• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evolution: X-Men (officially abandoned)

Deadpool's Account

Smash Rookie
What a day, Journal!

First I'm greeted with the return of a lost lost friend, then I had to walk all the way to Brooklyn. Brooklyn! I paid a taxi driver, but when I came back to return the taxi the man had just left with his money. What am I suppose to do with the car now? It's frustrating.

On the flip side, I got to fight a lot of ninjas and ran into another lost prom dumpster baby. It's a bad baby, but I figure I'll just treat it like a woman and smack it around until it learns to stop talking to me.

I also finished a drawing. I hope you like it journal!

You see a child like picture of Deadpool riding a unicorn while punching Godzilla in the balls, with arrows pointing to Godzilla and Deadpool labeled "Monster" and "Me!" respectively

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
tom i am kinda waitinng for the beta like i said i can do just about any day around 11 pm est

so just pm when you would like to get started

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I harassed Tom once or twice last month for my beta, but he was never ready.

When he was, he came to me. Sent me the PM and we did it right away. I assume it'll be the same for you and that he hasn't forgotten.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
While I know this is still going on, I was curious if there are any updates

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I did a handful more betas, but this game is officially scrapped.

If I keep working on it, it will be in a much less ambitious format, with a much smaller cast, and a much smaller scope. And it wont happen for a while. And that's just reaching, this probably wont happen.

I just can't continue it. It is way too big. Eor, EE, and other game mods took the cautious and correct approach by starting smaller and making their games good on that scale, and then increasing. I didn't, and this is the result.

Apologies to everyone who put in work on their characterization. Just imagine how much work I did. I wrote over 30 detailed role PMs and mapped out a universe's worth of relationships.

I've been talking with a certain someone about an entirely different Evolution. When I say entirely different, I literally mean entirely different. That game would probably run before this one, and that game would probably only have a dozen players (not even that to begin with), and a much more defined (and limited) scope.

Don't even stay tuned. If that happens, it will happen, and if it doesn't, it doesn't.

Apologies again. Marshy, please unsticky this.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey man, props for the effort and the brilliant vision needed to even attempt to construct this behemoth.

My Beta was hella fun. Hope you atleast had fun building what you did and doing what betas you were able to.

Ronike

Smash Ace
You mean I'm not the juggernaut
bitch
? :(

nah just kiddin, would like to hear about the universe you created some time though

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I was going to sell weapons for both sides, and put a self destruct mechanism in everything I made. Then, when I joined one side, the other side's weapons would all suddenly explode...

Meanwhile, I was going to take the profit from said weapons, and build a power suit (think Iron Man). I had some big plans ready... pity it got cancelled. Then again, it wasn't really a surprise... :(

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I got half of my beta. I got to be Cable fighting Sentinels in the future. And I kicked so much *** I didn't lose a single man, which Tom did not expect. I didn't get the half where I would get to hang out with Deadpool, though. Eor was a hilarious and dead-on Deadpool. Tom should post his beta for y'all's entertainment. All pretty formatted and junk.

I'm disappointed, but strangely I'm actually kind of surprised. I did think Tom was stretching himself way too far with this one, but I dunno. I kind of thought if anyone could do it, it was Tom. Ah well. Hopefully one day.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
My beta was really well done and fun, sad to hear this is being abandoned.

As EE said, hopefully one day.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Nic- Who needs weapons when I can jump buildings, can crack ribs with my feet, have a 6 footish long tongue that can hit people, have spit that acts like glue OR acid?

The answer? Not Kiv.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Mine was awesome cause it involved awesome sword fighting. Not to mention I got to battle the silver samurai

Kicked his *** :D

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Mine was a stealth and infiltration mission right up until the end. Mystique was stealing corporate secrets or something from Carol Danvers (you see where this is heading), and I was supposed to erase both of us from their security tapes and stuff. I knocked out a few guards, stole their memories for info., etc., and everything was going perfectly right up until the end. Carol Danvers shows up so I start to fight her, end up absorbing some of her powers, we have a few moments of true superhero-battling before I steal her powers completely (and probably killed her, but maybe not), and then flew away.

Screw it, I'm posting a few excerts just to show how awesome my beta was, AND how much work Tom had put into this world. I was surprised when I did the following and Tom was prepared with an answer:

~~~

RogueSWF (9:53:46 PM): is there anything in the room that would be useful for me?
EvolutionSWF (9:54:33 PM): It's a nice hotel suite, and there is a laptop, a phonebook, a phone, and a television.
RogueSWF (9:54:47 PM): Do I have a cell phone?
EvolutionSWF (9:54:56 PM): You do.
RogueSWF (9:54:59 PM): ok
RogueSWF (9:55:08 PM): Out of idle curiosity before I get started
RogueSWF (9:55:19 PM): I go to the phonebook, and see if there's anything listed under "mutant"
EvolutionSWF (9:55:35 PM): You open the book and turn the pages to local Jackson.
EvolutionSWF (9:55:56 PM): Under "Mutant," there are about two pages worth of material.
EvolutionSWF (9:56:06 PM): There are numbers to call if you suspect that your husband or child may be a mutant.
EvolutionSWF (9:56:33 PM): There are hotlines for mutant sighting, and various other fairly oppressive material.
EvolutionSWF (9:57:15 PM): There is a research facility in Memphis, Tennessee called Helix, and they have a local lab in Jackson.
RogueSWF (9:57:40 PM): (you are definitely the right mod for this game )
EvolutionSWF (9:57:45 PM): (:D)

~~~

RogueSWF (10:10:41 PM): I walk back towards the street and pass close by to them, making VERY brief contact with one of them on the hand
RogueSWF (10:11:00 PM): I'm trying to glean a few names from inside the building besides Danvers
EvolutionSWF (10:11:21 PM): You pass by the group, and brush against a woman who is at the edge of them.
EvolutionSWF (10:11:41 PM): You brush her hand with yours for less than a second, and she barely notices.
RogueSWF (10:12:41 PM): I put my glove back on
EvolutionSWF (10:12:42 PM): Her name is Samantha. The red haired receptionist is Michelle. The other is a snarky *****. You shouldn't have eaten that muffin this morning. Your boss, on the fifth floor, with corporate psychology, is going to kill you because you aren't done with that paper.
EvolutionSWF (10:12:52 PM): You put back on your glove.
RogueSWF (10:13:01 PM): Did I get the name of her boss?
EvolutionSWF (10:13:12 PM): John Norris.

~~~

RogueSWF (11:36:27 PM): is there any way I can just delete everything in a hurry
RogueSWF (11:36:35 PM): or would I have to go through camera-by-camera?
EvolutionSWF (11:36:37 PM): You can.
EvolutionSWF (11:37:00 PM): You stop the current recording, and open the folder for today's date.
EvolutionSWF (11:37:09 PM): You highlight everything, and delete it all.
EvolutionSWF (11:37:17 PM): You make sure it is deleted out of the recently deleted files, as well.
EvolutionSWF (11:37:30 PM): The monitors in front of you all go black,
EvolutionSWF (11:37:32 PM): and then,
EvolutionSWF (11:37:39 PM): they all turn to a new room.
EvolutionSWF (11:38:09 PM): You see a young woman, dressed exactly like you, at a computer desk. At the door far behind her, there is another woman in business clothing, holding a remote, staring at her.
EvolutionSWF (11:38:31 PM): "Now, I'm sure you have a reasonable explanation for all of this."
EvolutionSWF (11:38:39 PM): You hear a smug voice behind you.
RogueSWF (11:38:44 PM): I spin
EvolutionSWF (11:39:08 PM): You turn, and you recognize the woman both from Mystique's briefings and the security guard's memories.
EvolutionSWF (11:39:15 PM): It is Carol Danvers.

~~~

RogueSWF (11:53:26 PM): I try to hop to my feet and headbutt her if I can
EvolutionSWF (11:53:28 PM): Her hand hits the chair with light force, and it moves a bit.
EvolutionSWF (11:53:35 PM): You quickly get up and headbutt her.
RogueSWF (11:53:40 PM): Trying to glean any info. on how I can escape
EvolutionSWF (11:53:52 PM): You've never headbutted anyone before, really, but you didn't think it should hurt that much.
EvolutionSWF (11:54:24 PM): You learn that men from a government agency called SHIELD will be here shortly to take you, and interrogate you, on your knowledge of the thief who you are obviously in cahoots with.
RogueSWF (11:54:43 PM): I try to break the sash
EvolutionSWF (11:55:05 PM): You pull your arms apart, and the sash breaks like a piece of string, far easier than you expected.
EvolutionSWF (11:55:26 PM): The woman grabs you by your arm.
RogueSWF (11:55:44 PM): I grab her by the neck with my other hand "Call SHIELD off!"
EvolutionSWF (11:56:07 PM): You grab her by the neck, demanding for her to call them back.
RogueSWF (11:56:07 PM): "Or they'll be waking YOU up!"
EvolutionSWF (11:56:21 PM): She gasps, and throws you.
EvolutionSWF (11:56:29 PM): Your grip on her breaks, and you fly towards the opposite wall.
EvolutionSWF (11:56:46 PM): Instictively, you stop - in mid air.

~~~

Awesome..

Top Bottom