier.
Lol yeah ^^ But why do you have Pikachu on your profile ? x_X
Anyway, SH Fair>>DJ>>Needle turnaround>>Retreating B Air is really fun
Oh, i never though to that, thanks ! ;)

I guess this is the only move i missed, since i tried so many variations with this thing, lol ^^

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Lol that's just because I love Pikachu.....and I haven't bothered changing since I played as him five months ago <_< >_>

I had something cool that I did earlier involving this that isn't mentioned but can't remember atm, will edit post when I do.

Flamingo

Smash Lord

I saw that one on youtube lol... falco's vert. recovery is so bad...he's pretty much die from any footstool.

Top Bottom