• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I won't lose my faith in Mewtwo, there's absolutely no reason he shouldn't be in the game OTHER then to tempt fans with a very good looking DLC pack.

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
We should all go to Twitter and get Mewtwo to trend during Treehouse. Nintendo pays attention to social media stuff like that, but we should be respectful with our tweets so we come off as organized passionate fans. Tweet something like #Mewtwoforsmash4 or #WeWanMewtwo or something along those lines.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Perhaps. It'd make sense to put his face on DLC, it makes it much more tempting for a lot of fans want to get, and for us, well, we'll buy that **** on sight!
Perhaps, but I'd be pretty angry having to shell out for a content that should have been in the base game.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Perhaps. It'd make sense to put his face on DLC, it makes it much more tempting for a lot of fans want to get, and for us, well, we'll buy that **** on sight!
I usually don't buy in to corporate hype but... if Mewtwo's a DLC or in the Wii U version as an odd marketing incentive, I will be sure to do what I can to get him. If it means buying a Wii U and the game asap, I'm there, lol.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Where's youer dignity an' morals, mun?! Can't ya see they're usin' ya? Ya can't sit all tidy-like an' let 'em do this to ya!

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I usually don't buy in to corporate hype but... if Mewtwo's a DLC or in the Wii U version as an odd marketing incentive, I will be sure to do what I can to get him. If it means buying a Wii U and the game asap, I'm there, lol.
I already wanted both versions, so I have both systems. Who knows, maybe my friends theory was correct as: There are more characters, but you have to use the transfer to get early access of them (Mewtwo highly likely as one of them), but if you don't get both and only go with one, then you have to wait for a DLC pack several monthes later. Something along those lines.

Where's youer dignity an' morals, mun?! Can't ya see they're usin' ya? Ya can't sit all tidy-like an' let 'em do this to ya!
I only buy DLC I find necessary or interesting, and when it comes to Smash, well, it's all necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Mewtwo WILL be DLC. A payment DLC. He will prints money for Nintendo. And you know what? He will probably putted in a pack with other 2 stupid characters than nobody wants (like Squirtle & Ivysaur, or Roy & Young Link) just for increase the price. For play with Mewtwo again, we will probably must pay 12$...
You know, who in the world would buy Dr. Mario or Dark Pit DLC, while Mewtwo DLC...

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Questioning the legitamacy of the Neogaf post aside, heres how the Dlc might be handeld.

- both versions are going to have the same number of characters but the Wii U version will have the remaining 4 exclusivly while the 3ds is Dlc
- for 3ds users there are two options.
1. Buy the Dlc char pack for a resonable price; 5-10$
OR
2. If you also plan on getting the Wii U version then you can use the crosslink feature to download them for free.

Tasers

Smash Cadet
this thread should not be closed until we get a Mega Mewtwo Y or X trophy. Think about it, the trophies are meant to summarize ALL the popular Nintendo characters/material. Mewtwo is being upright ignored (which is VERY sketchy.) If himself or his mega evolutions show up as a trophy, he is deconfirmed. That is when this thread should be closed. I really want to see his mega evolution trophy show up, and the thing is I DOUBT IT WILL ;) (inb4 jynx)

Outlawstarx

Smash Cadet
this thread should not be closed until we get a Mega Mewtwo Y or X trophy. Think about it, the trophies are meant to summarize ALL the popular Nintendo characters/material. Mewtwo is being upright ignored (which is VERY sketchy.) If himself or his mega evolutions show up as a trophy, he is deconfirmed. That is when this thread should be closed. I really want to see his mega evolution trophy show up, and the thing is I DOUBT IT WILL ;) (inb4 jynx)
I think they posted a mewtwo y trophy already.....i think

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Mewtwo WILL be DLC. A payment DLC. He will prints money for Nintendo. And you know what? He will probably putted in a pack with other 2 stupid characters than nobody wants (like Squirtle & Ivysaur, or Roy & Young Link) just for increase the price. For play with Mewtwo again, we will probably must pay 12$...
You know, who in the world would buy Dr. Mario or Dark Pit DLC, while Mewtwo DLC...
Squirtle and Ivysaur are deconfirmed and Roy and Young Link are never coming back thanks to Lucina and Toon Link. If its anyone then Ridley, Dixie/K.Rool, and Chorus men are the most likely candidates.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Questioning the legitamacy of the Neogaf post aside, heres how the Dlc might be handeld.

- both versions are going to have the same number of characters but the Wii U version will have the remaining 4 exclusivly while the 3ds is Dlc
- for 3ds users there are two options.
1. Buy the Dlc char pack for a resonable price; 5-10$
OR
2. If you also plan on getting the Wii U version then you can use the crosslink feature to download them for free.
I like this. <3

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
If there IS DLC, it's worth noting that the final roster (including Miis) has SIX open spaces. Not five.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
I don't think Mewtwo could be deconfirmed if only his Mega forms are trophies though. Megas are Final Smashes for Charizard and Lucario but theres something I noticed in the stream. One of the leakers beat All star mode with Falco but instead of getting a trophy on his Final Smash. It was his Assault outfit color instead, Kinda like how it was in Melee. That must mean Mega Lucario and Carizard X are regular trophies.

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
I see this going three possible ways:

1. A cross platform update that launches simultaneously the day of release for the Wii U version, adding extra characters (and hopefully Mewtwo), for free.

2. A cross platform update that launches sometime in Q1-Q2 of 2015 that is either a free or paid DLC pack for both Wii U and 3DS.

3. A one-character-at-a-time update that starts on Wii U Versions launch day, that happens once every couple of months going foward, totaling 4 extra characters by Summer 2015

And of course the obligatory fourth option; 'None at all,' of course that one would be sad.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I saw the pic of the roster with everyone unlocked earlier (including Miis) it looks more like there's only 4 spaces left I believe

EDIT: Beaten to it lol

EDIT2: Wow Speed you liked that fast :O Living up to your name!

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I saw the pic of the roster with everyone unlocked earlier (including Miis) it looks more like there's only 4 spaces left I believe

EDIT: Beaten to it lol

EDIT2: Wow Speed you liked that fast :O
Yeah, sorry guys. Thought that was a completed roster pic. First I had seen with Miis since the whole "final roster" thing. :(

Naoshi

Yeah, sorry guys. Thought that was a completed roster pic. First I had seen with Miis since the whole "final roster" thing. :(
Eh with all of the characters in the roster, it's kind of easy to overlook a missing character to be fair!

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
EVERYONE, WAIT!!!
Sakurai had just confirmed that there IS a D1 patch (update) for the 3DS, and...YOU CAN ALREADY DOWNLOAD IT?! What's going on here? Why a D1 patch can be downloaded before the relase? And if... It adds something new, like fighters or something (maybe for avoid spoilers)?

Naoshi

EVERYONE, WAIT!!!
Sakurai had just confirmed that there IS a D1 patch (update) for the 3DS, and...YOU CAN ALREADY DOWNLOAD IT?! What's going on here? Why a D1 patch can be downloaded before the relase? And if... It adds something new, like fighters or something (maybe for avoid spoilers)?
Slow down there! It's a minor update. Don't get too excited, they wouldn't right away patch in new characters so soon lol

But yeah, good to see the game is getting patches though, even for other purposes.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I think I'll take my leave soon, it was a good chat with you all so I followed a bit of you, but either way it was a nice discussion. If Mewtwo does end up being DLC/Patch/Wii U Transfer/Whateverthe**** I hope this thread will get restarted or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom