• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extreme Hog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
STOP ****ING ADVOCATING IT.

It's a terrible idea with by far the most skewed risk/reward ratio that Lucario could possibly ever be presented with! I blame Milln for bringing up this horrible, horrible idea, but shame on some of you guys for even considering it a useful tool!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
rolling is 2legit to quit

roll to approach
roll to move away
roll in and out to be gay!

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Why not roll -> fast drop hog?

or dair edgeguard?

or chargin that AS since there seems to always be "not enough time" for you to do it more often when your opponent's onstage?

It's fun, but I thought we all knew in all seriousness that there were better options.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Getting an extremehog is like landing a falcon punch.

Hard.

Risky.

but satisfying.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
So is DT, which I prefer to land anyways.

Something about the opponent dying in lame freefall screams "un-epic" unless I gimped them with some cool moves.

iLink

Smash Champion
^^ He doesn't snap to the ledge anymore in B+ so it isn't as effective.

I love doing it though D:

The way I usually get it to land is launch a charged aurasphere while they are recovering and while they are airdodging, I go ahead and do extremespeed.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Mm. Tone it down a bit kita. It's by player preference, and you did not need to make a whole new thread for it.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Don't mind me, just thinking about some options.

Hmmm what about vs. a recovering Olimar where you have enough room to do it?

If you run at the ledge you might have a better chance of getting latched onto by a pikmin, right?

Extremehog might be somewhat useful in luc dittos though.

It may not be the best option often times, but it helps to have more options.

Oh and don't forget you have the odd chance of tripping if you run at the ledge, but with Extremehog you don't (although messing up and losing a life is much worse than tripping >.> ).

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Don't mind me, just thinking about some options.

Hmmm what about vs. a recovering Olimar where you have enough room to do it?

If you run at the ledge you might have a better chance of getting latched onto by a pikmin, right?

Extremehog might be somewhat useful in luc dittos though.

It may not be the best option often times, but it helps to have more options.

Oh and don't forget you have the odd chance of tripping if you run at the ledge, but with Extremehog you don't (although messing up and losing a life is much worse than tripping >.> ).
You do know how fast Olimar's tether snap is, right? And how far away he can snap from?

ExtremeHog is not an option. Ever. If you need to get there fast, you roll or take the chance of tripping. A ridiculously small chance of tripping more than outweighs the opportunity to lose an entire stock from a dumb SD that probably would not have even finished off your opponent in the first place.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I know how fast the tether snap is, I'm just saying if he was some distance away and it would not snap until it was actually closer.

Even if something seems impractical its a good idea to discuss it to think of possible uses.

Its like when we try to FAir Marth. Its an option that's good for some mixups.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I know how fast the tether snap is, I'm just saying if he was some distance away and it would not snap until it was actually closer.

Even if something seems impractical its a good idea to discuss it to think of possible uses.

Its like when we try to FAir Marth. Its an option that's good for some mixups.
That is impossible. Play more Olimars.

You're insane if you think Fairing Marth is even close to the same risk level as ExtremeHog.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Here's what you do:
-roll/run/jump until you're near the ledge
-dash off w/o doing a lean over animation
-quickly input a quarter-circle movement with the analog stick starting down and move the stick towards the stage in that quarter-circle fashion

voila, instant speedy edgehog.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Sheesh Kita calm down. i merely suggested Extreme hog because im a scrub.

and as a poorly said joke >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom