• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
aura>psychic
mind reading and personality reading>controlling people
even if u control people with psychic, you don't know what other peoples thoughts are :teeth:
Because Psychics they can read minds, they must be able to read brainwaves or something of that nature. Because that's where personality traits, along with thoughts and pretty much everything else, are located, Psychics would be able to read your personality. And Psychics can control people. Psychic>Aura
Whoa. WHOA. Hold on, buddy. Just can't let you **** on Gamestop all willy-nilly like that. Who's fault is it that the amount of Amiibo that shipped is less than was preordered? Nintendo. If you would pay attention to the information on how long wave 3 figures were produced compared to even wave 1 or 2, you'd see that nearly all of wave 3 was under-produced. Pretty much, every Amiibo that isn't Bowser, Megaman, or Rosalina is a rare in this wave.

Gamestop is incredibly loyal to their preorder customers 90% of the time. Nintendo shorted them this time. Gamestop sold more than it will get, so it has to figure out how to solve this. If Nintendo won't make more of some certain figure, Gamestop can't force them to. No, so customers who paid in full or customers who paid first will get what's coming. Most Gamestops are open on midnight of the 13th. Show up early and secure your spot. Fight for your purchase. This is the world Nintendo has forced on you. Accept it and strive, or be offended and give up. Nintendo does not care. Do you think Gamestop wants to piss off loyal customers? What else would you have them do?

At least Gamestop didn't cancel any preorders up until now, unlike all the other Amiibo retailers who have not been honoring preorders at all up until now.

On ****ty art: Some "artists" paint pictures of feces or any number of disgusting things. That isn't art. Not all art has to be "beautiful," but all art conveys a message, a view of the world. It ought to be transcendant on some level. Purposefully making things uglier, or disgusting, vile, more hideous than they ought to be is expressing a defiant and offensive view of the world. I want no part in that and I do not esteem people like that. There innumerable messages of love, beauty, harmony, brokenness, sorrow, bewilderment, and awe that can be expressed without being soulless. In even sorrow, the soul can be inspired for the better. Making things disgusting or uglier on purpose... pathetic.
I probably shouldn't be talking, since I have no idea how selling preorders works, but I don't think GameStop should sell more preorders than they're going to have in stock. That's like promising 100 people candy bags and when you're only going to have 75. Yes, Nintendo under-produced this wave, but that doesn't mean GameStop can just sell more than they're going to get. Once again, I have no idea how selling preorders work, so I could entirely off on this.

On art: First of all, I don't think the artist of the Realistic Pokémon is trying to convey a message. I think he was just trying to make an accurate depiction of what the Pokémon would look like in real life. It's an intriguing concept, and, while they're not always great to look at, they are, at least, interesting. And, let's be honest with ourselves. If Pokémon were real, he wouldn't be the simplistic, cartoony being that he is in the games. I'd say that image is pretty accurate depiction of what he would look like. Yes, it's pretty repulsive, but it's also a pretty realistic idea of what a real Mewtwo would look like.
About having a "defiant" and "oppressive" view of the world and making things "uglier than the way they ought to be," why is that so wrong? Someone who, say, wants to paint a picture of how evil humanity is, paints a picture of a hideous person with bleeding eyes and rotting skin. Well, now, that's pretty nasty, but its how the artist is expressing his view of the world. And, from the way your describing "art," art has to be "beautiful" and "attractive." Yes, you can convey messages such as sadness and brokenness in beautiful ways, but it doesn't have the same effect as portraying brokenness and sadness more hideously. I would say its even necessary. If every piece of art was beautiful, you'd be turning a blind eye to the worse aspects of the world. When a piece of art is beautiful, while it is easy to look at, it doesn't have the shock effect that "ugly" art has. Sometimes, that shock is what's necessary to wake people up and get them to do something about problems in the world. I wouldn't say its pathetic or wrong, just a different, sometimes even more effective way, to portray things.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
People really want to make sure the Darkrai they are revenge killing DIES

Anyways I'd take psychic powers over the aura any day. I don't want to know how people feel I just want to throw things at them.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I've been hearing rumors that Mewtwo might be revealed at the end of Apex, but don't quote me on that.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Untitled2.png

Show seems to be over folks. Did a bit of editing to fit both quotes in.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Whats their source on that?
Screwattack's Nintendo sponsored stream that's going on right now. I took a screen pic and edited it to fit both posts in/keep the picture small.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I didn't expect any work on Mewtwo to be show-able by now anyways. They only started work a couple months ago.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Mega Mewtwo X and Y for alternate costumes pl0x
moveset would still be the same, just MMY hovering and MMX and Mewtwo on the ground, and there final smash wouldn't be a mega evolution
I always loved MMX

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Mega Mewtwo X and Y for alternate costumes pl0x
moveset would still be the same, just MMY hovering and MMX and Mewtwo on the ground, and there final smash wouldn't be a mega evolution
I always loved MMX
As nice as that would be, I don't think it would work. Mega Mewtwo X and Y would require hitbox edits, especially Y, seeing as his tail is on his head, and changing hitboxes is a big no-no for Alts. In addition, making Y float would require even more hitbox edits. Finally, changing Mewtwo's Final Smash for X and Y means you would be changing his moveset, which goes directly against why Alts. even exist.

Spirst

Yeah, Mega Mewtwo X and Y will never be alternate costumes because of the hurtbox/hitbox editing that would have to be done. Here's to hoping his armor can be a thing though.

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Yeah, Mega Mewtwo X and Y will never be alternate costumes because of the hurtbox/hitbox editing that would have to be done. Here's to hoping his armor can be a thing though.
the armor looks the most baddass out of mewtwos forms. (even though it supposedly was made so giovanni can control and suppress mewtwos powers) it would be so kickass to have the armor as an alt. :u he has 8 slots how can one of them NOT be the armored form?!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
the armor looks the most baddass out of mewtwos forms. (even though it supposedly was made so giovanni can control and suppress mewtwos powers) it would be so kickass to have the armor as an alt. :u he has 8 slots how can one of them NOT be the armored form?!
Because it's not cannon to the games....?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Why stop there? Give him the Little Mac treatment. Then we can have 8 regular colors and see all of those colors in his awesome armor!
Unfortunately, though, seeing as Little Mac got 16 colors and Wario, strangely enough, didn't, I wouldn't bet on it.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Why stop there? Give him the Little Mac treatment. Then we can have 8 regular colors and see all of those colors in his awesome armor!
Unfortunately, though, seeing as Little Mac got 16 colors and Wario, strangely enough, didn't, I wouldn't bet on it.
No, bet on all of it though

Also, thoughts on the new pokemon movie guys?

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Honestly since none of my favorite Smash characters had any notable players come out on top I can't say I cared too much about Apex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom