• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

Corigames

Smash Hero
Why wouldn't you use it aside from having to activate it?
There is no frame disadvantage.
It makes spot-dodging her grab futile.
Added mind games with homing/length.

I don't see why you wouldn't use it when given the option to, but no one does.

Violence

Smash Lord
The problem I've had is that people start jumping out of shield more when they see you startup a grab, and when I'm close, that doesn't work like it wouldn't normally. Like, I can no longer grab out of the air.

I also start missing my timing on dash grabs a lot easier.

Other than that, I think it's good in certain matchups, like dittos, for example, where people normally stay grounded, but I don't often get the time to grab it. I usually use up that time with charging my shot.

Also wtf Tastygoldfish, you finally post in here and it's a plug for your tournament?

I think I'm going to that, btw. Hopefully Unknown can house me.

Corigames

Smash Hero
The problem I've had is that people start jumping out of shield more when they see you startup a grab
That would be a problem regardless of which one you're using.
Like, I can no longer grab out of the air. I also start missing my timing on dash grabs a lot easier.
Personal Problems ;) Like the previous argument about how it makes you want to grab more, that just comes from practice. Yeah, I do it too, way too much. I start getting grab happy and I get punished for it, but that just comes with learning your limitations as with any other move.
...I don't often get the time to grab it. I usually use up that time with charging my shot.
If I kill them, I tend to use that time charging my shot as well. However, activating the extender is a benefit granted to you throughout the lifetime of that stock whereas the benefit from charging up is null after use or when you're interrupted while using either it or the screw attack. In addition to that, the charge shot can be built up over several, smaller increments whereas the extender (on the ground) must be activated after a full grab animation or with adequate spacing for an aerial activation. This gives an advantage to getting a shot on the fly rather than activating the extender on the fly.
To me, that means it's a better investment of the time between stocks to get the extender instead of the charge blast, but I wouldn't blame someone for doing one over the other. They both have obvious benefits. That said, I tend to activate the extender when I come off the respawn platform more than any other time. It limits your ability to regain momentum from a lost stock by limiting your time for putting pressure on during invincibility, but allows you to safely and, relatively, quickly get the extender out.

IMHscrubO

TastyGoldfish

Smash Cadet
The problem I've had is that people start jumping out of shield more when they see you startup a grab, and when I'm close, that doesn't work like it wouldn't normally. Like, I can no longer grab out of the air.

I also start missing my timing on dash grabs a lot easier.

Other than that, I think it's good in certain matchups, like dittos, for example, where people normally stay grounded, but I don't often get the time to grab it. I usually use up that time with charging my shot.

Also wtf Tastygoldfish, you finally post in here and it's a plug for your tournament?

I think I'm going to that, btw. Hopefully Unknown can house me.
Maybe you can try waiting a bit before actually grabbing them with the grapple. the extendur intimidates almost everyone i play and they just freak out lol. it's kinda funny.

I don't go on the boards too often. and i thought this thread was kinda dead when i visited it before.

And I posted that in case people forgot about it =D so just a little reminder that might stick till they come hehe.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Man, all the way in Canada... (T_T)

Why wouldn't you use it aside from having to activate it?
There is no frame disadvantage.
It makes spot-dodging her grab futile.
Added mind games with homing/length.

I don't see why you wouldn't use it when given the option to, but no one does.
I've used both grabs and I really feel like the extender is laggier if it misses. Not only that, how are running grabs affected?

Bing

Smash Master
I am calling people, Its called Multitasking, gawd. Actually I just got a sale about 4 minutes ago.

Yeah Im kinda boss. Selling Insurance, Posting on SWF and texting some hot asian girl. ****.

Bing

Smash Master
I love the bair-bair-blaster combo :)

I dont know how to use grabs... Like I grab and throw and do nothing to ****.

And my manager doesnt know, my screens turned. If they catch me Im screwed :D

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
dunno who you are bing but your avatar choice *****
really wished they had stuck with that game's style system

also samus whoooo

Top Bottom