• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Would it be weird if certain characters were forced to stay locked through coding? Like, in order to not spoiler anything the developers made it so certain characters can't be unlocked? Then, on release day the release a patch and say, "Oh we wanted to keep these characters secret, so we made sure leakers wouldn't be able to show off all the surprises. Have fun unlocking the last few characters."

CHAINSAWmuzik

Smash Cadet
I share your anger. This is my second chance to finally be able to add something rare to my collection (the first chance being Jack Bros, a very expensive Virtual Boy game I saw at a garage sale in it's box for only $8. Asked them to hold it for me as I walked back to my house to get my wallet. When I came back, we found out somebody stole it). I'll be so mad if I have to be one of the first to show up again to get the coin. If you look at your receipt though, it says "Your Pre-ordered item(s) may be eligible for exclusive content upon pickup".
Yeah my receipt says that, which best buy did you go to?

Wolf is seriously a trophy?!? Who's putting out this info?

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
I just went to one in my area. I don't feel like disclosing my location. It might endanger my ninja comrades.

Can you link me the guy who is releasing these pics?
EDIT: Yes, Paper Mario is a trophy! I'm so sick of the noobs who want him as a character. As if we need a third character variant of Mario in Sm4sh...

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
A little earlier in the thread we were talking about palettes and how one of Greninja's colors might reference Mewtwo. I'm going to bring up that if Dark Pit is in the game as a clone, Pit has a Dark Pit color palette...

CHAINSAWmuzik

Smash Cadet
I just went to one in my area. I don't feel like disclosing my location. It might endanger my ninja comrades.
I respect the jutsu lol I just hope best buy doesn't play us

Is it possible to have coding that secure? Like once someone has their hands on it in Japan it should be open season on the roster... and if I'm not mistaken don't playable characters still have trophies as well? So that shouldn't automatically rule wolf out

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say the colors are exact enough to be clear references anyway. Neither one has a shade of purple dark enough to match Mewtwo.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Not sure how the trophy deconfirms Wolf..
Remember in Brawl how Fox and Falco had trophies for their appearances in Assault and Command? It said Fox (Assault) for example, though I don't know if it was the same in Japan.

It doesn't look well for :wolf: as the trophy's title is "Wolf". If it were "Wolf (Assault)" then Wolf would still have a slim shot, but it doesn't (at least I think).

So :wolf: possibly got the same treatment :mewtwomelee: did in Brawl...

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
I heard somebody saying we're going to have a "melee reunion". Doctor Mario, Roy, Mewtwo, and Pichu (but Ice Climbers are cut). God I hope Pichu isn't back...

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I don't see what any of this has to do with Mewtwo. I'm waiting on either a Mewtwo unlock or disconfirmation through trophy. A Wolf trophy doesn't disconfirm Mewtwo.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Well, I just know that once the full roster is leaked, I'm going to need to do a video on it. Now, the issue will be obtaining said roster, but I'll find figure that out. I mean, I'm sure when the true roster is done, it'll end up here after all. Anywho, here's hoping that we'll get Mewtwo within the next few days.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Falco and Ness are both in. Their art also matches the leak, confirming the rest of the characters even more.

Guess nobody can argue with the leak anymore.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Falco and Ness are both in. Their art also matches the leak, confirming the rest of the characters even more.

Guess nobody can argue with the leak anymore.
So then, it is true. There ARE more characters that haven't been unlocked (referring to the accompanying All-Star mode locked leak.) Let's hope Mewtwo is one of them.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Well, it all comes down to this. Months of expectations and hope are about to end. Our dream of seeing Mewtwo is about to become either true... or crushed in a matter of hours.

I'm so freaking nervous. I don't know how I will handle so much anger if Mewtwo doesn't come back AGAIN.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
And Wolf is down. God please don't let this be Mewtwo's fate.
So, Wolf was a random trophy found?

Well, if Mewtwo's not playable, he's almost guaranteed a trophy. The longer that goes without being found, the better.

I make no promises, but I wish you all the best of luck. Mewtwo should be playable... There's very few characters who deserve it more at this point.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Watch, there'll be an accident today at NoA and the English version of Smash will be canceled.

Wait...OH GOD. TODAY IS 9/11. OH NOES.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
You guys seem to get my gist. I'm decent in-between 50 / 50. So i'm 50% on Mewtwo's likelihood. I'm ready to see the end! Quick thanks for:
Thank you Melee for :mewtwomelee:
Thank you Project Melee for bringing back an old favorite Brawl did not :mewtwopm:

Smash 4, I don't care that much about your game-play other than it's character roster, so I hope this generation of Smash, you're in.

Hold out hope~

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep tonight. I'm too anxious. I NEED to know TONIGHT whether Mewtwo is playable or not.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Huh, I didn't know there was anything against him. Seriously, I'm almost 100% positive he'll be in, there's no reason to leave him out once again.
Development time. Again.

Though why Sakurai wouldn't place him higher on the priority totem pole I have no clue. Including him is an easier decision to make than Mega Man.

Anyway, at this point we're really just waiting for the "All Characters Have Been Unlocked" message. Then, we wait for DLC confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom