• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
"However, this mode will be incomplete until you've unlocked every fighter... Until then, you can only play against characters that are already available. This is a picture of the bottom-screen menu, with a padlock indicating that the mode is still incomplete."

EVEN IF THE LEAKED CHARACTERS WERE UNLOCKED VIA DEBUG, IF HE HAD THE ENTIRE ROSTER THE PADLOCK SHOULD NOT HAVE SHOWN UP.

GET.

****ING.

HYPE.
Well, I'm certainly hyped. That's for sure.

THANK YOU BASED SAKURAI, JUST DON'T LET US DOWN NOW!

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Yes!Great POTD!Now really secret message...I mean there's so many words in that how do you even...sigh.

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
So the PoTD is interesting. It's the All-Star Mode leak pic. If I didn't know any better I'd say Nintendo was trying to reiterate, passive aggressively so, that the leaked characters aren't all of it. Can't wait to see who else will be there ;)

I was about to post that XD

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
damn i remember arguing with you beause i said i didnt think mewtwo would make it in. you basically told me i was an idiot and he was gonna be in lol. sad to see even the most optimistic mewtwo fans do a 180
It's been a roller coaster ride. Up and down, up and down. Call me bipolar, but it's just been so long now. I'm just tired. I want to get off Mr. Sakurai's Wild Ride :(

But...

While I was waiting for my internet to get cut off (might happen any time between now and 5 more hours), HOPE WAS CONFIRMED. Where were you when hope was confirmed? Thank you, based Sakurai. Don't let me down, buddy!

pokeman2223

Smash Cadet
i really want mewtwo but other then that secret message that's fake we don't have any clues that mewtwos in so maybe we can calm down and find TRUE clues that mewtwos in

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Sakurai did a great job smashing the downers that said the leaked roster was completed today. I was already sure there was more characters but this just confirms it.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
So the PoTD is interesting. It's the All-Star Mode leak pic. If I didn't know any better I'd say Nintendo was trying to reiterate, passive aggressively so, that the leaked characters aren't all of it. Can't wait to see who else will be there ;)

ONLY DBZ CAN REPRESENT MY LEVEL OF

HYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!!!!!!!!

On another note: Assemble my army of Mewtwo collectible owners! ASSEMBLE! We will use our 1999 Burger King toys to ensure Mewtwo's addition!

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He was 'thinking about it'. He was bloody 'THINKING' 'ABOUT' 'IT'.

Now it should happen.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Guys!! I figured it out. Sakurai put a secret message in today's Pic Of The Day. I found it!!!

I can't even read the secret message

But mewtwo is back on top again

Hes one of the not revealed is very likely just move ROB or DHD next to ness or shulk when mewtwo is unlocked.

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait to sit in a game for 20 hours once I get Smash 4 to see if Mewtwo is in the game.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I can't wait to sit in a game for 20 hours once I get Smash 4 to see if Mewtwo is in the game.
I plan on just looking it up to save time. :bee:

But if he is in, I'll be borrowing my brother's 3DS to unlock him very soon after getting the game.

Last edited:

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
I´m very sure Mewtwo is in DLC or unlockable. Sakurai said he wants to bring us the best quality of the game. But put in Dr. Mario from the forbidden 7 and no Mewtwo who is the most requested character would make so much gamers angry. I doubt Sakurai is so stupid and put only Dr. Mario in because of Dr. Luigi. That´s senseless in my opinion.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I personally don't think the potd confirms Mewtwo. It does raise his chances but if you think that he is confirmed now then you're only setting yourself up for disappointment if he doesn't end up making it.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
No it didn't?

Can someone please explain how this POTD helps Mewtwo?
It supports the idea that the leaked roster is incomplete, as the leaked images featured a picture of an All-Star mode with that locked symbol on it, which we now know means that the roster is not fully unlocked. Assuming that the leaked images all came from the same game data, that would mean that the roster that was leaked alongside the locked All-Star picture is not the final roster.

And if it's not the final roster, then Mewtwo's chances are extraordinarily high.

Dratnell

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dratnell-92
3DS FC
4270-2473-1284
No it didn't?

Can someone please explain how this POTD helps Mewtwo?
Well basically the fact that the leak that showed All Star Mode and the locked icon proved that the 48 character roster leak
was not the complete roster. There was also a leak that surfaced before the ESRB leak that confirmed Shulk, Duck Hunt Dog, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, and Bowser Jr. That same leak also had the names of Ridley, Dixie Kong, Chorus Men, and of course... Mewtwo. This led to people thinking Mewtwo is 100% confirmed, but of course, we know nothing until September 13th.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Well basically the fact that the leak that showed All Star Mode and the locked icon proved that the 48 character roster leak
was not the complete roster. There was also a leak that surfaced before the ESRB leak that confirmed Shulk, Duck Hunt Dog, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, and Bowser Jr. That same leak also had the names of Ridley, Dixie Kong, Chorus Men, and of course... Mewtwo. This led to people thinking Mewtwo is 100% confirmed, but of course, we know nothing until September 13th.
Oh
My
God.

MEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWO

YEYEYEYEYEYEYEYYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYYEYEY OH HELL YEAH!

Offtopic : I think Sakurai used the PoTD as a smart way of replying to the leak.
Off off topic : THIS THREAD IS ALMOST AT 10000 REPLIES!

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041

Oh
My
God.

MEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWO

Sorry to burst your bubble guys but the ESRB leak did not mention Mewtwo at all. There has been no mention of Mewtwo or any characters not included in the CSS leak by any credible source.

I would love for it to be different but all we have going at the moment is that Mewtwo has not been deconfirmed and there will probably be more characters from what we have seen in the leak.

Dratnell

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dratnell-92
3DS FC
4270-2473-1284
Oh
My
God.

Offtopic : I think Sakurai used the PoTD as a smart way of replying to the leak.
Off off topic : THIS THREAD IS ALMOST AT 10000 REPLIES!
Lmao, I'm not one to kill hype, but don't get your hopes too high and take nay leak with an ample amount of salt. I hope Mewtwo makes the cut, he has the fan base, the legacy, and he's unique enough to be brought back as a veteran.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Sorry to burst your bubble guys but the ESRB leak did not mention Mewtwo at all. There has been no mention of Mewtwo or any characters not included in the CSS leak by any credible source.

I would love for it to be different but all we have going at the moment is that Mewtwo has not been deconfirmed and there will probably be more characters from what we have seen in the leak.
Way to ruin my optimism.

Dratnell

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dratnell-92
3DS FC
4270-2473-1284

I never said the ESRB leak mentioned Mewtwo, it was actually one of the 4Chan leaks that had the list with Mewtwo. That leak was posted before the ESRB leak and matched up with the Ninka/Vaanrose leak. I'm also not claiming these leaks as fact, it's very possible somebody just copied the Ninka leak and added highly requested characters just to create hype, but keep in mind the 4Chan leak was made at a point in time when everybody thought the Ninka leak was a total fraud.

Dratnell

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dratnell-92
3DS FC
4270-2473-1284
Still wondering what the "?" On Mewtwo meant on the 4 chan leak that showed the cut characters
Same here man. Could be that they know Mewtwo is in the game, but they haven't unlocked him yet to confirm him, that's what I always thought, but that's sort of wishful thinking. lol

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Call me crazy, but I'm the type who'd rather have his optimism shattered at the very end, regardless of how illogical it is, especially in this case.

My faith won't be wavered unless the game itself releases without Mewtwo.

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I never said the ESRB leak mentioned Mewtwo, it was actually one of the 4Chan leaks that had the list with Mewtwo. That leak was posted before the ESRB leak and matched up with the Ninka/Vaanrose leak. I'm also not claiming these leaks as fact, it's very possible somebody just copied the Ninka leak and added highly requested characters just to create hype, but keep in mind the 4Chan leak was made at a point in time when everybody thought the Ninka leak was a total fraud.
Ah, sorry it is 4am here in Australia and Im kinda tired.

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
With today's POTD we learn the meaning of the padlock... The ESRB video had All-Star mode incomplete and one can assume that at least one more character is missing in the leaked roster. Mewtwo, Wolf, another clone or a single series rep could fit the leaked roster without disturbing the order of the characters' portrait. Plus Mewtwo is the most requested character in both America and Japan so I believe he is first in the line in case the leaked roster isn't final... But with Sakurai you never know.

Solar Crimson

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolarCrimson
3DS FC
1504-6082-4629
The All-Star padlock does help things, but there's speculation that the leaker took the pics (of the roster and of his locked All-Star mode) at different times.

At this point, I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst regarding Mewtwo (along with the Ice Climbers and Wolf).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom