• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
You know I would have preferred Groudon and Kyogre getting the same treatment as Rayquaza. Just have Precipice Blades and the dumb Water Move on the movepool and you can digivolve so you can hold a Choice Band or a Life Orb.

But no we had to give Rayquaza insane stats and the ability to hold an item as well.

Against a optimized Mega Ray my Aggron wouldn't stand a chance. The one I fought was using Thunderbolt against my Skarmory. Which Mega Ray's own ability worked against itself.

C3CC

Smash Lord
The hate mail demands are the worst. Some people are so self-entitled and believe they have any rights to make a guy work beyond what he had been working on for at least two years on the basis of him 'owing' them something. It always annoys me to encounter those kinds of people.

Wolf is a cut I don't really understand. I can get Lucas, Ice Climbers, Pokemon Trainer, and Snake but I do not get why Wolf was cut.
Can you please elaborate on why you think Wolf's cut is different from Lucas's cut?

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Can you please elaborate on why you think Wolf's cut is different from Lucas's cut?
This. Lucas and Wolf are basically in the same boat, both of them are semi clones. There's a good chance both were cut due to time constraints too, as unlike with PT, Snake and IC, there wasn't a clear cut reason for why they were cut. PT = No transformations anymore, Snake = Copyright, IC = 3DS Limitations.

Spirst

Honestly, I forgot about Lucas simply because I didn't care about him much at all. Never got into the Mother series. Though his cut also doesn't make much sense, he has less to go on than Wolf considering Mother 3 was a Japan-only release and his only outing vs Wolf who is the antagonist of a more popular international franchise.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Honestly, I forgot about Lucas simply because I didn't care about him much at all. Never got into the Mother series. Though his cut also doesn't make much sense, he has less to go on than Wolf considering Mother 3 was a Japan-only release and his only outing vs Wolf who is the antagonist of a more popular international franchise.
Eh, fair enough. Although being a diehard Mother 3 fanboy and previous Lucas main myself, i can say Starfox isn't in that much better of a position. Starfox U wasn't announced until E3 2014 and before that the only game since Starfox Command (also coming out in 2006 like Mother 3, not to mention was definitely more disliked compared to the others SF games in the franchise) was a remake of 64, so it's not like Starfox was much more relevant than Mother in this gen. of gaming. Starfox U is the only thing making it relevant now, although it was announced very late into Smash Bros. 4's development to really make a diff. in Wolf getting in. :\

Not to mention, if i don't mind saying, Shulk was easily in the same situation as Lucas for a time (although the JP only thing only lasted to 2012), and despite that he made it in despite his obscurity, and chances are, with its rising popularity, he'll stay in. If Shulk made it in despite his odds, i'd say it wouldn't have been that much of a stretch for Lucas and Wolf to return had there been more development time.

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Yeah well. I am Defiant. Muh muh muh

------------------

Earthbound is silly. Everyone is a bobblehead.
EB may be silly, Mother 3's the exact opposite though (although, i doubt anyone here on this thread has played it, i could be wrong), it's a bit quirky and funny, but definitely has a darker tone. Hence why i love it so much. Its like the Xenoblade before Xenoblade was a thing. : P

Last edited:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
After playing Mother3 I can honestly say that Lucas has endured some tough **** and he has certanly become one of my favourite characters.

I mean his mother and bro died and he had to fight a manchild with his army and chimeras, which have been brutaly experimented on. Plus his brother turned out to be alive but brainwashed by said manchild and now he has to stop them both or the world will end

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Fair enough then. To each's own.

After playing Mother3 I can honestly say that Lucas has endured some tough **** and he has certanly become one of my favourite characters.

I mean his mother and bro died and he had to fight a manchild with his army and chimeras, which have been brutaly experimented on. Plus his brother turned out to be alive but brainwashed by said manchild and now he stop them both or the world will end
Omg you actually played it? : O

Same here, you'll never see Mario going through some truly horrifying things like that (Link...thats a different story). He lost his mother (and was even implied to see her get gored by the Mecha-Drago aswell, making it even worse), he assumed his brothre died and harbored the guilt for not going with him and letting him "die". His home got completely modernized and everyone basically turned into ****s, and then he had to fight a warped dictatorship and said manchild Porky (easily most hated Nintendo villain along with Zanza), and then fight his brainwashed brother for the fate of the world. And despite all of that, he never lost his resolve to do what is right and bring peace to the world. Now that's what i call a freaking bad*** protagonist.

Last edited:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
The sunflower episode really hit me, though.

Also, Lucas becomes op as **** with PK Love Omega alongside Kuma with PK Ground. It makes the cyborg battle a real joke.

Spatman

Smash Ace
Fair enough then. To each's own.

Omg you actually played it? : O

Same here, you'll never see Mario going through some truly horrifying things like that (Link...thats a different story). He lost his mother (and was even implied to see her get gored by the Mecha-Drago aswell, making it even worse), he assumed his brothre died and harbored the guilt for not going with him and letting him "die". His home got completely modernized and everyone basically turned into ****s, and then he had to fight a warped dictatorship and said manchild Porky (easily most hated Nintendo villain along with Zanza), and then fight his brainwashed brother for the fate of the world. And despite all of that, he never lost his resolve to do what is right and bring peace to the world. Now that's what i call a freaking bad*** protagonist.
oh, wow... from the first SSE video, Lucas seemed to me a coward

I miss both Lucas and Wolf. But in particular Lucas, I definitely love his up smash and down smash!

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
The sunflower episode really hit me, though.

Also, Lucas becomes op as **** with PK Love Omega alongside Kuma with PK Ground. It makes the cyborg battle a real joke.
PK Ground is just OP/broken as crap altogether honestly. It's why i don't use it. Whenever i come up against PSI Shield/Counter, i just use PK Thunder instead.

Yeah, Episode 6 was pretty heartjerking. Loved it.

oh, wow... from the first SSE video, Lucas seemed to me a coward

I miss both Lucas and Wolf. But in particular Lucas, I definitely love his up smash and down smash!
Literally everyone who sees SSE and hasn't played M3 assumes that. Really it's just referencing that fact that he started off as a crybaby and later matured into a bad*** kid with psychic powers.

Last edited:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
PK Ground is just OP/broken as crap altogether honestly. It's why i don't use it. Whenever i come up against PSI Shield/Counter, i just use PK Thunder instead.

Yeah, Episode 6 was pretty heartjerking. Loved it.
Yeah, as soon as I stomped that cyborg, I restarted the battle and refrained myself from using the op skills. I mean, I want to enjoy the boss battle and the beautiful music.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
*ahem*socialthread*ahem*
We can talk about whatever we want.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
But there is nothing to discuss. I'd rather talk about Tyranitar.
Oh come on! All you ever talk about is pseudo-legendaries!

Gotta diversify your pokemon lineup! It wasn't until I found out how much of a baller Camerupt and Belroom are! Xatu is quickly rising to one of my favorite flying types too!

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Just a friendly reminder that today and tomorrow is the last day for both the M2 DLC and the soundtrack CD promotion for all Australians and New Zealanders.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
But there is nothing to discuss. I'd rather talk about Tyranitar.
Sure they're are stuff to talk about, Such as

Mewtwo's megas

slap fights over the voice actor

Mewtwo's standing in Pokemon and smash competitive play

favorite moments with mewtwo

Q:A with Mewtwo-Senpai

Mewtwo Dating sims

Mewtwo T-Shirt sales

and finally, Mewtwo release dates

now go, talk with people *sho sho*

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Sure they're are stuff to talk about, Such as

Mewtwo's megas

slap fights over the voice actor

Mewtwo's standing in Pokemon and smash competitive play

favorite moments with mewtwo

Q:A with Mewtwo-Senpai

Mewtwo Dating sims

Mewtwo T-Shirt sales

and finally, Mewtwo release dates

now go, talk with people *sho sho*
But, as Spirst said earlier, we've pretty much talked about most of those things (except probably Q&A...and why dating sims? Or T-shirts tbh). :\

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
But, as Spirst said earlier, we've pretty much talked about most of those things (except probably Q&A...and why dating sims? Or T-shirts tbh). :\
Cause dating sims are the future of pokemon entertainment. How else will you get close to your pokemon besides touching them and feeding them treats?

C3CC

Smash Lord
Oh, fair enough. I mean, Star Fox IS more popular than Mother due to it being available in both Japan and America, but that doesn't justify that either of them were cut. Lucas was my main in Brawl and I miss him and his Up-Smash a lot.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
You know I would have preferred Groudon and Kyogre getting the same treatment as Rayquaza. Just have Precipice Blades and the dumb Water Move on the movepool and you can digivolve so you can hold a Choice Band or a Life Orb.

But no we had to give Rayquaza insane stats and the ability to hold an item as well.

Against a optimized Mega Ray my Aggron wouldn't stand a chance. The one I fought was using Thunderbolt against my Skarmory. Which Mega Ray's own ability worked against itself.
What? Do you want to watch the world burn (or drown) or what?

Mega Ray Ray pretty much breaks the game, so much that they had to vanish it from Ubers and create another tier for it since it pretty much gives the middle finger to the regular Mega Evolution mechanics. Groudon and Kyogre are fine the way they are and their new upgrades are considered good enough but not to the extent of Rayquaza's brokeness.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
What? Do you want to watch the world burn (or drown) or what?

Mega Ray Ray pretty much breaks the game, so much that they had to vanish it from Ubers and create another tier for it since it pretty much gives the middle finger to the regular Mega Evolution mechanics. Groudon and Kyogre are fine the way they are and their new upgrades are considered good enough but not to the extent of Rayquaza's brokeness.
Then again I do like the fact I can have a Primal and a Mega on the same team. ^_^

Oh come on! All you ever talk about is pseudo-legendaries!

Gotta diversify your pokemon lineup! It wasn't until I found out how much of a baller Camerupt and Belroom are! Xatu is quickly rising to one of my favorite flying types too!
Alright. Let's talk about the greatness that is No Guard Machamp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom