• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

humble

Smash Ace
I just changed some portraits. So now it looks like you are actually selecting Joe. Only one problem. The announcer says MARIO! and it says Mario next to him lol
Knuckle Joe, Mario in disguise. Good to hear the progress though Turtwig, I look forward to this project as well.

@Mr. Weegee- I think the grab damage should be taken away, if he gets instantly grab released most people still have followups for a grab release, especially if they know if he gets air released/ground released ahead of time. Basically, they will be able to punish anyways so the damage isn't necessary.

His recovery sounds good, I wouldn't worrry too much about Up-smash or dash attack. :D and yay for almost complete!

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
@Mr. Weegee- I think the grab damage should be taken away, if he gets instantly grab released most people still have followups for a grab release, especially if they know if he gets air released/ground released ahead of time. Basically, they will be able to punish anyways so the damage isn't necessary.

His recovery sounds good, I wouldn't worry too much about Up-smash or dash attack. :D and yay for almost complete!
Well, people normally take 2% damage for being grab released. I'll just leave it at that.

Oh, and how do you self-heal? For the Devil's grab-attack, I finished the animations and graphics for him sucking your life out (a red trail engulfing the opponent that travels down the devil's arm to his body), but the Devil doesn't heal any health. I'm guessing the food generation I used didn't work because alloy's probably can't normally eat food.

humble

Smash Ace
Well, people normally take 2% damage for being grab released. I'll just leave it at that.

Oh, and how do you self-heal? For the Devil's grab-attack, I finished the animations and graphics for him sucking your life out (a red trail engulfing the opponent that travels down the devil's arm to his body), but the Devil doesn't heal any health. I'm guessing the food generation I used didn't work because alloy's probably can't normally eat food.
o.o I never noticed that when I got grab released haha.

:D awesome graphics and animations! as for the actual healing, I would recommend you check out Lucas and Nesses vB files and see what they use for healing effects. Food generation is out, and even if it worked I still don't think it is really a fitting idea for healing. Regardless, awesome work so far!

Brizzle

Smash Cadet
This happens to the Devil when he gets thrown, too!
I've been searching for a solution...

Oh, and I replaced Palkia and Dialga with captain falcon.

And the Parasite queen is captain falcon...
DOING THE IRISH JIG!!!!!!!!!
and it's very good, if I must say so myself.
Yeeeeaaahhh, I'm gonna need that Parasite Queen replacement one. Please?

And two questions: Does he animate? And is there a way (besides freezing the stage) to get Frigate Orpheon from flipping?

Thanks!

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
He does the Irish Jig. That requires moving (I hope).

You gotta love that.

Fixed the up-smash. I'll release the devil in two minutes or so.

That way, Humble, I'll get to your request.

PND

Smash Champion

I know Pichu v2 self heals when (s)he taunts, maybe check out with SilenceOfNoOne in the Pichu thread to see how he accomplished it.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Its great! The texture problem is...strange O_o, but aside from that its awsome! I love that you figured out taunts! Most of these animations were custom right?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
@brawlshifter
do you know how to completely scale a model? if so, can you tell me how?
You mean make his whole model smaller? If so, you could either use the size attribute in PSA or use the scaling feature in BrawlBox.

Here is an easier way Tsu. Take Olimars model, and set it to T pose, meaning no animations are selected. Select the TopN bone, and set all of its size values to 0. You now have an invisible Olimar.
Ill do it and when i get the chance to test it i will[/QUOTE]

Would you please just hit "Quote" when you quote someone. Its annoying when it ends up not being quoted and I keep thinking its you saying it.

Yeah... forget about tingle... he doesn't have many bones. I want to work on knuckle joe instead. He has 36. :D
Okay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6_rbgYR408
Its a really funny bug, though really scary at 4:00 in the morning. i thought my tv had sploded. i think this was cause by the sink though.
I hate getting that bug.

Hey, a beta download of Porky is up!
Please,read the README before.
http://www.mediafire.com/?dflfnxzymlu
Adding to the Betas section.

And the Parasite queen is captain falcon...
DOING THE IRISH JIG!!!!!!!!!
and it's very good, if I must say so myself.
You should make a vid of that. I don't have my Wii with me right now, so I can't see it.:(

I just changed some portraits. So now it looks like you are actually selecting Joe. Only one problem. The announcer says MARIO! and it says Mario next to him lol
He works on Mario?

And two questions: Does he animate? And is there a way (besides freezing the stage) to get Frigate Orpheon from flipping?
I would think you could just change the flipping animation so that it doesn't flip.

Holy **** there was a whole page I didn't see.

@Mr. Weegee: Is Devil beta or complete? I'll see about the texture problem tomorrow when I get home from L.A.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Yah, they are. Glad ya love it!

Anyone have anything to say about Frigate Orpheon?

You should make a vid of that. I don't have my Wii with me right now, so I can't see it.:(
I forgot--I don't have video-making stuff.
Can sum1 make a vid?

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
We need ALOT more videos and/or pictures in this thread. I mean, seriously, I'm one of those people who only downloads things once he sees videos or pictures, primarily because my wii and computer are 4 floors apart >_< (yes, i have a big house) and I hate going through the trouble.

So, how about we get some videos? More importantly, edit all videos and pics onto the topic post.

ESPECIALLY for the bulblin and devil. I am really pumped for those two XD

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
We need ALOT more videos and/or pictures in this thread. I mean, seriously, I'm one of those people who only downloads things once he sees videos or pictures, primarily because my wii and computer are 4 floors apart >_< (yes, i have a big house) and I hate going through the trouble.

So, how about we get some videos? More importantly, edit all videos and pics onto the topic post.

ESPECIALLY for the bulblin and devil. I am really pumped for those two XD
Bulblin isn't happening, and I will post any videos that people make of their character in the OP.

4 floors apart
Are you rich!?!?

nerfispwnage243

Smash Cadet
If I haul *** I can finish Goomba entirely for the BETA by tomorrow or Christmas. I have 10 animations or so to make, and I also have to do some moveset stuff.

nerfispwnage243

Smash Cadet
OH MY GOD. I'm so pissed off right now. I finished ALL of Goomba's animations, and here I am, gonna test them, when I move the Motion file to the SD card. WTF?!?!?! I say!!!!!! THIS DISK IS WRITE-PROTECTED?!?!?!?! WHEN THE HELL DID I DO THAT?????????????? So...... I mess around with it, and all of a sudden, poof. Bye bye new animations! I have to make them. AGAIN. So....... Ya probably not gonna get it out for a while. God **** it.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
After the texture for the Devil is fixed, I'll probably give it its own thread.
And I think I'll start a cBrawl Thread soon...
OH MY GOD. I'm so pissed off right now. I finished ALL of Goomba's animations, and here I am, gonna test them, when I move the Motion file to the SD card. WTF?!?!?! I say!!!!!! THIS DISK IS WRITE-PROTECTED?!?!?!?! WHEN THE HELL DID I DO THAT?????????????? So...... I mess around with it, and all of a sudden, poof. Bye bye new animations! I have to make them. AGAIN. So....... Ya probably not gonna get it out for a while. God **** it.
There's a small yellow tab on the side of the SD card that you can move up or down to "lock" it. You should check that.

humble

Smash Ace
Just dropping by to say DEVIL IS AWESOME. Great job Weegee, tomorrow I'll post a full review of each move so you have some feedback. As soon as that texture problem is fixed he needs his own thread!

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to repost this...

Anyone know how to slow down a character in psa? I change most of the speed related stuff here by 0.5, nothing happened.

Any help? Anyone aslo know how to make it so that an alloy can pick-up items, or make it so that they can have shields?

Oh and brawlshifter, can you remove tingle from the OP and put Knuckle Joe over yellow alloy.

humble

Smash Ace
Just a guess, but if you change run initial velocity and those beneath it, would that slow the character?

Alloys cannot yet pick up items or shield, though project waluigi has created animations for picking up items and tried using them, ineffectively. They also gave a pseudo-shield by replacing the grab action to link to his laugh it off animation, which has a whole lot of superarmor to shrug off hits. Not an actual shield, but the best an alloy has gotten so far.

For notekeeping sake, how many bones does tingle have? (still trying to figure out the minimum bone count, it appears to be around 30. GL with knuckle joe though, he already has several animations so that may help.

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman
Just a guess, but if you change run initial velocity and those beneath it, would that slow the character?

Alloys cannot yet pick up items or shield, though project waluigi has created animations for picking up items and tried using them, ineffectively. They also gave a pseudo-shield by replacing the grab action to link to his laugh it off animation, which has a whole lot of superarmor to shrug off hits. Not an actual shield, but the best an alloy has gotten so far.

For notekeeping sake, how many bones does tingle have? (still trying to figure out the minimum bone count, it appears to be around 30. GL with knuckle joe though, he already has several animations so that may help.
I think tingle had either 29 or 26. One shy... or not.

nerfispwnage243

Smash Cadet
After the texture for the Devil is fixed, I'll probably give it its own thread.
And I think I'll start a cBrawl Thread soon...

There's a small yellow tab on the side of the SD card that you can move up or down to "lock" it. You should check that.
Tried. Both ways it didn't work.

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman
The initial run velocity didn't work. He's still super speedy. This may sound random... but, what happened to the KK/MM forums?

humble

Smash Ace
The initial run velocity didn't work. He's still super speedy. This may sound random... but, what happened to the KK/MM forums?
They are still there, http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php <is the link.

And sorry that it didn't work, I know many PSAs have faster characters, maybe ask someone whos made one what they changed in order to do so? then just do it in the reverse.

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
Trying to make that video for Devil but as far as I know my capture card crapped out on me.

I'm leaving this post for a review once I can get the video up.

Top Bottom