• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
All i kno is this , Klonoa , B.Jr(Bowser Jr.) , LLyod, Metwo, and Cloud can not be stopped theyre to good oh and Amy as well she rules
I wasnt talking about cancelling current projects, just voting on one to work on as a time. Even more, projects that are well on their way on their own (Mewtwo, Metroid, Cloud, etc) could continue on their own, but i think instead of having fifty "projects" that are dying out, we should all contribute to one character at a time.

For example, look at the Waluigi and Hoppip projects. Both having come very far, but in the end the one-man teams ran into problems. Its a shame that characters like these, that already had a good deal of work on them, will go unfinished. I think that if the community works to contribute to one of these, or *any* project for that matter, we'd have a lot more/better results in the end.

Characters that come to mind:

Waluigi (Chibo, PND)
Hoppip (Pikazz)
Meta Ridley (Razanak7)
Ridley (Angelglory)

If any of the original creators have a problem with it, obviously their character wont be touched, but i feel it would be productive to work together on something, rather than several individual efforts. At the end of the day, we're expanding the brawl roster, so im sure we can agree on which characters get worked on before another, and do a lot for the community as a whole.

blaze1216j

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blaze1216j
Switch FC
0463-6711-5134
Knuckles V 1.5

http://www.mediafire.com/?dzrtwlzhyhy

-Fixed hurtboxes
-has three new textures (for team)
-some new animations like entrance and jump

All I need is a PSA hacker to fix up his moves so he wouldn't be like pikachu or sonic

blaze1216j

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blaze1216j
Switch FC
0463-6711-5134
One thing i would really love to add to the Knuckles PSA is gliding, i remember razanak7 posted a guide to make any character glide

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
For example, look at the Waluigi and Hoppip projects. Both having come very far, but in the end the one-man teams ran into problems. Its a shame that characters like these, that already had a good deal of work on them, will go unfinished. I think that if the community works to contribute to one of these, or *any* project for that matter, we'd have a lot more/better results in the end.

Characters that come to mind:

Waluigi (Chibo, PND)
Hoppip (Pikazz)
Meta Ridley (Razanak7)
Ridley (Angelglory)

If any of the original creators have a problem with it, obviously their character wont be touched, but i feel it would be productive to work together on something, rather than several individual efforts. At the end of the day, we're expanding the brawl roster, so im sure we can agree on which characters get worked on before another, and do a lot for the community as a whole.
true but I am trying to fix the issues and don't forget the life D:
had 2 national test today and other test and homework this week ._.
but I am slowly continue the animations about hoppip |3

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
I wouldn't mind help with animations for Ridley. I'm a slow worker, so progress on him is slow, but I can PSA just fine so the only help I'd need is with getting animations done.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Ah, Meta Ridley... what time has passed since I last saw you?

... Well, just under 3 months, to be exact.

Yeah, I have virtually no focus. I bet if I actually committed to a single project the way I should, I would probably have 2, maybe 3 new characters done by now. But, having the attention and memory span of a goldfish doesn't help the matter. Plus the whole machinima stuff going on.

I need to stop having good ideas. It's getting ridiculous. Well, I suppose I could take the ones I'm not actually doing something with currently and just throw them out there if someone is interested.

It would certainly take a load off my mind... you know what? I think I'll do that. Here's a few projects I started randomly but never finished. If you want to take one up, let me know. A couple are just concepts as of yet, but most have at least something to them.

Ball Kirby (model/moveset plan included)

Dark Samus (Wait1 animation included)

Ganondorf's Triforce Slash (complicated one, only for pros. Animation included.)

Ho-oh (boss-like character, treat as such. And if you mess this up, me and my fanboyish rage will end you.)

Playable Giga Bowser (replaces regular Bowser, is to be normal sized and balanced.)

Roader (model loads, but doesn't show up. Needs to be ported to another character. Several animations included, but need to be rebuilt.)

ROB Rocket (moveset plan, several animations and a couple attacks included.)

Kraid (texture, bone structure and two animations included.)

Phantoon (model and bone structure included, no animations.)

Draygon (bone structure included, no texture or animations.)

Eggman (bone structure included, no animations.)

I'm keeping Meta Ridley to myself for now for reasons I don't care to indulge upon. Shadow is also sticking with me.

Serrix

Smash Journeyman

Yeah, I have virtually no focus. I bet if I actually committed to a single project the way I should, I would probably have 2, maybe 3 new characters done by now. But, having the attention and memory span of a goldfish doesn't help the matter. Plus the whole machinima stuff going on.

I need to stop having good ideas. It's getting ridiculous. Well, I suppose I could take the ones I'm not actually doing something with currently and just throw them out there if someone is interested.

It would certainly take a load off my mind... you know what? I think I'll do that. Here's a few projects I started randomly but never finished. If you want to take one up, let me know. A couple are just concepts as of yet, but most have at least something to them.

Ganondorf's Triforce Slash (complicated one, only for pros. Animation included.)

Ho-oh (boss-like character, treat as such. And if you mess this up, me and my fanboyish rage will end you.)

Playable Giga Bowser (replaces regular Bowser, is to be normal sized and balanced.)

Roader (model loads, but doesn't show up. Needs to be ported to another character. Several animations included, but need to be rebuilt.)

I'm keeping Meta Ridley to myself for now for reasons I don't care to indulge upon. Shadow is also sticking with me.
I think Project Prime could use a little something. We'll see what we can do about Kraid, Phantoon, Draygon, and Dark Samus. (DIBZ!)

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I think Project Prime could use a little something. We'll see what we can do about Kraid, Phantoon, Draygon, and Dark Samus. (DIBZ!)
Okay, here they all are.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tgmevnieimf

Obligatory credits:
-Kraid texture by Dhragen (I think)
-Phantoon vertex edit by Calamitas
-Dark Samus texture by Starshadow

k, that covers it. That file has everything I have for each, including a couple screenshots of betas for the lulz.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Goodbye

Well, as I'm sure you all have noticed, I've been on less and less recently, and I've come to the realization that I, just like many others, have no interest left in Brawl hacking, and so this thread will probably never get updated again if I'm the one in charge of doing it. So, if anyone wants to take over this thread, PM me and I'll decide who I want to pass the thread to, and because Bionic Sonic is such an awesomely magical person, he will pass it over to you. But, for me to even consider you, you must have at least semi-good grammar, you must be as active as I used to be (before I let the OP get way behind), and you will have a better chance if I know you well, like Razanak or leafbarrett or n64billy or Angelglory. So PM me if you want the job.

By the way, even though I'm pretty much leaving the hacking scene for good, if anyone has any questions or problems with their character that they need help with, you can PM me and I'll be sure to get back to you within the week.

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman

How dare you keep shadow to urself! Selfish person. :( lol im jk but wtf eggman? dude im gonna look into working on this.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
How do you mean by loads, but doesn't show up? Did the bone adder not do the trick?

Unless there's some impossible barrier here, I'd be glad to get this guy working (once my summer break begins, which is in, like... a month). I still remember looking over the excellent and complete set of animations you had for 'im, and I wouldn't want those to go to waste.

Also, if you ever get around to ROB Rocket, I think it would be awesome if you incorporated into his moveset all those other awesome ROBs you made. So it'd be more like Transformer ROB.

Fen__

Smash Ace
How do you mean by loads, but doesn't show up? Did the bone adder not do the trick?

Unless there's some impossible barrier here, I'd be glad to get this guy working (once my summer break begins, which is in, like... a month). I still remember looking over the excellent and complete set of animations you had for 'im, and I wouldn't want those to go to waste.

Also, if you ever get around to ROB Rocket, I think it would be awesome if you incorporated into his moveset all those other awesome ROBs you made. So it'd be more like Transformer ROB.
Sorry if it's been discussed in your thread or somewhere else already, but does this mean you're no longer working on Zero? Last I saw, you said the team was waiting on you to do some things (regarding his buster, I think?). A lot of users have been less active recently (not sure how many of them are/were on the team), but I guess it could also be that it's just not in your hands right now, so you're waiting on others to do their parts, or maybe, by some unimaginable twist in nature, it's actually possible for you to be involved with two projects at once.

Razanak7

Smash Ace

I mean he doesn't crash anymore, but the model only shows up when he has a Smash Ball. Kind of inconvenient. I believe it will work on another character, but I would prefer if a way around this problem were found, since the character I currently have him over (Wario) is the best pick by far. And, for some currently unknown reason, only Wait1 loads; as in, every other animation for him will crash.

This happened with Meta Ridley quite some time ago, and it just required rebuilding the animation (copying only the necessary keyframes to a new animation). It's a bit time-consuming, but it works.

This... is the best idea ever.

>_>

<_<

*takes back ROB Rocket*

[...] by some unimaginable twist in nature, it's actually possible for you to be involved with two projects at once.
TWO projects at ONCE? BLASPHEMY, I SAY!

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
I mean he doesn't crash anymore, but the model only shows up when he has a Smash Ball. Kind of inconvenient. I believe it will work on another character, but I would prefer if a way around this problem were found, since the character I currently have him over (Wario) is the best pick by far. And, for some currently unknown reason, only Wait1 loads; as in, every other animation for him will crash.

This happened with Meta Ridley quite some time ago, and it just required rebuilding the animation (copying only the necessary keyframes to a new animation). It's a bit time-consuming, but it works.
The smashball thing has to do with where his bones are. One of warios bones is there to control his yellow eyes appearing when he gets the smashball. I don't know which bone number it is for wario but the reason he only loads with the smash ball is because roaders bone that controls his whole body is the same bone as warios yellow eye bone. All you have to do is switch the bone index I think. Snoopy over at the bowser jr. thread knows how to do it.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
why, yes i do know how to fix it. basically, some models have a bone that connects to the entire model, generally called BodyM, which usually isn't a bad thing, unless the bone is on the EyeYellowM of the replaced character, which this bone is only activated when you have a smash ball. you said that Roader is over Wario, Wario's EyeYellowM is bone index 1, and i'm assuming that means Roader's BodyM bone is also 1. the easiest fix would be to put him over a different character, like Mario or Luigi since their EyeYellowM is bone index 2, or maybe Olimar because he doesn't have one. the other option would to be some minor bone hexing, basically hexing the bone indexes to be different, which is what i did with Shadow Mario to get his hat to show up when he is over Sheik. so if you want, i could try to fix it for you and send it back, or you could do it yourself, either way.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
why, yes i do know how to fix it. basically, some models have a bone that connects to the entire model, generally called BodyM, which usually isn't a bad thing, unless the bone is on the EyeYellowM of the replaced character, which this bone is only activated when you have a smash ball. you said that Roader is over Wario, Wario's EyeYellowM is bone index 1, and i'm assuming that means Roader's BodyM bone is also 1. the easiest fix would be to put him over a different character, like Mario or Luigi since their EyeYellowM is bone index 2, or maybe Olimar because he doesn't have one. the other option would to be some minor bone hexing, basically hexing the bone indexes to be different, which is what i did with Shadow Mario to get his hat to show up when he is over Sheik. so if you want, i could try to fix it for you and send it back, or you could do it yourself, either way.
I've tried it myself, it did not go well. I'll just put the file here so you or someone else can fix it. If I try again, I'll probably just hurt myself. Don't ask how, but it would happen.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tqz4zmwwzfw

If this gets working, I might actually be compelled to finish him.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
and fixed

http://www.mediafire.com/?myzy5zo0noq

he's still over Wario, and dont mind that he floats a bit above the stage, animations can fix that. i swaped the BodyM with the ThrowN, so i don't think it should cause too much of a problem, but at least he shows up without a smash ball now.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
he's still over Wario, and dont mind that he floats a bit above the stage, animations can fix that. i swaped the BodyM with the ThrowN, so i don't think it should cause too much of a problem, but at least he shows up without a smash ball now.
So just to be clear, since ThrowN is now BodyM, what bone do I use now instead of the old ThrownN?

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
well, only the indexes changed so that brawl will think that the ThrowN is the EyeYellowM instead of the BodyM being the EyeYellowM, so i think that the ThrowN should still function as it should. besides, i dont think either the ThrowN or BodyM needs to be animated, so it shouldn't be an issue anyways. but if it does have problems, then you would treat the ThrowN as the 2nd bone and the BodyM an the 17th bone.

chaoticyeshua

Smash Cadet
Just out of curiosity, because I remember seeing several posts here about him... Is anyone still working on Isaac from Golden Sun?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
well, only the indexes changed so that brawl will think that the ThrowN is the EyeYellowM instead of the BodyM being the EyeYellowM, so i think that the ThrowN should still function as it should. besides, i dont think either the ThrowN or BodyM needs to be animated, so it shouldn't be an issue anyways. but if it does have problems, then you would treat the ThrowN as the 2nd bone and the BodyM an the 17th bone.
Well, it does actually need to be animated, since it controls the shield and throws. The throws will probably be removed, so it's not too important if it doesn't work.

EDIT: I did some testing, and he does show up. But sadly, all his old animations crash, so I have to redo them.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Sorry if it's been discussed in your thread or somewhere else already, but does this mean you're no longer working on Zero? Last I saw, you said the team was waiting on you to do some things (regarding his buster, I think?). A lot of users have been less active recently (not sure how many of them are/were on the team), but I guess it could also be that it's just not in your hands right now, so you're waiting on others to do their parts, or maybe, by some unimaginable twist in nature, it's actually possible for you to be involved with two projects at once.
Heh, yeah, two projects was the idea. To sum up Zero's progress: everyone is waiting on me, and everything I've tried to do has gone pretty badly. However, I have no plans to give up on him; I just really haven't had enough spare time (Finals, intersession, etc.) but when I do finally get into summer break, I am going to make his model as best as I can get it and finally pass it on to be animated.

That is unfortunate. I'll see how fiddling around with him fares this summer, unless you guys get it fixed before then.

This... is the best idea ever.

>_>

<_<

*takes back ROB Rocket*
Glad I could help :p

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
So this is the culprit that muffs everything up.... T_T

I checked, and this is precisely the problem with my Mew project (which I'm still working on, in case anyone cares, and I do NOT intend on dropping this project any time soon).

I have a decent amount of animations done so far, and Mew really is working well over Pika...

Would anybody be willing to help fix that little bone problem for me? By hexing it? Because, thus far, this is the only problem I have run into, and getting this out of the way will make things run a lot smoother.

I'll give you a cookie! :bee:

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Roader says hai!

Thanks to Snoopy, Roader now goes over Wario, and therefore will have 12 textures to go with his completely new moveset! Including:

Blue Falcon! lulz.

I still need 6 more, so ideas are welcome. Also, I might have a beta up by the end of the week.

... Oh s***, I just shunned Shadow, didn't I? Ah, the fanboys will get over it.

EDIT: Added two more textures above.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Roader = win.

Glad you could finally get him to work, I remember looking at all the awesome animations you made for him before the bone adder and going "SAKURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI!!"

Also ideas for the other 6 textures;

1. Moar chrome
2. Moar silver
3. Moar gold
4. Moar Blood (:V)
5. Moar Power Cosplays like Blue Falcon
6. A simple black and white would look cool imo

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Okay, Roader's new official colours are as follows:

For the lulz, a number of his textures are based of things from other games. Why? Because I said so, derp.

00 - Normal
01 - Red/white
02 - Green/yellow
03 - Blue
04 - Black/red
05 - Silver
06 - Galleom
07 - Wolfen
08 - Spartan
09 - Arwing
10 - Yellow/black
11 - Blue Falcon

EDIT: And, just when I thought things were going good... some glitches felt like showing up to ruin the party.

First, on some stages, some of his graphics don't show up. Second, he can be hit anywhere, anytime. Third, his stop turn plays twice and flips on the second loop.

EDIT 2: Hmm... the graphics glitch doesn't occur when using the Galleom texture... too bad the other two still do.

EDIT 3: After further investigation, I noticed that the graphics glitch only occurs when using his first 6 textures (the WarioWare style ones), but not with the overalls ones. This also removes a glitch where things involving ThrowN would cause visual glitches.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
So did anyone figure out what causes the visibility bug yet, and how to solve it?

Sheik's bone structure works perfectly with Gray Fox except for visibility issues.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
Eternal Yoshi, yes, i figured it out. send me the model and i can fix it for you. is that the only problem with it?

Roo525

Smash Ace
Flandre Scarlet joins the Brawl! (PSA hackers needed desperately)

Who is Flandre Scarlet? She comes from a Japanese game called Touhou, which has become extremely popular. Some Touhou games were made for the N64. Her theme song U.N. Owen was her, is how hundreds of fans were made.

Why add her to Brawl? Well because she is both an extremely popular character, AND she is probobly one of the most epic villians of all time. She's really frightening at times... <_<

She's being put over Peach:

Her wings are also finished:

So what does remain to be done? Alot actually.

Texture Hacking:
-Tex A
-Tex B
-Eyes
-And So on

-Possible extra wing editing

Vertex Hacking:
-Hair
-Gloves
-Shoes
-Breasts
-Scarf thing

Hexing/polygon editing:
-Jigglypuff's Sombrero (This needs to be added and follow bone "CrownN')
-Wings (Now replaced by toad, they need to follow bone "BustN", exept moved backwards and up slightly)

PSA:
AbSoLuTlY nOtHiNg HaS BeEn StArTeD!!! Need PSA hackers immediately!
-Needs 3 Jumps
-Toad needs to be made always visible
-Moveset (Continue Reading)

Sound effects:
Lets not even go there yet.

Other:
-Overall size (Using Starwaffle's Model resizer, I'm going to make her about mario's hight)

I can do absolutely everything besides PSA, so thats where I need help most, well that and possibly adding Jigglypuffs sombrero.

Alot of the PSA will be taken from "Embodiment of Scarlet Devil," and her MUGEN character. Alot of moves are going to be taken from this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z5JuAKW19U

WARNING: Creepy laughter. *Told ya she was Scary!*

Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moveset:
Flandre's moves will revolve around the elements of Fire and Slicing. She will be lightweight (About Toon Link's weight) and fast (Also like TL).

A: Flandre swings her Claw-like hand horizontally, causing about 3% damage with Slicing effect and SFX. Very low Knockback.

AA: She swings vertically this time, from down to up, and sends the opponent in the air slightly, also with Slicing effects, SFX, and damage of maybe 4%?

AAA: As the opponents in the air, she basically teleports over him, and Swings downward doing about 5% damage, sending the enemy to the ground. Same Slicing effects/SFX.

Foreward tilt: Similar to Wolf's, she step's foreward and swings, which can be sweetspotted.

Up tilt: Her wings fold backward over her head (So the crystals point upward) and grow and shrink quickly, causing Slicing damage of 8% yadda yadda yadda.

Down Tilt: Peach's down-smash with Slicing damage, causing 3% damage for every hit. Slicing damage and SFX.

Up Smash: Flandre uses her Spear, the Laevetinn, and spins it in a above her head. It's a trap move, and causes 4% damage and hits 4 times. Slicing damage and SFX.

Side Smash: Flandre does a series of three, quite fast slices with the Laevetinn. The first does slicing effects and 8% damage, the second swing does fire effects and 10% damage, and the last does both Fire and Slicing effects, with 13% damage and high knockback.

Down smash: Flandre Stabs the Ground with the Laevetinn, causing stone/ground effects and MediumHigh knockback with 10% damage.

Aerials: Later...

Neutral special: Flande shoots 5 Fireball like objects ahead of her. High range, but low damage, about 2% each hit. Fire effects when come in contact with enemy.

Side Special: Flandre creates a large Blade from Flame, and swings it horizontally. Exactly what is shown in the video at 0:03. MediumHigh Knockback with Fire effect when in contact with enemy, 15% damage.

Up Special: Suggestions?

Down Special: Suggestions?

More moves later!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flandre is just going to be a Powerhouse of a fighter. Again, help is really appreciated especially on the account of PSA. Please say so if your willing to help.

If you have any suggestions for moves, feel free to post them. Updates will first appear here: HardcoreBrawlhacks.wordpress.com[ur...1763551c46_0.65MB"][COLOR="Cyan"]here[/COLOR].

Alright, thanks all! ^-^

Top Bottom