• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
@Angelglory - Curious, what exactly do you have planned for Ridley's attacks?
He'll mostly use his arms, jaws and tail to attack.

For example, here's some of his planned attacks:
Neutral A: Two claw swipes followed with a tail stab-barrage.
FSmash: Lunges forward and bites.
DSmash: Swipes his tail around himself, hits a bunch of times before throwing the enemy behind him.
BAir: Stabs his tail back then swings it down, first hit leads to second hit, 2nd hit is a meteor smash.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
kso, I'm looking to try hexing a model, but I don't know where to get them. Specifically, Al from FMA. PM me with details, kthnx.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I'm too sick and tired right now to go through 20 pages of posts, so I'll just say one thing for now:

Missingno, huh? Interesting. I'd personally plan more "glitch-based" moves
Final Smash: BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!

EDIT: If anyone wants to briefly summarize the past week or so (since the last time you saw me on here), that would be great and would really help me right now.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Even though I posted this like, weeks ago, I'd like to reiterate it now that I'm officially starting it.

I'm gonna be working on Cubone. I want to say it'll be over Pikachu, because he works perfectly over her, but since Hoppip has that slot too [and I love the Hoppip work ^-^] I'd rather not compete. Hopefully he'll work over Lucario/Samus, which are my second options.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
He'll mostly use his arms, jaws and tail to attack.

For example, here's some of his planned attacks:
Neutral A: Two claw swipes followed with a tail stab-barrage.
FSmash: Lunges forward and bites.
DSmash: Swipes his tail around himself, hits a bunch of times before throwing the enemy behind him.
BAir: Stabs his tail back then swings it down, first hit leads to second hit, 2nd hit is a meteor smash.
Hmm... If I may, a couple of those moves sound a tad overpowered. For example, his planned FSmash - biting I can understand, but lunging forward seems like overkill for someone already so large.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Hmm... If I may, a couple of those moves sound a tad overpowered. For example, his planned FSmash - biting I can understand, but lunging forward seems like overkill for someone already so large.
It may sound overkill, but he really doesn't move that far forward + he bites in a downward direction so the range isn't as big as if he flat-out bite forward. You can see the FSmash about halfway through this video for a visual demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnO1_Hf-b0Y

PS. He's going over Green Alloy.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Even though I posted this like, weeks ago, I'd like to reiterate it now that I'm officially starting it.

I'm gonna be working on Cubone. I want to say it'll be over Pikachu, because he works perfectly over her, but since Hoppip has that slot too [and I love the Hoppip work ^-^] I'd rather not compete. Hopefully he'll work over Lucario/Samus, which are my second options.
I don't remember who, but I know someone I've been watching is going over Lucario. It's one of the imported model projects. Maybe Kid Goku?

hugarh

Smash Rookie
what Exactly Do You Need Help With? And You Should Ask For Help In The Brawlbox Creations Thread Or The Mdl0 Thread.
I wanted someone to help with the animations. Making all of those animations from scratch by yourself takes a long time. I'll ask there then.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
It may sound overkill, but he really doesn't move that far forward + he bites in a downward direction so the range isn't as big as if he flat-out bite forward. You can see the FSmash about halfway through this video for a visual demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnO1_Hf-b0Y

PS. He's going over Green Alloy.
Ahh, that looks a lot better than I thought it would. My mistake. :D

Green Alloy... Doesn't that mean he won't be a complete Smash character?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord

Thank you for reminding me. Tell me when you figure out for sure who he's going over.

and you should ask for help in the brawlbox creations thread or the mdl0 thread.
Actually, it would make more sense for him to ask for help here, considering that's one of the reasons this thread was made, while the Creation and Showcase Thread was made for showcasing your work and the MDL0 Files from other games thread was made for getting MDL0s from other games to work in Brawl.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
I'm too sick and tired right now to go through 20 pages of posts, so I'll just say one thing for now:

Final Smash: BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!

EDIT: If anyone wants to briefly summarize the past week or so (since the last time you saw me on here), that would be great and would really help me right now.
-Beta Tails released: lots of stuff fixed
-Bomberman stage imported: Wii Ware Games possible?!
-Amy Project begins
-Flygon Project begins
-Kid Goko gets a stage
-Krillin Progect begins
-Tails has a stage
-Jigglypuff gets a lot of new hats
-Large progress made on Klonoa
-More Naruto stages

I'm sure I'm missing important details but ah well

Shiroyu

Smash Apprentice

I'm gonna try to work on Queen Fiona (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and FFCC: My Life as a Darklord, where the model is from), but I'm not sure if it can be called a full project. As of right now I have most of her moveset planned and some drawings of them, but this is more or less something I'll be working on idly. When(/If >_>) I get more animations done I might make a topic and ask for help, since I have no clue how to use PSA. She's gonna be over Zelda, and currently everything works absolutely perfectly, outside of being unable to move on the ground, glitching out when thrown, and some animations being absurdly fast. No crashes, weird insta-deaths, or models randomly disappearing or anything.

Due to her bone structure I was also able to have her alternate outfit in MLaaD to work as an alternate costume. It's pretty sweet. Then again, since Fiona's original armor has her feet positioned weirdly (She's always on her toes), this presents the problem of this alternate outfit hovering slightly. I'm not sure, if this does get an actual release, whether or not I would put it in the release. It looks neat, and it doesn't really change anything, but it doesn't look very... professional like that.

I was originally going to try working on Mira from MLaaD since she has a buttload of alternate outfits, 4 of them being cameos (Rydia, Palom, Chime, and Sherlotta). However, some problems with the models and coming up with a moveset (She only really... talks) prevented me from wanting to work on her fully. I mean if I do get the models to work, then yeah I might reconsider.

humble

Smash Ace
Just want to say it looks FANTASTIC Shoryu!

The first pair of shoes (platforms) look much better, so please don't change them. Please, please don't abandon this project, it looks fantastic.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
-Amy Project begins
-Flygon Project begins
-Kid Goko gets a stage
-Krillin Progect begins
-Tails has a stage
-More Naruto stages

You forgot MegaMan Volnutt

Fen__

Smash Ace
Also, Eldiran tested an idea RTB had and found out that he will be able to change Zero's hand from normal hand to Buster, etc., which is also good news for the Volnutt project.

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice

You can't forget about cream. Cream is one of the more peaceful characters who wouldn't be caught dead in brawl. But someone stole her precious Chao Cheese... Cream will fight against the toughest opponents to get her precious Chao back.

So far it is just me and captian kwark(gave me the models and some animations for her. I don't know if he plans to stay) on the project and I can make animations but I am no good with psa. I already have a wait1 wait2 jump glide and some winning and losing animations. I don't know who to put cream over currently since I want her to be able to glide but she is like 24 bones short of pit and 2 or 3 bones short of metaknight so I have no cle who to put her over.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
-Amy Project begins
-Flygon Project begins
-Kid Goko gets a stage
-Krillin Progect begins
-Tails has a stage
-More Naruto stages

Holy **** that's a lot.

You forgot MegaMan Volnutt
I knew about that. Isn't it in the OP?

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
*yeay for cream*
You can't forget about cream. Cream is one of the more peaceful characters who wouldn't be caught dead in brawl. But someone stole her precious Chao Cheese... Cream will fight against the toughest opponents to get her precious Chao back.

So far it is just me and captian kwark(gave me the models and some animations for her. I don't know if he plans to stay) on the project and I can make animations but I am no good with psa. I already have a wait1 wait2 jump glide and some winning and losing animations. I don't know who to put cream over currently since I want her to be able to glide but she is like 24 bones short of pit and 2 or 3 bones short of metaknight so I have no cle who to put her over.
yeay for dream and cheese 8D

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Don't have much to report; most of the other stuff is in my thread, if anyone wants to take a peek.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I almost wasn't going to post this, since I doubt I will be motivated enough to actually finish it... but, bandwagons are meant to be boarded.

Not to mention this is the first I've seen to actually use his real model. Speaking of which, thanks to Captain Kwark for the rip.

The animations itself was really quick, kind of just a test to see how well my super-secret animating technique that's actually really simple and obvious worked.

Who knows, I might do it eventually, after I get everything else done. And provided another one doesn't surface by then, which it most likely will.

EDIT: He replaces Snake, for vocal purposes.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Why is that Shadow model so low-res? Isn't there a higher resolution model?

Awesome work by the way, just wondering, maybe the model importer would provide means for a better model once it's finished?

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
Why is that Shadow model so low-res? Isn't there a higher resolution model?

Awesome work by the way, just wondering, maybe the model importer would provide means for a better model once it's finished?
its from the assist trophy thats why, i dont like how the mouth is just a texture really but this is a better base than sonic lol

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
its from the assist trophy thats why, i dont like how the mouth is just a texture really but this is a better base than sonic lol
If it was the Assist Trophy Shadow model, then it wouldn't work on any character. By the texturing "error" on the sneakers, it looks like the Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games model -- the low-poly one, that is.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
If it was the Assist Trophy Shadow model, then it wouldn't work on any character. By the texturing "error" on the sneakers, it looks like the Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games model -- the low-poly one, that is.
oh crap i guess i was wrong i just thought another game would have a better model lol

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
oh crap i guess i was wrong i just thought another game would have a better model lol
M&SatOWG actually does have better looking models (with polygon counts over 5,000). It's just that their faces are separate objects and as such can't be used unless you want faceless characters.

Gimme a minute and I'll show you what I mean.

(EDIT: Here's his body, his face, and both of them put together. Because the two are separate objects, there's no way you can get him to look like in the third image unless you can rebuild the model. Oh, and I also brightened up the textures because they're too dark originally.)

Razanak7

Smash Ace
M&SatOWG actually does have better looking models (with polygon counts over 5,000). It's just that their faces are separate objects and as such can't be used unless you want faceless characters.

Because the two are separate objects, there's no way you can get him to look like in the third image unless you can rebuild the model. Oh, and I also brightened up the textures because they're too dark originally.)
It's too bad we can't merge models yet... I kinda figured someone would be working on that by now. But, until then, ya take what ya get.

Speaking of which, now that I think of it... if I PM you with a model request, will you see if you can get it? :p

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
It's too bad we can't merge models yet... I kinda figured someone would be working on that by now. But, until then, ya take what ya get.

Speaking of which, now that I think of it... if I PM you with a model request, will you see if you can get it? :p
Depends on your definition of "model request".

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
I don't really mean anything. I just happened to have thought of something that I don't think of people have yet, hence the "that's actually really simple and obvious" part.
sooo care to share? any tips regarding animation is helpful for goku :D

Top Bottom