• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Yeah, gotta hand it to Sakurai for knowing how to be vague.
SmashBoards didn't even notify me that you quoted my post in Mewtwo's thread.

If SmashBoards isn't 100% bias towards me & Mewtwo's thread 2 minutes ago Idk what is.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Yet...Sakurai was the one who established the "does something that seems evil but is really doing something good" characteristic of Dedede (which is shown in the SSE) and had Meta Knight assist Kirby as well as challenge him in his debut to prepare him for facing Nightmare. While following Dedede's orders on keeping a piece of the Star Rod, which was for a good reason.
Sure, Meta Knight did attempt to take over Dream Land in Super Star, but he was trying to do some good through very extreme measures (end the laziness of the people so they've better equipped to act when danger comes), making him an Anti-Villain in Super Star.

And in Smash, it was because of Dedede's actions that Tabuu was able to be defeated (well, and Sonic's assault). Meta Knight was also a key player against the Subspace Army. Though his warrior nature got him into a couple fights (Marth, Lucario, almost Snake). Whereas you got the real evil characters Bowser and Ganondorf on the Subspace Army's side as well as "I do whatever the Hell I want" Wario doing whatever the Hell he wants which merely happened to be beneficial to the Subspace Army.

To say they are evil to Smash and Sakurai is saying you haven't really played through the Kirby games Sakurai did or the SSE.
My poin is not that they are evil IN GENERAL, but they are considered evil in Smash, because in Smash there isn't difference between Villains and Anti-heroes. They all are in that 2 player event which italian name can be traslated with " beat the bad guy". I'm sure that, if Mewtwo was in Brawl, he would have been in that event.
p.s. Subspace Emissary's story WASN'T wrote by Sakurai.

@ Browny Browny That cake is too awesone for being eaten!

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
So Dedede and Meta Knight are evil?
Dedede takes Mewtwo's place in the (semi) Final Event Match for Brawl with (regular) Bowser and Ganondorf and the three are joined by Meta Knight, Wario, and Wolf (all anti-heroes) in the (semi) Final Co-Op Event Match.
Well in the early Kirby games they were, but later ones not as much. I think for Smash like people have said they are considered evil.

D

Deleted member

My poin is not that they are evil IN GENERAL, but they are considered evil in Smash, because in Smash there isn't difference between Villains and Anti-heroes. They all are in that 2 player event which italian name can be traslated with " beat the bad guy". I'm sure that, if Mewtwo was in Brawl, he would have been in that event.
p.s. Subspace Emissary's story WASN'T wrote by Sakurai.
And in English it's "The Final Battle" and "The Final Battle for Two" with no notion that they are evil.
With descriptions listing them as "the bossiest of bosses" and "nasty rivals", not evil.

So really, it's not so much that they're evil, but that they are all enemies/rivals/boss fights in their respective series.

Well in the early Kirby games they were, but later ones not as much. I think for Smash like people have said they are considered evil.
Dedede hasn't been evil since his debut.
And that's only because there's no other reason for stealing all the food in Dream Land other than his gluttony.
Meta Knight, like Dedede, was a good guy in Adventure; they're trying to stop Kirby from releasing the real villain (and in Meta Knight's case, preparing him for the inevitable fight with said villain).
The only time Meta Knight has done anything evil was Super Star, and even then, there was good cause in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
http://www.hallels.com/articles/328...f-super-smash-bros-4-officially-confirmed.htm

Take this with a grain of salt, but it's our last chance to see if Mewtwo's in.

Start praying.
I wonder where it's going to air though..? On Corocoro.tv? You'd think it would be a Smash Direct..? Maybe it's a mistranslation because of that whole thing where CoroCoro said they'll reveal all the characters and stages but what they really mean is all the characters and stages revealed so far..? I'm excited either way.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I wonder where it's going to air though..? On Corocoro.tv? You'd think it would be a Smash Direct..?
No idea. I'll be looking at the official site, personally, since I'm not fond of staying up until morning to see a broadcast.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I wonder where it's going to air though..? On Corocoro.tv? You'd think it would be a Smash Direct..? Maybe it's a mistranslation because of that whole thing where CoroCoro said they'll reveal all the characters and stages but what they really mean is all the characters and stages revealed so far..? I'm excited either way.
According to its respective thread, CoroCoro says that Nintendo themselves is revealing all the characters, and since every site is reporting the same thing, I doubt it's a mistranslation.

I personally doubt a second Smash Direct. Despite how hype it would be.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
According to its respective thread, CoroCoro says that Nintendo themselves is revealing all the characters, and since every site is reporting the same thing, I doubt it's a mistranslation.

I personally doubt a second Smash Direct. Despite how hype it would be.
If they're truly revealing "all" characters, maybe they'll do multiple Newcomer trailers during that TV segment? It'd be the best time to do so. Think E3 2013/2014 where they had 3 newcomer trailers... only these ones will be broadcasted on the air, and show multiple unrevealed veterans as well as newcomers. Just my hunch. Outside of conventions, there's no better time to go all out than on live television.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
If they're truly revealing "all" characters, maybe they'll do multiple Newcomer trailers during that TV segment? It'd be the best time to do so. Think E3 2013/2014 where they had 3 newcomer trailers... only these ones will be broadcasted on the air, and show multiple unrevealed veterans as well as newcomers. Just my hunch. Outside of conventions, there's no better time to go all out than on live television.
yeah finish it out with mewtwo last confiremed character

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Like I said, take this with grain of salt. If several sites say the same thing of Nintendo doing it themselves, and that CC specifically said so, then our chances are better.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
This is very unlike Sakurai to spoil the surprises like this before the game's release...

This is fishy guys...

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
Do you think, that when Mewtwo is not in the game, that Mr. Sakurai will explain why? Or will he leave us in the dark to keep guessing all of our lives?

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Just want to check, is that sarcasm or are you serious?
Super serious

Sakurai loves his surprise and the reaction from people. That's the reason he took out a story mode cause people leaked it and ruined the surprise.

So this is very not like Sakurai

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Just want to check, is that sarcasm or are you serious?
I really think he's serious. This is sorta out of character for Sakurai's trollishness, but expected in the face of the upcoming Japanese release.

Do you think, that IF Mewtwo is not in the game, that Mr. Sakurai will explain why? Or will he leave us in the dark to keep guessing all of our lives?
Fixed, and I think he'll leave us guessing.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
This is very unlike Sakurai to spoil the surprises like this before the game's release...

This is fishy guys...
It is. But Sakurai isn't stupid - he knows the first thing people are going to do as soon as they get the games, is spoil absolutely everything. That's the main reason he didn't want to do another SSE, due to people showing off the best parts of the 1P mode (the cutscenes). There won't be any surprises left to show... So why not do it himself?

No complaints here at all if he shows off the full roster ahead of time. I don't need to know how to unlock them... I just need to know if Mewtwo and company made it in. :upsidedown:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Do you think, that when Mewtwo is not in the game, that Mr. Sakurai will explain why? Or will he leave us in the dark to keep guessing all of our lives?
He did the latter with Mewtwo's omission in Brawl didn't he? Am sure people will just say it was because of time constraints again or whatever bull**** to try and make sense of the situation in a less negative light though.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Super serious

Sakurai loves his surprise and the reaction from people. That's the reason he took out a story mode cause people leaked it and ruined the surprise.

So this is very not like Sakurai
It is. But Sakurai isn't stupid - he knows the first thing people are going to do as soon as they get the games, is spoil absolutely everything. That's the main reason he didn't want to do another SSE, due to people showing off the best parts of the 1P mode (the cutscenes). There won't be any surprises left to show... So why not do it himself?

No complaints here at all if he shows off the full roster ahead of time. I don't need to know how to unlock them... I just need to know if Mewtwo and company made it in. :upsidedown:
Yeah, what @ Steelia Steelia said. And that's the reason why I asked, it's because we know he doesn't want other people spoiling them. So it would be totally like Sakurai to spoil everything before other people do.

He did the latter with Mewtwo's omission in Brawl didn't he? Am sure people will just say it was because of time constraints again or whatever bull**** to try and make sense of the situation in a less negative light though.
I like how you're post is #6666 by the way. ;)

By the way guys, regarding the CoroCoro website, I used Google translate, as the people at NeoGaf apparently did, but my results were slightly different than theirs. Theirs omitted the part where it says "up to now", not that I speak Japanese, but here's the image: (And I don't see anything about Aug. 12th..)

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
are....you sure your translating that right?

I don't even think thats english....
No, it's not. But that's what others are going off of from other sites and getting their hopes up. I mean, it's loosely translated, and you can pretty much get the gist. Saying that the Smash Bros. book/guide will have all the info on characters that have been published/revealed up til now. Articles I've seen talking about the Aug. 12 tv spot have linked this NeoGaf post (which links to the CoroCoro/next site) so I don't get where this "Aug. 12 broadcast" is coming from, is what I'm saying. Not trying to ruin the hype here, obviously you guys know I want Mewtwo in, but I don't wanna get my hopes up for no reason! Useful links:

Alleged 50 character leak (Lol, leaks)

Article talking about the Aug. 12 special broadcast (No source)

Another article talking about the Aug. 12 special broadcast (No source)

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
No, it's not. But that's what others are going off of from other sites and getting their hopes up. I mean, it's loosely translated, and you can pretty much get the gist. Saying that the Smash Bros. book/guide will have all the info on characters that have been published/revealed up til now. Articles I've seen talking about the Aug. 12 tv spot have linked this NeoGaf post (which links to the CoroCoro/next site) so I don't get where this "Aug. 12 broadcast" is coming from, is what I'm saying. Not trying to ruin the hype here, obviously you guys know I want Mewtwo in, but I don't wanna get my hopes up for no reason! Useful links:

Alleged 50 character leak (Lol, leaks)

Article talking about the Aug. 12 special broadcast (No source)

Another article talking about the Aug. 12 special broadcast (No source)

And you should too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom