• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
To be honest, I hate both Mega Mewtwos. Not only were they unnecessary, they just look plain weird. Though if Mewtwo getting two Megas got Sakurai to make note of him again, then I'll love them forever.
While Mewtwo X looks like total ass I have to say Mewtwo Y is pretty awesome actually since he gets closer to Mew then he ever did.

As for the tourney I can't join if the character isn't released and if I absolutely hate him it won't be a thing to begin with.

Spirst

That's the thing though, I know Mewtwo is a clone of Mew but I don't like his appearance getting "closer to Mew than he ever did." Mew is Mew and Mewtwo is Mewtwo. Having that obvious distinction in form and in personality is why I appreciated the dichotomy. Having Mewtwo Y with the same cutesy proportions as Mew but still being Mewtwo at the core makes it seem more like an angry carebear than the legitimate powerful menace that is Mewtwo.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Personally I like the base Mewtwo form the best. It's kinda like Tyranitar. He didn't need a Mega.

Besides Mewtwo X gets a 4x weakness to Fairy which isn't too great.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Design-wise I prefer MMY(if in the games only), but gameplay-wise, despite that massive SpAtk, I prefer base Mewtwo. There are Megas that put in a lot more work(Salamence) and are much better than MMY because of it.

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
I like both the megas the same Mewtwo Y's design is a lot more organic as well as looking extremly powerful.
Mewtwo X really shows off it's attack stat by giving it thicker arms and a less riged body.
However regular Mewtwo is my favorite, the design is great and shows it is extremly powerful stats that reflect it's design very well.

D

Deleted member

In the back page, it seems the Frieza (and Cooler) connection had been made once more.

But a thought occurred to me....Mewtwo's got kind of a Sphynx cat-like face (fitting, because of being a genetically altered Mew, a feline-like creature).
Tell me, doesn't Mewtwo's face in Smash 4 kind of remind you guys of this guy?

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
In the back page, it seems the Frieza (and Cooler) connection had been made once more.

But a thought occurred to me....Mewtwo's got kind of a Sphynx cat-like face (fitting, because of being a genetically altered Mew, a feline-like creature).

Now that you mention is, yes. Does that make Mew Whis?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I like Mega Mewtwo X and Y equally. I think both of their designs are awesome, and I personally don't see any gender-esque traits in either of them. Similarly, I'm drawn to both of their stats. I like Mega Mewtwo Y's absolutely ridiculous, Deoxys Attack Forme-shaming Special Attack stat and Darkrai-killing Insomnia ability, but hate that it loses out on Defense. Mega Mewtwo X's dual-typing and Attack-stat boost is great to me, but I'm not a huge fan of his Steadfast ability.

Now that you mention it, it'd ones resembles Mewtwo's face, and eerily so.
Meta Knight because he takes skill to play. Mega Lucario is a Final Smash and no one uses those because they are lame. Fierce Deity Link may be super awesome in Majora's Mask and now Hyrule Warriors but in Smash he is a forewarning that you got a spammer approaching. Much like how if you see a Light Suit Samus you already know how annoying the battle will be.

On a more serious note it's Mewtwo because Mewtwo Social Topic.

On a more Bowser note it's Bowser because I said so.
I use Final Smashes in more casual matches, and I personally think that they're really cool. They're the only items I ever really turn on. I suppose it's because they're technically part of a character's moveset, and also because they look awesome. However, I do turn them off in more serious matches because I understand how tide-changing and random they can be. I'm really a semi-casual, I guess.
Come to think of it, I don't guess I be against a meter that fills up when you perform well/get attacked, like a slower-charging KO Meter, and when it's filled up, you get a Final Smash. The Smash Ball could function as an insta-fill for that meter.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It's funny, Lucina's Critical Hit can one shot Ridley, but Marth's can't. So hers is better. :seuss:

Joke aside, transformation Final Smashes are good depending on character. Wario has insane mobility, Lucario has great damage, Charizard is a balanced mix of the two...

I'd rank those above most FS, honestly.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It's funny, Lucina's Critical Hit can one shot Ridley, but Marth's can't. So hers is better. :seuss:

Joke aside, transformation Final Smashes are good depending on character. Wario has insane mobility, Lucario has great damage, Charizard is a balanced mix of the two...

I tried using Marth and Lucina's Critical Hit on Ridley...they just go through him.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I find it hilarious that after nearly two decades, and three forms that look like DBZ villains, there's finally a DBZ villain that looks like Mewtwo.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Unfortunately as it stands some characters have FS's that outclass others.
While this is 100% true, that's like saying Fox's Side B is better than Zelda's, which is true, but, despite Nintendo's inability to fix Zelda, it is possible to balance the two. If Final Smashes were to be implemented via a Final Smash Meter, then they would obviously have to be completely rethought in order to actually be balanced. So, at this point in time, implementing a Final Smash Meter would wreck everything, but it's possible to rebalance them. Also, if there ever is an FS Meter, I would advocate an "Off" function, just for those who dislike them.
how about we keep mmy and mmx both as trophys and get an awesome fs
Yeah, pretty much this. I'm sick of transformation Final Smashes. They're just too prevalent this time around. I'd rather see Psystrike. It's his Signature Move, so why not? The way I imagine it is Mewtwo summoning a massive tornado of Dark energy, sorta like the First Movie, and then Mewtwo floats in the center and you can move the tornado in any direction until the move ends. It's not exactly akin to its official animation, but neither is Volt Tackle's, and I personally think that my idea is pretty cool.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Funny thing is, is that if Lucario is loosing by a stock and he is like at like 150% - 200%, Lucario in his Mega evolution form, with out actually being in it :p

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I hope everyone knows I named my Mewtwo "Frieza" & my Shiny Mewtwo "Kuriza." Kuriza has X, Frieza has Y.

upload_2015-2-5_10-9-37.jpeg

Fun Fact: I named Yveltal as "Bills" & Zygarde as "Whis." /dbznerd

Sucks that Shiny isn't brown tho

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
You guys hear the news for Pokebank on February 27th? Sheer Force Feraligatr. Oh boy. We get the other 2 with their HA's but who cares about them. SF Gatr. Oh yeah.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Speaking of HA Pokes, can a kind soul give me a HA Tyrunt? I missed the tournament because I was busy playing other games and I didn't know about this.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Oh my gosh... I totally forgot tomorrow was Mewtwo's birthday. How could I possibly forget such an important event? I must now find a picture of Mewtwo celebrating his birthday to post at 12:01 tomorrow morning. I just know all of you will be up that late/early:p.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
By the way guys the Mewtwo only tournament first place prize has been upgraded to a free game or item of your choice from the new club Nintendo catalog. Right now the coin count must be 600 or less but that may change in the future.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
By the way guys the Mewtwo only tournament first place prize has been upgraded to a free game or item of your choice from the new club Nintendo catalog. Right now the coin count must be 600 or less but that may change in the future.
Man I need to start training now. Just let me boot up Sma-

Oh wait. :(

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Managed to get a Xerneas off the GTS for an Articuno. Getting closer and to a complete pokedex...

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Speaking of HA Pokes, can a kind soul give me a HA Tyrunt? I missed the tournament because I was busy playing other games and I didn't know about this.
I will be breeding plenty. Send me a PM and I'll get back to you with one when they release on the 17th of February. The creamcakes delayed the Tyrunt distribution.

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
would it be broken if m2 could attack out of his teleport and hover? i mean if he plays like an offensive juggernaut like that, he would need to be huge and light to balance it. i like finesse offensive pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom