• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Jr. plus :4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:.

:mad:
You... You don't like the Koopalings? Why?
I understand if you don't like different characters as Alts, because I don't either. I think it's kinda weird.
But I love the Koopalings. They just have so much personality in their designs, and they're a lot of fun to fight. Iggy's my favorite.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
You... You don't like the Koopalings? Why?
I understand if you don't like different characters as Alts, because I don't either. I think it's kinda weird.
But I love the Koopalings. They just have so much personality in their designs, and they're a lot of fun to fight. Iggy's my favorite.
I think he's saying that in addition to Jr, the Koopalings also have their correct voices.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
We all did. Instead we get Godzilla with a head cold. Even more jarring, since Jr. has his regular voice.
In other words, we got the superior version of Bowser's voice.:joyful:

'Sides, Bowser's feral roars work because they don't stray away from his character; while Jr. and the koopalings on the other hand would sound out of place.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
So.. Been away for a while, any Mewtwo News? Expecting something at Apex?
No news that I'm aware of. I'm not expecting anything as major as a Mewtwo gameplay trailer at Apex, either. "Special announcements" at Evo (wasn't it Evo?) last year were nothing at all, which is still probably the case this year. Even if they were planning on doing something, the drama over the shabby hotel and the fire alarm has certainly made the Nintendo reps nervous... AND the "special announcements" happen during the Super Bowl, so nobody that's not already a core Smash player is going to be watching.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I hate all this guy's artwork drawings. It's disgusting. He does a lot of gore, too. I'd hesitate to call it art.

Edit: welp
I don't know about that. I mean, it's takes some serious super skills to be able to draw stuff like that, not to mention time. Art is probably this guy's bread and butter. I wouldn't write something off as being "not art" just because it's visually unappealing. I mean, if he drew a sea lamprey or giant jellyfish, people wouldn't write it off as distasteful and ugly. They'd praise him for his amazing artistic skills and patience. Just because a piece of art is unappealing, which I have seen before, doesn't make it unartistic.

I understand not liking gore, and I would say it's far more controversial, but the way I personally see it is that ignoring a problem or thing doesn't wipe it from existence, and is sometimes even necessary to call attention to it. See what John Green said about The Fault in Our Stars being banned from some schools for containing child mortality:
I guess I am both happy and sad.
I am happy because apparently young people in Riverside, California will never witness or experience mortality since they won’t be reading my book, which is great for them.
But I am also sad because I was really hoping I would be able to introduce the idea that human beings die to the children of Riverside, California and thereby crush their dreams of immortality.
And, once again, it takes serious skill to draw what he draws.

That's just my two cents, though. I totally respect your opinion.

Last edited:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
I hate all this guy's artwork drawings. It's disgusting. He does a lot of gore, too. I'd hesitate to call it art.

Edit: welp
Making them more disgusting and unusual is the whole point, like how those Pikachu "reaslitic" drawers... they draw Pikachu as a CAT, but he's the MOUSE pokemon...
also, if you try and make a realistic version of a pokemon that's normal, then it would look too "cartoony" and wouldn't even look like anything, imagine a geodude, a cartoony version would be a rock with his original eyes in pokemon, but more bulging and realistic, a REALISTIC one would look like a different form of a rock with unusual eyes with a mouth with saliva seen, eh..
but in better terms, compare these:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Oh god. This will haunt my dreams for awhile now. -__-

This is typically why I DON'T try to imagine fictional characters that aren't human realistically. I mean, the other day i thought about what it'd look like if say, Frieza or Cell (Or Buu from that matter) from DBZ would look like in RL, and then i was like "...Wouldn't the heroes just laugh at the villains because of how ridiclous/weird they'd look in real life?". Then i tried imagining it myself, and i was like "...Yeah, whatever is fictional should stay fictional, lol".

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
That might rival Mega "Ice Grenade" Glalie's explosion.
Pretty sure Choice Band STAB Explosion does a wee bit more the Glalie's Ice Type Explosion. Glalie has the edge though since a Super Effective one easily outclasses Lickilicky.

That said Lickilicky can take any one hit like a champ. Mega Glalie however...

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I just got an Email from GameStop...
Both my Ike and Shulk Amiibo Pre-orders were canceled...
So if anyone has an extra one I could purchase that'd be great.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I just got an Email from GameStop...
Both my Ike and Shulk Amiibo Pre-orders were canceled...
So if anyone has an extra one I could purchase that'd be great.
Good thing I preordered mine Day 1. I'd be willing to take a picture of mine when I get it and print it out for you. Obviously not the same thing. So I doubt it would help. This Amiibo craze is really making it tough for everyone to get their stuff. Especially with the hoarders that buy in bulk just to make an extra buck off of people.

It's disgusting.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Good thing I preordered mine Day 1. I'd be willing to take a picture of mine when I get it and print it out for you. Obviously not the same thing. So I doubt it would help. This Amiibo craze is really making it tough for everyone to get their stuff. Especially with the hoarders that buy in bulk just to make an extra buck off of people.

It's disgusting.
I pre-ordered both like January 10th...

Got them Pre-ordered for a Christmas present.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Fully payed off, fully refunded. But it was online...
Yeah. Apparently they guarantee your copy if you did in-store and paid it off. Otherwise peoples preorders might be dropped. Kinda crappy. You might have to wait a bit and import. Quite bothersome. I'm taking off work the 13th so if they have any extra's at the one I shop at I'll see if I can snag one for ya. Not making any promises though.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yeah. Apparently they guarantee your copy if you did in-store and paid it off. Otherwise peoples preorders might be dropped. Kinda crappy. You might have to wait a bit and import. Quite bothersome. I'm taking off work the 13th so if they have any extra's at the one I shop at I'll see if I can snag one for ya. Not making any promises though.
Hey, thanks man.

But it was a late Christmas present from my cousin, he pre-ordered Lucario and Sonic for himself, and Shulk and Ike for me. His Sonic was canceled, and his Lucario has to be picked up in store despite living at least an hour away from the nearest Toys-R-Us...

He ended up giving me the money they refunded him so now I'm stuck with almost 30$ and no Amiibos.

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
gamestop is kinda ****ty like that.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
aura>psychic
mind reading and personality reading>controlling people
even if u control people with psychic, you don't know what other peoples thoughts are :teeth:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
gamestop is kinda ****ty like that.
Whoa. WHOA. Hold on, buddy. Just can't let you **** on Gamestop all willy-nilly like that. Who's fault is it that the amount of Amiibo that shipped is less than was preordered? Nintendo. If you would pay attention to the information on how long wave 3 figures were produced compared to even wave 1 or 2, you'd see that nearly all of wave 3 was under-produced. Pretty much, every Amiibo that isn't Bowser, Megaman, or Rosalina is a rare in this wave.

Gamestop is incredibly loyal to their preorder customers 90% of the time. Nintendo shorted them this time. Gamestop sold more than it will get, so it has to figure out how to solve this. If Nintendo won't make more of some certain figure, Gamestop can't force them to. No, so customers who paid in full or customers who paid first will get what's coming. Most Gamestops are open on midnight of the 13th. Show up early and secure your spot. Fight for your purchase. This is the world Nintendo has forced on you. Accept it and strive, or be offended and give up. Nintendo does not care. Do you think Gamestop wants to piss off loyal customers? What else would you have them do?

At least Gamestop didn't cancel any preorders up until now, unlike all the other Amiibo retailers who have not been honoring preorders at all up until now.

On ****ty art: Some "artists" paint pictures of feces or any number of disgusting things. That isn't art. Not all art has to be "beautiful," but all art conveys a message, a view of the world. It ought to be transcendant on some level. Purposefully making things uglier, or disgusting, vile, more hideous than they ought to be is expressing a defiant and offensive view of the world. I want no part in that and I do not esteem people like that. There innumerable messages of love, beauty, harmony, brokenness, sorrow, bewilderment, and awe that can be expressed without being soulless. In even sorrow, the soul can be inspired for the better. Making things disgusting or uglier on purpose... pathetic.

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Ohmahgawd, this lack of mewtwo news is evil and weighing on my soul heavily, like a knife twisting in my back until I am crippled and laying on the floor, twitching and pray for death....

or, you know, its fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom