• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evolution: X-Men (officially abandoned)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The Rogue said:
Me, Ah can't touch anyone without hurtin' 'em. No one except f'r Blindspot...
So, you know. If there's only one person on the whole planet you can touch, you'd probably be pretty interested in them, too...

*EDIT* Regardless of gender, is my point.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Not that rockin cares about sexy barely legal lesbo action.

He's just waiting for Iceman and Pyro to exorcize their tensions...

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Not that rockin cares about sexy barely legal lesbo action.

He's just waiting for Iceman and Pyro to exorcize their tensions...
I care about lesbian action! D:

and I don't care if Iceman decides to blow out Pyro's candle or Pryo accepts being doused in Iceman's white snow. I ain't watching! DX

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I'm either reading too much into it, or your last sentence had more "gay" in it than the first one. And the first one mentions lesbians. :urg:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I updated the first post. I am no longer taking new players unless your name is on that post or you have spoken to me saying you want to play. This will cap the game out at about 35 players, which is already a **** load. I cannot take any more.

If you have completed your beta, your name will have a √ checkmark next to it.

The betas are going in a bit of an order, and if you have not yet been beta'd, please do not complain. I am doing them in a 1 on 1 manner so that you get your fair chance to understand your powers before the game begins and it starts to be on a talk-to-me-to-play format.

I updated journal logs as well, and within a week or so the real map will be up.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I think I'm having a problem getting messages from people who aren't on my buddy list. I know that I signed off once and a window popped up very quickly with messages of yours before trillian shut down completely.

PM me or VM me again with your AIM and I will add it and I will add you when I get online today. I am going to be out of town this weekend, but betas will resume on Sunday night and I want to do one or more per night then.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
***** I upgraded my cannons with some meta-- er.

***** I was supposed to go on tuesday and didn't get to don't you be hatin' >: (

*z-snaps*

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Indeed, the game isn't supposed to start for a while anyway. Just be patient, it's totally worth it :)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Handorin, quit being an idiot. I didn't talk to you about it, as far as I know.

But I did talk to Nicholas, and Eor, and Evil Eye, and McFox, and yes, the game is still on. I've been moving people's starting locations and changing some things in the plot because frankly I let way too many people join the game to successfully mod them all at the same time and not have a really really slow game. xD So what I am doing is just increasing the rate at which player characters will meet each other, and encouraging more lethal player v player combat.

Like junglefever said, the game is still totally on and it was normally planned to start in like december and it will probably start before then.

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
okay sounds good tom sorry for adding so much pressure and this could be a idea to help you montior more people easier

now this might sound stupid but what if you let everyone kinda do their own things and for any of the information to become cannon they will have to send the aim conversation to you to be approved?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Batmansince, I don't think you understand the fundamentals of how adventure games work quite yet.

Adventure games are not roleplays. They are text adventure games, with hard-defined rules and happenings. The mods don't just direct the goings-on, but rather, they actually take actions, interpret them, and provide logical outcomes. Roleplay stuff is kind of... I don't know what to call it. It's just something people do to enjoy the flavor and enjoy the game. Or sometimes character's nature influences what they can or want to do in the game.

The analogy I like to use is that Adventure Games are to video games as books are to movies.

So you couldn't "just do your own thing" for about a million reasons. The chief one being that what will happen to your character and influence their quest is up to Tom, not us as players. The second is that self-modding just, well, doesn't really make sense or work. The third primary reason is that Tom is new to modding adventures, so a big part of these "betas" was not only to get your character started on their quest, but to test out and tweak their powers in the combat field as necessary, and so Tom can gain experience as a mod before the game commences and goes into overdrive.

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
still a little confused i suppose on your point to the subject i brought up but i will take your word for it

tom whenever i suppose you want to do my beta just give me a pm.....

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
You should probably PM him, and you two can set up a time and date to do it. Take initiative!

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
You should probably PM him, and you two can set up a time and date to do it. Take initiative!
Although this would normally be great, I don't think Tom is currently running betas.

He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they're on hold for the moment.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I sent out PMs today to some people who have not yet done their beta. I want to get a lot of them out of the way this weekend, hopefully over 70% of them, so the game can start in a week or so.

If you would like to join either faction during your beta, remember to let me know before we start, so I can set up the recruitment. So far, nobody has opted for that except for Matunas, who chose to be Academy, and will be recruited to that side during his beta.

If you haven't gotten your role PM yet, it means that I was working on it but then started beta'ing someone else. You will get it this weekend no matter what, most likely on Saturday.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
[19:38] EvolutionSWF: You kill the rest of the ninjas.
[19:39] Deadpoolsaimname: "Never again shall you flood our market with your superior goods"
[19:39] EvolutionSWF: They all die.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
[01:27] symptom129: You send a fairly large ball of flame into the air. It flies about four stories into the air before you let go of it, and it continue to fly into the air. The flame disperses in the air without anywhere to go after a few more feet, and then falls.

[01:28] symptom129: You gather the flames as they scatter and fall, and they regather as they continue to fall. Before they reach the ground, however, they form into what looks like a bird, and it flaps its firey wings. It shapes itself into a phoenix, that curves up and flies in a circle around the street.

[01:32] symptom129: The Phoenix curves its wings in by its sides and they form together into a large mass of a sac. The Phoenix opens its mouth to caw, but the mouth continues to open wide as it folds back and becomes foreskin.

[01:33] symptom129: The giant firey penis crashes into someones window, breaking through the glass and startling them.

[01:33] symptom129: You hear shouting, "BIG ASS FIREY DICK"
[01:33] symptom129: "IM SORRA JESUS IM SORRA"

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I have 8 PMs left to write and send. If you haven't gotten your PM, take solace in the fact that I wrote and sent more than 10 PMs today and knocked a few Betas out of the way. You will get your PM on Sunday, and I will beta another few people. I plan to start the game in two weeks at the latest.

SwordsRbroken and Pirajacinto please IM me <3 I have Mutants picked for the both of you, and I just need to talk to you to see if you like their powers.

Also hey mentosman IM me too.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Attention: Niiro my man, Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin, Colossus the Proletarian: please make some room in your PM box on your main account so I can send you your role PM. :]

Top Bottom