• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Wouldn't be hilarious if we wake up tomorrow and Mewtwo is an unlockable?
That would be one hell of a patch. (But a necessary one...honestly.)

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
EVERYONE, WAIT!!!
Sakurai had just confirmed that there IS a D1 patch (update) for the 3DS, and...YOU CAN ALREADY DOWNLOAD IT?! What's going on here? Why a D1 patch can be downloaded before the relase? And if... It adds something new, like fighters or something (maybe for avoid spoilers)?
Balance patches confirmed! Maybe fighters too but I think that kind of thing may happen at a latter date but patches are confirmed meaning Dlc is possible now gameplaywise

Tasers

Smash Cadet
That was a pic that I POSTED... ugh made me go all the way back looking for a trophy. Like I said, If his megas arn't a trophy then something sketchy is going on behind the scenes because his mega evolution was one of the most popular ones not to be made a trophy. You guys need to stop ignoring this logic and consider it

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
If there is absolutely no trophies regarding Mewtwo- then something IS up.
Let's just hope no one finds them. Sakurai would definitely include Mewtwo in some way or another...if not trophies, Pokeball, or boss.....playable is the only option left.

Last edited:

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
That was a pic that I POSTED... ugh made me go all the way back looking for a trophy. Like I said, If his megas arn't a trophy then something sketchy is going on behind the scenes because his mega evolution was one of the most popular ones not to be made a trophy. You guys need to stop ignoring this logic and consider it
Excatly :) everyone gives up too easily
and does anyone know where to watch the ssb4 3ds treehouse tonight other than twitch cause i cant go on that and if so please link it :)

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Nintendo Treehouse event starts at 10AM PDT. Which is 1PM EST, 6PM in UK and 3AM in Australia. We have quite a bit to go (10 hours and some change).

I don't think we will see any info about unrevealed characters or DLC or anything. They'll most likely talk about things we already know by now for the 3DS version with some new info on Wii U.

Last edited:

Naoshi

I'd imagine any DLC news would be months or so from now. Right now is kind of too early, they'd rather have everyone focus on what they have for the roster right now so they don't get overshadowed by DLC.

After all MK8 DLC packs were not announced until 2.5 to 3 months later

Last edited:

Outlawstarx

Smash Cadet
Lmao im sorrry. I had only glanced at it eariler today and i was already bummed out because he wasn't confirmed. my bad :)

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'd imagine any DLC news would be months or so from now. Right now is kind of too early, they'd rather have everyone focus on what they have for the roster right now so they don't get overshadowed by DLC.
If people complain about the gaping holes in the roster, they might nothave a choice. People will be very upset. Product could be returned.

Last edited:

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo Treehouse event starts at 10AM PDT. Which is 1PM EST, 6PM in UK and 3AM in Australia. We have quite a bit to go (10 hours and some change).

I don't think we will see any info about unrevealed characters or DLC or anything. They'll most likely talk about things we already know by now for the 3DS version with some new info on Wii U.
Someone earlier said australia is getting the stream tonight at 8pm (4 hours)

.Shìkì

Smash Ace

So, thats good for me then. 7 PM treehouse, midnight Zipzo. Perfect.

Naoshi

One thing I forgot to mention. I don't think the Treehouse is going to start off with Smash Bros first, they're going to stream other games first.

"On September 12 we’ll be streaming 8 hours of gameplay via Twitch, including a look at the final version of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. But first, we’ll be covering some upcoming games for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS."

If people complain about the gaping holes in the roster, they might nothave a choice. People will be very upset. Product could be returned.
It's not that bad honestly.

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Me and my friend are going to do a collab discussing DLC soon on my channel, well, after the last Challenger Approaching (series I do on SSB4) video, but that depends on his work schedule. I'ma gonna be swamped with researching on possible characters and what their chances are, but me and a few other friends agreed Mewtwo is definitely a priority for DLC, as he on his own could sell it easily.

Naoshi

I've seriously considered canceling my preorder because of it. Only reason I haven't is because I have a month to go.
Be as it may, we are a vocal minority whether we like it or not. People that cares that deeply have already found out about the roster by now. This is nothing new and this happens every time a Smash Bros game has come out. The game is going to sell fine, the hypothetical returns/preorder cancellations are not going to put a dent into its sales much.

Tasers

Smash Cadet
I really don't want to see this thread taken down ether, all these legit sources affirming a Mewtwo model exists.. and the Wii U version not coming out till november.. where else am I going to go to discuss my most wanted character's chances? There is still alot of misconceptions and speculations still existing for it to be closed

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I really don't want to see this thread taken down ether, all these legit sources affirming a Mewtwo model exists.. and the Wii U version not coming out till november.. where else am I going to go to discuss my most wanted character's chances? There is still alot of misconceptions and speculations still existing for it to be closed
That's why I hope someone transfers this to another site or something, but that's doubtful. Hopefully, if Mewtwo ends up as DLC (which is very plausible) then maybe the thread will be revived?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Be as it may, we are a vocal minority whether we like it or not. People that cares that deeply have already found out about the roster by now. This is nothing new and this happens every time a Smash Bros game has come out. The game is going to sell fine, the hypothetical returns/preorder cancellations are not going to put a dent into its sales much.
True. But Mewtwo has a lot of fans. If they get vocal, Nintendo will probably cave.

Naoshi

True. But Mewtwo has a lot of fans. If they get vocal, Nintendo will probably cave.
Yeah there is no denying that Mewtwo has a lot of fans. I don't really see them caving for the Treehouse Event still. If he's DLC or in the Wii U roster, we will know in the future, just not anytime soon.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I would of cancelled my preorder if it wasn't for Dark Pit.
I kid you not.
So you were going to cancel the pre-order because Mewtwo wasn't in what's is an almost perfect roster, but you decided otherwise for literally the worst newcomwer of the entire game? Wow.

Naoshi

So you were going to cancel the pre-order because Mewtwo wasn't in what's is an almost perfect roster, but you decided otherwise for literally the worst newcomwer of the entire game? Wow.
Different tastes. Dark Pit isn't someone exactly "objectively" worst, it's all down to subjective and different views.

Personally, I would've been so excited if Pichu was miraculously back. lol

i said what time for australia which is where i am?
I've already converted the time, it's 3AM in Australian time.

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
That's your opinion I suppose. For me, I was hyped when I saw Lucina, clone or not, she was #2 on my top 5 right behind Mewtwo who was #1. I don't know Dark Pit, but he could prove interesting, same with Dr Mario, since he was a fun character in Melee...and kinda proves that Mewtwo still has a chance for DLC (As they are both cut Melee vets).

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Yeah there is no denying that Mewtwo has a lot of fans. I don't really see them caving for the Treehouse Event still. If he's DLC or in the Wii U roster, we will know in the future, just not anytime soon.
Well, yeah, not for treehouse. It's still not out. But two to three days after launch? People are going to be upset and vocal about it.

Also, worth noting that we never had a situation like this before. No one thought Mewtwo would be cut, so fans weren't crying out for him. Losing something you expected will not provoke as bad a reaction as losing something you've been begging for.

The Ridley tease is even worse, and also unprecedented.

As is the demotion of Isaac (though minor compared to those two).

Nintendo is going to have a lot of unhappy customers in a day or two.

Naoshi

Well, yeah, not for treehouse. It's still not out. But two to three days after launch? People are going to be upset and vocal about it.

Also, worth noting that we never had a situation like this before. No one thought Mewtwo would be cut, so fans weren't crying out for him. Losing something you expected will not provoke as bad a reaction as losing something you've been begging for.

Uh? Where were you during the brawl hype? Mewtwo's cut was even more unprecendented.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991

I'd say that Mewtwo, Issac, Ridley, and Dixie Kong (or King K Rool, but Dixie would seem more likely) would make this roster near perfection. Make them DLC, problem solved, game of the year!

MathewRYF

Smash Cadet
NNID
MathewRYF
Alright, I have a proposition. How about we give it until after the end of the stream tomorrow before we do anything? If we get no sort of news, THEN we need to find a way to convince Nintendo of Japan that Smash Bros DLC is worth the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom