• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
There were petitions last time. They were more for us than Nintendo.

I think the amount of money and interest Mewtwo could draw in as a DLC character is obvious to both Sakurai and Nintendo corporate. A petition is unnecessary.

Wii didn't have DLC. Wii U does. Also Mario Kart 8 already has DLC, character and stage DLC. So we know Nintendo is interested in doing it. We just need to show them its worth their time by showing them how many people are interested.

You are right that it is "obvious", but making dead sure it is obvious won't harm us, it can only help us.

Last edited:

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Quick question:did anyone get a Mewtwo,Ridley,Dixie or Chorus men trophy yet?Did anyone get a you have all trophies type of message?
Actually thats a good point though cause they may confirm/deconfirm characters :) but no i have only heard that there was a wolf throphy found so he is deconfirmed!

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Eventhough I signed it probably means nothing since Mewtwo could the 1st runner up for Dlc.

Sakurai was aware of His demand at E3 13 we know that, but both Nintendo and Gamefreak have to compliy to the demand aswell which what Sakurai could have meant with "We're considing it".

If both agree then Nintendo has the last say in Dlc happing in this game wether he likes it or not. He created this game but he dosnt own it nor the characters in it, Gamefreak wanted Greninja in this so he put him in without question, the same can be said for Mewtwo if GF wanted too. We know Mewtwo wasnt apart of the planned roster so him being added via Dlc makes sense.

Actually thats a good point though cause they may confirm/deconfirm characters :) but no i have only heard that there was a wolf throphy found so he is deconfirmed!
This, we also got Squirtle and Ivysaur off the bat, plus dosn't each version supposed to have exclusive trophies?

Last edited:

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
So im confused why the final 5 slots on the roster they cant just be nothing? Right? so they have to either be unlocked through crosslinking or throught DLC

Last edited:

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo has a lot of issues, but this isn't the proper thread for discussing them. Please go to the Light House or Nintenzone forum.

And again, some of you need to calm down. This is the final warning.
I know most of it was off topic, but I just was trying to calm down the anger and overreactions. That's all.

You know, I know your a moderator, but why do you think they have a lot of issues? I honestly think that's your problem if you think that. Maybe if people actually read blogs like Spiral Reverie or Matto's posts in Pieriotgaming, people would see the reality. Fine, kiss Sony and Microsofts *** then when they're nothing like they once were and Sony is not the Publisher it once was in the PS1 or PS2 days. But that doesn't excuse people acting like a bunch of tribalistic babies over a stupid gaming thing like the sports fans acting like a bunch of babies over their favorite team losing. Its part of life. I guess Sony is flawless then huh?

I'm just tired of all the posters making themselves look bad with all the whining and hate for a character not being playable. (Like what happened to the ridley thread) Amazing how one illegal leak and a person who did something illegal can create so much backfire and hate and ugly human emotions on so many threads.

Maybe its best to lock most of these threads for a while to let the dust settle. Everything needs a break and some nice fresh air or go play SNES or Sega Genesis to relive some great oldschool childhood classics. I can totally understand why you would to.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
So im confused why the final 5 slots on the roster they cant just be nothing? Right? so they have to either be unlocked through crosslinking or throught DLC
Space for Dlc most likely. Mewtwo and co seem like last minute additions and weren't a major priority for a "complete" roster so instead of delaying the game they should work on those characters after the Wii U version is out.

This situation could also be like the forbidden seven in Brawl, but this is 2014 so we shouldn't have that problem again!

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo not being in AGAIN just does not feel right. I will gladly sign the petition. I'd rather wait until after the Wii U version comes though.

Last edited:

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Eventhough I signed it probably means nothing since Mewtwo could the 1st runner up for Dlc.

Sakurai was aware of His demand at E3 13 we know that, but both Nintendo and Gamefreak have to compliy to the demand aswell which what Sakurai could have meant with "We're considing it".

If both agree then Nintendo has the last say in Dlc happing in this game wether he likes it or not. He created this game but he dosnt own it nor the characters in it, Gamefreak wanted Greninja in this so he put him in without question, the same can be said for Mewtwo if GF wanted too. We know Mewtwo wasnt apart of the planned roster so him being added via Dlc makes sense.

This, we also got Squirtle and Ivysaur off the bat, plus dosn't each version supposed to have exclusive trophies?
What do you mean squirtle and ivysaur? Were they trophys?

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Okay, I know I was the first to say that I would leave in shame if Mewtwo was not in SSB4, and I know I've been giving the reasons for my fears in the last few weeks, but it pains me all to see you like this. Let me give you just a glimmer of hope.

The longer we go without seeing a Mewtwo trophy, the better. A character that was planned for DLC would not receive a normal, low-poly trophy like the rest.
Wolf got a normal, low-poly trophy...:(

My disappointment is immense. There were only 4 things I wanted in Smash (please don't flag me for this but I'm going to post these in all 4 relevant threads to save time and express the same idea).

1. Wolf (by far my favorite smasher. By far my favorite part of Brawl)
2. Mewtwo (Brawl felt empty without him, would've rounded out the Pokemon roster perfectly)
3. Dixie (DKC2 was one of my favorite games as a very young kid. DK series needed love. She would've been my main without Wolf).
4. An uncloned Ganondorf.

I would've taken any of them and been plenty happy. Not even all. Just one would have been alright. Especially if it was Wolf. I know Sakurai doesn't cater to anyone, but my wishlist wasn't farfetched, or outrageous, or unreasonable, or unpopular.

I got none of them. All I got...was Dark Pit and Kid Icarus a**-kissing. I love Sakurai, but man did he blow off his fanbase. How do you expect to sell a game to consumers that you ignore? Especially when said game is the saving grace of your parent's company's flagship system? Yeah, not everyone is going to agree, but it wasn't even "not seeing eye to eye" about everything. It was ignoring most of the West's requests outright. And cutting some very beloved veterans. We had A LOT of requests...but those we really wanted stood out far and above the rest. And they weren't even acknowledged.

Here's hoping for DLC, otherwise, my hype train has kinda derailed.

Last edited:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
There are a lot of mysterious things about this being the final roster.

Why is there row misalignment?
Why is it oddly organized?
Why has Waddle Dee been completely removed from DeDeDe's moveset?
Why have certain well-recognized characters, such as Mewtwo, K. Rool, and Ice Climbers, failed to be alluded to in any way while characters they are related to have been revealed to be enemies or assists?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I know most of it was off topic, but I just was trying to calm down the anger and overreactions. That's all.

You know, I know your a moderator, but why do you think they have a lot of issues? I honestly think that's your problem if you think that. Maybe if people actually read blogs like Spiral Reverie or Matto's posts in Pieriotgaming, people would see the reality. Fine, kiss Sony and Microsofts *** then when they're nothing like they once were and Sony is not the Publisher it once was in the PS1 or PS2 days. But that doesn't excuse people acting like a bunch of tribalistic babies over a stupid gaming thing like the sports fans acting like a bunch of babies over their favorite team losing. Its part of life. I guess Sony is flawless then huh?

I'm just tired of all the posters making themselves look bad with all the whining and hate for a character not being playable. (Like what happened to the ridley thread) Amazing how one illegal leak and a person who did something illegal can create so much backfire and hate and ugly human emotions on so many threads.

Maybe its best to lock most of these threads for a while to let the dust settle. Everything needs a break and some nice fresh air or go play SNES or Sega Genesis to relive some great oldschool childhood classics. I can totally understand why you would to.
No company is perfect IMO. If you want me to give a deeper explanation feel free to PM me, as this has nothing to do with Mewtwo, hence why it belongs in the NIntenzone/Light House forums.

People are allowed to express their opinions, mods aren't the thought police. We do ask, however, that it's kept E-10+ Rated and stays respectful of one's fellow users, which I what I'm getting on people's cases about.

The Non-Confirmed characters threads/forums will be removed sometime within the next 12-24 hours or so.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Damn i have had a couple birthdays ruined now. I had one on 9/11 in 2001 and I AM NOT COMPARING THAT TO THIS IT WAS A 1000000x WORSE but also finding out This roster was final(as of right now) kinda put me in a bad mood for this one too. :(

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe this is the end. Mewtwo has far too much going for him not to come back. I'm taking it as a good sign that we still haven't heard or seen anything. I seriously doubt Sakurai would leave him out this time around when he's been planned for every game so far. Don't forget guys, Sakurai was the one that took the LIBERTY to respond with 'we're thinking about it!'
What if Sakurai doesn't even remember that Pokemon interview. Sakurai: "We're thinking about it." *forgets all about Mewtwo after 5 minutes.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
If by some chance Dlc is announced will they be back up then?

What if Sakurai doesn't even remember that Pokemon interview. Sakurai: "We're thinking about it." *forgets all about Mewtwo after 5 minutes.
I would question his directing skills. He'll remember anyways when the real backlash comes tomorrow.

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
Damn i have had a couple birthdays ruined now. I had one on 9/11 in 2001 and I AM NOT COMPARING THAT TO THIS IT WAS A 1000000x WORSE but also finding out This roster was final(as of right now) kinda put me in a bad mood for this one too. :(
I know it sucks but DON'T let it ruin your birthday! You being born is something to celebrate! :p

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
No company is perfect IMO. If you want me to give a deeper explanation feel free to PM me, as this has nothing to do with Mewtwo, hence why it belongs in the NIntenzone/Light House forums.

People are allowed to express their opinions, mods aren't the thought police. We do ask, however, that it's kept E-10+ Rated and stays respectful of one's fellow users, which I what I'm getting on people's cases about.

The Non-Confirmed characters threads/forums will be removed sometime within the next 12-24 hours or so.
? This thread is getting removed?

Where should we post if we want to talk about petition stuff and rallying for DLC? Is there a correct place for that once this thread gets removed?

Last edited:

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
Sad day. This final roster is very confusing. No Ice Climbers but we get Dark Pit and Doctor Mario? What? What is that? And saddest of all, no Mewtwo. I'm super conflicted because all of the new characters look fantastic, and I'm excited to play them, but I'm also really disappointed. I don't know to feel D:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I've always felt like Sakurai saying, "We're thinking about it," is a typical business answer. It doesn't mean they're in, but it doesn't mean they aren't in. I also thought that he answered because the ones who were actually asked couldn't respond on time.

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have a mock up roster of what it would look like with the final four? Would it fit nicely?

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
Ok I have a lot to explain with very little to explain about the whole situation. I'll be straight to the point.

I had a source that I had every right to believe was reliable (and although I'm pissed right now I won't do him the immature favor of **** shaming him).

I took a huge risk and went live with info that he passed me about Mewtwo being in. I wanted Mewtwo in as much as you guys, I said in several circumstances that I wanted him in really badly like on JapanTime. This person was in a position to truly have the knowledge to know if he was in, and I should have done more background checking on the information before I went live with it.

Obviously it wasn't true at this point and I am as pissed as you guys are about it because I was hyped too after I received the tip-off.

However, it's a game guys, and even though I am really soiled over what happened myself I'm hoping you'll forgive the false hype I caused. At the end of the day I let my hope and hype push me to trust someone I shouldn't have but felt I had every reason to.

I truly do apologize. The whole reason I went silent after the tweet was because it's Japan and it was at night during the whole thing. Could not monitor the entire info dump during the stream as I was with my wife and eventually, sleeping. I could only check every now and then on iPhone, but I didn't know anything more than that tip off and the credibility of the source who told me.

I'm sorry. This has been a huge lesson on the implications of my words, and I will exercise 100% caution in the future in order to regain your trust.
I am so sorry one of your sources did that to you. Even though this is a video game, your informant should know it's very dishonorable to lie, and try to talk to him why he lied to you. It's true that you've built up my hype at the last minute only for it to crumble down today, and I'm sorry for calling you fraudulent after ROB was unlocked on Gema's stream because I was also desperate and hyped like you were and acted on my emotions before I thought.

SS2000

Smash Apprentice
Well, so much for "the best character game". In the end, I think I feel far more dissatisfaction than satisfaction from Smash 4. There were only two things that I really wanted in Smash 4: The return of Mewtwo and a decloned Ganondorf. With that, I'd even be able to overlook a lot of other things bugging me like certain character cuts. It seems both of those common requests were just way too much to hope for.
As I look at the final roster (I'll view it as such until officially shown otherwise), I can't help but ask, "What were they thinking?" in regards to certain choices. I think it's safe to say if Wii Fit Trainer hadn't been included in the first place, there would be practically nobody at all asking, "Where's Wii Fit Trainer?" right now. The same could probably be said to a lesser extent about the likes of Duck Hunt and a few others. When I play, I have a preference to face actual people over CPUs, as do many others, and therefore will play most matches online, where customizable moves and Miis can't be used; it almost feels like including such things was a waste of time for that very reason. There are many things turning me away, with lack of Mewtwo being one of the big ones. I even feel like I would gladly trade customizable moves, Wii Fit trainer, Duck Hunt, Miis, Pac Man, Dr Mario, Dark Pit, Lucina, Lucario, Greninja, and Jigglypuff all for just Mewtwo and feel much happier with the end result. lol

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Sad day. This final roster is very confusing. No Ice Climbers but we get Dark Pit and Doctor Mario? What? What is that? And saddest of all, no Mewtwo. I'm super conflicted because all of the new characters look fantastic, and I'm excited to play them, but I'm also really disappointed. I don't know to feel D:
I'm with you on that one.

Probably coincidental but I switched most of my mains in P:M to the exact characters that I'm upset about losing: :mewtwopm::wolf::lucas:.

It's really bittersweet, I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around this whole ordeal. If Sakurai stated he dislikes clones, why would he go out of his way and re-instate clones in this new game, especially if there's a bigger development team (this is an assumption).

Only thing we can do is either hope the Wii U connectivity rumor is true, DLC is a reality (heck, Dry Bowser came back for MK8), or go back to Melee and P:M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom