• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Petitions aren't going to be necessary at this point, if you ask me. Sakurai is already well aware of how hyped these characters are.

We may see the full roster that was presented to us today, but that doesn't end it. For all we know, that crosslinking theory could be true. DLC could be a thing (albeit I wouldn't really like that).

It's not over until it's all 100% confirmed, said, done, and moved on from. We're probably at like 60%, 80% at the worst, and as long as we're 99% or below in terms of "completion" of knowledge of this game, there's a shred of hope.

I revoke my "giving up" of earlier today.

Ok thanks but whats crosslinking?
Edited into my previous post; it's linking the 3DS game to the WiiU game. Cross-console stuff.

Last edited:

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Not going to bother to respond to the rest of this apologist post, but this is the part I wanted to quote.

I’m 23, and was 17 when Brawl came out. I spent nearly a good third of my life on these various forums discussing these characters, arguing for K. Rool and Mewtwo. All I wanted were the most highly requested characters – I’m not over here asking for nobodies like, say, Birdo, Sylux, Dark Pit, Knuckles, Diglett, or Greninja.

Yes, I’m angry as hell that nearly a third of my life was wasted in anticipation of this game. My younger self thought the final Brawl reveal was disappointing, but that roster is golden compared to this.

Worse, I can’t entirely move on yet. Trust me, I’d love to leave this crappy game behind. I want to get past having to adhere to the whims of one man, but I still have to wait for the possibility of actual characters in the Wii U release. Yes, I’m aware that it will probably be the same and equally disappointing, but the fact there’s a possibility is just letting Sakurai drag out my misery for months, much like the infamous Ridley tease.
Our only hope is crosslinking or dlc! HOPE LIVES ON MY FRIENDS :)

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
It just really makes no sense from any standpoint. When you're trying to sell a game on a struggling console doesn't basic logic make you think to add the most requested character? Especially when said character has been a playable character before? Instead Sakurai chooses to bloat representation of his franchises in what can only be an effort to stroke his own ego.

But hey, I'm not the one developing one of the most anticipated games of the year, so what do I know?

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Petitions never work... Nintendo stated that it doesn't effect them.

It's not the petition itself, it's the possibility of income.

We got the GC adapter. It wasn't probably because of the petition thar barely reached the 5 digits, but that petition raised awareness and somehow Nintendo became aware of just how important GC controllers were to the Smash community. Otherwise you wouldn't be seeing the adapter being released on the same date as Smash Wii U, with a Smash GC controller. The adapter was made for this community just because we made them aware we wanted it and there was money to be gained from it.

Several things changed from the E3 demo too, things that didn't need to be changed and were only changed because of "popular demand" or consumer feedback. Things like lag after a throw were reduced and "regrab immunity" was given to the game. This is something that only the competitive community would care about and it was basically changed only because we made them aware we didn't like how it was before.

This petition is about making the aware that we want Mewtwo. Sure they probably already know. But we need to show them just how much money is in it.

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-a...c-to-super-smash-brothers-wii-u-and-3ds#share

Just sign, it might be a long shot, but it's worth a try ;).

PS: Companies might say: "Petitions don't change us". But I bet if you made a petition that said: "100 thousand people are willing to give you 5 dollars for free". Any company would take it. Obviously asking for Mewtwo is not "free" but I am just trying to explain that there's always a comparison between -How much effort is it going to cost us and how much money are we going to get from it? As long as the latter is enough, petitions will be at least taken into consideration.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
It's not the petition itself, it's the possibility of income.

We got the GC adapter. It wasn't probably because of the petition thar barely reached the 5 digits, but that petition raised awareness and somehow Nintendo became aware of just how important GC controllers were to the Smash community. Otherwise you wouldn't be seeing the adapter being released on the same date as Smash Wii U, with a Smash GC controller. The adapter was made for this community just because we made them aware we wanted it and there was money to be gained from it.

Several things changed from the E3 demo too, things that didn't need to be changed and were only changed because of "popular demand" or consumer feedback. Things like lag after a throw were reduced and "regrab immunity" was given to the game. This is something that only the competitive community would care about and it was basically changed only because we made them aware we didn't like how it was before.

This petition is about making the aware that we want Mewtwo. Sure they probably already know. But we need to show them just how much money is in it.

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-a...c-to-super-smash-brothers-wii-u-and-3ds#share

Just sign, it might be a long shot, but it's worth a try ;).
No means no.

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Petitions aren't going to be necessary at this point, if you ask me. Sakurai is already well aware of how hyped these characters are.

We may see the full roster that was presented to us today, but that doesn't end it. For all we know, that crosslinking theory could be true. DLC could be a thing (albeit I wouldn't really like that).

It's not over until it's all 100% confirmed, said, done, and moved on from. We're probably at like 60%, 80% at the worst, and as long as we're 99% or below in terms of "completion" of knowledge of this game, there's a shred of hope.

I revoke my "giving up" of earlier today.

Edited into my previous post; it's linking the 3DS game to the WiiU game. Cross-console stuff.
Well the crosslinking theory is ok with me cause im getting both versions anywway and that kinda makes sense cause they are struggling so of course they are gonna make us get both versions so they get more money!
Or the same could be said for DLC! maybe ridley, wolf and mewtwo (some of the most requested characters) will be in like a villian dlc pack or maybe because they didnt have time to finish them! Did we find out who those final 4/5 were on the roster?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
No means no.
You didn't say no and I wasn't addressing you.

Having real life examples of when "popularity" actually made something happen actually proves petitions do work. Even if it wasn't the petition itself that convinced Nintendo.

Last edited:

MathewRYF

Smash Cadet
NNID
MathewRYF
I agree with you both, through petitions, emails, videos, and social media posts that are directly sent to Nintendo, sakurai and namco bandai we can possibly make a change and we aren't civil or rational nobody will listen.
I may be able to come up with something, but I'm just one guy. It'll take more than me if we are to get anywhere. That being said, here are some suggestions I came up with, as well as some ideas already mentioned:
1. Call in campaign
2. A petition to get at least some of the veterans back
3. Find some way to convince Nintendo to let the fans fund the DLC (if it isn't planned already)
4. Find another method of using showing "The Big N" where the money is at (perhaps with actual money involved)
5. any combination of the above/all of the above

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You didn't say no and I wasn't addressing you.

Having real life examples of when "popularity" actually made something happen actually proves petitions do work. Even if it wasn't the petition itself that convinced Nintendo.
Ugh

Fine, I'll link this petition to a social thread, but don't blame me if it doesn't help.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Ugh

Fine, I'll link this petition to a social thread, but don't blame me if it doesn't help.

I am not blaming you, hahaha.

Honestly, I was just stating you never actually said "no". You just said you didn't think it would work and I was stating past examples where it did work.

Of course for it to work we would need a great number of signatures, which we may or may not get.

If you truly don't want to sign, you don't have to. I am not forcing you :p.

D

Deleted member

This makes me mad we get Dr.mario a cut character from melee and no Mewtwo on top of that they add dark pit and lucina as full blood clones and they cut wolf whos not just a dull clone what happened during development?

Last edited by a moderator:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I may be able to come up with something, but I'm just one guy. It'll take more than me if we are to get anywhere. That being said, here are some suggestions I came up with, as well as some ideas already mentioned:
1. Call in campaign
2. A petition to get at least some of the veterans back
3. Find some way to convince Nintendo to let the fans fund the DLC (if it isn't planned already)
4. Find another method of using showing "The Big N" where the money is at (perhaps with actual money involved)
5. any combination of the above/all of the above
Yeah Im setting up small petitions first then Im making one compiled with Wolf, Mewtwo, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Snake and Roy on it as a Bundle petition. Im going to take these to as many sites as I can and people are going to need to send out emails and tweets as much as they can.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
This makes me mad we get Dr.mario a cut character from melee and no Mewtwo on top of that they add dark pit and lucina as full blood clones and they cut wolf whos not just a dull clone what happened during development?
Sakurai happened, he always happens.

Great game designer for gameplay though.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Nintendo ingnoring petitions and fan criticisms is one of the many reasons Microsoft and Sony are still beating Nintendo's ass in the consol wars. Mewtwo, Ridley, and a third Dk rep need to be in now cause their probably wont be a Fith smash in the next 7+ years cause Nintendo will be dead by then.

Last edited by a moderator:

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
mewtwo, Ridley, and DK char not being in are definitley not the reason Nintendo has been having a rough time in the console market lately, also could we not use the word **** like that, **** is a serious violent crime that has large after effects on its survivors

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
It just really makes no sense from any standpoint. When you're trying to sell a game on a struggling console doesn't basic logic make you think to add the most requested character? Especially when said character has been a playable character before? Instead Sakurai chooses to bloat representation of his franchises in what can only be an effort to stroke his own ego.

But hey, I'm not the one developing one of the most anticipated games of the year, so what do I know?
Well, you see, the fans of this game buy absolutely anything with the franchise label outside of a whole 2% of people. Those 2% are then mocked and ridiculed by the 98%, so the logical business decision is to advertise what Nintendo wants to help save the failing Wii U.

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Im setting up small petitions first then Im making one compiled with Wolf, Mewtwo, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Snake and Roy on it as a Bundle petition. Im going to take these to as many sites as I can and people are going to need to send out emails and tweets as much as they can.
Ok nice i NEED WOLF, MEWTWO AND LUCAS back so just tag me in the post with links to them and i will sign them all :)

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
mewtwo, Ridley, and DK char not being in are definitley not the reason Nintendo has been having a rough time in the console market lately, also could we not use the word **** like that, **** is a serious violent crime that has large after effects on its survivors
Report him like i did then

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
You need to make the max a lot more than 100. 100 is way too few for anything.

if petition's actually worked. Reggie would be in this game.
He is though. He was chosen to portrays Mii specifically. Obviously Mii's were in the game before the petition even started but there's a reason Reggie was picked for the trailer and not just a really famous star. It's because he is popular among the Nintendo fan community. Popularity does make things happen. Otherwise we would have probably just gotten a trailer with something like AKB48 only world famous instead of just Japan.

Last edited:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace

He is though. He was chosen to portrays Mii specifically. Obviously Mii's were in the game before the petition even started but there's a reason Reggie was picked for the trailer and not just a really famous star. It's because he is popular among the Nintendo fan community. Popularity does make things happen.
he was in a trailer?? must have missed it then.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
he was in a trailer?? must have missed it then.
The Mii trailer is all about Reggie.

Also I'd like to point out that there are things that companies just won't do because its bad for business. Petitions aren't about getting a company to do whatever we want. It's about convincing them that a decision is profitable for their company. Something like getting Luke Skywalker into the game is nonsensical and would never happen. Getting Mewtwo back is actually quite easy for Nintendo so as long as we can show its worth it in terms of monetary gain, it's probably something they would be interested in.

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
This petition means nothing. It is way too late in the process. If they are already planningto release him at some point, then we will get him. Otherwise, we are not getting him.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Snake is a third party character. It ain't gonna happen if it hasn't already. For crying out loud...

And as big of a FE fan as I am, I am not signing anything with Roy's name on it. Literally THE most pointless addition to this roster that you could conceivably come up with. Even Pichu would have more going for him, imo... and I'm not saying I want Pichu, mind you!

I said it once; I'll say it again: the only past characters I care about are Wolf, Lucas, and Mewtwo. Wolf and Lucas apparently had several of their B moves stolen through custom moves, so whatever... Not likely. I did like Wolf quite a bit, but y'know. Anyway, Mewtwo's the big guy on campus. If you can't get signatures for Mewtwo, yeah.

Probably best to wait to send the petition until the WiiU version is out.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Quick question:did anyone get a Mewtwo,Ridley,Dixie or Chorus men trophy yet?Did anyone get a you have all trophies type of message?

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
I didn't say that, I said they wont be in the Next Smash cause there might not be one cause Nintendo might continue to struggle and adapt to the gaming industry and might not last another 7-10 years until they step up their game.

And I'm sorry for using an unpleasant figure of speech Mr. Sensitive report my ass if you want!

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
What happened to the remaining 4/5 characters on the motherf***er leaked CSS?

Mother****ing leaker was a liar. He was given pictures by a group that has already come forward and explained that they gave him those pictures, he knew nothing more than the exact pictures he posted.

MagnesD3

Smash Master

He is though. He was chosen to portrays Mii specifically. Obviously Mii's were in the game before the petition even started but there's a reason Reggie was picked for the trailer and not just a really famous star. It's because he is popular among the Nintendo fan community. Popularity does make things happen. Otherwise we would have probably just gotten a trailer with something like AKB48 only world famous instead of just Japan.
Im pretty sure its unlimited, it just says 99 needed for some reason. Im trying to figure out more info on it.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
There were petitions last time. They were more for us than Nintendo.

I think the amount of money and interest Mewtwo could draw in as a DLC character is obvious to both Sakurai and Nintendo corporate. A petition is unnecessary.

EDIT: I just remembered I still have that petition in my signature. I guess I'll remove it in mourning.

Last edited:

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
I think its possible that this there's more to this crosslinking than meets the eye. Strawgrasping? Perhaps. But it seems there's more to it than transferring your custom data between each version. They've been very vague about it and maybe we will in the future once the Wii U versions release date is announced. Hyrule Warriors is getting dlc and Mario Kart 8 is getting dlc already as we speak. Wouldn't surprise me if Smash Bros. eventually gets dlc. Maybe some of these characters they were going to have, but time constraints prevented them from completing them for the retail game, but were able to as future dlc.

Also, people really need to stop panicking about the Wii U version and your making it worse than it really is. Struggling my ***. Its now starting to hit its stride and I really like the system a lot. Smash bros. for Wii U will do fine, trust me. If you guys think it has no games and is dead, then that's your problem as it has gems like Wonderful 101, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3d world, Rayman Legends, Nintendo Land, and many more. Of course the virtual console games are solid as well as are some of the indie titles such as Shovel Knight. Matto and Benjamin Fennel of Twitter sum this overblown situation well and talk of the truth and that the Wii U is a good system.

Buying the same exact port of a one year old game (The Last of Us Remastered) didn't stop people from getting suckered in for some god knows reason. That doesn't stop people from thinking PS4 and Xbox one have good games when in reality they mostly have multiports that are also available on 360 and PS3. Just saying. In fact, Wii U's games (The exclusives) have sold really well and have sold better than PS4 or Xbox Ones despite selling less in terms of systems. So yeah, reality can bite us in the butt when getting caught up in the hype for those systems. Sorry, but its true. My point is, I find it ironic that no one complains about Xbox One or PS4 having mostly games available on other systems such as 360 and PS3. Those systems aren't doing that great. The PS4 in fact is doing HORRIBLE and I mean HORRIBLE in Japan. While the west for some reason was suckered in by the hype for it and are now some consumers are questioning why they bought it. The crowds reactions from both Sony and Microsoft's E3's sums up both of them. People were bored. For all the flack Nintendo is getting (Which is mostly undeserving), at least they showed the gameplay for the games, had a nice approach for this E3, and got to the POINT of what the game is about and the game makers inspiration and ambition with the games they're making, which I think is great and a thing of beauty. While all Sony and Microsoft mostly had was CGI, cutscenes, and MOAR CGI with little to no gameplay and not much explanation for the games.

Bit of advice guys, don't listen to the bull crap the gaming media has to say as its mostly overblown bias and being paid by the greedy third parties to give unrealistic review scores for games that people fall for. Remember what happened to Watch dogs?

Sorry if I'm ranting a bit, but I'm getting a little annoyed by all the people Panicking about the Wii U version of Smash Bros and just the bashing of Nintendo, the Wii U, and Sakurai in general. I just want to have fun here, socialize, get great Smash Bros. ideas, and have a nice time with people, not see a bunch of overblown reactions and moaning and whining about Nintendo, Sakurai, or thinking the game "Stinks LOL!" because your favorite character isn't in the game and that Sakurai should be fired and is a horrible man. Jeez guys, how tribalistic can some of you get? It really makes me want to leave for a while until the complaining dies down. Its really annoying me and disgusting me with some of the behaviors here on Smash Broads lately. I'm sorry. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I'm trying to offer some advice so no posters are turned off from coming here because no one likes that kind of stuff. Can't appease them all. Someone will always complain.

I like seeing some of the ideas from fans to, so it really saddens me even more seeing these reactions you know:ohwell:.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Nintendo has a lot of issues, but this isn't the proper thread for discussing them. Please go to the Light House or Nintenzone forum.

And again, some of you need to calm down. This is the final warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom