• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
:mewtwopm: logical trailer pairings if he doesn't go solo and even gets a trailer:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
:ganondorf: and/or
and/or *villain*

:snake:

:metaknight:

:jigglypuff: or replacement

Any other ideas?
Poor Ridley, doesn't have a head icon yet. :(

Use this:
, the giant square is scaring me.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
:mewtwopm: logical trailer pairings if he doesn't go solo and even gets a trailer:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
:ganondorf: and/or
and/or *villain*

:snake:

:metaknight:

:jigglypuff: or replacement

Any other ideas?
Shulk and Ness/Lucas for the psichic story.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
If Mewtwo gets his own trailer I want something similar to the Charizard thing where Mario Link and Pikachu here a noise coming from a cave and out walks Mewtwo scarring them and beating them as combos for his reveal.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
There is something want changed I Mewtwo returns. When I saw Mewtwo s gameplay in Melee, I wasn't playing pokemon at the time, so I thought it was like a dark type due to his dark attacks. I mean, other than a few throws and specials, it doesn't spell physic type to me. So if he comes back,I want him to have more influence to its physic attacks.
The funny part is according to those elemental-based attacks in Melee & Brawl, :mewtwomelee: did use Darkness type attacks. When you have Darkness as a finalized Broad type of element, it kinda sticks around, like Flame, Freezing, Electric, etc.. If Mewtwo were to return I can accept his throws & a command grab mechanic such as his Confusion :GCR::GCB: / :GCL::GCB: to return having "Psychic" characteristics. As far as Psychic getting it's own representation flat-out like Flame & Electric do often, I don't have full confidence it would debut itself, but Water & Grass appeared in Brawl, along with :olimar: & :4olimar: returning with his white pikmin's poisoning / darkness effect.

Mewter

Smash Master
Even better, imagine this cinematic:

Smash slash, fire.
From afar we see a green landscape. The warm sunlight lends the distant forest and hillside a pleasant glow. There is but a single tree on a single hill in the midst of this cheerfully lit forest.
Mario, Pikachu, Kirby, and Link are enjoying picnic when they see storm clouds in the distance. Lightning flashes within them and the sound of thunder drowns out the peaceful chatter of the forest. They are quickly rolling in and provide a blanket through which no warmth may penetrate.
They stand up and squint into the distance, and see....

GANONDORF
The King of Evil marches toward the hill, leading an army of stalfos and moblin. Just when they don't think it could get any worse...

K ROOL somehow managed to sneak up behind the heroes and now grabs them so that they cannot escape!

WARIO appears!
In fact he is inexplicably right behind them! Each of our heroes watch in dismay as we get a close up of Wario's shirt peeling back to reveal a belly button. A rumbling even greater than the thunder is heard!

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE! Wario's gas was so explosive that it not only left the heroes, stunned, but awakened an even greater power that lay right underneath their feet.

The ENTIRE HILL SUDDENLY SHIFTS, revealing none other than...
RIDLEY. THEY WERE PICNICKING ON RIDLEY THE ENTIRE TIME. HE'S THE SIZE OF AN AIRCRAFT CARRIER. HE'S A STAGE.

But then a shot of Ganon reveals that he is suddenly tense. His apprehension apparent on his face, he turns to look behind him into the clouds. His army and those on Ridley (Ridley included) see a silhouette against the fierce lightning within the storm clouds.
A sillhouette... with GLOWING BLUE EYES AND A FIERY BLUE AURA.

"The future does not belong to you!"
SHULK DESCENDS FROM THE HEAVENS, his image striking fear into the villainous team. The moblin and stalfos cannot hide their shivering and the weakness in their knees is apparent. Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Kirby, now saved by Zelda, Ness (yep he's back in woohoo), a cardboard cutout of Snake, Pacman, Lucina, Marth, Rosalina, Samus, Luigi, Lucario, Pit, and Palutena, all gasp in joy as they see the glorious form of Shulk appear to save the day.

Even BOWSER, DONKEY KONG, DIDDY KONG, and DIXIE KONG (whoop) all strain their necks from the forest clearing to see over Ridley's massive body and gaze upon the wonder that is SHULK.

But than enormous pressure is felt in the forest clearing, even felt all the way across the ocean. The planet's gravity seems to quickly increase all the way to 9 Gs! All the characters, even Palutena herself, are floored by this display of potency.

"What powerful being could be responsible for such raw power? I have never encountered anything even like it!" Shulk gasps in surprise as he drops from the sky.

Made anxious by the sudden presence, all the characters, heroes, villains, and stages alike all cluster slowly in the middle of the clearing, ready to face the new foe.

It is but a simple flash before HE APPEARS. The one... the only...
SECOND SILHOUETTE WITH GLOWING EYES.

Its fierce, cold blue eyes scan the area and freeze even the grass with their intense psychic gaze. The wind stands still because it fears to even tickle this new being, and the forest itself bows in respect to it and to gravity.

Cut to a shot of the being in the clouds in the top right and the clearing/characters in bottom left.

ALL THE AFOREMENTIONED CHARACTERS AND STAGES OF SMASH BROS GATHER TOGETHER AND CHANNEL THEOR POWERS: the magics of the Triforce and Palutena fuse with ether and the technology of ancients to form an orb BIGGER THAN THE SUN. A THEME

But it is nothing before the might of....

MEWTWO

The screen goes black and gives the Nintendo and second/third party copyright/trademark info.
SSB 4 Wii U
Coming October 20, 2014.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace

Smash slash, fire.
From afar we see a green landscape. The warm sunlight lends the distant forest and hillside a pleasant glow. There is but a single tree on a single hill in the midst of this cheerfully lit forest.
Mario, Pikachu, Kirby, and Link are enjoying picnic when they see storm clouds in the distance. Lightning flashes within them and the sound of thunder drowns out the peaceful chatter of the forest. They are quickly rolling in and provide a blanket through which no warmth may penetrate.

GANONDORF
The King of Evil marches toward the hill, leading an army of stalfos and moblin. Just when they don't think it could get any worse...

K ROOL somehow managed to sneak up behind the heroes and now grabs them so that they cannot escape!

WARIO appears!
In fact he is inexplicably right behind them! Each of our heroes watch in dismay as we get a close up of Wario's shirt peeling back to reveal a belly button. A rumbling even greater than the thunder is heard!

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE! Wario's gas was so explosive that it not only left the heroes, stunned, but awakened an even greater power that lay right underneath their feet.

RIDLEY. THEY WERE PICNICKING ON RIDLEY THE ENTIRE TIME. HE'S THE SIZE OF AN AIRCRAFT CARRIER. HE'S A STAGE.

But then a shot of Ganon reveals that he is suddenly tense. His apprehension apparent on his face, he turns to look behind him into the clouds. His army and those on Ridley (Ridley included) see a silhouette against the fierce lightning within the storm clouds.

SHULK DESCENDS FROM THE HEAVENS, his image striking fear into the villainous team. The moblin and stalfos cannot hide their shivering and the weakness in their knees is apparent. Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Kirby, now saved by Zelda, Ness (yep he's back in woohoo), a cardboard cutout of Snake, Pacman, Lucina, Marth, Rosalina, Samus, Luigi, Lucario, Pit, and Palutena, all gasp in joy as they see the glorious form of Shulk appear to save the day.

Even BOWSER, DONKEY KONG, DIDDY KONG, and DIXIE KONG (whoop) all strain their necks from the forest clearing to see over Ridley's massive body and gaze upon the wonder that is SHULK.

But than enormous pressure is felt in the forest clearing, even felt all the way across the ocean. The planet's gravity seems to quickly increase all the way to 9 Gs! All the characters, even Palutena herself, are floored by this display of potency.

"What powerful being could be responsible for such raw power? I have never encountered anything even like it!" Shulk gasps in surprise as he drops from the sky.

Made anxious by the sudden presence, all the characters, heroes, villains, and stages alike all cluster slowly in the middle of the clearing, ready to face the new foe.

Its fierce, cold blue eyes scan the area and freeze even the grass with their intense psychic gaze. The wind stands still because it fears to even tickle this new being, and the forest itself bows in respect to it and to gravity.

Cut to a shot of the being in the clouds in the top right and the clearing/characters in bottom left.

ALL THE AFOREMENTIONED CHARACTERS AND STAGES OF SMASH BROS GATHER TOGETHER AND CHANNEL THEOR POWERS: the magics of the Triforce and Palutena fuse with ether and the technology of ancients to form an orb BIGGER THAN THE SUN. A THEME

MEWTWO

The screen goes black and gives the Nintendo and second/third party copyright/trademark info.
SSB 4 Wii U
Coming October 20, 2014.
Very creative & is 250% potential hype beyond all hype worthy of melting faces. It sounds over-the-top, but with the reveal trailers diminishing, we may just expect something like this O_O.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
That was a little much...It would be amazing but I just can't see something that BIG I think Ridley should be a secret character.

Crawful

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4983-5238-2711
That would be way too much to handle.
I doubt they'd reveal more than 2 newcomers in one trailer, even if we are nearing the end.

Makattack202

Smash Rookie

Smash slash, fire.

GANONDORF

WARIO appears!

MEWTWO

SSB 4 Wii U
Coming October 20, 2014.
So many newcomer and veteran reveals in one trailer. How long would this even be?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
So many newcomer and veteran reveals in one trailer. How long would this even be?
Too long. Part of the reason the Smash trailers are so good is because they only say just enough. They don't linger too long, but they give you enough to whet your appetite.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Considering how it'd play through with only Cinematic & no game-play. 3+minutes
Cinematic / animations plus game-play of them all. . .6+ minutes.

But I wouldn't complain.
Also I'm a day late but, Welcome to SmashBoards.:shades: Thanks for Posting~

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
So I don't wanna get anyone's hopes up or anything since this is just random speculation, but Gamexplain said something I also thought to myself (at 14:05), and it's that if they were gonna reveal Ganondorf, it would be around the same time as the JP release of Hyrule Warriors, which is next week. Maybe a Mewtwo cameo + a newcomer would be included? We've all hypothesized about a "villains" trailer. I mean, it would coincide with the idea of them trying to get all the spoilers out before the release, and two or more reveals within the next 30 days only makes sense if they have a few more newcomer trailers to reveal. Unless they want to reveal things after the game is released, which won't make as much sense for hype.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
So I don't wanna get anyone's hopes up or anything since this is just random speculation, but Gamexplain said something I also thought to myself, and it's that if they were gonna reveal Ganondorf, it would be around the same time as the JP release of Hyrule Warriors, which is next week. Maybe a Mewtwo cameo + a newcomer would be included? We've all hypothesized about a "villains" trailer. I mean, it would coincide with the idea of them trying to get all the spoilers out before the release, and two or more reveals within the next 30 days only makes sense if they have a few more newcomer trailers to reveal. Unless they want to reveal things after the game is released, which won't make as much sense for hype.
We could get a villains trailer with Mewtwo, Gannon and Ridley....maybe Wolf and Wario?
Idk....all of them would be awesome, but kinda too good to be true.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
So I don't wanna get anyone's hopes up or anything since this is just random speculation, but Gamexplain said something I also thought to myself (at 14:05), and it's that if they were gonna reveal Ganondorf, it would be around the same time as the JP release of Hyrule Warriors, which is next week. Maybe a Mewtwo cameo + a newcomer would be included? We've all hypothesized about a "villains" trailer. I mean, it would coincide with the idea of them trying to get all the spoilers out before the release, and two or more reveals within the next 30 days only makes sense if they have a few more newcomer trailers to reveal. Unless they want to reveal things after the game is released, which won't make as much sense for hype.
I'm expecting a "Outer Space" themed trailer. For the Star Fox Franchise and Metroid(Ridley). I expect that type of trailer more than a "villain trailer" to be honest. I mean. There are TWO newcomer trailers left. So don't lose hope if Mewtwo doesn't get revealed in the next one.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'm expecting a "Outer Space" themed trailer. For the Star Fox Franchise and Metroid(Ridley). I expect that type of trailer more than a "villain trailer" to be honest. I mean. There are TWO newcomer trailers left. So don't lose hope if Mewtwo doesn't get revealed in the next one.
Wait, when was it stated there are two left?

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Wait, when was it stated there are two left?
"We're nearing the bottom of the pile of Newcomer videos." The way this was worded implies that there is more than one left, but with how many there have been so far, it's safe to assume that there is less than three.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I don't think there will be a villains trailer. Out of all the trailers so far, the most characters revealed in one has been three. Every idea I've seen for a villains trailer includes many more characters that haven't been revealed yet. I don't think they will cram so many reveals into a three minute trailer.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
He said this while he was announcing that trailer. Which is why I say there are two left.
Well, cool. At this point, I'm really only worried about veterans.

I don't think there will be a villains trailer. Out of all the trailers so far, the most characters revealed in one has been three. Every idea I've seen for a villains trailer includes many more characters that haven't been revealed yet. I don't think they will cram so many reveals into a three minute trailer.
They could though. You never know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
Assuming Mewtwo gets a trailer, few things would make me happier than Dr. Fuji's "We dreamed of creating the world's strongest Pokemon...and we succeeded." line being in it. Maybe just played against a black screen at the very end of the trailer.

Edit:
This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3RacoKGm4Y

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
"We've reached the bottom of the pile of Newcomer videos." The way this was worded implies that there is more than one left, but with how many there have been so far, it's safe to assume that there is less than three.
I wouldn't say that exactly. The way he said it, it could be anywhere from 1-3 left. Two is a good guess though.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
I wouldn't say that exactly. The way he said it, it could be anywhere from 1-3 left. Two is a good guess though.
My bad. He actually said "We're nearing the bottom of the pile of newcomer videos"

That could definitely mean up to 3.

Another reason why I say 2 trailers is mostly due to how much time is left before release. A month and 5 days isn't that far away.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
My bad. He actually said "We're nearing the bottom of the pile of newcomer videos"

That could definitely mean up to 3.

Another reason why I say 2 trailers is mostly due to how much time is left before release. A month and 5 days isn't that far away.
I'm assuming they'd reveal one every 2 weeks this month and one more just before the JP release if there were three. They definitely have time to do that. I guess we'll see what happens next week! Knowing Sakurai though, there's always the random factor, as in, he'd do things in an unorthodox matter.

We could get a villains trailer with Mewtwo, Gannon and Ridley....maybe Wolf and Wario?
Idk....all of them would be awesome, but kinda too good to be true.
Mewtwo, Ganondorf and Rildey would be such a hypebuster (not sure if that's a real word.) But seriously, how awesome would that be? Mewtwo as a returning vet, Ganondorf with an updated moveset (and if the universe is awesome, the Hyrule Warriors version), and Ridley as a newcomer? That sounds too good to be true but if it happens.. wow..

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I think there are two trailers left since he said "bottom of the barrel" he didn't say one more or anything like that. This is Sakurai though so you never know with him.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I think there are two trailers left since he said "bottom of the barrel" he didn't say one more or anything like that. This is Sakurai though so you never know with him.
I think we have 2 as well. Three seems like too much and one seems too little but with the rate they have been going at their reveals we will only get one. The longer we wait the more I doubt Mewtwo and honestly I haven't had much faith in Sakurai for a while.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I think we have 2 as well. Three seems like too much and one seems too little but with the rate they have been going at their reveals we will only get one. The longer we wait the more I doubt Mewtwo and honestly I haven't had much faith in Sakurai for a while.
I honestly think he will be a hidden character and when we see his challenger approaching screen, there will be a pic of Sakurai with a troll face.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I honestly think he will be a hidden character and when we see his challenger approaching screen, there will be a pic of Sakurai with a troll face.
Yeah a hidden character seems more likely at this point if he is in the game at all.

maybe there will be secret newcomers that don't get trailers
I really hope there will be. We have an awful lot so far but I hope there's a few more coming.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
maybe there will be secret newcomers that don't get trailers
I thought of this too, but didn't Sakuria say that all newcomers will have trailers? Even so since the trailers will be in the game he could wait and just show it in the game, but then it will get leaked which he hates so I think he will show them all.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I thought of this too, but didn't Sakuria say that all newcomers will have trailers? Even so since the trailers will be in the game he could wait and just show it in the game, but then it will get leaked which he hates so I think he will show them all.
Mewtwo is neither newcomer nor veteran, coming back from a world where such words are meaningless.

So as to what Sakurai has for him, impossible to tell right now. Here's hoping CoroCoro reveals anything or that we get another Direct.

lol sakuria :p

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
But Mewtwo's not a Villain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom