• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Mewtwo's Melee B moves are fine. Confusion and Disable could use some buffs, yes, but I like them.

Psychic would make for a great forward smash, I think.

The only moves from Melee Mewtwo that I hated were forward smash, forward tilt, and up tilt. The rest are fine.

Honestly, any time somone proposes to revamp Mewtwo's moveset, I hate it. I honestly hate them. I would rather have a straight port of his old moveset than some bastardized version.

My internet's going to be disconnected tonight. I'm pretty sure Mewtwo's not going to be in Smash 4. I'll see you guys around the Japanese release! Hope the whole DLC thing works in our favor. Guess we'll find out!

And last thing before I go... Seriously, do you guys have to incessantly post the same things constantly? This thread is a mess. There really ain't **** to talk about. It just makes you guys look bad, imo. Like, so what if you post 160 posts a day or whatever? So what if you get this thread to 350 pages? It doesn't mean anything if there's no Mewtwo. Hell, even if there is Mewtwo, it still doesn't mean much at all. But whatever. It's your party, too. I'm not going to be around to care either way.

See you in September.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Mewtwo's Melee B moves are fine. Confusion and Disable could use some buffs, yes, but I like them.

The only moves from Melee Mewtwo that I hated were forward smash, forward tilt, and up tilt. The rest are fine.

Honestly, any time somone proposes to revamp Mewtwo's moveset, I hate it. I honestly hate them. I would rather have a straight port of his old moveset than some *******ized version.

My internet's going to be disconnected tonight. I'm pretty sure Mewtwo's not going to be in Smash 4. I'll see you guys around the Japanese release! Hope the whole DLC thing works in our favor. Guess we'll find out!

And last thing before I go... Seriously, do you guys have to incessantly post the same things constantly? This thread is a mess. There really ain't **** to talk about. It just makes you guys look bad, imo. Like, so what if you post 160 posts a day or whatever? So what if you get this thread to 350 pages? It doesn't mean anything if there's no Mewtwo. Hell, even if there is Mewtwo, it still doesn't mean much at all. But whatever. It's your party, too. I'm not going to be around to care either way.

See you in September.
But it's already September :)

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727

Honestly, any time somone proposes to revamp Mewtwo's moveset, I hate it. I honestly hate them. I would rather have a straight port of his old moveset than some *******ized version.

See you in September.
That's understandable though @ Aninymouse Aninymouse at this point it's hard to have hope. Especially between Greninja and Lucario. I'm still gonna wait it out though. But I know what you mean about the thread, that's why I haven't been posting lately. Same convos every few pages. We'll see in 2 weeks or less what happens. Let's just all cross our fingers Sakurai is actually that sympathetic.

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
If hes back then Psycho cut needs to be a move, have it replace Disable or Confusion (unless if it reflects objects correctly) and since Mega Mewtwo will most likley be his FS then replace Shadow Ball with Psystrike so people will shut up about him and Lucario sharing the same type of projectile attack.

I know people like Shadow Ball but I think ot makes more sense to use his signature attack in
This game, or maybe have him Mega eveolve and then use Psystrike after as a part of the FS instead.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
What's with you and Psycho Cut base mewtwo ain't no physical attacker
Did you know;
Psycho Cut is a physical attack that does not make contact, much like Earthquake, Bonemerang, Bullet Seed, Poison Sting, Magnet Bomb, Rock Blast and Razor Leaf. There are many others, but the way Psycho cut is dealt with as an "energy" attack could easily show off Mewtwo's mind powers, not his physical powers.

Do some research. Psycho Cut would be perfect for Mewtwo in Smash.

Last edited:

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
Not that sakurai goes strictly by what makes sense for a pokemon to use but it makes no sense for Mewtwo to use Psycho Cut unless he's in x form.

I'd prefer moves that are actually associated with Mewtwo- Psychic, psystrike, barrier, calm mind, Recover, shadow ball since he won't be using aura blast, swift, etc. Or just keep the same specials he had before, project m proved those can work. But I do think he'd have to be different in some ways than melee to make for a more cohesive mewtwo representation

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
Did you know;
Psycho Cut is a physical attack that does not make contact, much like Earthquake, Bonemerang, Bullet Seed, Poison Sting, Magnet Bomb, Rock Blast and Razor Leaf. There are many others, but the way Psycho cut is dealt with as an "energy" attack could easily show off Mewtwo's mind powers, not his physical powers.

Do some research. Psycho Cut would be perfect for Mewtwo in Smash.
Obviously I meant it uses his attack stat.

From now on why don't you guys just assume I know pokemon really well and stop trying to educate me

Ershrek

Smash Rookie
NNID
Erickwasherelol
3DS FC
3995-7011-5351
The whole game got leaked but mewtwo wasnt on there.......

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
The whole game got leaked but mewtwo wasnt on there.......
But the leaker said that it was incomplete and Mewtwo was one of the unlockable characters.

Last edited:

Ershrek

Smash Rookie
NNID
Erickwasherelol
3DS FC
3995-7011-5351
But the leaker said that it was incomplete and Mewtwo was one of the unlockable characters.
I didn't hear about that I just saw the pictures and the bowser jr gameplay

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Woah, we got merged with the regular Mewtwo thread? Well, I'd expect more people hatin' on Mewtwo now. Lets hope they can at least handle solid evidence that he's not dead yet. I'm counting on all of you for this (cuz im lazy and... uh... hey look videogames) !

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I would like psycho cut maybe as ftilt its better than random tail whip(keep hair though.)

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
>mega Mewtwo x

>190 base atk

>not a physical attacker

Someone hasn't played XY. :150:
As mentioned, he was just talking about the normal form, not that 110 base attack is a laughing matter either. Plus Psycho Cut's got an abnormal critical hit ratio (the closemindedness that Mewtwo can only be a special attacker annoys me, like thinking outside the box be damned). I'm still all for it as an attack in Smash in some form.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace

See you in September.
damn i remember arguing with you beause i said i didnt think mewtwo would make it in. you basically told me i was an idiot and he was gonna be in lol. sad to see even the most optimistic mewtwo fans do a 180

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Forgot whether it was from McDonalds or Burger King or something else, but somewhere I still have the gold-plated collectable cards for the 1st movie (with pokeballs as casing) including Mewtwo's if that counts too.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Forgot whether it was from McDonalds or Burger King or something else, but somewhere I still have the gold-plated collectable cards for the 1st movie (with pokeballs as casing) including Mewtwo's if that counts too.
That was from Burger King.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
So the PoTD is interesting. It's the All-Star Mode leak pic. If I didn't know any better I'd say Nintendo was trying to reiterate, passive aggressively so, that the leaked characters aren't all of it. Can't wait to see who else will be there ;)

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul

See you in September.
Yeah it's repetitive, but who cares. Talk about a complete 360 lol.

Sad.

So the PoTD is interesting. It's the All-Star Mode leak pic. If I didn't know any better I'd say Nintendo was trying to reiterate, passive aggressively so, that the leaked characters aren't all of it. Can't wait to see who else will be there ;)

Ahh... this makes me so happy right now!

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

MEWTWO IS 100% CONFIRMED NOW!!!!
OMG!!!!
YESSS!!!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!:mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
"However, this mode will be incomplete until you've unlocked every fighter... Until then, you can only play against characters that are already available. This is a picture of the bottom-screen menu, with a padlock indicating that the mode is still incomplete."

The primary argument against the padlock theory was that since the leak was from a development version the characters were likely unlocked via debug for the sake of the ESRB/whoever, meaning the game did not detect the characters as being "officially" unlocked and thus allstar mode showed up as locked anyway.

Now that we know the meaning of the padlock, however...

EVEN IF THE LEAKED CHARACTERS WERE UNLOCKED VIA DEBUG, IF HE HAD THE ENTIRE ROSTER THE PADLOCK SHOULD NOT HAVE SHOWN UP.

GET.

****ING.

HYPE.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
:3 well, I guess from now on, there can be no more arguments about Mewtwo or Ridley not making it.
Sakurai is going to deliver on Smashboard's greatest prayers....this just proves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom