• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Mewtwo can get by with what she has as long as they learn from their "simple" mistakes like Confusion not flagging what it reflects as hers and working as a throw move that's unsafe on hit.

Last edited:

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
WVdUde's back again. Time to start speculating again. Anyway, bad news for me. I want to try out Codename S.T.E.A.M., but I'm trapped in the snow and our little car can't make it through the mountains to the nearest GameStop. Does anyone have an extra demo code to give me? Thanks in advance!

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
His forward throw should also be the same as PM's, but we all know that probably won't happen.

Hey, if we're lucky(or not) he'll get an entirely different moveset. I was hoping they'd show him off at APEX, but that probably won't happen.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Well, I'd say that retaining @ U-Throw U-Throw is more important. We need those pro players in Smash 4! :D
Fixed that for ya.:p
If Ness's back throw kills at 70-80 percent now, Mewtwo's up throw should kill at 50.:4falcon:
Speaking of Ness's throws, I know Mewtwo's killer throw, his U-Throw, beat out everybody else's in Melee, but was Mewtwo's other knockback-famed throw, his B-Throw, more powerful than Ness's B-Throw?

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Fixed that for ya.:p

Speaking of Ness's throws, I know Mewtwo's killer throw, his U-Throw, beat out everybody else's, but was Mewtwo's other knockback-famed throw, his B-Throw, more powerful than Ness's B-Throw?
I'll assume you're talking about their appearances in Melee. If so, I'll go research that right now.

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
WVdUde's back again. Time to start speculating again. Anyway, bad news for me. I want to try out Codename S.T.E.A.M., but I'm trapped in the snow and our little car can't make it through the mountains to the nearest GameStop. Does anyone have an extra demo code to give me? Thanks in advance!
I actually got another Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate demo code from a friend and would be willing to trade for a Codename S.T.E.A.M. demo code.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
"Mewtwo uses Psychic to throw its enemy backward powerfully. One of the strongest Back Throws in the game. 11% damage."

"Ness throws the opponent behind him. Very high knockback at higher percents. 11% damage."

Looks like they're about the same. I'm assuming Ness's is more useful because it sends them at a lower angle, but I can look up the exact data, if need be.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I'll assume you're talking about their appearances in Melee. If so, I'll go research that right now.
Yeah, that's the game I was talking about. Sorry for my vagueness. I edited my original post to avoid any more confusion.
"Mewtwo uses Psychic to throw its enemy backward powerfully. One of the strongest Back Throws in the game. 11% damage."

"Ness throws the opponent behind him. Very high knockback at higher percents. 11% damage."

Looks like they're about the same. I'm assuming Ness's is more useful because it sends them at a lower angle, but I can look up the exact data, if need be.
Nah, there's no need to go data hunting. Thanks for the info! Now I know what I've wondered for all those weeks...

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Heya fellow Mewtwo fans. I just signed up for a twitch tourney that'll start up in an hour, letting anyone know in case they want to join or whatever. All I know is this will be my first online tourney, so there's that. :p
Link to sign ups: http://challonge.com/paewea60
Link to stream: http://www.twitch.tv/adaptchance
Also, just to be more accurate, it starts up at 6PM EST.
EDIT: If someone perceived this as me being cocky, then no. I know I've got a higher chance of losing than winning, but I figured anyone who either hasn't been able to join a tourney could, or someone who needs something to do can join. Either way. :p

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Gameplan;
>Get your butt off Flipnote 3D, y'****
>Mewtwo Get
>Hype for a bit
>Play Classic & All-Star to get THEM TROPHIES @w@

One of three choices;
Super Fun > MAIN THAT **** :4dedede:
Fun > Play him some more Online and stuff
Not Fun > You can sit in the corner with DK and Palutena

I got it all planned out, and I got a bucket of chicken.
At least you have chicken, eh Leeroy?

johab001

Smash Cadet
Yeah, that's the game I was talking about. Sorry for my vagueness. I edited my original post to avoid any more confusion.

Nah, there's no need to go data hunting. Thanks for the info! Now I know what I've wondered for all those weeks...
Mewtwo's back throw has muh more base knockback than Ness's back throw. Ness back throw has extremely low base knockback. However, it has large knockback scaling. Even more than Mewtwo. If mewtwo had the strongest back and up throw he would be unbalanced in my opinion.

Even doctor mario have stronger back throw than mewtwo

Last edited:

M24S4

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo can get by with what she has as long as they learn from their "simple" mistakes like Confusion not flagging what it reflects as hers and working as a throw move that's unsafe on hit.
Why she?:b:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well the apex secret results are in

Sorry the mewtwo missed again

Its just a splatoon demo at apex that was the secret

And the wait for mewtwo gameplay continues

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'm personally not too hyped for Splatoon, so for me this is just meh.

Other than Mewtwo, I can't say I'm hyped for much Nintendo is coming out with. MM3D will be fun, but I've played it already, there's not enough info on Starfox Wii U, a new Donkey Kong Country is at least two years away, and a new F-Zero or Wario Land is never happening.

M24S4

Smash Cadet
Hi! Welcome to the Mewtwo thread. You must be new here.

Igzex maintains that the only true Mewtwo must be the female one from the 16th Pokémon movie.

Quite new, so yes thanks a lot :D
Yes i know about the femal mewtwo but i wasn't thinking that somebody really could prefere that new one over the orginal one (no offense, i mean the preference, not liking it itself), so i was asking to be sure but i am assuming he really meant it like that (even if i absolutely can't understand that, but everyone is different and i think it's a good fact that there are in fact really people out there which enjoyed the movie and the new mewtwo, variety in between humans is needed :awesome:)

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Anybody have an opinion on my idea from earlier?
I definitely think we need more Ice-elemental attacks, so I liked that aspect. The Final Smash was also very unique and interesting. I like the moveset overall, and I like Weavile's playstyle, but I'm sort of indifferent on Weavile. However, that's only my opinion, and if I was a Weavile fan, I can tell you that I would absolutely love your idea.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

If that doesn't bring on the hype, how about this Tweet from JC from the Nintendo Treehouse?

When the Apex pools were covered here on Smashboards this was pointed out as well:

Could these two things be related? What other exciting announcements might be in store for Apex 2015? Just a few more days to wait and all will be revealed!
Rev up the hype train.
Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom