• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Mewtwo = Lucario / Spacegodzilla = Godzilla?

Slower movement, more heavily ranged moveset? Bonus points if Mewtwo's "melee" attacks show her holding a giant spoon if you pause at the right time. :awesome:
Lucario only has one ranged move though, and most of his attacks are melee. What I'm thinking is that he'd be a ranged/tank that's weak in melee/close ranged combat, especially since we don't reallly have that character combination yet. Not just the Shadow Ball, but Psystrike and other ranged psychic attacks. The spoon tho. That would be EPIC.

Last edited:

The Gerbil

Smash Cadet
You heard it here first- every Pokemon team on X and Y version online will consist of: Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo for the next few days.

Of course it will be Mewtwo who carries every match.

Dust the Baptist

Weeaboos aren't people.
NNID
Mank210
3DS FC
2809-9541-0380
I just hope Mewtwo gets buffed and isn't trash like in melee. I liked playing as him and all that good stuff in melee but you're gonna have an uphill battle in a snowstorm if you play as him in a tourney.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
I just hope Mewtwo gets buffed and isn't trash and in melee.
Jokes on you, he's already in Melee :awesome:

Really though? Even if he's "terrible" I'll still play him. I love watching tournaments, but I'd never attend one, so his position on a tier list won't hurt him in my eyes.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Lucario only has one ranged move though, and most of his attacks are melee. What I'm thinking is that he'd be a ranged/tank that's weak in melee/close ranged combat, especially since we don't reallly have that character combination yet. Not just the Shadow Ball, but Psystrike and other ranged psychic attacks. The spoon tho. That would be EPIC.
Compare Lucario to Godzilla in the fighting games. Only one ranged move, the rest is melee. Spacegodzilla, by contrast, does almost everything at range, including grabbing (in the form of psychokinesis).

But then, I'd rather see Mewtwo as a middleweight. Faster than Lucario, floatier and more special-oriented. Let's start with that, yeah? :smirk:

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
You heard it here first- every Pokemon team on X and Y version online will consist of: Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo for the next few days.

Of course it will be Mewtwo who carries every match.
I actually made this team a few months ago. All pokemon 5 IV.

D

Deleted member

It's good to see this all end on a good note for Mewtwo fans.

Congratulation everyone, Mewtwo has finally returned.

Dust the Baptist

Weeaboos aren't people.
NNID
Mank210
3DS FC
2809-9541-0380
crap i can't type for beans now i feel dumb. i meant to say "like" not "and" :urg:

Last edited:

The Gerbil

Smash Cadet
I love watching tourneys too on twitch.tv but tourney players are in the minority.

I am into the competitive scene, but most of my real life friends have no idea about the tech stuff in Melee (wavedash, DI, double jump cancel, etc.) They think guys like Kirby and Bowser are the best characters.

Even if Mewtwo is low tier in SSB4 like melee, it won't change the majority's view on him.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Jokes on you, he's already in Melee :awesome:

Really though? Even if he's "terrible" I'll still play him. I love watching tournaments, but I'd never attend one, so his position on a tier list won't hurt him in my eyes.
If he's anything like he is in Project M I'm maining the piss out of him.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
@ IsmaR IsmaR I'll try this again.

Title suggestions: His Purpose is to Fight! WE SUCCEEDED! MEWTWO COMES BACK! (Last two are linked!)

Personal favorite: Everyone here is poorly trained.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Compare Lucario to Godzilla in the fighting games. Only one ranged move, the rest is melee. Spacegodzilla, by contrast, does almost everything at range, including grabbing (in the form of psychokinesis).

But then, I'd rather see Mewtwo as a middleweight. Faster than Lucario, floatier and more special-oriented. Let's start with that, yeah? :smirk:
Oh, I'm not familiar with Space Godzilla, lol. I'm down with that too! I just don't want him to be light like in Melee... :glare:

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
If he's anything like he is in Project M I'm maining the piss out of him.
So will I, but only if I can get her for less than sixty dollars.

I'm down with that too! I just don't want him to be light like in Melee... :glare:
Depends... would you say Lucario is light? Because I'm thinking that's about the perfect weight for Mewtwo. If she's going to be slow, her weight needs to go up, but if she's going to be light, her speed needs the buff. Also fits with the prospect of Mega Y being her FS.

Last edited:

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
Congrats dudes. All of our hard work finally paid off. Not much else to say at this point other than this is the happiest day of my smash life.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
God, how many people are on this thread. I'm seriously wondering if crashboards is inveitible. (if Roy is confirmed then it will be crashed boards until his released)

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Depends... would you say Lucario is light? Because I'm thinking that's about the perfect weight for Mewtwo. If she's going to be slow, her weight needs to go up, but if she's going to be light, her speed needs the buff. Also fits with the prospect of Mega Y being her FS.
Lucario is the perfect weight actually. But SSBM Mewtwo was way light and easily KO'd because of it. I'd be fine if he was the same weight as Lucario. Though technically, Mewtwo is heavier than Lucario in the Pokemon games - not that that's an indicator of how he'll be in Smash, but I'd prefer if he was slightly heavier than Lucario if not of equal weight. But yes, if he's gonna be light, he's going to have to be a LOT faster than SSBM Mewtwo, especially if he's going to be gliding again, though I'd prefer the idea of a slow/weighty Mewtwo because his teleport is pretty instantaneous already and can be used for movement (which I hope he keeps.)

Oh, and I hope his jumps don't do those weird tumbling curves.. those were.. odd..

PS, I appreciate you using the pronoun "her." :)

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
Lucario is the perfect weight actually. But SSBM Mewtwo was way light and easily KO'd because of it. I'd be fine if he was the same weight as Lucario. Though technically, Mewtwo is heavier than Lucario in the Pokemon games - not that that's an indicator of how he'll be in Smash, but I'd prefer if he was slightly heavier than Lucario if not of equal weight. But yes, if he's gonna be light, he's going to have to be a LOT faster than SSBM Mewtwo, especially if he's going to be gliding again, though I'd prefer the idea of a slow/weighty Mewtwo because his teleport is pretty instantaneous already and can be used for movement (which I hope he keeps.)
Mewtwo can still be a heavyweight, but have the same "light" feel in the air or when getting knocked around. There are different values at play that determine how "heavy" they are (namely, air friction, overall aerial mobility, and gravity for fast falling). Seeing him a mix of Ganondorf and Charizard (heavyweight but capable in the air) would be satisfying.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Mewtwo can still be a heavyweight, but have the same "light" feel in the air or when getting knocked around. There are different values at play that determine how "heavy" they are (namely, air friction, overall aerial mobility, and gravity for fast falling). Seeing him a mix of Ganondorf and Charizard (heavyweight but capable in the air) would be satisfying.
Oh my goodness... that last sentence. YES!! Combined with his instant teleport? HELL. YES.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The obvious example to this would be Rosalina, who I imagine came from that exact idea.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503

Oh, and I hope his jumps don't do those weird tumbling curves.. those were.. odd..

PS, I appreciate you using the pronoun "her." :)
Keep her light and fast, she can actually be compared to Lucario that way (different BST's, but similar roles in their respective tiers). Fast, strong attacks (she doesn't get Aura Boost, remember!), and floaty. Take away the teleport (which Mewtwo doesn't actually learn, nor use in either movie) and replace it with a facsimile of Extreme Speed (basically, the flying bubble-shield from the First Movie). Shadow Ball can even be dropped to a custom option, since she has a new signature attack in Psystrike.

And "odd" jumps should be par for the course; she might not actually be "jumping." ;)

I don't want Mewtwo being a girl.
Too bad, you've been :4greninja:'d.

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I always knew Mewtwo would return. I said it from the beginning that he had a 95% chance to get in. That statistic may sound like BS, but hey he's in so.....

I still don't understand why they waited until this long to make him.....I guess Sakurai was being stupid and then realized that he was stupid and was like w8 guyz i forgot Mew2King in Smash hold on.

tldr: Mewtwo is my lord and savoir!

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
She reminds me more of SSBM Mewtwo, honestly :p Big target, very floaty, but also lightweight despite her size.
That's what i was trying to get at... Bad wording on my part I guess. :p

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I'm curious as too Mewtwo fans who is your main since Mewtwo is not in?Mine is Shulk(3x more play time than anyone cept for Link cuz demo)

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
If you look at it, MewTwo being back means that pretty much all the cuts in Melee are back.

Young Link = Toon Link
Dr. Mario's back
MewTwo's back

Now the only characters are Roy and Pichu, but I doubt Sakurai wants 5 FE characters and nobody wants Pichu back, so yeah.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Then use proper terminology and use "it" then.

At least it won't be as awkward as Ivysaur changing genders between languages.
In English, "proper" terminology is to use the masculine pronoun when referring to an androgyne.

Mewtwo is feminine in her most recent appearance, therefore I assume this one will be as well.

I'm curious as too Mewtwo fans who is your main since Mewtwo is not in?Mine is Shulk(3x more play time than anyone cept for Link cuz demo)
Check the sig. Subject to change pending whether or not I can acquire Mewtwo without buying the game again.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
In English, "proper" terminology is to use the masculine pronoun when referring to an androgyne.

Mewtwo is feminine in her most recent appearance, therefore I assume this one will be as well.
Mewtwo in Pokemon: Origins is not feminine at all.

It's a genderless Pokemon. Even the ones that aren't genderless are referred to as "it/they" in the trophies/descriptions.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
If you look at it, MewTwo being back means that pretty much all the cuts in Melee are back.

Young Link = Toon Link
Dr. Mario's back
MewTwo's back

Now the only characters are Roy and Pichu, but I doubt Sakurai wants 5 FE characters and nobody wants Pichu back, so yeah.
You could argue that Lucina is Roy's successor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom