• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Yes. Personally, I would replace one of Mewtwo's less viable moves with Psystrike.
That's what I'm sayin. Disable was cool, while Mewtwo being a special fighter with ranged attacks, his Disable's range was quite poor to for a pokemon play-style like Mewtwo's. Confusion made a little bit of sense because command grabs are always welcome in my book.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
B: Shadow ball
Side B: Psystrike
down B: psychc
Pretty much this would be great. To me, recoveries aka UpB's are more memorable out of the whole specials list of attacks. Therefore I'd keep Teleport.

I used to not like when people would bring up, "But Mewtwo can't learn that move so he shouldn't be using it in Smash"
Now the dev team / Sakurai are making more sense with the games logic now with Flare Blitz kudos to Charizard for that. So now Idk

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Pretty much this would be great. To me, recoveries aka UpB's are more memorable out of the whole specials list of attacks. Therefore I'd keep Teleport.

I used to not like when people would bring up, "But Mewtwo can't learn that move so he shouldn't be using it in Smash"
Now the dev team / Sakurai are making more sense with the games logic now with Flare Blitz kudos to Charizard for that. So now Idk
Pikachu still has Skull Bash...

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Pikachu still has Skull Bash...
It's staying too. . .

I don't get why it's not volt tackle. But that's a discussion best posted in the Pikachu thread.
why not its down b? disable was useless anyway.
I was saying earlier that I'd want disable gone the most out of Mewtwo's specials. It had a good effect when it alanded but Mewtwo isn't the one to be close range, moreless mid-range. Then again he has a command grab SideB so my post is moot.

Still think that his DownB should be something new like everyone else's ideas. I want my idea the most however.

EDIT: It's not canon to Nintendo, but Project M Mewtwo's Disable is very useful. Owell

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
It's staying too. . .

I don't get why it's not volt tackle. But that's a discussion best posted in the Pikachu thread.

I was saying earlier that I'd want disable gone the most out of Mewtwo's specials. It had a good effect when it alanded but Mewtwo isn't the one to be close range, moreless mid-range. Then again he has a command grab SideB so my post is moot.

Still think that his DownB should be something new like everyone else's ideas. I want my idea the most however.

EDIT: It's not canon to Nintendo, but Project M Mewtwo's Disable is very useful. Owell
was thinking mewtwo could be a projectile fighter.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
was thinking mewtwo could be a projectile fighter.
I see that working out. Mewtwo doesn't really need to make a close-combatant choice realistically. Mid-range is a good play-style on paper for a character idea like Mewtwo's. Femtwo from M16 made close-combat counterattacks look good that time around so that's the most close-quarters I see.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Anyone think Barrier would be a good move for down b? Or maybe Reflect?

Also, what if both Megas got Final Smashes and had movesets? (Similar to current Megas/Wario Man)

Mega X (Psychic/Fighting)
(Extremely brutal "GET IN THERE AND REK EVERYTHING" fighter. Far more combo based, maintaining some ranged attacks, as well. )

-Jab (A): Power-Up Punch Combo: Power-Up Punch gets more powerful when used in succession, so having Mega X hit 3 times as the default combo, with each hit getting more powerful, it could make some sense.

-Up Tilt: Brick Break?

-Side Tilt: Poison Jab

-Down Tilt: Low Sweep

-Up Smash: Stone Edge/Rock Smash? (Not quite sure about this one. It'd be an uppercut of sorts, but Sky Uppercut isn't normally a thing for Mewtwo)

-Side Smash: Strength

-Down Smash: Bulldoze (Similar to Wario's PM Down Smash; attack everything on both sides of you in close range)

-Neutral B: (Charge) Focus Blast

-Up B: Teleport (Maybe with more offensive capabilities upon exiting? I dunno)

-Side B: Aerial Ace (yes, Mewtwo can learn this move) Works similar to Fox/Falco side B?

-Down B: Facade (A counter, even though Facade isn't really a counter move)

Someone else think of a Mega Y moveset; I'm tired after this one.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Wouldn't it be epic to have a trailer where Lucario and Mewtwo fight and they both get the final smash at the same time and transform to Mega to keep the fighting going only to be stopped by Jigglypuff :D
I think it would be more fitting if they were stopped by Mew, even though Mew's only a pokeball. They just stop and look up at Mew as it floats off into neverland... Then one of them sucker punches the other, and they continue fighting.

Us knowing this it does make my previous post odd when saying it's far fetched, yet I say that from the hindsight success rate that Mewtwo got to be playable in Smash overall.
1/3 games is a bad score.:(

:shades: Discussion is a success.
Another topic: MegaMewtwoX

Super Smash Brothers is a fighting game. Pokken Tournament is a fighting game. Not just because MMX is a dual type Psychic/Fighting pokemon making sense for him to be in both fighting games, but I actually see MMX being in both games, especially included in SSB4 & 5 with MMY as the more prominent pushed form out there in terms of recency & promotion.

If MiiFighters & Palutena get so much content & elements to them, what's to say Mewtwo can't be seen using both forms like Charizard could?
Like a lot of others something tells me Mewtwo X would only be a boss in Pokken Tournament, so we'd be lucky to even have the normal one as playable there, which I'd still dig, though I don't think this is exactly the place to talk about that game.

On Smash moveset talk, yeah. I'd love to see Mewtwo's barrier in some form, even if it only replaced the regular shield animation like Yoshi's egg.

JanitorOfHyrule

Smash Cadet
NNID
JanitorOfTermina
I know we all want him but seriously we already have Lucario i doubt Mewtwo will make an appearance in any smash game again. Plus the next smash game after 4 if there is one Greninja will be cut and replaced with a gen 3 pokemon due to Omega Ruphy and Alpha Sapphire coming out in 2014 and by my guess the next smash game we will be getting is in 2017 or 2018.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
While I'm sure that there's another topic for this, I'm not too sure about your Smash approximation...

Melee- 2001
Brawl- 2008 (7 years later)
Smash 4- 2014 (6 years later)

I'd expect the next one at earliest in 2019 (2020 is more likely). Smash is a game that lasts a long time and isn't needed twice in a console generation. Also, Pokémon comes out with a new main series game every year or so, with ORAS following a year and a month after XY, and XY coming a year after B2W2. Pokémon generations last 4-6 years, so I'm sure that we'd see a new Generation, or at least a different remake (like DP) before the next Smash is released. Heck, we got Brawl just barely into Gen IV and Gen V was already over by the time Smash 4 has rolled along.

Edit- Don't count on losing Greninja either- Lucario was an obvious cut for this game and look where he is. While I'm hesitant on saying that Mewtwo will be back, it's possible that they could realistically just add another Pokémon rep without cutting anyone next game.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I know we all want him but seriously we already have Lucario i doubt Mewtwo will make an appearance in any smash game again. Plus the next smash game after 4 if there is one Greninja will be cut and replaced with a gen 3 pokemon due to Omega Ruphy and Alpha Sapphire coming out in 2014 and by my guess the next smash game we will be getting is in 2017 or 2018.
I've merged your thread with the general Mewtwo discussion thread. Feel free to discuss this further here.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
you been reading up? lucario did not replace mewtwo. ONE similar move and everyone thinks they are clones.... give me a break. there are usually 2 unlockable pokemon. and if the pokemon trainer was cut (charizard being the only one left) that leaves open TWO more pokemon to make it an even 6. jigglypuff is one of them, and mewtwo is another.

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I never said they were clones Lucario replaced Mewtwo in popularity.
I would say a big no on that while Lucario is popular he is not as popular as Mewtwo. Plus I don't have anything against Lucario and him being in the game has nothing to do with Mewtwo since both Mewtwo and Lucario were planned for Brawl.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
I never said they were clones Lucario replaced Mewtwo in popularity.
untrue. :p look at x and y... heck, even the most recent MOVIE featured mewtwo. mewtwo also is the only pokemon besides charizard with *TWO* mega evolutions, not just that but the only legendary to do so. mewtwo is just as relavent as ever. and with squirtle and ivysaur out of the picture, that leaves 2 more potential reps of pokemon open. one being obviously jigglypuff. and the other is most likely mewtwo. i like what we have. but the pokemon roster feels incomplete without mewtwo. theres two circles that could be completed - a grass starter filling the role for grass fire and water.... or with lucario and greninja being fighting and dark respectively, who better to fill the psychic role than the most iconic one of all?

Last edited:

JanitorOfHyrule

Smash Cadet
NNID
JanitorOfTermina
I would say a big no on that while Lucario is popular he is not as popular as Mewtwo. Plus I don't have anything against Lucario and him being in the game has nothing to do with Mewtwo since both Mewtwo and Lucario were planned for Brawl.
Lately Nintendo has been shoving Lucario down are throats

JanitorOfHyrule

Smash Cadet
NNID
JanitorOfTermina
untrue. :p look at x and y... heck, even the most recent MOVIE featured mewtwo. mewtwo also is the only pokemon besides charizard with *TWO* mega evolutions, not just that but the only legendary to do so. mewtwo is just as relavent as ever. and with squirtle and ivysaur out of the picture, that leaves 2 more potential reps of pokemon open. one being obviously jigglypuff. and the other is most likely mewtwo. i like what we have. but the pokemon roster feels incomplete without mewtwo. theres two circles that could be completed - a grass starter filling the role for grass fire and water.... or with lucario and greninja being fighting and dark respectively, who better to fill the psychic role than the most iconic one of all?
i really can't argue with that HAVE A COOKIE ya got me.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
i really can't argue with that HAVE A COOKIE ya got me.
*takes it* thanks. mews likes cookies too. -w-
seriously though, nows as good a time as any for mewtwo to be in. sakurai is probably toying with us into thinking hes been ignoring us.....
lucario may be popular. but never as popular as the poster boy for psychic mutants, mewtwo.
lucario doesnt have two mega forms like charizard and mewtwo does :p

Last edited:

JanitorOfHyrule

Smash Cadet
NNID
JanitorOfTermina
*takes it* thanks. mews likes cookies too. -w-
seriously though, nows as good a time as any for mewtwo to be in. sakurai is probably toying with us into thinking hes been ignoring us.....
lucario may be popular. but never as popular as the poster boy for psychic mutants, mewtwo.
Yeah i think the day ssb4 is released in japan i think he'll reveal Mewtwo and Ridley because he has been teasing us with those characters.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Yeah i think the day ssb4 is released in japan i think he'll reveal Mewtwo and Ridley because he has been teasing us with those characters.
was thinking mewtwo and ness would be revealed at the same time.
why? because mewtwo looks a ton like giygas's mother 1 sprite, only giygas is all white with black pupiless eyes. and no, thats not coincidence. many of the designers of APE (the ones who made the mother/earthbound games) went on to CREATURES (helped make the pokemon games). if they were gonna reveal mewtwo, thats how it should be done.

JanitorOfHyrule

Smash Cadet
NNID
JanitorOfTermina
why? because mewtwo looks a ton like giygas's mother 1 sprite, only giygas is all white with black pupiless eyes. and no, thats not coincidence. many of the designers of APE (the ones who made the mother/earthbound games) went on to CREATURES (helped make the pokemon games). if they were gonna reveal mewtwo, thats how it should be done.
OOOOOO that sounds awesome

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Makes sense to me. They're both PSI too.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Proof that Mewtwo is going to be in the next Smash bros game!:150::150::150:

Who the hell looks to clouds for foreshadowing, especially when there's nothing recognizable?

The army of legendaries down there is more interesting to look at.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Mewtwo is pretty popular and fan demanded.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
For those saying things about why Dr. Mario would be chosen over Mewtwo, it's simple, he's a lot easier to add. And he being in probably doesn't effect Mewtwo in the slightest. Dr. Mario came back only because he was an easy addition like Lucina and Dark Pit. That's it.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Proof that Mewtwo is going to be in the next Smash bros game!:150::150::150:

IS EVERBODY IN THE CLOUDS. Seriously Pac-Man in the clouds, Falco in the clouds, Snake in the smoke. Everybody likes to hang out in the CLOUDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom