• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
YES!I would just like to apologize to @Zipzo for any disrespectful things I had said.Finally great to see this thread again!

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
So good to be back. The people in this thread are awesome. Now, down to business. Do we think that he will have a new moveset or will it be sticking to Melee? Im thinking a new moveset. They have a new model and extra time to create a new moveset so why not?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So...in hindsight, Zipzo was right.

How did THAT happen?

Who cares.

Mewtwo is back. Him and Lucina will be my main duo once he drops.

Steelia

Smash Champion
So, SO glad to see him finally return. I'm hoping he'll have a somewhat reworked moveset (all the tail flicking in Melee wasn't all too exciting or true to character), but I can't be picky. Now to wait for gameplay, and that amazing HD render.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
We may be 300+ pages in, but I can confidently say that THIS is the true start of the thread.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
As I said in the other thread.

Dump Confusion in favor of Psystrike. Has the ability to pierce shields but with only minor knockback, since you can't really transfer the "Special targeting Defense" quirk 1:1 to Smash.

Keep Disable. He can still remain as the only one to forcibly inflict shield-break on people.

That's all I'd like aside from a weight buff.
I wonder if they purposely held off on officially announcing the Kalos League stage for so long because they thought they'd get done with Mewtwo quicker and wanted to lump the stage in a reveal video for him.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Wonder what'll happen with the existing Mewtwo trophy... will it be renamed? Will Mewtwo's Classic trophy be name Mewtwo (Smash)? Will the existing trophy be Mewtwo's trophy (and thus make it so that we don't have to beat classic with Mewtwo)? Question everywhere

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So damn happy about this. Me and my friend lost our **** when we talked on Skype and saw it live. :p

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
So, SO glad to see him finally return. I'm hoping he'll have a somewhat reworked moveset (all the tail flicking in Melee wasn't all too exciting or true to character), but I can't be picky. Now to wait for gameplay, and that amazing HD render.
After all that disappointment from everyone after the 3DS version was released... this feels SOOOOO good.

I never lost hope though, I was waiting until the Wii U was released.. AND IT PAID OFF!

Something to keep in mind: Sakurai did mention recently that if he were to bring back anything from the older games (which includes Melee) it has to be reworked from the ground up. So Mewtwo already got a new model, the odds of him getting a new moveset will be very likely. But I agree, I hope we see less tail action.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Wonder what'll happen with the existing Mewtwo trophy... will it be renamed? Will Mewtwo's Classic trophy be name Mewtwo (Smash)? Will the existing trophy be Mewtwo's trophy (and thus make it so that we don't have to beat classic with Mewtwo)? Question everywhere
I think they will have separate trophies and either rename the first or call the second one Smash.

Grovbi

Smash Rookie
I'm so glad to see him back! He was, by far, the veteran I wanted to see return the most. I can't wait to see how he'll play.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
My reaction was pretty funny. I saw the feet, and said "No ****ing way". I then proceeded to jump around like an idiot with my normally low voice reaching a hilariously squeaky pitch.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Okay, so Mewtwo will be available for FREE with the purchase of both games.

Although, I assume that it will cost money to get otherwise, as I doubt they'd keep a DLC character THAT exclusive, especially since Mewtwo is literally THE most wanted character. I think they started on Mewtwo relatively late considering it will be out in 2015, as an ultimate act of fanservice, but it's incredibly great that we're in the DLC age, otherwise Mewtwo would've had to go the way of Brawl.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
My reaction was pretty funny. I saw the feet, and said "No ****ing way". I then proceeded to jump around like an idiot with my normally low voice reaching a hilariously squeaky pitch.
I guess you should edit your Sig to color up Mewtwo.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ah, it's so good to be back.

I never doubted that Mewtwo would be a top candidate for DLC if he wasn't included in the game by the initial release, but the announcement today came off as a rather splendid, yet quite early surprise to me. It almost felt unreal.

Unreal and surprising as it was though, I did say it was a splendid one after all. :p

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Im so hlad my favorite of all times is back

Well even if i dont get both version (even though its likely) i am more than willing to pay for mewtwo.

Mewtwo for smash 5 as non dlc

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Ah, it's so good to be back.

I never doubted that Mewtwo would be a top candidate for DLC if he wasn't included in the game by the initial release, but the announcement today came off as a rather splendid, yet quite early surprise to me. It almost felt unreal.

Unreal and surprising as it was though, I did say it was a splendid one after all. :p
The game feels complete now. To me anyway. I have the 3DS version and I'm enjoying it but I couldn't settle on a main, I just couldn't get over Mewtwo. Then this happened.

Life's good. Life's good. Thank you Sakurai.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I told myself, "never again," after what happened when Mega Man was confirmed...**** it Sakurai you lovable troll you. :laugh:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
My reaction was, on the outside, underwhelming; a complete loss of all senses, and nearly falling over. No outside onlookers would have been able to tell just how thrilled I really am just from looking.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'll be shocked if Mewtwo doesn't come with a power-armor and a cloaked-cape costume.

We have the anime referenced in two trophies, and Mewtwo was the closest Smash ever got to directly referencing the show until those trophies. With everyone having 8 costumes in Sm4sh, giving him the armor and the cloak seems like the next step.

Last edited:

Spirst

I wonder, do you guys think he'll be displayed as a villain? I'm sure there are some events that have you against villain characters and I'm wondering if he's still classified as one.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Mewtwo is happening. I can't believe it. I must have squealed at the reveal... Good thing I was home alone. xD

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I'll be shocked if Mewtwo doesn't come with a power-armor and a cloaked-cape costume.

We have the anime referenced in two trophies, and Mewtwo was the closest Smash ever got to directly referencing the show until those trophies. With everyone having 8 costumes in Sm4sh, giving him the armor and the cloak seems like the next step.
As much as I would like to see the armor (and believe me if it's in that would be my favorite costume) I'm not sure if Nintendo would want to seem like they're pulling a Project M. But hey, I could not care less. That armored look is badass. As for the cape.. that would be a welcomed addition.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Soooo happy to see Mewtwo's coming back!!!! I wonder if they'll update his moveset... also, I noticed they mentioned Snake.... *crosses fingers for Snake DLC*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom