• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Character balance adjustments would throw off replays considering replays are replications of inputs as opposed to actual videos. Seeing as how the replays still work fine, it's safe to say there were no balance changes.
Huh, never thought of that, that makes sense. I'll keep that in mind with the next update just to test if there are any differences. Although, there being more stages for 8 player Smash might help with some machinima though.

Also, cool new icon. : 3

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
There are other reasons to own a Wii U besides Smash Bros. Hell, I think Tropical Freeze alone is worth getting a Wii U for if you're a platformer fan like me.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Heh, funny at the moment I don't see much reason to get a PS4. Don't get me wrong I'd like to get one eventually but the only stuff selling me on it are either non-exclusive titles or aren't out yet and won't be for awhile. IMO it isn't a worthwhile purchase at the moment.
At least with my Wii U the stuff I want is either out already or releasing this year.
I'd also like to get an XBONE for muh Halo. I'll probably get an XBONE before a PS4.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I currently prefer the library of Wii U to the others as small as it may be. Currently the games I'd want to play on the PS4 are either playable on my PS3 or my PC due to just recently existing.

Last edited:

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
Well the Wii U costs $299...unless you mean getting Smash and a Gamecube adapter with it?
There is a thing called taxes. A Wii U and Smash is 400 bucks.

There's really nothing on the console that interests me. Thank god for portable versions of Mario Kart and Smash. :p

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Ehh, the only games for any of the Sony systems I'd be interested in are J-Star Victory Vs. or Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax, and even then, I only want to try them out. I'm perfectly content with just Nintendo systems, Pokemon, and Smash Bros, though I also play Metroid series and plan on beating EarthBound eventually.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm interested in games for Sony systems but like I said before, I could either get them on other platforms or they simply aren't out yet.
Uncharted 4, No Man's Sky and Ratchet and Clank are the only things keeping me interested. Kingdom Hearts III as well but I can get that on Xbox. At least with that it has some exclusives out already that I'm interested in.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
On the same token Wii U not only has games to play on it, it also has the best games to play this gen period.

X1 and PS4 simply have nothing that appeals to me.

And besides most X1 and PS4 games will come to PC anyway so better to invest in the Nintendo + PC Master Combo

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
*300 bucks.

It's actually a big deal since a common gripe was the lack of variety of stages for 8 player smash.
Again, there is a thing called taxes. I will also have to get Smash obviously. 400 dollars right there.

PS4 is a much better buy for me. Just look all the games I want to play on it.
  1. The Last of Us Remastered.
  2. Resident Evil Revelations 2.
  3. Resident Evil Remastered.
  4. Resident Evil 0 Remastered.
  5. Resident Evil 7.
  6. Dragon Ball Xenoverse.
  7. Metal Gear Solid 5 The Phantom Pain.
  8. Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes.
  9. Silent Hills.
  10. P.T. (Sure this is a demo but man I want to play this in the dark and with a headset).
  11. God of War 4.
  12. Day Z.
  13. Mortal Kombat X.
  14. Grand Theft Auto 5 (1st person mode!).
  15. Uncharted 4 (This one is at least a rental).
  16. Outlast.
While the only two games I would play on the Wii U are Smash and Mario Kart 8. Thankfully there are portable versions of those games. Pokken looks very interesting but not 400 dollars interesting.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Personally, I don't see much of a reason to get a PS4. If it had backwards compatibility, I'd be more willing to consider it, seeing as there were a few exclusives that I'd like to play (Metal Gear Solid 4, the Uncharted games, some Ratchet & Clank games) but couldn't because I didn't have a PS3, but none of the exclusives for the PS4 interest me, and I can get the multi-platform games on other systems (such as Xbox 360, for MGSV: The Phantom Pain, or PC, for Arkham Knight).

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
How do you get Mewtwo with registering the thing? Is there a code on the bottom of the game box? I might aswell get a Wii U version of SSB4 without getting the Wii U at all.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
My PS4 titles, either owned (+), or coming soon (-):
+Destiny (Don't judge me.)
+Strider HD
+Flower
-Transistor
+Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
-Batman: Arkham Knight
-FINAL FANTASY XV
-KINGDOM HEARTS III
-Uncharted 4
+inFamous: First Light
+Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut
+Dust: An Elysian Tail

*NonSpecificGuy likes this.*

Last edited:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
+Strider HD
+Flower
-Transistor
+Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
-FINAL FANTASY XV
-KINGDOM HEARTS III
-Uncharted 4
+inFamous: Dying Light

Of course Non will like that post, and this post
He fights for his likes!

Spatman

Smash Ace
mario kart 7 and smash 3ds are 1/100 of their respective wii u counterparts.
However, everyone has his own priorities, so it's useless to debate about it

I think nonspecificguy likez all post he read to remember to himself he has already read that post XD

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
+Strider HD
+Flower
-Transistor
+Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
-FINAL FANTASY XV
-KINGDOM HEARTS III
-Uncharted 4
+inFamous: First Light
+Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut
+Dust: An Elysian Tail
Of course Non will like that post, and this post
He fights for his likes!
mario kart 7 and smash 3ds are 1/100 of their respective wii u counterparts.
However, everyone has his own priorities, so it's useless to debate about it
I think nonspecificguy likez all post he read to remember to himself he has already read that post XD

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I play other consoles for Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy, that's about it now-a-days though, since Spyro is dead.
Same here, plus Infamous in my case aswell. And the Tales games (well, ive only played the Xillia duo so far). I havent owned an Xbox and probably never will, and im happy with my PS3 and Wii U for now (i probably will end up getting a summer job to get a PS4 once KHIII comes out though).

Spatman

Smash Ace
Apparently I'm the only one here who plays Nintendo consoles exclusively.

#NintendoMasterRace:seuss:
me too. In the past I played also with Playstation1, the original Xbox and PC games, but nowadays I play only with Wii U and N3DS

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Same here, plus Infamous in my case aswell. And the Tales games (well, ive only played the Xillia duo so far). I havent owned an Xbox and probably never will, and im happy with my PS3 and Wii U for now (i probably will end up getting a summer job to get a PS4 once KHIII comes out though).
Kingdom Hearts III will allow me to die happily....
I just hope it comes out BEFORE I DIE. >.> I have every single game, and I love them all...but seriously....

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Kingdom Hearts III will allow me to die happily....
I just hope it comes out BEFORE I DIE. >.> I have every single game, and I love them all...but seriously....
Agreed. Not to mention, alot riding on this game (and on FF XV). If they both flop after how many years the fans have been waiting for them, Square is gonna go down hard. : \ Although, i'm sure KHIII easily has the potential to be the best KH game yet, keeping my hopes up.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Agreed. Not to mention, alot riding on this game (and on FF XV). If they both flop after how many years the fans have been waiting for them, Square is gonna go down hard. : \ Although, i'm sure KHIII easily has the potential to be the best KH game yet, keeping my hopes up.
Honestly, as long as the story ends well...I'll be happy. The gameplay is awesome and I love it...but my hopes are all on the epic conclusion above anything else. Or...as Nomura has stated, end on a good note that will later lead into the next saga for Kingdom Hearts.
...I just want to kill Xehanort, ok!?!?
...and this....please.... PLEASE!!???...

As for FFXV, I have high hopes for it...it looks completely epic and I absolutely loved FFXIII and XIV, so I think it'll be just fine...for me at least.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I have an Xbox 360 and an original Xbox, but I only play Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate on my 360 and my Xbox needs a dust cleaner. My 3DS gets most of the attention now followed by my Wii and PC.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The good thing about the PS line for now is that PSASBR is likely not getting a sequel for god knows how long.

How do you get Mewtwo with registering the thing? Is there a code on the bottom of the game box? I might aswell get a Wii U version of SSB4 without getting the Wii U at all.
You could always just wait and buy him separately.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Little do you all know I already have Mewtwo and she's everything I hoped for and more. My favorite aspect of Smash 4 Mewtwo is the voice performance by Miriam Pultro :D

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Little do you all know I already have Mewtwo and she's everything I hoped for and more. My favorite aspect of Smash 4 Mewtwo is the voice performance by Miriam Pultro :D
vid or it didn't happen :^)

oh and also pls confirm the mewtwo leak with bulging eyes plox

kthxbai

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Not worth the 400 bucks. I'll rather get a PS4.
I got a 3ds for Smash 3DS, Pokemon X, and Pokemon Y.
I ended up getting Omega Ruby and Fire Emblem Awakening, and now want to get Alpha Sapphire and Majora's Mask 3D.
I got a Wii U for Mario Kart 8 (Got the bundle, missed the free game offer) and Smash Wii U.
I ended up getting Xenoblade Chronicles as well (I know it's a Wii game, but I'll be playing it on the Wii U), and I ended up wanting Mario Party 10 (Although cars alone will be disappointing), Metroid Prime Trilogy (On sale!...but I'd prefer a physical copy), Xenoblade Chronicles X, Pokken (if console release happens), and (maybe) Mario 3D World.
I may get an Xbone, mainly for Kingdom Hearts 3 and Halo related games...but not for a long while.
PS4 on the other hand...well, no thanks. Nothing it has really interests me, and if something does, it can usually be found on Xbone or Steam as well (Kingdom Hearts 3 for example).

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Let's not start a Femtwo flame war. We've covered it so many times, Einstein would like to write the number out, and there's no point in putting people down over their preference. Everybody likes whichever voice they like, and that's fine. Variety's the spice of life, y'know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom