• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
You do realize that there's no way they would have time do give all 51 characters 12 different B moves right?

The Mii customs would obviously be different because they're basically make your own character. Palutena's customs are different because she is Sakurai's waifu.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
You do realize that there's no way they would have time do give all 51 characters 12 different B moves right?

The Mii customs would obviously be different because they're basically make your own character. Palutena's customs are different because she is Sakurai's waifu.
Then make it Mii exclusive or something. It's absolute horse**** that more or less everyone else gets stuck with slower/stronger or faster/weaker variants. Special treatment like this is one of the reasons I'd like to see some new blood in the directing chair.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
  1. MEWTWO IS DLC! REGISTER QUICK!
  2. WE'VE GOT A SPECIAL DIRECT COMING UP FOR MEWTWO! PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR APRIL 1st! YOU CAN WATCH SAKURAI AND IWATA LIVE, DISCUSS AND PLAY AS MEWTWO!
  3. *Direct happens*
  4. Hello, I'm Satoru Iwata. We've got bad news. Unfortunately, Mewtwo was only a scam to see the full potential of Club Nintendo before we shut it down. Please understand. And Happy April Fools
  5. *Sakurai comes in* *laughs*
THE END!

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
  2. WE'VE GOT A SPECIAL DIRECT COMING UP FOR MEWTWO! PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR APRIL 1st! YOU CAN WATCH SAKURAI AND IWATA LIVE, DISCUSS AND PLAY AS MEWTWO!
  3. *Direct happens*
  4. Hello, I'm Satoru Iwata. We've got bad news. Unfortunately, Mewtwo was only a scam to see the full potential of Club Nintendo before we shut it down. Please understand. And Happy April Fools
THE END!
*heart attack*

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Im evil, but I honestly hope Mewtwo sucks, so that id be the only few to main him and people will drop him due to how bad his moveset is, always will love Mewtwo <3
just imagine, FG filled with Mewtwo users, and they all know each others tactics and combos, that you don't know what lese to do next when they know everything you do, that's how almost everyone knows how to counter a little mac now.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I don't want Mewtwo to suck. I use too many characters who suck already. Would be nice to have a character that I like other than Diddy to be good.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
I don't want Mewtwo to suck. I use too many characters who suck already. Would be nice to have a character that I like other than Diddy to be good.
Yeah, I don't want Mewtwo to suck either, but that's basically the only way people will stop maining him
I have a feeling 35% of smash players will all switch to Mewtwo
And if Mewtwo was as crazy as Diddy, you better expect 54% of people switching to him.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I honestly hope Mewtwo isn't very good, as well. I mean, he's more unique and only the people who truly like him will use him...instead of those who rush to use the best character, regardless.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Yeah, I don't want Mewtwo to suck either, but that's basically the only way people will stop maining him
I have a feeling 35% of smash players will all switch to Mewtwo
And if Mewtwo was as crazy as Diddy, you better expect 54% of people switching to him.
I think it'll be like Link in Mario Kart. People will spam him for awhile before the hype dies down. And then they'll all go back to Diddy and Little Mac because they think they're insta-wins.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I honestly hope Mewtwo isn't very good, as well. I mean, he's more unique and only the people who truly like him will use him...instead of those who rush to use the best character, regardless.
u w0t m8

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Yeah, I have the same feeling, im just afraid everyone will switch to him and rush using him thinking hes the best character just because hes the first DLC character, not to mention like I said before, if almost everyone uses Mewtwo, then that means tactics and combos will be overused and people will know what your going to do, like how some Diddy user found his uair, people started coping him, etc.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Low High-tier. That's where Mewtwo should be, not OP but still tournament viable.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Balance patches and updates is one way. Delays are another. Doing it for 2 out of 51 is rather inexcusable. But no one will question Sakurai on that because he doesn't answer questions because he is regressively aging, suffers from carpal tunnel every other day, is Pigeonholed and says Ridley is too large and too purple. And Bowser was denied Kenny James greatness.

That said I dunno how they made enough time to make Bowser Jr. a thing. Props to Namco on that. Too bad I won't ever play Jr.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Then make it Mii exclusive or something. It's absolute horse**** that more or less everyone else gets stuck with slower/stronger or faster/weaker variants. Special treatment like this is one of the reasons I'd like to see some new blood in the directing chair.
Yeah, Miis make sense, but Palutena doesn't. I suppose it might have something to do with Sakurau seeing her uniqueness, but I'd say Sakurbias is easily the most likely cause. Same deal with Dark Pit. But, that said, I don't think we should complain that she got special treatment. Yeah, it's not fair to other characters, but at least we have one character who has unique Custom Specials. Better one than none, right?
Low High-tier. That's where Mewtwo should be, not OP but still tournament viable.
So much this. I honestly don't care if the whole world mains Mewtwo, he's not any less special to me. Yeah, it'll be annoying that everyone uses him, but we still got him. Mewtwo sucking, while it wouldn't affect my maining of him, is probably not the best route to make Mewtwo fans the only loyal ones. Besides, like others have said, he'll probably be limited-hype for most people, and then true loyalists will be the only ones left playing him.

@ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed I guess you and I are the only ones who like Palutena. She's fun to play as, and she's a welcome addition to me, as well. Us Pichu-&-Palutena fans gotta stick together, y'know?

Edit: I cannot spell today >_<

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Whatever happened to Olimar can't be as bad as what happened to Mr. Game & Watch, who went from pretty decent, to a good candidate for worst character in the game. He lost everything. Literally. Everything.
Yeah, I don't about everything he lost, but just talking about what I do know he lost, he lost some pretty important things that were a key to his success in Brawl. I know that Bucket Braking's removal hit him like rock. That drastically lowered his survivability, and that alone was killer blow to Game & Watch. The addition of some attacks filling Bucket in one go was pretty nasty, too. No more Super Buckets for Mr. G&W. I really feel bad for him...

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Yeah, I don't about everything, but I know that Bucket Braking'a removal hit him like rock. That drastically lowered his survivability, and it was one of his key's to success in Brawl. The addition of some attacks filling Bucket in one go was pretty nasty, too. No more Super Buckets for Mr. G&W. I really feel bad for him...
Even if you ignore the removal of Bucket Braking, his absolutely brutal smash attacks got heavily nerfed in terms of range and knockback, his aerials no longer have lasting hitboxes and have crazy landing lag, and all his disjointed hitboxes are gone. Poor guy has nothing now.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Apologies for being so blunt, but I really don't like Palutena. I'm also annoyed that she and the Miis (who I also dislike) are the only characters who have true customization instead of just variations. Sakurai can go on about 'uniqueness' all he wants, but when the only thing that makes a character unique is that they had more time spent on them, I start to doubt him a little.
Yeah, I despise that the Miis took of so much development time, and you can't even play as them online with anyone, they shouldn't have spent so much time on Miis and instead focused on getting :mewtwopm::wolf::lucas: in the base game, it could be done.
I always knew Nintendo was secretly run by Wario. WarioWare is probably based on a true story.
If Nintendo were truly run by Wario, all we'd have to do is throw our money at him and he'd give us more DLC.
Hoo-haaa everyday

Hoo-Haa everynight

Can't let you hoo haa Diddy. (now that I think about Wolf might actually be able to disrupt Diddy, since he's got some power and some combos.) I never liked Diddy in Brawl either.
I've never played as Mewtwo before so I don't know what to expect from him, hopefully I enjoy playing as him.

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
I have been thinking, I won't need the Wii U Mewtwo code. Anyone want to trade me some CN codes for him? I'm good on my word, once he releases I will give you the code for the Wii U version.

Sorry if this brakes the rules.

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Yeah, I despise that the Miis took of so much development time, and you can't even play as them online with anyone, they shouldn't have spent so much time on Miis and instead focused on getting :mewtwopm::wolf::lucas: in the base game, it could be done.

If Nintendo were truly run by Wario, all we'd have to do is throw our money at him and he'd give us more DLC.

Can't let you hoo haa Diddy. (now that I think about Wolf might actually be able to disrupt Diddy, since he's got some power and some combos.) I never liked Diddy in Brawl either.
I've never played as Mewtwo before so I don't know what to expect from him, hopefully I enjoy playing as him.
i like the miis though... :(

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Miis are OK. I just use Miis to make some random people in Smash.

Like everyone from Peanuts, A-Team and Eddy Wally.

Literally over 70 Miis

PF9

Smash Lord
Wouldn't it be cool if the classic or All-Star clear picture was a screen capture from Pokemon: The First Movie? It is the media that defined Mewtwo after all.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
But with Miis we can have those 3 if you just use your imagination!

See?

MrKandy

Smash Cadet
NNID
xBingox
  3. *Direct happens*
THE END!
Never joke like this. Mewtwo is life! *gets knife ready*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom