• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
So you're making it as close to the original as possible? If that's the case, it's going to be complete tank, considering it's (apparently) 10 feet high and 3507 pounds...

And I would go with Razor Wind.
Not to mention that Missingno has, if I remember correctly, pretty decent Physical attack. It makes up for that power with terrible defenses and Special Attack though. Not that those really matter in Brawl.

And yeah, Razor Wind would be a good choice to use, even if it is a Special Attack.
Well, the size doesn't have to be exact. I might be making it around Bowser size, because I don't want him to be absolutely massive. As we know, some characters are scaled up and down to fit in better with the other fighters.(Bowser himself is actually a bit taller than he appears, but he always is hunched over so...).

Weight...he'll be pretty heavy, don't worry about that. I might have him able to be sent flying rather easily, but have him fall quickly, to represent his poor defenses and his weight. But, we'll have to see how he fairs without that nerf first.

Attacking wise, Missingno. will have no trouble building up damage. But he will have some difficulties getting people off stage.

What form of Missingno will you use?
Just the regular form. That is his most iconic, after all.

wait are u making a Missingo character? or are you done making the mode?l if your'e planning to make the model, you could try blender version 2.49 ...
No. I'm using(or rather, will use once BrawlBox can add bones) the Togezo(aka Spiny) model. It uses sprites instead of regular textures, so I can just use the regular sprite.

I might consider using the other forms as alt. costumes...

Razor Wind...should be pretty interesting to use. I guess I'll have to go with it, then.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
I think Tri-Attack sounds EPIC if you go with it's GSC effect, where it causes Fire, Thunder, and Ice effects.

Also... Mega Kick!!... That is all.

Starkiller95

Smash Cadet
I'm thinking of making Mankey, I've got the model but the animations are corrupt so I'll have to make them all myself. :(
You shouldn't add me to the list just yet, since I haven't even got the outline for what he should do, but if I get some good ideas I'll probably ask to be added soon.
And if anyone has any ideas for his moves, could you please tell me? It's the creativeness I'm mostly lacking. :ohwell:

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
When I'm done, should I release Tails publicly, or exclusively to a few beta testers (who I'd probably ask to PM me)?

Just for a final tune-up and glitch removal...

I'm thinking of making Mankey, I've got the model but the animations are corrupt so I'll have to make them all myself. :(
You shouldn't add me to the list just yet, since I haven't even got the outline for what he should do, but if I get some good ideas I'll probably ask to be added soon.
And if anyone has any ideas for his moves, could you please tell me? It's the creativeness I'm mostly lacking. :ohwell:
Maybe Mankey can have a move that gets better the more damage he has (because he's an angry monkey and all).

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
I have finnally got back to hacking the wii 1st. can someone tell me where the latest and greatest of new characters are 2nd. Im going to start on my DJ PSA and would like to kno if anyone can help with the texture

DarkSamus12

Smash Cadet
Mr.weegee you should release tails publicly I really want to try the moveset if it has glitches i'll report back but just let me have the moveset when its done plz!!!!

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman

I love the 'crazy monkey' idea so ill try and go with that...

B: Rage: Turns red and fuming (he's angry!); the damage the attack deals is equal to that of the last attack recieved.
B>: Cross Chop: He lunges forward a little bit and chops. If timed correctly, it may reflect projectiles like mario's cape, (if the attack hits mankey just as he starts chopping he'll knock it back)
B^: Rock Climb: Mankey frantically climbs rocks that appear out of nowhere, a LOT like squirtle's waterfall attack
Bv: Metronome! O.o: randomly uses one of a few various attacks, one of which must be......... EXPLOSION!, (as strong as electrodes, but mankey's damage automatically reaches 999%)

Final Smash: BROKLYN RAGE!!!: Mankey turns bright red, fumes, screams, and the vain starts poping out of his forhead. He's a crazy monkey now! He flies around the stage randomly beating the h*ll out of anything he collides with!

Starkiller95

Smash Cadet

B: Rage: Turns red and fuming (he's angry!); the damage the attack deals is equal to that of the last attack recieved.
B>: Cross Chop: He lunges forward a little bit and chops. If timed correctly, it may reflect projectiles like mario's cape, (if the attack hits mankey just as he starts chopping he'll knock it back)
B^: Rock Climb: Mankey frantically climbs rocks that appear out of nowhere, a LOT like squirtle's waterfall attack
Bv: Metronome! O.o: randomly uses one of a few various attacks, one of which must be......... EXPLOSION!, (as strong as electrodes, but mankey's damage automatically reaches 999%)

Final Smash: BROKLYN RAGE!!!: Mankey turns bright red, fumes, screams, and the vain starts poping out of his forhead. He's a crazy monkey now! He flies around the stage randomly beating the h*ll out of anything he collides with!
Those are nice ideas! I dunno about metronome though, I'm a lazy guy, and it would take a while to do a couple different moves. :dizzy:
I was thinking of dig, but I'm not sure how to implement it effectively. Wouldn't work well on go-through platforms.

When I'm done, should I release Tails publicly, or exclusively to a few beta testers (who I'd probably ask to PM me)?

Just for a final tune-up and glitch removal...

Maybe Mankey can have a move that gets better the more damage he has (because he's an angry monkey and all).
That's good too, but how would I access his current damage from PSA... hum...
Also, I'm for releasing it publicly, then everyone can test it and give feedback.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Those are nice ideas! I dunno about the last one though, I'm a lazy guy, and it would take a while to do a couple different moves. :dizzy:
I was thinking of dig, but I'm not sure how to implement it effectively. Wouldn't work well on go-through platforms.
Lol, i know about metronome, i was just making it as crazy as possible. Maybe Dig could work like snake's down smash, but he'd place a pitfall instead of a mine. Or... he could dig underground (in otherwords turn invisible and a patch of dirt appears where he was) and it works like a counter, if the opponent steps where he is, he leaps out and attacks.

Another idea i had was Focus Blast, it has low startup (similar to falcon punch) and then releases a burst of energy around him.

Giygue

Smash Journeyman

^THIS^
if this becomes a reality, then i will go a little crazy myself:psycho:
so awesome!!

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
^THIS^
if this becomes a reality, then i will go a little crazy myself:psycho:
so awesome!!
Thanks :) although the metronome idea is slightly unrealistic, but I like the 'use dig as a type of counter' A LOT!

also do people get the broklyn rage refrence? lol just curious

Giygue

Smash Journeyman
yeah the metronome does sound a little too nuts...though the few moments were you would hit someone with that explosion would be totally priceless. like hitting someone with luigi's side special and it explodes in melee, it comes out of nowhere and causes you or your opponent to be doomed.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
That's good too, but how would I access his current damage from PSA... hum...
Also, I'm for releasing it publicly, then everyone can test it and give feedback.
IC-Basic[2] is your current damage. The only way you can use it is to compare it to something else, or else it'll freeze the game. It's in scalar.

Starkiller95

Smash Cadet
IC-Basic[2] is your current damage. The only way you can use it is to compare it to something else, or else it'll freeze the game. It's in scalar.
You are a god sir. Thank you sir. :)
Is there some reason that these variables aren't listed in the program, like attributes and events and all that? Also, is there a list somewhere?

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
I suppose now that the project is in full swing, I can post this here.

MegaMan Volnutt over R.O.B.

Link to the thread is in my sig, and remember, we're accepting members!

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Is there anyone working on hammer bros?

Also I think we should somehow update the list. I bet a bunch of those characters arent being made anymore.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Is there anyone working on hammer bros?

Also I think we should somehow update the list. I bet a bunch of those characters arent being made anymore.
I was working on hammer bros but then all my files where wipped and i sorta lost all knowledge in hacking so i have to start from scratch

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Flygon over Red Alloy

Right now it is me, Camonsters and Alses that work on him but we will gladly accept any other users that wants to contribute to the project (link to thread is in my sig, click the Flygon).

I vote for private beta. An bug free release is better than an buggy release ^^

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
hey brawlshifter, plz edit the silver info on the first post. i am helping suren, and silver will be replacing lucario

EDIT: okay, we are still deciding who to put it over. put unsure for nao

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
All right, you can PM me if you wanna beta test Tails.

EDIT: Okay. Got enough testers. But if you have a good reason, you can still PM me.
I'll extend the time for people to become beta testers.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Ew.
10char.
Actually it hasn't been quite decided. It's actually been an idea we've been juggling around for a while. So far it looks like either Sonic or Lucario. If anyone knows who would be a good character to place Silver over it would be very helpful. We also need animators for anyone who wants to help with the project. We have a thread for the Silver Project: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=266389

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Small update on Ridley, his basic movements are all done, so I've started making attack animations for him. Right now he only has a side smash and I'm making his basic combo right now.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Small update on Ridley, his basic movements are all done, so I've started making attack animations for him. Right now he only has a side smash and I'm making his basic combo right now.
Glad to have an update. Just figured I'd mention it and thank you since they've become fairly scarce as of late (not specifically from you, but overall).

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Glad to have an update. Just figured I'd mention it and thank you since they've become fairly scarce as of late (not specifically from you, but overall).
Well, I've also been preparing my new machinima, Tales of Advent, so I haven't worked on Ridley as much as I could have. And Pokemon Trainer is just getting annoying.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Well, I've also been preparing my new machinima, Tales of Advent, so I haven't worked on Ridley as much as I could have. And Pokemon Trainer is just getting annoying.
Wow, I figured it would be the other way around. Animating humanoid characters is easy, but Ridley/Meta Ridley have about 30 more bones (no exaggeration) than the average character, so it gets almost tedious for me...

Translation: pretty much nothing on Meta lately.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Wow, I figured it would be the other way around. Animating humanoid characters is easy, but Ridley/Meta Ridley have about 30 more bones (no exaggeration) than the average character, so it gets almost tedious for me...

Translation: pretty much nothing on Meta lately.
Well, PT has the Olimar antenna glow problem, plus using his dash attack or down air causes the game to crash. Meanwhile, Ridley hasn't caused me any problems outside of longer time making animations.

Plus, I'm sure more people want to play as Ridley than Pokemon Trainer. :p

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
...I didn't say that in this thread yet.

But yeah, before any of you say something about a problem in the list below, I've fixed it:

-The up B's height
-The up B's bomb dropping (now limited to 2 bombs)
-The side B's speed
-The animation's transitions
-The timing of the SFX
-The FS's super scope shot's obscenity in comparison to just ramming someone
-The nair
-The fsmash's charge

I forgot the rest, but those were the most memorable changes.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
...I didn't say that in this thread yet.

But yeah, before any of you say something about a problem in the list below, I've fixed it:

-The up B's height
-The up B's bomb dropping (now limited to 2 bombs)
-The side B's speed
-The animation's transitions
-The timing of the SFX
-The FS's super scope shot's obscenity in comparison to just ramming someone
-The nair
-The fsmash's charge

I forgot the rest, but those were the most memorable changes.
Win for Tails!

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Is anybody making tom nook? He's pretty much the only character I'd like to have seen in brawl that isn't there (he could replace toon link, since him and link are practically identical)

Moveset ideas: up special - fishing rod- grab recovery
down special- shovel - dig a pitfall that other characters can fall into
side special: axe - self explanatory
neutral special: net- counterattack move?
standard attacks- kicks and/or punches

neutral taunt- timmy and tommy come out
I already had an idea for Animal Crosser that was actually a complete moveset. I have it written down, but I'm not releasing info at all. But I've talked about it with all my friends and they were surprised how well it'd work. After the model rebuilder is done, I will get started.

Top Bottom