• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Someone asked if the new form of Mewtwo (his Y Mega Evolution) would be in the new Smash Bros.
And Mr.Suckyoureye thought he wanted Megas we got Mega :4lucario: and Mega :4charizard:X but no :mewtwomelee: sadly

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Wii U exclusive stage as far as we know. I am still not sold on the fact that one of the most hype characters would be a badly made, downscaled for no reason stagehazard exclusive to the Wii U version, but if there really is nothing more coming mewtwo ain't even available as a masterballsummon, so I don't trust anything that is related to sakurais decisions...

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Australian Law student here. If Nintendo didn't state that the roster would be the same for both games in any of their actual advertising schemes (interviews don't count) they would then be in the clear.
Exactly. Thank you for the confirmation.

That's really the last string of hope we have left at the moment.

I hope thing's look up. I'm pretty crushed.
I think the CSS looking incomplete is also somewhat of a string of hope. Let's just ride this one out guys, enjoy the game for what it is and hope for the best because anything can happen at this point. DLC, extra characters, more unlockable characters - anything can happen.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I just realized that Smash will get 4 hours of stream time today since the actual live stream is 8 hours long. This is our only hope, guys. I may be denial but if the Smash part of the stream does last for 4 hours, we must be getting something big. I mean, why else do a 8 hour stream and give Smash 4 hours of it (For anyone confused, Smash's part of the stream starts at 1:00, there's no other game listed after 1:00)? Okay, I'm in denial, I admit to it.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Exactly. Thank you for the confirmation.

I think the CSS looking incomplete is also somewhat of a string of hope. Let's just ride this one out guys, enjoy the game for what it is and hope for the best because anything can happen at this point. DLC, extra characters, more unlockable characters - anything can happen.
Yeah. I've waited for so long that I'm prepared to wait just a few months longer if it means DLC for Mewtwo and the other characters or if that rumor that's going round is true (the one that @ SaucyDancer SaucyDancer posted before.)

I just really cannot fathom the idea of Mewtwo not coming back this time after being considered for 3 games so far. It just really would not make sense in the slightest to not see him in Sm4sh, especially with all the popularity he's been getting for representing gen 6 with the female being introduced.

The fact the CSS does look incomplete even after all the unlocks does provide a sign for me there are still more characters to come, as well as the fact that none of the characters have been found as trophies yet.

No word at all is the best evidence we have so far that he may very well come back. Let's not give up just yet!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Wii U exclusive stage as far as we know. I am still not sold on the fact that one of the most hype characters would be a badly made, downscaled for no reason stagehazard exclusive to the Wii U version, but if there really is nothing more coming mewtwo ain't even available as a masterballsummon, so I don't trust anything that is related to sakurais decisions...
Ridley's shadow doesn't look downsized at all...and he stays in the air way too long to be playable.
Look for a Youtube proxy like we had in Pokken fighters, Niconico doesn't work unless you're a paying Japanese customer IIRC
You don't have to be a paying member...just a member.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

...what? o.o

@Zipzo
Can you please elaborate?
I went to them with the information I had just received before tweeting it to ask them what I should do. In the end I made the decision (on my own) to tweet it to the public for "hype" purposes, both because I was hyped and I trusted my source. It appears as though they were streaming at the time that I had messaged them.

Details of the source's identity is not something I'm likely to discuss as it's irrelevant to the fact that I shot the information out prematurely. I'm taking responsibility for that.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Yeah Nicovideo worked fine for me, I even found out I have an account from who knows when. I don't think you even need to be signed up to watch this stream though since it was working for me when someone linked it in Twitch chat before I logged in.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Yeah. I've waited for so long that I'm prepared to wait just a few months longer if it means DLC for Mewtwo and the other characters or if that rumor that's going round is true (the one that @ SaucyDancer SaucyDancer posted before.)

I just really cannot fathom the idea of Mewtwo not coming back this time after being considered for 3 games so far. It just really would not make sense in the slightest to not see him in Sm4sh, especially with all the popularity he's been getting for representing gen 6 with the female being introduced.

The fact the CSS does look incomplete even after all the unlocks does provide a sign for me there are still more characters to come, as well as the fact that none of the characters have been found as trophies yet.

No word at all is the best evidence we have so far that he may very well come back. Let's not give up just yet!
Yes, I agree. I know that no one here wants to be let down (again.. and again) but there's definitely some hope left. We know why Mewtwo deserves a shot in the game, and they're all valid reasons. I have a hard time believing Sakurai would just ignore that, at least without saying a word. Until he gives a reason, or until the Wii U version comes out and DLC turns out to be untrue, I'd still have hope. Not due to denial, but common sense.

Ridley's shadow doesn't look downsized at all...and he stays in the air way too long to be playable.
Also doesn't he carry Pikachu? All those traits combined seems to me that whatever version of Ridley that is, he's a boss that flies around the stage, grabs you like an a-hole, racks up damage over time and possibly knocks you out of the stage if your damage is high enough, or if not, throws you quite a distance. Not to say that Ridley can't still be playable, but the Ridley in the Direct seems like a boss character.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I went to them with the information I had just received before tweeting it to ask them what I should do. In the end I made the decision (on my own) to tweet it to the public for "hype" purposes, both because I was hyped and I trusted my source. It appears as though they were streaming at the time that I had messaged them.

Details of the source's identity is not something I'm likely to discuss as it's irrelevant to the fact that I shot the information out prematurely. I'm taking responsibility for that.
That is perfectly understandable. You were hyped. We were all hyped. Some people still believe your information was correct and Mewtwo will be added with the release of the WiiU version. So I guess time will tell.

Also what time do you start steaming tonight? (sorry to go off topic)

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
You should have read the second post on the ridley thread, they calculated how big the model would have to be to cast such a shadow, and the answer is a tiny wincy bit bigger than bowser. Keep in mind that the lightsource on the map makes shadows look bigger than the model obviously, and there a re pictures with Rosalina's shadow (after jumping from a spring i believe) that is just as big as Ridleys general size. The smallest he has ever been, and perfectly fine as a playable size. Plus, Peach can and Pit could stay in the air that long. Peach with her floating mechanic and Pit with his Brawl Up-B. So, no he doesn't stay in the air for too long. But hey, we will see it once the Wii U gets out anyway. Let's just hope we get some more characters and that Mewtwo (and for me, Ridley) are among them.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
More than ever, I NEED Mewtwo. :mewtwomelee: I can't see how on earth, that even despite the "We're currently thinking about it" from Sakurai himself, Mewtwo wouldn't appear. Right now, the fate of Ridley, Dixie Kong and any other character hinges on Mewtwo. I don't want him now for just old times sake, and to be reassured, but I need to see more. I think that being DLC is the only way to see Mewtwo again. THEN the boy Roy with his Awakening costume now that Marth stole his clothes.:glare:

D

Deleted member 245254

That is perfectly understandable. You were hyped. We were all hyped. Some people still believe your information was correct and Mewtwo will be added with the release of the WiiU version. So I guess time will tell.

Also what time do you start steaming tonight? (sorry to go off topic)
I'm going live in a little less than an hour to do 1v1 local matches on the demo until the real game hits. I'll have a countdown running' on my stream.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727

Interesting. Well, glad to know you're keeping things professional.

Staarih

Smash Master
The Treehouse stream starts at 10 am PST, that's like 6 hours from now if I've figured it out correctly haha!

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
So it does start at 3am here then. Ugh, somebody said somewhere it started at 7pm JST which is 7.30pm here.

Oh well. I'll probably sleep a bit then get up and watch it.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
There'll be little to no point to watch this stream if we've already seen people stream the game yesterday, but that gives me the feeling that Nintendo has an ace up its sleeve for this situation; even if it isn't Mewtwo, I have a feeling something's gonna get revealed that we don't already know about.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
There'll be little to no point to watch this stream if we've already seen people stream the game yesterday, but that gives me the feeling that Nintendo has an ace up its sleeve for this situation; even if it isn't Mewtwo, I have a feeling something's gonna get revealed that we don't already know about.
Yeah I feel like if they didnt have anything new to show us they would have had this stream about 2 days ago before all these live streams

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I'm gonna go off an incredible limb here, but what if they reveal Mewtwo somewhere in the stream (japanese or american, maybe to promote something?) and blow all of our minds, especially those who've already given up.

CHAINSAWmuzik

Smash Cadet
Did anybody see today's PoTD? Sakurai just stated there will be patches and stuff so given how well it's been going for Mario kart8 I doubt nintendo would not do anything to rake in little more cash for such high demand characters

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
So a Dixie trophy was just unlocked. Thats strike one for the final 5. Im dreading the unlock of a Mewtwo trophy. I know he isn't in but the trophy would really just confirm it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom