• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I wish we got the demo by now :/ Such an annoying tease that we might have to wait for weeks. I feel getting us the demo would kind of tide ourselves over while Japan is enjoying the full game 2 days from now.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well I mean, the further you delude yourself, the harder the disappointment will be if he actually doesn't make the cut.
But what is delusion, when you think about it? How can we truly know the difference between correctly interpreting evidence and being in a state of delusion/denial?

Just something to think about.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
But what is delusion, when you think about it? How can we truly know the difference between correctly interpreting evidence and being in a state of delusion/denial?

Delusion is mostly a *ahem* false sense of security. It's something for people to cling on to when there's no concrete evidence.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I wish we got the demo by now :/ Such an annoying tease that we might have to wait for weeks. I feel getting us the demo would kind of tide ourselves over while Japan is enjoying the full game 2 days from now.
No kidding. I know it's not the intention, but it feels like everywhere else is being mocked.

This anticipation is killing me. Mewtwo isn't even my #1 most wanted, but the sheer uncertainty of it all is making me sweat.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
If someone spends too long with a demo, there's a chance they can tire of it and be less likely to purchase the full game. The demo has to hold their attention until they purchase, and with less content, that is hard to do. So they only drop it near release.

Once they've bought it, they can play for five days then never again, if they want.

Naoshi

I feel saying these alt colors is really stretching it too far. Charizard having a purple color is... just a purple color alt. Purple is a common color in general... I don't see how this exactly hints towards Ridley being playable. Lucario/Greninja has no actual alt color of Mewtwo, even if they do, it may be a coincidence, but it does not mean it's hinting us towards anything. I just feel that it's kind of looking a bit too hard into things :/

If someone spends too long with a demo, there's a chance they can tire of it and be less likely to purchase the full game. The demo has to hold their attention until they purchase, and with less content, that is hard to do. So they only drop it near release.

Once they've bought it, they can play for five days then never again, if they want.
This is reasonable depending on the person, so I get what you're saying here.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I just feel that it's kind of looking a bit too hard into things :/
This is reasonable depending on the person, so I get what you're saying here.
Looking too far into things is saying something like "Ridley's shadow has odd behavior so he's playable" or "Mewtwo image in the clouds in Greninja's trailer so foreshadowing."

Looking at alt colors for evidence is simply a matter of desperation at this point in time.

Naoshi

Looking too far into things is saying something like "Ridley's shadow has odd behavior so he's playable" or "Mewtwo image in the clouds in Greninja's trailer so foreshadowing."

Looking at alt colors for evidence is simply a matter of desperation at this point in time.
Maybe desperation is the better choice of word then. It just kind of bugs me when people kind of resort to it regardless.

But I apologize

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
All these complaints I'm hearing now about the lack of an English demo makes me glad I got to go to the Smash-Fest. I got to play both versions of the game longer than the other attenders (since 1, they kept crashing, and 2, I was the second one there).

Also, does anybody know if we'll be receiving our Smash Bros. coins the day the game comes-out? Because I pre-ordered the 3DS version and I was the second person there, but none of the Nintendo employees gave us one or asked us for shipping information.

If I don't get my coin, I'm going to be so freakin' mad. The Canadians somehow have theirs, and they're being sold on EBay for over $100. :mad:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Maybe desperation is the better choice of word then. It just kind of bugs me when people kind of resort to it regardless.

But I apologize
When it comes to speculation, ANYTHING can be a source of desperation when talking about that character's inclusion. The :snake: fans are desperate, as are the IC fans. Sure, Ridley tops all of them in the desperation factor since he's so requested, but still. People are going to get desperate at some point. I've joked enough about @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed using speed to cope with his for now and I'm pretty sure he wants me dead for continued punning.

There's no need to apologize.

DUDE I WAS FIRST IN LINE FOR THE SMASH FEST AND SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME! I dropped my daughter off at my moms house super early to take the train all the way to queens before best buy even opened! Waited patiently the whole time only for them to tell me that we have to pick it up the day the game releases... no mailing info just a receipt, and theres no info on a midnight release or anything... but canada gets a cool little letter and the coin conveniently mailed to their house... thats utter bullsh*t... I swear mewtwo being confirmed will be the only thing to alleviate the trolling nintendo constantly puts me thru... SMFH... now I gotta go out my way to be do all that stuff all over again cause ill be damned if im not first in line, CAUSE I WANT MY F***ING COIN DAMNIT (and mewtwo)....
I think this could have been worded with less swearing.

Last edited:

CHAINSAWmuzik

Smash Cadet
All these complaints I'm hearing now about the lack of an English demo makes me glad I got to go to the Smash-Fest. I got to play both versions of the game longer than the other attenders (since 1, they kept crashing, and 2, I was the second one there).

Also, does anybody know if we'll be receiving our Smash Bros. coins the day the game comes-out? Because I pre-ordered the 3DS version and I was the second person there, but none of the Nintendo employees gave us one or asked us for shipping information.

If I don't get my coin, I'm going to be so freakin' mad. The Canadians somehow have theirs, and they're being sold on EBay for over $100. :mad:
DUDE I WAS FIRST IN LINE FOR THE SMASH FEST AND SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME! I dropped my daughter off at my moms house super early to take the train all the way to queens before best buy even opened! Waited patiently the whole time only for them to tell me that we have to pick it up the day the game releases... no mailing info just a receipt, and theres no info on a midnight release or anything... but canada gets a cool little letter and the coin conveniently mailed to their house... thats utter bullsh*t... I swear mewtwo being confirmed will be the only thing to alleviate the trolling nintendo constantly puts me thru... SMFH... now I gotta go out my way to be do all that stuff all over again cause ill be damned if im not first in line, CAUSE I WANT MY F***ING COIN DAMNIT (and mewtwo)....

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So the leaks are about to start rolling in.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=129419747&postcount=4209
Some dude has it and will apparently start giving out information.

Ladies and gentlemen is has been an honour speculating with you. May we find enjoyment in this game, with or without Mewtwo.
I have this sinking feeling that I'll be in for a nasty surprise when I wake up tomorrow...

But who cares. I hope for Mewtwo. I'm not stopping until verifiable evidence comes that he's not in.

Oh no...;~;
@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A
FINE I'M PARANOID!!!! ARE YOU HAPPY I ADMITTED IT NOW!?!??! ;~;
Use of allcaps was illogical. That was a pretty blatant fact. Even if you are joking with it, which I doubt.

No, I'm not making more puns since your seriousness is out of character, and OOC is serious business.

Like what? Mewtwo is a stage hazard, boss, assist trophy, Pokéball, or... a poster on a stage?
No, no, no, no, and no.

Just the thought of seeing him deconfirmed is nasty enough.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I have this sinking feeling that I'll be in for a nasty surprise when I wake up tomorrow...

But who cares. I hope for Mewtwo. I'm not stopping until verifiable evidence comes that he's not in.
Like what? Mewtwo is a stage hazard, boss, assist trophy, Pokéball, or... a poster on a stage?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hey @Omnireader, thread's about to explode any hour now.

I'm off to my nuclear bunker but not before tagging you like you asked.

I'll watch the fallout from there and approach once it's cleared up.

Last edited:

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
It's been an honor; the end is at hand. I shall rest my head on the battlefield tonight, not knowing what I will see on the other side.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
;~; I watched in agony as Mewtwo was cut from Brawl....now I might just have to do it again....
He can't exactly be cut from Brawl more than once...

In fact, he can't really be cut more than once if he never returned to begin with.

Though I'd say Mewtwo's chances are fairly good at this point. But, of course, no guarantees.

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
;~; I watched in agony as Mewtwo was cut from Brawl....now I might just have to do it again....
Same here, let's just hope the light at the end of the tunnel leads to paradise...rather than it being a bright fire that tricks you, and by the time you figure it out, you end up trapped and can't escape.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Ladies and Gentlemen all aboard the hype train!

Mewtwo confirmation (or a terrible deconfirmation) incoming in 1... 2...

Last edited:

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
I share your anger. This is my second chance to finally be able to add something rare to my collection (the first chance being Jack Bros, a very expensive Virtual Boy game I saw at a garage sale in it's box for only $8. Asked them to hold it for me as I walked back to my house to get my wallet. When I came back, we found out somebody stole it). I'll be so mad if I have to be one of the first to show up again to get the coin. If you look at your receipt though, it says "Your Pre-ordered item(s) may be eligible for exclusive content upon pickup".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom