• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
this leak could be real, it could be fake... i don't believe anything on 4chan since well... trolls rule there.... on one hand - mewtwo and ridley. on the other.... im seriously wanting lucas, wolf, and ice climbers to stay. (fox needs an enemy, lucas because mother 3 is one of my favorite games... EVER. and ice climbers because well, they have stayed since melee, no reason i can see for them to be cut)
im hoping no one beyond squirtle and ivysaur gets the axe... but meh.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
this leak could be real, it could be fake... i don't believe anything on 4chan since well... trolls rule there.... on one hand - mewtwo and ridley. on the other.... im seriously wanting lucas, wolf, and ice climbers to stay. (fox needs an enemy, lucas because mother 3 is one of my favorite games... EVER. and ice climbers because well, they have stayed since melee, no reason i can see for them to be cut)
im hoping no one beyond squirtle and ivysaur gets the axe... but meh.
Because grabing 0 to death% is a very huge reason to cut them. Their grab gimmick overall has been needed to be balanced for a while, no matter how much hype it brought to Melee & how weak sauce it felt in competitive Brawl.

Tiny things like this is what helps me believe Mewtwo will get some changes.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Because grabing 0 to death% is a very huge reason to cut them. Their grab gimmick overall has been needed to be balanced for a while, no matter how much hype it brought to Melee & how weak sauce it felt in competitive Brawl.

Tiny things like this is what helps me believe Mewtwo will get some changes.
oh if mewtwo returns he WILL get changes to better show off its power without being too op. i dont normally follow tiers, but if mewtwo needs to be believeable it needs to be higher tier than it was in melee. not saying meta knight broken, but enough to where more people use him competetively (i probably wont be playing competitively though. :p)

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
oh if mewtwo returns he WILL get changes to better show off its power without being too op. i dont normally follow tiers, but if mewtwo needs to be believeable it needs to be higher tier than it was in melee. not saying meta knight broken, but enough to where more people use him competetively (i probably wont be playing competitively though. :p)
That's understandable. Mewtwo's got this, & to consider for smashers & people who just pick up the game to play, they'd want all pokemon to be balanced around the same level much like other series would do. No more of this "I'm picking Pichu because I can make Mewtwo look bad hehehahaha".

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
After Mega Evolution became a thing, Mewtwo's become the most powerful Pokemon (after Mega Evolving technically. BST of 780 vs Arceus' 720)

Even though BST's from Pokemon don't matter here, Mewtwo could be made to look and play a bit more powerfully in Sm4sh.

Especially if he Mega Evolves.

The most powerful legendary should have legendary aesthetics (not overhyped compared to everyone else, necessarily, but I wouldn't complain) >:3

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
That's understandable. Mewtwo's got this, & to consider for smashers & people who just pick up the game to play, they'd want all pokemon to be balanced around the same level much like other series would do. No more of this "I'm picking Pichu because I can make Mewtwo look bad hehehahaha".
if it were the slightest bit realistic mewtwo would turn the little pichu into ash. :p
smash isnt really realistic, otherwise characters like mewtwo and samus would have insanely unfair advantages over everyone else

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
As long as Mewtwo feels better played than his Melee game-play, I'd finally be at ease for the character. Losing to baby pokemon as a legendary powerful pokemon was, embarrassing.
if it were the slightest bit realistic mewtwo would turn the little pichu into ash. :p
smash isnt really realistic, otherwise characters like mewtwo and samus would have insanely unfair advantages over everyone else
Lol my now-recent post indirectly answers your reply. XD Re-posting:
As long as Mewtwo feels better played than his Melee game-play, I'd finally be at ease for the character. Losing to baby pokemon as a legendary powerful pokemon was, embarrassing.

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I bet Sakurai is gonna have like a huge load released off of him when Mewtwo's announced. :p

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
As long as Mewtwo feels better played than his Melee game-play, I'd finally be at ease for the character. Losing to baby pokemon as a legendary powerful pokemon was, embarrassing.:
And legendary pokemon teams can lose because of a shuckle, same thing.

Tomorrow's the day. I have this sledgehammer ready for your face if your insane prediction ends up wrong, @ Skyblade12 Skyblade12 >:]

just kidding, I won't mash your face with a sledgehammer, lol. But I will be slightly disappointed.

Last edited:

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice

Tomorrow's the day. I have this sledgehammer ready for your face if your insane prediction ends up wrong, @ Skyblade12 Skyblade12 >:]

just kidding, I won't mash your face with a sledgehammer, lol. But I will be slightly disappointed.
Le sigh...it was a PREDICTION. It's very likely he'll be wrong. If he isn't, and some character (regardless of it being Mewtwo or not) is revealed, I'll come back and apologize. :p

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace

Shuckle is not a baby pokemon. Over ruled~:troll:
Le sigh...it was a PREDICTION. It's very likely he'll be wrong. If he isn't, and some character (regardless of it being Mewtwo or not) is revealed, I'll come back and apologize. :p
He said that Mewtwo will be.

Last edited:

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Shuckle is not a baby pokemon. Over ruled~:troll:

He said that Mewtwo will be. Prediction =/= claimed statement.
But even so, he had no evidence to support it. It was just a random statement. It's like me saying, "Hey guys, Sakurai is gonna reveal Duck Hunt Dog in an hour".

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
.........I'm seriously lost....
Don't be. Godspeed to you.:troll: Mewtwo knows the way. He's pointing you towards the way. It's in this thread.
But even so, he had no evidence to support it. It was just a random statement. It's like me saying, "Hey guys, Sakurai is gonna reveal Duck Hunt Dog in an hour".
Yes, but in a Mewtwo thread, it's not the same when you claim that Mewtwo will be announced this Wednesday, putting emphasis on the "will". You saying, "Hey guys, Sakurai is gonna reveal Duck Hunt Dog in an hour" is just funny because you'd be in the wrong place & the wrong time saying it, then I'd smile because it was humorous.:laugh:

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Don't be. Godspeed to you.:troll: Mewtwo knows the way. He's pointing you towards the way. It's in this thread.

Yes, but in a Mewtwo thread, it's not the same when you claim that Mewtwo will be announced this Wednesday, putting emphasis on the "will". You saying, "Hey guys, Sakurai is gonna reveal Duck Hunt Dog in an hour" is just funny because you'd be in the wrong place & the wrong time saying it, then I'd smile because it was humorous.:laugh:
Freakin' ohmahgawsh, be realistic. I know we want Mewtwo back and all, but don't believe a random thing somebody says, unless it's from an official source (which even then, information could still change). Take what I said about Bayonetta for instance. I said "it's possible" she could be revealed in the Bayonetta Direct on Thursday, but I do not know. Nobody knows, except for a select few at Nintendo. Now take a look at Skyblade. He made a random statement saying "Mewtwo WILL be revealed tomorrow", and that was it. Is everyone on the internet seriously this gullible nowadays? Does everyone only believe what they want to hear? Jeez....

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
....I've never seen Skyblade post that prediction.
That's why I was lost.
Yep, I predicted the 3rd. I figured one month exactly from the US release, and ten days from the Japanese release (as we got with Ganondorf's reveal in Hyrule Warriors) was the most likely time.

Sort of figuring it'll be pushed to Monday now. But it's still happening.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Yep, I predicted the 3rd. I figured one month exactly from the US release, and ten days from the Japanese release (as we got with Ganondorf's reveal in Hyrule Warriors) was the most likely time.

Sort of figuring it'll be pushed to Monday now. But it's still happening.
....but why Mewtwo?
Why not Ridley?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Freakin' ohmahgawsh, be realistic. I know we want Mewtwo back and all, but don't believe a random thing somebody says, unless it's from an official source (which even then, information could still change). Take what I said about Bayonetta for instance. I said "it's possible" she could be revealed in the Bayonetta Direct on Thursday, but I do not know. Nobody knows, except for a select few at Nintendo. Now take a look at Skyblade. He made a random statement saying "Mewtwo WILL be revealed tomorrow", and that was it. Is everyone on the internet seriously this gullible nowadays? Does everyone only believe what they want to hear? Jeez....
????Relax hotness, I'm just egging you.:yoshi2: I'm well aware of this yet you make me out like I'm eggstremely gullible & that I 'believe' it. I'm not even the original person you quoted & you're giving me a lecture, Liquid's post was a joke. Damndify. . .

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
This would make a lot of sense, considering the fact Mega Mewtwo Y has a tremendous defence nerf when it Mega Evolves.
But of course, it's power and speed are off the charts, one uping Deoxys-A is quite the tremendous feat.
Deoxys-A is still faster though, and with Mewtwo Y's defense nerf that makes it even easier for said Deoxys to OHKO on first turn... The Y form surpassing Deoxys-A in special attack is impressive, yeah, but that's about the only thing it's got over the poke-alien. If it had been up to me, both of Mewtwo's megaforms would've been at least equal to Deoxys-A in speed.

Guys, there's a Bayonetta Direct on Thursday.

(Look on Nintendo's site, I can't post links yet)

If I remember correctly, some dude on here (don't remember his name, had some sort of MLP avatar) predicted that Mewtwo would be revealed on Wednesday. This Direct is on Thursday. Is it possible Bayonetta could be in Sm4sh and Mewtwo will be shown-off in her trailer, if there is one? I mean, this Direct is happening literally one day after the predicted day. It's kinda strange...

Oh, and by the way, just to put this out there, I totally believe the cloud theories about the Greninja trailer. That one cloud looks a LOT like Mewtwo, especially with the change in lighting in that one area.
Strangely enough, Mewtwo being revealed alongside Bayonetta or not too long after her direct wouldn't be that hard for me to believe, not that I'm counting on it.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
....but why Mewtwo?
Why not Ridley?
It's both. I'm guessing the final trailer is a reveal trailer of Ridley. He is, from all accounts I've heard, the most requested newcomer (especially among those remaining). It makes sense to reveal him right before launch. Since Mewtwo is a veteran, he needs to show up in the trailer for another newcomer. Thus, the most hyped character period gets put in with the most hyped newcomer. Epic trailer awaits.

Bayonendo

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't say "it's possible"...I'd say it's "more than likely". But hey, it's not like anyone is going to believe me.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Deoxys-A is still faster though, and with Mewtwo Y's defense nerf that makes it even easier for said Deoxys to OHKO on first turn... The Y form surpassing Deoxys-A in special attack is impressive, yeah, but that's about the only thing it's got over the poke-alien. If it had been up to me, both of Mewtwo's megaforms would've been at least equal to Deoxys-A in speed.

Strangely enough, Mewtwo being revealed alongside Bayonetta or not too long after her direct wouldn't be that hard for me to believe, not that I'm counting on it.
Oh snap. xD Deoxys is faster. What am I thinking?

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
????Relax hotness, I'm just egging you.:yoshi2: I'm well aware of this yet you make me out like I'm eggstremely gullible & that I 'believe' it. I'm not even the original person you quoted & you're giving me a lecture, Liquid's post was a joke. Damndify. . .
Sorry, I'm just a little stressed-out right now. Forgive me.
I wouldn't say "it's possible"...I'd say it's "more than likely". But hey, it's not like anyone is going to believe me.
And what the crap do you mean by that?!?

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Sorry, I'm just a little stressed-out right now. Forgive me.
No problem. You are easily forgiven.:shades:
Welcome to Smashboards.:shades:
~Thanks for Joining~
Also be sure to discuss more about Mewtwo. Your future posts here need more Mewtwo.:shades: And don't double or triple post. Edit your posts instead.
And @ The Quarter Master The Quarter Master , edit your 1st post made 5 mins ago & add your 2nd post to that. Report your own 2nd post afterwards for Mewtwo.:mewtwopm:

I'm sounding like a mod somewhat. . .

C3CC

Smash Lord
I know I'm kind of alone in this, but if Mewtwo came back exactly as his Melee iteration, I wouldn't be angry. Sure, many things can be improved, but if he's an exact copy I won't care. I'll just be happy he returned. Besides, I don't play competitively and I can say I'm pretty decent using Mewtwo in Melee.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I know I'm kind of alone in this, but if Mewtwo came back exactly as his Melee iteration, I wouldn't be angry. Sure, many things can be improved, but if he's an exact copy I won't care. I'll just be happy he returned. Besides, I don't play competitively and I can say I'm pretty decent using Mewtwo in Melee.
You're not alone, other posts in Mewtwo's thread sound exactly like yours. When I first came to Mewtwo's thread seeing posts like this, It irked me, but later on I learned to accept them. Because hypothetically speaking, anyone would want the same as long as he gets in.

But I'm fairly positive this will not be the case. If Mewtwo is returning he's very likely to get some changes to his move-set. Mewtwo may be a Melee veteran like Dr. Mario is, & those leaks appear mostly correct, but Mewtwo is not possible to logically be a alternate costume like Dr.Mario or Dark Pit can be. That said, if Sakurai was willing to make Lucina play different in contrast to Marth than being just a gender swap costume, Mewtwo will get changes to his character move-set.

Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Lucina, & Charizard for his history alongside Mewtwo, all help the reason that Mewtwo is likely to return in Sm4sh & 5mash.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Just give Mewtwo a bit more weight and a tweaked Side and Down B, then I'm good to go.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
The Metroid fans should be pleased enough with that PotD AND this one in the spoiler:

@ Skyblade12 Skyblade12
Dat ain't Mewtwo....
The similarity of this? MEWTWO CAN GET 8 PALETTES WOO HOO!

EDIT: The hype of 8 PALETTE SWAPS IS TOO REAL! POST YOUR 8 PALETTE IDEAS SINCE THIS IS HYPE!

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
What would they all be besides the red, green (shiny form), and blue team ones though? I guess we could probably expect a dark palette one that kinda makes Mewtwo resemble a Shadow Pokemon, but what else?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
What would they all be besides the red, green (shiny form), and blue team ones though? I guess we could probably expect a dark palette one that kinda makes Mewtwo resemble a Shadow Pokemon, but what else?
So here's 8 ideas:
  • Default Mewtwo
  • Red (not needed due to color outlines being Team Battle's new thing)
  • Blue (not needed due to color outlines being Team Battle's new thing)
  • Green (not needed due to color outlines being Team Battle's new thing BUT is his Shiny color so most likely will be in)
  • Pink (for character referencing to Mew being it's original being)
  • Armored Mewtwo from Strikes Back!
  • Shadow Mewtwo (to give off a more darker look to originate to the spin-off pkmn games involving Shadow Pokemon plot)
  • Mirage Mewtwo (for a more transparent white look also referencing to the Master of Mirage pokemon movie)

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
My predictions:
1) Default (Purple)
2) Shiny (Green Tail, and rep. first gen game)
3) Stadium (Black Tail)
3) Game Boy (Gray Tail, resemblance his sprite in G/B/R)
4) Mew (Pink)
5) Yellow (Pokemon Yellow sprite)
6) Original Artwork (purple/white tail. No other changes)
7) Red (not necessary, but rep. first gen game)
8) Blue (not necessary, but rep. First gen game).

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Oh yeah, good call on the pink for Mew reference (@ all who mentioned it). Love the idea of the Mirage Mewtwo one especially.

If the armor from the anime's an alt costume then hell yeah, but I don't think it'd translate too well as a mere palette swap, unless the palette is just Mewtwo being more gray and the tail being gray like the armor itself is, but meh.

In Melee all the palettes kept the same purple eyes, but the Shadow Mewtwo one should be the only one that changes eye color, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom