• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
With Pokemon, it's as simple as finding out what the most popular ones are. Right now it seems to be Pikachu(obviously), Charizard, Zoroark, Mewtwo, Lucario, and Greninja.
I'd have thought darkrai was more popular than zoroark. But I think they also need to have those smash char qualities. You couldn't have ho-oh or yveltal be playable

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Talonflame for Smash! Nah, it wouldn't really work. I'm not sure what to think of Mewtwo's chances at this point. I see people saying he's in and people saying he's not.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Talonflame for Smash! Nah, it wouldn't really work. I'm not sure what to think of Mewtwo's chances at this point. I see people saying he's in and people saying he's not.
If I never see that stupid bird again, it will be too soon. What in the hell was Gamefreak thinking when they made Gale Wings? Oh wait, Gamefreak doesn't think.

I personally have no hope for his chances. Hell, I think what we've seen is what we're getting period. The All Star lock is suspicious, but it could be a stock shot or whatever, since it's clear this is all footage.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
With Pokemon, it's as simple as finding out what the most popular ones are. Right now it seems to be Pikachu(obviously), Charizard, Zoroark, Mewtwo, Lucario, and Greninja.
Mewtwo's status aside Zoroark is the only one that isn't playable, I mean its not like Gamefreak tried to make him a poor-mans Lucario with a whack ability or something.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
It's ridiculous how people seem to just give up so easily based on things that haven't even come from an official source lol.

The point of a leak is to rouse people up, and that's what's happening here. Why can't people just wait until it's officially confirmed that he's not in? I mean, we only have to wait a few more weeks until the game is released, it's really NOT THAT LONG. The leaks don't bother me in the slightest, nor do they persuade my beliefs of Mewtwo returning back into this game in any way. Instead of just taking on board and believing stuff before it's even confirmed, I'm just looking at it in the sense of this:

- Mewtwo was PLANNED for every game so far. (People seem to forget that!)
- Mewtwo is still relevant to the franchise. Wasn't he the poster-boy for the 6th Gen? Geez, they even introduced us to a female Mewtwo, despite Mewtwo's been around since 1998. That's saying something big about Mewtwo's relevancy to the franchise. Why have two Mewtwo's instead of one? Probably because they wanted to introduce a new generation of kids to the character that weren't even born when Mewtwo came onto the scene.

It's starting to get tiring for me coming on here and seeing the disappointment from people over these 'leaks.' Even if the leaks are real, nothing had been confirmed yet. There's been NO word of Mewtwo apart from what random people on the internet say. Anybody can make up a leak and it would coincidentally be true to what we've seen so far. But the point is that nothing we've seen of Mewtwo has come from an 'official' source. Why would Sakurai just ditch Mewtwo again when he's well aware of the uproar that was caused among Mewtwo fans when Mewtwo wasn't included in Brawl? Look at Project M. They put them back in the game themselves, doing the job that Nintendo couldn't. I'm fairly sure the company would have noticed that big rub in the face.

Mewtwo will be back. Just believing all these fake pictures, speculations and leaks will only just deter peoples hopes. They shouldn't matter because they're not confirmed yet! Until we hear it from Sakurai himself, the leaks shouldn't be making people panic. It's not over until it's officially over.

If it turns out, after four or so more months, that Mewtwo isn't in the game when we finally get it, I won't be purchasing the game. Not because i'm a stickler (I'd still play Smash 4) but because I couldn't face the disappointment of being so hyped for 3 or so years then being let down again BUT I can't see Sakurai doing that to us.

Remember, Sakurai always finds a way to surprise us when we least expect it. It will probably be the same for Mewtwo!

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
It's ridiculous how people seem to just give up so easily based on things that haven't even come from an official source lol.

The point of a leak is to rouse people up, and that's what's happening here. Why can't people just wait until it's officially confirmed that he's not in? I mean, we only have to wait a few more weeks until the game is released, it's really NOT THAT LONG. The leaks don't bother me in the slightest, nor do they persuade my beliefs of Mewtwo returning back into this game in any way. Instead of just taking on board and believing stuff before it's even confirmed, I'm just looking at it in the sense of this:

- Mewtwo was PLANNED for every game so far. (People seem to forget that!)
- Mewtwo is still relevant to the franchise. Wasn't he the poster-boy for the 6th Gen? Geez, they even introduced us to a female Mewtwo, despite Mewtwo's been around since 1998. That's saying something big about Mewtwo's relevancy to the franchise. Why have two Mewtwo's instead of one? Probably because they wanted to introduce a new generation of kids to the character that weren't even born when Mewtwo came onto the scene.

It's starting to get tiring for me coming on here and seeing the disappointment from people over these 'leaks.' Even if the leaks are real, nothing had been confirmed yet. There's been NO word of Mewtwo apart from what random people on the internet say. Anybody can make up a leak and it would coincidentally be true to what we've seen so far. But the point is that nothing we've seen of Mewtwo has come from an 'official' source. Why would Sakurai just ditch Mewtwo again when he's well aware of the uproar that was caused among Mewtwo fans when Mewtwo wasn't included in Brawl? Look at Project M. They put them back in the game themselves, doing the job that Nintendo couldn't. I'm fairly sure the company would have noticed that big rub in the face.

Mewtwo will be back. Just believing all these fake pictures, speculations and leaks will only just deter peoples hopes. They shouldn't matter because they're not confirmed yet! Until we hear it from Sakurai himself, the leaks shouldn't be making people panic. It's not over until it's officially over.

If it turns out, after four or so more months, that Mewtwo isn't in the game when we finally get it, I won't be purchasing the game. Not because i'm a stickler (I'd still play Smash 4) but because I couldn't face the disappointment of being so hyped for 3 or so years then being let down again BUT I can't see Sakurai doing that to us.

Remember, Sakurai always finds a way to surprise us when we least expect it. It will probably be the same for Mewtwo!
Hey, hey. Don't forget to redirect nonbelievers to my massive post. I have every reason for Mewtwo's inclusion compiled into one place.

http://smashboards.com/threads/mewtwo.324191/page-156#post-17211723

D

Deleted member

The suspense of knowing whether Mewtwo is in this game or not is killing me. There has literally been no word either way. Which I guess could be taken as good news since he hasn't been deconfirmed, but then again he was also more or less ignored in the game of Brawl besides that one trophy.

But what does he have going for him?
- Mewtwo tease/trolling in Greninja's reveal trailer. If you look closely at "Greninja" when he's forming the water shuriken, it doesn't look like Greninja at all. Wrong back, wrong fingers, and a whitish lighting. Could be early design work, but it certainly made him look a lot like Mewtwo. An intentional tease?
- That one statement Sakurai made about "we're thinking about it" referring to Mewtwo in Smash or whatever
- Mewtwo, along with Charizard, has two Mega Evolutions. And Charizard made it into Smash again, along with other Mega Evolutions. There are already two. Why not add a third, with Mewtwo?
- Mewtwo gained more relevance being in a new movie and the Mega Evolutions.
- Fans want him.
- Dr. Mario is probably in the game, meaning Sakurai is considering bringing back Melee veterans possibly?
- Without Ivysaur and Squirtle, that leaves an open Pokemon spot....

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Thank you guys for brining some optimism back in this thread. xD I was really getting exhausted.
^^ There's still a huge chance for Mewtwo to Strike Back! Let's keep this positive train on the rails please! AND THANK YOU!!! <3

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Just now while reading this thread some weird feeling just came to me saying that Mewtwo will be in the game. That doesn't say anything but I'm getting more and more optimistic about him getting in now.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'm well aware that Mewtwo has everything going for him, but I just can't get excited. Nothing is certain at this point, and it's looking likely that Ridley and K. Rool were both shafted as well. If the two most popular first party characters didn't get in, there's a good chance the most popular second party won't either.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
^ Isn't Pokemon first party as well? It gets as much, if not more reps as Mario. I can't imagine a second party getting as much.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
^ Isn't Pokemon first party as well? It gets as much, if not more reps as Mario. I can't imagine a second party getting as much.

Pokemon is second party IIRC, Game-freak are not a part of the Nintendo firm but their games are funded, trademarked and manufactured by Nintendo.

Hey, hey. Don't forget to redirect nonbelievers to my massive post. I have every reason for Mewtwo's inclusion compiled into one place.
http://smashboards.com/threads/mewtwo.324191/page-156#post-17211723
That is an excellent post!

I think Mewtwo has a very high chance. The Greninja trailer is one of the best evidence towards his inclusion. Greninja's silhouette was clearly altered to look like Mewtwo. Especially Melee Mewtwo.

The fingers look just like Melee Mewtwo's. No webbed hands and no big circular pads on the end of the fingers.

Sakurai knew exactly what he was doing with that trailer.

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Well guys we are getting even closer to finding out if our favorite Pokemon is so my question for you guys is if Mewtwo is in would you perfectly happy with the current roster?

I would be more then happy but a little disappointed that only two of my top 5 most wanted characters would be in(1.Mewtwo and 3. Robin)

Steelia

Smash Champion
Well guys we are getting even closer to finding out if our favorite Pokemon is so my question for you guys is if Mewtwo is in would you perfectly happy with the current roster?

I would be more then happy but a little disappointed that only two of my top 5 most wanted characters would be in(1.Mewtwo and 3. Robin)
Mewtwo alone, not really. A majority of announced newcomers I haven't been particularly invested in... Mewtwo + Ridley and/or K. Rool would suddenly make this 110% better, though. But I really do like the inclusions of :4megaman:, :rosalina:, :4lucina:, and :drmario:.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041

Mewtwo alone would be my perfect roster. The current roster though (leak character included) is a little underwhelming for Sakurai's "best character game in the world"

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Mewtwo alone, not really. A majority of announced newcomers I haven't been particularly invested in... Mewtwo + Ridley and/or K. Rool would suddenly make this 110% better, though. But I really do like the inclusions of :4megaman:, :rosalina:, :4lucina:, and :drmario:.
Agreed on K Rool if Mewtwo and K Rool were included I could care less who else is added honestly.

Mewtwo alone would be my perfect roster. The current roster though (leak character included) is a little underwhelming for Sakurai's "best character game in the world"
Yeah well I'm assuming there is 3 more characters to unlock like the leaker said, and I think they are Mewtwo and Dixie for sure and then eithers Chorus Kids or Ridley.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
Can't wait for the Mewtwo Profile Pic Club thread once he gets confirmed.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026

Fine. Looks like I'm five for six if the leaked roster pics are correct so whether or not Mewtwo gets in will determine if I'll really enjoy this roster.

If he's not in, sure I'll be upset for a while but I'll learn to accept it and move on.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

I can live with :4lucina:, :4robinm:, :4pacman: and :4greninja: if Mewtwo is cut.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace

I'm not very happy with the current roster, so having Mewtwo on would make my entire day.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
I always main :link2:,:ike:,:samus2:( Yes I know they are not top tier )
Glad I can main :4pacman:,:4megaman:,:4greninja:,:4robinm: though.

But damn something would feel missing :mewtwopm:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Something to think about in regards to the absences on the leak Sakurai made Mewtwo hard as s*** to unlock in melee so who's to say he will in this.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Talking about being unhappy with the roster,,,, why is that?.

Lets forget mewtwo for a second...
We got in the roster a gazzillion characters from all the nintendo Universe, and those are the most famous in their franchises.

I dont undertsand the logic behind saying the roster is weak.

Is this truly a case of the roster being weak, or most peeps just say this because certain X characters they wanted in will not be in the game?.

We need to get this straight. Because if you ask me, the SSb4 roster is big and awesome.

I dont get it. Apart from the exlcusion of Ridley and Mew2, this roster is really monstrous.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Something to think about in regards to the absences on the leak Sakurai made Mewtwo hard as s*** to unlock in melee so who's to say he will in this.
Not really.. I kind of cheated Mewtwo .
1-Plug in 4 controllers
2- choose your main
3- Choose Pokemon stage
4- Leave them in middle
5-Sleep
6- Wake up
7- Kill all the other controls
8- Mewtwo.
(Must be in Stock and not Time)

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

Current Roster CONFIRMED: It's not enought!!!!
Roster+Leak: Well, there are some great choises, but some are really bad (FUC U DARK PIT)
Roster+Leak+Mewtwo: Great, I love this roster, but still something is missing...
Roster+Leak+Mewtwo+Ice ClimberS+Marshal: Wonderful, this is a great roster.
Roster+Leak+Mewtwo+Snake+Ice ClimberS+Marshal+King K. Rool: THIS. Don't care for any other game, I will play this forever...until Smash 5 comes out!

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Not really.. I kind of cheated Mewtwo .
1-Plug in 4 controllers
2- choose your main
3- Choose Pokemon stage
4- Leave them in middle
5-Sleep
6- Wake up
7- Kill all the other controls
8- Mewtwo.
(Must be in Stock and not Time)
True but I was just generalizing his unlock requirements. 3ds version will likely have different requirements.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

No. I'd be very close to being satisfied, but no K. Rool means no 100% satisfaction.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Guys look!
Nintendo take down another video!
How I understood in the video its talking about the remaining secret characters. IC, Lucas, Dixie and MEWTWO!
So I ask you boys why does nintendo take this video down and not other leak videos.
http://smashboards.com/threads/potential-roster-stage-leak-thread.364914/page-190
You're taking this WAY out of context. The video showed the leaked footage; it doesn't matter what the commentary was, if there's actually footage from the ESRB video, it will be taken down. It's like having webcam-recorded clips up on YouTube, even if you make a music video out of it, those just are not allowed. Also, the person talking about IC, Lucas, Mewtwo, and Dixie Kong in the below posts was merely speculating we'd be seeing them.

Seriously... I think you need to take a break from these leaks, mang. Don't believe every single one you see.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Talking about being unhappy with the roster,,,, why is that?.

Lets forget mewtwo for a second...
We got in the roster a gazzillion characters from all the nintendo Universe, and those are the most famous in their franchises.

I dont undertsand the logic behind saying the roster is weak.

Is this truly a case of the roster being weak, or most peeps just say this because certain X characters they wanted in will not be in the game?.

We need to get this straight. Because if you ask me, the SSb4 roster is big and awesome.

I dont get it. Apart from the exlcusion of Ridley and Mew2, this roster is really monstrous.
Oh I get what you are saying I already think in terms of characters and unique movesets, this the best Smash roster yet. I had to deal with no Mewtwo in Brawl, so I know to be thankful for what we have. I'm just saying adding Mewtwo and a couple more characters would take me from happy/satisfied to extremely excited/loving Smash even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom