• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

f-throw lock

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
haha...he wasn't really "starting ****" with him....your boy artie johns a lot bro....

but on topic, this does work, i did it when i was playing at a friends about an hour ago. I counter picked Lylat and it worked like a charm.

just me?
yep i said i'd stop talking about those games so i will ill just say iwan you wasn't playing so can you stop bringing that **** up.

congratz hax on getting 4th last week how the hell do you train?

Iwan

Smash Ace
yep i said i'd stop talking about those games so i will ill just say iwan you wasn't playing so can you stop bringing that **** up.

lol...its all good artie. I've seen your "IRL" vids and they impressed me homie.

no worries.

Phobandit

Smash Rookie
Yo anyone got any info on that f-throw off the edge to dropped off knee? I seem to remember seeing it earlier in this thread and I can't seem to come close to landing it.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
d*mn key, way to offer a truce after starting **** with my man artie, lol. i'd bet money he'd **** you up with falcon, and no unfortunately i'm not talking about on wifi which you seem to think requires skill :laugh:

so anyway fthrow lock does work.. i haven't tried it since the day i made this thread but i sorta remember you had to be at a certain distance.. not sure though, maybe that was for something else. whatever guys, don't listen to me -_-
I didn't start **** man so right off the bat you're wrong. Also learn to read I already said that Wi-Fi and local play were way different. However, Wi-Fi is all I can get if I'm playing Artie so that's all I can base my positions on. I beat Artie more than I lost against Artie on Wi-Fi, and we had to deal with the same ****. So don't even give me your **** about how I would get ****ed up when you don't have a clue. Maybe he would win, maybe he wouldn't but you're opinion doesn't mean jack. That's for me and Artie to see if we ever play locally. I'm not going to make some prediction based on nothing though. Artie is a good player. Leave it at that. I look forward to more matches against him.

I'm done arguing about bull**** though. It's junk like this that makes this board a disgrace. You stick to yourself and I'll stick to myself.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Hax, do you still play Melee by any chance, or do you mostly stick to Brawl now?

Hax

Smash Champion

i don't lol i just use the mindgames i had from melee. snake is too easy to use lol he ruined the game. well actually a lot of things did. :(

Reaver197 said:
Hax, do you still play Melee by any chance, or do you mostly stick to Brawl now?
well unfortunately i live in new york which means i'm forced to play brawl. but if you go to the weeklies every friday, it looks like they're planning to start melee up again on fridays and brawl on saturdays which means i'll never go to web2zone on a saturday again. =)

seriously people BOYCOTT THIS GAME!!! i know that sounds mad harsh but it's the truth.. this game is wack lol. i know the people who weren't that good at melee love it because it's a fresh start for all of them, but seriously if you get good at melee you will never wanna play brawl again. i'm about to start training people in melee just so less people are going to the brawl tournaments.. this is just getting ridiculous lol melee is like the best game ever i mean saying brawl > melee is like trading gold for **** lol.

Phobandit said:
Yo anyone got any info on that f-throw off the edge to dropped off knee? I seem to remember seeing it earlier in this thread and I can't seem to come close to landing it.
yo excuse my friend dial for mentioning that as one of the things we "invented" lol. i don't know wtf a fthrow -> knee is, i think what he's trying to say is that we figured out that knee is actually a pretty beast edgeguard since it's a sex kick. and yes i do believe the knee is a very good edgeguard lol. so hopefully that's what he was trying to say.

Sephiroth27 said:
Holy ****!!!! F-throw lock and some easily inescapable and highly unlikely strategies. Once I start playing like a ***got I'll try those out!!!!
once you start playing smart you'll try those out.. which is probably never judging by your other posts rofl

Hax

Smash Champion
oh and by the way sephiroth27 falcon is only like the worst character in the game so i like how you're all like 'omg!! fthrow lock is sooo cheap!!' when half the characters in the game are 10 times better.. plus it only works on like 3 stages it's not like i just broke the game lol

Captainbrawl

Smash Apprentice
i don't lol i just use the mindgames i had from melee. snake is too easy to use lol he ruined the game. well actually a lot of things did. :(

well unfortunately i live in new york which means i'm forced to play brawl. but if you go to the weeklies every friday, it looks like they're planning to start melee up again on fridays and brawl on saturdays which means i'll never go to web2zone on a saturday again. =)

seriously people BOYCOTT THIS GAME!!! i know that sounds mad harsh but it's the truth.. this game is wack lol. i know the people who weren't that good at melee love it because it's a fresh start for all of them, but seriously if you get good at melee you will never wanna play brawl again. i'm about to start training people in melee just so less people are going to the brawl tournaments.. this is just getting ridiculous lol melee is like the best game ever i mean saying brawl > melee is like trading gold for **** lol.

yo excuse my friend dial for mentioning that as one of the things we "invented" lol. i don't know wtf a fthrow -> knee is, i think what he's trying to say is that we figured out that knee is actually a pretty beast edgeguard since it's a sex kick. and yes i do believe the knee is a very good edgeguard lol. so hopefully that's what he was trying to say.

once you start playing smart you'll try those out.. which is probably never judging by your other posts rofl

Unfortunately for me i live in a small town so theres no brawl tournaments. Hell none of my friends play Smash bros. But i still play Melee mostly because Falcon is'nt nerfed! If it was'nt for Brawls wifi then i'd be playing Melee non-stop.

Hopefully the next Smash bros. game will be more like Melee. (MORE COMPETITIVE!) But i agree all the way. Angry emails at Nintendo! lol

xsonicx_13

Smash Cadet
Hopefully the next Smash bros. game will be more like Melee

no it should not be like meele because if it were captin falcon would be brocken

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Hopefully the next Smash bros. game will be more like Melee

no it should not be like meele because if it were captin falcon would be brocken
If you're being serious:

Falcon wasn't even HIGH tier in Melee, and now he's probably bottom or at best low. How would a reversal of fortune make him "broken"? Go complain about Marth or Falco, seriously.

Reaver197

Smash Lord

I'm in the city everyday of the week, so I'll totally be there for Melee weeklies if they have them. I remember being so let down when I heard they went Brawl only.

Plus, I would love to meet you and your awesomely endowed Falcon. Scar spoke highly of you.

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
oh and by the way sephiroth27 falcon is only like the worst character in the game so i like how you're all like 'omg!! fthrow lock is sooo cheap!!' when half the characters in the game are 10 times better.. plus it only works on like 3 stages it's not like i just broke the game lol
1. Captain Falcon is not the worst character.

2. I never said the f-throw lock was cheap. In fact, it's hardly worth talking about.

3. My Falcon >>>>>>> Your Falcon.

"once you start playing smart you'll try those out.. which is probably never judging by your other posts rofl"

And which posts are you referring to? Oh wait, that's right, you're just talking ****. Go back to playing computers and your friends.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
1. Captain Falcon is not the worst character.

2. I never said the f-throw lock was cheap. In fact, it's hardly worth talking about.

3. My Falcon >>>>>>> Your Falcon.

"once you start playing smart you'll try those out.. which is probably never judging by your other posts rofl"

And which posts are you referring to? Oh wait, that's right, you're just talking ****. Go back to playing computers and your friends.
so you think hax sucks at melee/brawl because he sucks at posting? really?
and he can talk all the **** he wants. hax would destroy you in melee/brawl

Your falcon>>>> hax falcon.
i dont know if your talking about melee or brawl but thats most likely impossible.

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
so you think hax sucks at melee/brawl because he sucks at posting? really?
and he can talk all the **** he wants. hax would destroy you in melee/brawl

Your falcon>>>> hax falcon.
i dont know if your talking about melee or brawl but thats most likely impossible.
Well, I never said hax sucks at Melee or Brawl for any reason whatsoever. And to be honest, I really have no idea who's Falcon is better because we never played. It's just trash talking. I'm sure Hax doesn't take it too personally.

I mean, if it's most likely "impossible" for me to beat Hax in Brawl or Melee then he shouldn't even be wasting his time talking to such a scrub like me right? Man, wtf was I thinking.

Phobandit

Smash Rookie
Rofls I think Falcon is a pretty cool guy, i mean eh starts flame wars and doesnt afraid of anything.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
Yo hax i think i need training in melee....Artieboy keeps kicking my butt in that game.

but i still think brawl isnt that bad (when you dont compare it to melee)

Since alot of newcomers are not sarced off by the leetness and mindgames that melee pros have maybe brawl could help pull people into melee.

Also give the game a year or at least 6 months beforce you kill it off and wacth how it grows.

but truthfuly if you boycott this game expcet to see the same 10-20 people at every torney instead of a growing crowd.

also someone bring Naruto GNT4 back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Basically, 1) USE DASH ATTACK! It is so combo-able. Definitely too beast. 2) F-Throw (I think) at the edge, and you can usually drop off the stage, and usually knee them, and 3) I actually forgot. Uhm... Oh, Hax got me a few times with an F-throw to F-throw without tech chasing. Like, immediate follow up. I know a lot of F-Throw crap, but w/e. It's just what we found... These were all friendlies, and I never play as Falcon. Lmfao. I discovered Wall chain, and F-Throw to knee, Hax is responsible for the other two. Remember. These were all Falcon dittos, so do other testings if you please. We're no M2K's. =P.
Not that these are bad discoveries but if you are just now discovering those things with the Captain then you need to play with him more because these are all rudimentary ( at best) tactics with him. Especially 1 and 2 I thought everyone knew these. This isn't an attack on you I'm just letting you know that any half-way decent Falcon user (melee and brawl) knows and uses these tactics.

1. Dashes are meant to use to chain attacks off of them. Dash - Crouch Kick- Dash or Falcon Kick or whatever your preference. There is so much you can do with it yet in direct confrontations keep in mind its priority is lackluster.

2. This is just REALLY basic as its a prime example of what you need to do what Falcon. Get them off the stage and hustle for that Knee Smash. Punishing in the air is what you need to do generally with him.

3. This may be the not so obvious of your discoveries to some but its still basic at best. Falcon''s ground speed allows him to chain grab after a Forward Grab fairly easily. Hell you can spin off that and do a short hop aerial at lower percentages to apply the pressure.

Like I said these are basic and can all be expanded on.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
The maturity level in this thread is lower than the high-jump bar at the Fat Olympics. Money!

Anyway, I just tested the FThrow lock on Corneria, Hyrule Temple, and Shadow Moses. It's legit, but, at best, highly situational. On Bowser, the heaviest character in the game, the lock was broken at ~45%. On Jiggs, the lock is pretty much useless. You can do two consecutive throws from 0%, but:

A) You'd never be able to get Jiggs there in the first place.
B) You'd ESPECIALLY never be able to get Jiggs there without inflicting any percent on it.
C) You're susceptible to Dair afterwards.
D) Seriously, you're NEVER going to get Jiggs there. EVER.

Most characters break out at around 40%, with some characters being able to break out earlier with quick moves like Sonic's UpB.

Of note is that you can conceivably start the chain with your back to the wall by doing a Bthrow first, since they won't have much (any) percent and will essentially land at your feet, allowing for a quick follow-up grab. This can be used as a surprise move. But, against a player who knows about this lock, this will provide them adequate time to jab before your grab, so it's not a "true" chain.

Second of note is that, since players are likely to be mashing the jump button to escape the chain, the final throw of the chain can often be followed with an UpB.

All in all, it's just another tidbit of info that makes Falcon suck slightly less, but it's still very, very situational. I definitely suggest against actively pursuing the move unless you know something special about your opponent. I give this advice as a Falco main, since otherwise, you may develop Falco Syndrome, where you protect the opponent's low percentage just so you can do the chainthrow.

Also, please stop using the word homie.

By the way, Banana, I just now realized you sent me a PM. I never, ever check those things. Sorry about that,

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
The word homie was used THREE times, LIAR!!!

Only used twice? How can you spread such lies? What else have you been lying about?

*gasp*
... you don't really want me to show you my moves, DO YOU?

*cries*

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
If you count when it was quoted (which is not technically a usage in my book), that's 3. lol But did you also count when YOU used it? lol How about when I used it? lol

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
HOMIE HOMIE HOMIE HOMIE HOME!!!

this thread has lost its meaning..........................

Top Bottom